Mental Health General: Jordan Peterson Edition

It's time for some mental gains.

Start here to understand more about your dilemmas and how to solve them, or at worst burn some time with a very interesting lecture series.

>Maps of Meaning: Lecture 1
youtu.be/bjnvtRgpg6g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XbOeO_frzvg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I lift for him
B A S E D P E T E R S O N

I listen to his lectures when I do some mindless stuff. I don't even have anything to do with psychology.

Same here. I listen to them when cleaning the house/yard or driving.

thanks for the podcast man. It's good.

>that pic

His lecture on message to millenials was fucking top notch
10/10

Post it senpai

ASPD lecture would be great

youtu.be/XbOeO_frzvg

There you go m8

I use working out as a secondary treatment for my mental illness, anyone else here do the same?

Here

When I stopped the weekly thing (because of coursework) I was getting my lows a lot more often. Social beers/drinks were not good for me either during that same time period.

Too fucking emotional and dumb shit started bothering me bad. Comparison to my other work buddies, they just get angry whereas I got sad

Made time early morning for fitness again and the clouds started parting

i've seen him at my gym a few times. he's got decent strength for a 50 year old guy imo.

I do the same. I'll go insane if I don't workout.

Don't drink too much of the Peterson Kool-Aid. Check out his recent two podcasts with Sam Harris to see how fallable he really is. Don't get me wrong, I like Dr. Peterson, he should just stick to Psychology and get away from metaphysics.

But Sam Harris is an actual idiot.

I used to and it eventually caught up with me and I stopped coping and subsequently stopped working out. I eventually addressed my underlying issues successfully and am currently in the 8th month of my cut (down ~40 lbs). I'm also now mentally healthy. Good luck, brothers.

example?

sam harris and peterson are just two sides of an intellectual coin though. peterson seeks to peer between lines and draw conclusions, sam harris only see's the lines, albeit more clearly. peterson is a psychologist and tries to understand meaning, sam harris only see's evidence and is rigid. neither are better but they're different schools of thought.

Still, Peterson's lack of clarity when it comes to his arguments were teased out easily by Harris. Peterson crumbled when it came to pinning himself down to his definition of the word "true", his alternative definition of which props up the rest of his platform... I appreciate what he is trying to convey, and think that stories and archetypes do matter, I'm just not sure it stands up to real scrutiny... At least not yet

Peterson is just the new bognadoff meme