FIGHT THREAD

Can you really learn to fight just from practicing at home?

What would be the best methods? Has anyone done this before?

How long would it take to be better than the average person?

Lets hear your fight stories and tips to fighting Veeky Forums.
>Pic Related, Could you take a hallway full of gooks on Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R3OF1piGZoU
youtube.com/watch?v=8mILPqwesNE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No. To get better at fighting you need to spar. You can shadow box all you want but you won't ever know how you'll react to getting hit.

You would atleast be better than 80% of guys you see on the street tho?

Not without sparring, you can plan all you want, train all you want, but once you've been hit for the first time in a fight it all goes out the window

you'd probably be worse from ingraining bad motor patterns

Why? He'll either get knocked out or he won't.

I've watched amateur and professional fights for about 15 years now. Fighting is about repetition and genetics.

>Are you a hard worker who doesn't quit?
>Are your head, jaw, hands bigger than usual?
>Are you naturally good at running?
>Did you play sports or do chores on a farm growing up?

Fighting is not about muscles, although weight is an important factor and muscles are intimidating to the untrained person. Here is a highlight of a special human being, who shows that height and weight are no barrier to winning a fight, even against trained opponents:

youtube.com/watch?v=R3OF1piGZoU

Here is one of the most exciting fights in boxing history, an all time classic between two lifelong rivals:

youtube.com/watch?v=8mILPqwesNE

Ignoring skill, Igor's stocky build had a lot to do with his power. Guy was like 220-230 at 5'9 I believe.
He has a big ass, and big legs. And his core is fucking huge too. That is why he was able to throw so much power.

I wouldn't be surprised if he incorped some shotputting training into his own.

Ass, and core are a huge benefit to power. You get those two up and learn how to punch and you'll be decimating people.

B E A R S L A P

Yea but you're not gonna be any good in a fight if you haven't practiced fighting. "I'm a decent pilot but iv never flown a plane." "Sure I can do surgery, iv watched like 10 YouTube videos on it" "yea don't worry, I can build your house, iv seen others do it and nailed some wood before myself."

>Get knocked out
>This isn't an undesirable outcome

Or are you trying to say that people don't get used to taking punches and never get harder to knock out?

IFC 1 in 1996 when he fights 3 300lb+ guys in the same night is probably his prime, he's 23 and still fairly light. He goes on to fight at money weight for another 9 years in Japan taking on roided dudes with 6" height and reach on him.

What made him special was the size of his hands, and his durability. I think a decade bareknuckle free-fighting in Russia and the hundred odd kickboxing fights he had conditioned his hands and taught him the technique to be able to throw the short stabbing punches that get you a clean ko. By the early 2000s he's just porked up and swinging wild hays at random guys in Pride, the extra weight definitely benefits his power, but I think he's out of his physical prime and just doing it for money. He was lighting guys up before he gained the weight, which is what the highlight shows from that grainy mid 90s footage. Most fighters have strong cores, almost nobody had Igor's power.

He was also fighting better actual fighters in Pride though. He was porkier though.

Though I'm betting Igor did a lot of core twisting and shit with weight to get it stronger and to teach his body to move with the weight. Plus again, his big ass legs and ass help too.

Even without Igor's innate power, I'm betting anyone would hit like a truck if they had his legs, ass, and core, and the knowledge to move them together.

Not taking anything away from him, just saying anything he had was enhanced by things you can train to get by lifting weights. Whether he did that to get those proportions or not is the question, but I'm sure he did a lot of extra core work.

i personally believe that some people are just born natural fighters. I had my First "real" fight when i was and since then i beat the shit out of everyone that i fought, i was just a violent impulsive savage. I never lost a fight, i did get punched in the face a few times without being able to hit back because someone would jump in or some shit, but thats it. I started doing kickboxing when i was 16 and i did it for 3 years and i was great at it because im 6'3 and have a 6'7 armspan.
But to answer your questions.
No i dont think you can learn on your own at home, maybe if you spar with someone
Depends on how talented you are, as i said, some people are just good at fighting
My tips for fighting on the street would be, dont hesitate and try to hit First, if you see a fight is inevitable.

yeah for sure, black fighters make better boxers because of dat ass, not even kidding.

It would be like practicing a video game in single player mode, and then jumping into multiplayer and expecting to be competitive. You might be a LITTLE better off than someone who had never seen the game before, but you'll still get powned by pretty much everybody.

Something I forgot to mention. Look at his fuckings wrists.
His hands aren't that big (though conditioned to hell and back) but it makes me sad that I'll never have his wrists.

Igor was born to be thick. You can train your core, ass, and legs, but you will never have his wrists. Fuck I bet that helps with power a lot, or at the very least absorbs a lot of "recoil".

Wonder if just hitting shit that long builds a bigger wrist like that.

This thread was giving me some hope as a manlet but
>tiny, feminine hands
Whelp.
The smaller the area the force is applied the more damaging it does right? Like a spear, all the force is concentrated into a tiny destructive point?

Means you are gonna have to learn how to throw accurate punches to vital areas. Your fighting potential isn't worthless but you are gonna have to work much harder than somebody with a stronger build.

t. boxer

Best method is sparring, of course, you learn to write writting, you learn how to drive driving, you learn how to fight fighting.

Cool, I really want to take up boxing for fun but there are no gyms near me. Would the stress from punching add a little bone mass to my hands?

just get a gun, dumbass

martial arts are good for sports, enjoyment, and fuck-all else.

>risking the death of others and a life sentence in prison because of using a gun in a street fight

>getting into a street fight at all if it's avoidable

classless trash detected

>bone mass
Not really, your knuckles will look fucked up if you wanna brag about them. Where I felt the most growth was the forearms and core.

if you never seen the lighting when you got hit in the head, you will never learn what fight it is.
But never the less I prefer to talk myself out of situation than to fight, which I think is more harder .

>if it's avoidable
Your answer right here.

Two main benefits of martial arts is a group environment makes you less autistic, and they get you used to the feel of smacking another human body around and being smacked by one.

'Training martial arts at home' makes you instantly recogniseable as a turboautist, which is incidentally one of the main groups anybody wanting violence will target. You would be far better of using the time lifting or reading some basic conflict psychology.

Bouncer here, probably been in about 30 fights in my 5 years working. Witnessed a couple hundred, up close aswell, best advice would be go kickboxing pr boxing the only thing you can do at home to benefit would be get in better shape.

Best advice for a street fight is hit them hard and hit them first, dont shit yourself and don't be afraid to kick them real hard in the nuts.

no matter how hard you train, unless you spar constantly at full contact, you will never learn to fight. Anyone who says otherwise never fought in their lives.

>Can you really learn to swim just from practicing at home? I don't have any pactual water btw.

>What would be the best methods? Has anyone done this before?

>How long would it take to be a better swimmer than the average person?

>Lets hear your fight stories and tips to swimming /fit

This is what you sound like OP

Practicing alone reinforces bad habits and you'll never learn good defense.
Train your core and overall endurance instead