ATHLEAN X

Who is the best Fitness vlogger on YouTube and why is it Athlean-X?

Had shoulder pains all week, 5 minutes doing the exercise in his video and it's almost gone. :)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5xEYhvj4Q
youtu.be/NHxON58C7w4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsmeXwHu6W0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5xEYhvj4Q

How true is this video ? I know recomp is a thing for beginners but he's saying that this is achievable consistently.
He's saying you can basically build muscle and lose fat at the same time, is this something achievable and if it is wouldn't it be gains that take forever to get ?

>Athlean-X
thats the
>STOP DOING FLIES
meme trainer

Sounds like he's a bit too eager to shill his shit, basically
>what you've read is false head over to our website to get a good program

Honestly I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if it's possible, however I know that bulking and cutting works as long as you do it correctly and you have discipline.

I watch his videos about protecting shoulders. Since mine are fucked.

I'm glad you brought this up because I've wanted to complain about it since yesterday.

It is the dumbest fucking video he's ever done and it honestly puts me off recommending his other videos to people.

Click bait title, dumb preview image, but that's standard nowadays. What really grinds my gears is the argument underlying his meandering verbal diarrhea.

>Should you cut to lose body fat?
No! It's too hard and people lose motivation. Instead, you should achieve a "hypocaloric state" by eating below your TDEE.
>Should you bulk to gain mass?
No! It's too risky and some people never stop. Instead, you should eat at a slight caloric surplus and make sure you're watching your macros.
>How much protein should I eat, then?
There's lots of studies, but who fucking knows? Just do what's right for you ®

This is some asinine shit and I've seen a lot from fitness YouTubers. He says you shouldn't cut to lose fat, then proceeds to describe what "cut" means and says to do that instead. He says you shouldn't bulk, then gives an outline of how a bulk cycle works and says to do that. Who the fuck is he kidding with this?

Oh and of course, "don't cut/bulk, cut/bulk instead!" might be confusing advice, so if you need further guidance please buy his expensive program for more tips, because, guys, he doesn't bullshit you.

Then he has the audacity to suggest that a fat untrained guy achieving noob gains is a model for indefinite, sustained muscle growth while eating at a deficit.

Dude should be ashamed.

For those shitting on Jeff, I suggest watching this review. Jeff has click bait titles and does sell a product, but his information is solid and he gives most of it away for free.

youtu.be/NHxON58C7w4

Anyone have experience with his programs? I was considering getting ax1, but I'm honestly not that excited about changing from a more standard weightlifting program.

This tbqh

All batty too! Just buy more fat gripz!

He is very dedicated and knowledgable. I think people like to hate on him because he lays down a lot of uncomfortable truths, but if you let your ego on the side and actually follow his advice you'll be doing yourself a big favor.

alphadestiny is way better and more qualified imo

He's the best. Most of what I learned worked, e.g. wrist/hip mobility, supps, cardio, shin splits, etc.

But yeah, his titles are click-baity but I guess that's just the nature of the business. A small price to pay for the info.

He's better than most but still a faggot

Jeff fucking please. You have no answer at all to

Maybe you should try phrasing that word vomit wall of text a bit better.

Got a lot of good info when I started working out, caters to the novice. Would recommend everyone who's starting to work out to watch efflean-ex (don't buy the program), omer surfclam, early Yooo elliut and Johnny /our manlet/ candito.

>Jeff Cavalier lecturing anybody about word vomit
Lmao.

You created a video saying cutting/bulking isn't a good way of losing body fat/gaining muscle mass, then offered eating at a deficit/surplus as the solution. It's like saying, "Listen up guys, a lot of people say you should drink water to stay hydrated, but that really isn't what you want to do. Instead, you should pour water into your mouth and engage your throat muscles to move the water from your mouth to your stomach by way of your asophagus. Please buy my program, guys!"

The vomit isn't on my end. You're spewing nonsense to sell products.

So what's the verdict on chest flys?

The Arnold seems to think it is required.

I'm not Jeff lmao.

And he critizes the traditional bulking-cutting CYCLE, as in it's better to make small gradual changes over a long period of time. To which anyone in their right mind would agree with. Clean bulking is far superior to cycling both from an aesthetics standpoint and for your health.

I don't entirerly agree with him on that one, but I see where he's coming from. Think about it, the angle is kinda awkward. I still think it's a good supplementary exercise though.

>Click bait title, dumb preview image, but that's standard nowadays.
Agreed.
>No! It's too hard and people lose motivation. Instead, you should achieve a "hypocaloric state" by eating below your TDEE.
No, he says that most people who want to lose weight (read: women who don't know shit about this) will go on an aggressive cut and try to maintain that for long periods, which backfires for different reasons. He doesn't say you shouldn't cut.

>No! It's too risky and some people never stop. Instead, you should eat at a slight caloric surplus and make sure you're watching your macros.
He's right when he says that many people use the bulking excuse just to remain fat all year round. Just look around in your commercial gym any day of the year. You will see big guys (for you) who would be jacked if not for their protruding bellies. Also, he doesn't say you should eat at a surplus. He says you should be in positive nitrogen balance, and that's done, mainly, by having a high protein ratio compared to your other macros. But he specifically says (and that's the main point of his channel) that you can be in positive nitrogen balance and thus build muscles and at the same time be in a deficit of calories.

>There's lots of studies, but who fucking knows? Just do what's right for you ®
His argument is that you shouldn't stress over having exactly 1.75g/lb or 1.4354 or whatever, but just focus on having a lot. That's the same argument that is used everywhere by people who take into account the psychological effects of diets on people, ie. "it's ok if you went over your calorie allowance for a day, don't stress over it", and once again he's right. Not that it won't affect negatively the diet to cheat on it, but stressing over details will add another negative effect for nothing. Saying the opposite is just plain elitism and should only apply to professional bodybuilders/powerlifters with weight classes etc, which you're obv not if you take advice from a youtube channel

>don't permabulk, guys, just bulk forever
You have the same disease Jeff has. Double speak.

>you can be in positive nitrogen balance and thus build muscles and at the same time be in a deficit of calories.
As an untrained noob, yes, especially if you're overweight to start with. You cannot eat at a deficit and gain mass indefinitely. Utter snake oil prescription.

And as for the other stuff, Jeff is being very misleading by framing cutting as extreme dieting and bulking as getting fat. He's misrepresenting both concepts by reducing them to their most excessive misapplications so he can sell the proper concepts to you, re-branded, at a premium. It's shameful.

>And as for the other stuff, Jeff is being very misleading by framing cutting as extreme dieting and bulking as getting fat. He's misrepresenting both concepts by reducing them to their most excessive misapplications so he can sell the proper concepts to you, re-branded, at a premium. It's shameful.

What he's doing is highlighting the dangers of doing the common bulk/cut cycles for normies, or at least for people who don't actively research stuff. These people won't know better. For you, me and people who know what they are doing, bulking and cutting is fine although it does probably have some drawbacks too (hormones can fuck up etc)

It's been working for me at ~20%bf and 2pl8 bench and I'll keep doing it til it stops. If I try to cut I basically rage 24/7 and barely sleep

>These people won't know better.
And they won't know better because guys like Jeff are purposefully disseminating false and misleading information to try and make sales.

Dude makes good form videos, but I have serious qualms about recommending him when he practices such slimy sales tactics.

this

>basically build muscle and lose fat
yes
I am doing that. But I am not fat fuck like boggie, just had love handles and belly, no shagy tits or arms. Not fat legs.
Cardio+weight lifting.

Which video op? My shoulders are fucked

His arms are very impressive desu

in piratebay there is ax1 program if you like it you can buy it. But I think only watching his videos esp. his 6min sore videos will be enough to construct good routine

So I'm curious about this. Basically you can "Lose fat and gain muscle" by "A caloric deficit + Positive Nitrogen Balance"

So, at 180lbs, I should eat 1800kcal a day whiles having to consume (=180*1.72)g of protein. Approx, that's 1kg of chicken breast a day, with about 600kcal for carbs. I don't think I have the money to pull this off. Chicken breast is already the cheapest protein source there is.

>best vitness VLOGGER
>not joe delaney

>not boogie2988

Why not just do cable flys? They do the same thing as dumbell chest flys without the awkward angle.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zsmeXwHu6W0