Meme diets

I'm considering suicide.

Other urls found in this thread:

examine.com/nutrition/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16255998
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19828712
annals.org/aim/article/1846638/association-dietary-circulating-supplement-fatty-acids-coronary-risk-systematic-review
openheart.bmj.com/content/3/2/e000409.long
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2909187/
atvb.ahajournals.org/content/18/7/1181.short
physiologyonline.physiology.org/content/28/5/330
onlinejacc.org/content/67/3/316.short
nature.com/news/the-science-myths-that-will-not-die-1.19022
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How can people be this fucking stupid?

I'm going to wager that a woman posted this
Does she not know how many carbs are in pasta sauce? I bet it's jarred too, so it's like pouring soda all over your chicken. Disgusting

Some people are just brain dead. Especially fat people. You can't be fat and have common sense and self control. Period.

Well, that's just keto. If you're a fatty that can be a good way to go.

>my doctor recommended all the meat and cheese possible
No doctor would do this, what the fuck.

Woah woah woah, I'm fat, but I'm turning myself around using extreme Veeky Forums knowledge

It's all oran berries for me too, boys

Sorry. You can't [continue becoming fat] and have common sense and self control. Don't you fucking fail me, fat ass. You'll get there.

Yea but that plate shouldn't be one sitting.

Kek
You beat me to it

My life's work is done now.

>no carbs or low low-carb
I dont see the problem here, this is just ketofags at work

Kinda harsh but this is correct
Don't worry fatanon, you'll make it. The fact that you've realized there's things you can do to curb it and not make excuses means you're not braindead. Most people never make it that far.

Pasta sauce needs to be cut out.

>ekans diet
white girl genocide when

Dr Pepper would.

>criticizes the classic Steak & Eggs diet
>has a fakebook account with unedited Trump picture as photo
>gives mom advice like high in fat is the devil

Former Fatty McFat Fat here. I believe in you. May Odin smile upon you and grant you righteous gains.

Dr. Pepper's PHD is in creative writing.

Shit doctor recommended her just to eat saturated fat and cholesterol what a fucking genius

who doesn't?!

Skinnyfat with a quick question here.
Does figuring out how to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time pay off, or is it just a shitty meme/waste of time?

Both posts are fucking retarded, you should both kill yourselves.

I doubt you even lift

It's only when you are a beginner (you can even gain muscle on a cut), but it will plateau pretty early. Do it at the start until your lifts stop increasing or you reach a low bf% then move to cutting and bulking.

Thank you very much

>he has a pepe as his profile picture

nice, that's a good gag

if she had made the sause herself used less cheese, i would eat

Thanks user, I appreciate it

> using Veeky Forums and not loving Pepe and his teachings

>all the meat and cheese possible

Keto doesnt work if you just fucking binge food like a monster

there's no reputable study that shows that saturated fat is bad for you

it's actually good for men and slightly increases testosterone

No. Saturated fat and cholesterol raises cholesterol.

Fats in general raise test because fats are used in the body's hormone production.

and cholesterol raises test

there are loads of them. there is no reputable study that shows that it is NOT bad for you.

bruh are those stepstools he's using as canes or a special kind of walker

either way still funny

>Ekans diet
>Ekans is snake backwards

Literally snake oil.

I used to eat this all the time while I was on keto. Lost 80lbs and have been a healthy weight for 2 years now.

You guys are brainwashed by the sugar and grain industry lmao, keto works.

>doctor said drink 3 liters of water a day but im adding shitton of suggar to it so its easier to drink
hurr durr

Making horribly unhealthy modifications to a healthy base diet doesn't make it any less horrible.

Im on paleo for 2 years now but i don't eat steak every day since i use my brain

Wait, I have pasta sauce on 2 of my meals a day, am I gonna die

>Im on paleo
He was braindamaged all along!

americans should be humanely put down on birth

>Boogie2988 here

wft is up with that skin. this is what hell looks like

my mother is bad with this. just today she made a plate of food that was "healthy" and it had to be probably 4 thousand calories worth of food. this was at 2:34, not even dinner time yet. lets just say, she wonders why she is fat

Dr. Mary Enig would. She's the author of Eat Fat Lose Fat.

Paleo doctors aka nutjobs recommend it too.

Dr. Feelgood?

after this he probably drank a gallon of dr pepper and two family size pizzas to feel better about himself

> needing 4 people to wash your ass

..how and why, just stop bringing him food, he obviously cant get up to get it himself. Whos enabling this madness ?

>there's no reputable study that shows that saturated fat is bad for you

at least no study done by fatty industry

>there's no reputable study that shows that saturated fat is bad for you

This is what people actually believe. This is how fucking brainwashed corporations have made people that they actually think butter is a health food.

Breh...
Sauce?

examine.com/nutrition/is-saturated-fat-bad-for-me/

If you're cutting then I don't see how that's an efficient use of your macros

Please don't trust examine.com articles for advice about your fucking life.

>Multivariate analyses indicated that isocaloric increases in saturated fat intake were associated with highly significant increases in low density lipoprotein cholesterol and smaller increases in high density lipoprotein cholesterol, as were increases in dietary cholesterol
bmj.com/content/314/7074/112

>Saturated fat raises high-density lipoprotein cholesterol but has unfavorable effects on total cholesterol, and has been associated with increased cardiovascular events.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16255998

>A saturated fatty acid-rich diet induces an obesity-linked proinflammatory gene expression profile in adipose tissue of subjects at risk of metabolic syndrome.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19828712

Oh, im bulking

niggas stop getting marinara with fucking maple syrup in them, red sauce is low calorie

For every meta-analysis saying it's bad there's a meta-analysis saying it isn't.

annals.org/aim/article/1846638/association-dietary-circulating-supplement-fatty-acids-coronary-risk-systematic-review

openheart.bmj.com/content/3/2/e000409.long

Which usually means it's probably somewhere inbetween, but that it's so insignificant that it doesn't matter. It's like creatine, you can find a bunch of studies showing performance increases and a bunch showing none, probably because even if it does work it doesn't make all that much difference. Just like how even if saturated fats DO increase mortality, it's by such a miniscule amount that you shouldn't really care.

basically you should be worried if you're one of those "cardio kills gainz" fags but fine if you actually get your heart rate up.

Lifting has a decent cardiopulmonary effect too. Really just don't be fat.

The kind of lifting that is pushed heavily around here is absolute fucking trash for that.
It raises blood pressure by a huge amount but it does basically nothing for cardiovascular health.
Brisk walking is better for you in that regard.

squats for 5x5, 3x10, 1x20 etc. Tried wearing a heart rate monitor whilst doing these? Not too shabby from a training zones standpoint.

nothing compared to cardio. Even if it was, 4-5 hours a week is not nearly enough.

not bad advice but i would never listen to some faggot with that profile pic

meant for Maybe you can get away without doing cardio if your a manlet and your family has no history of problems. But even then might be taking years off your life

Find a flaw. Protip: you can't.

>Multivariate analyses
Yeah, with these unless there's actual raw data presented they tend to be bullshit. Things that are negatively correlated can become positively correlated because you have related variables, and what some people think indicate significance is really just them adding variables willy nilly until the variance appears to be well explained. Proper minefield.

>coffee
>saltines
>ice cream
protip: it's shit

real life boomer

Muscle mass actually has much better correlation with mortality than aerobic capacity, so if you want to live longer, lifting is the more important one.

>implying 4-5 hours of cardio a week is healthy

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2909187/

>Importantly, intense and prolonged exercise can result in oxidative damage to both proteins and lipids in the contracting myocytes.

cardio's sweetspot for fat loss and longevity is 30~ minutes a day max without spiking up your heart rate past 120~ bpm or so (If you're a 6'1 decently in-shape male)

just do both u nigger they're both important fuck

cardio kills gains

you're stupid as fuck if you believe that meme enjoy being a bloated gymcel

correlation!=causation

also nice source

Obviously it depends on intensity and how much you do. 30 minutes a day obviously isn't going to be enough for a long distance runner. 30 minutes might be sufficient for someone just starting out with cardio.

Shit, my grandmother's had this diet on her fridge since like 1994. I remember her being on a diet and eating hotdogs and ice cream while complaining about being hungry.

>long distance runner

long-distance running is BAD for you, did you even glance at the article? 30 minutes might be sufficient for someone starting out with cardio? what? 2 miles of running / walking is more than enough to supplement a weight lifting / calisthenics routine

and how many "long-distance runners" do you know?

>killing your gains because you want to go jogging like an old woman

No boomers need to put down and boomers that allow teach their kids to be fat. My mother was vain and also loved cocaine so she stayed skinny and made real sized portions of food to stay skinny so I just followed her lead. I drank soda a lot as a kid and got slightly overweight during puberty but once I cut it out I was lean. Who 10 years sober from soda here?

No it doesn't you fatass.

>did you even glance at the article?
hurr oxidation hurr. Your one extremely vague, non-quantitative sentence from the abstract doesn't mean shit.

nonstop running is intense. Walking isn't, if you're only gonna walk you can do more than 30 minutes after your first week. I play basketball for hours a day and am fine.

>and how many "long-distance runners" do you know?
knew several in high school, didn't seem like they were breaking down. Seemed quite healthy in fact.

>dying early because you can't handle a few extra calories to make gains

>doing something that demands metabolic resources to adapt to and competes for the same metabolic resources as gains will have no effect on them :)))))))

>having shit tier genetics and dying early because you didn't jog enough

Just take yourself out of the gene pool already

>being a dyel manlet
it's not enough to kill yourself, you need to kill all the other manlets too in order to apologize for your existence

>calling somebody dyel when you do cardio

I get to keep my gains mr skeltal

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2909187/
There's a short-term oxidative stress, but chronically the antioxidant network gets upregulated which gives a net benefit. It's called hormesis.

atvb.ahajournals.org/content/18/7/1181.short
physiologyonline.physiology.org/content/28/5/330

>cardio's sweetspot for fat loss and longevity is 30~ minutes a day max without spiking up your heart rate past 120~ bpm or so (If you're a 6'1 decently in-shape male)
Where are you pulling this number from? onlinejacc.org/content/67/3/316.short estimates maximal risk reduction at about 41 MET-h/week or a about a jog once a day for an hour at a 6.5mph pace. More if you're trained due to an increase in efficiency.

it was a fucking joke you stupid fuck, fuck

>doesn't dispute manlet claim

I get this chunky vegetable red sauce, its not some loaded shit

There's a reason why they became fat in the first place. They don't know how calories work and don't want to sacrifice their gluttonous consumption for a healthier body so they figure they can just eat less carbs and more of everything else.

nature.com/news/the-science-myths-that-will-not-die-1.19022
>Yet in the early 2000s, scientists trying to build on the theory encountered bewildering results: mice genetically engineered to overproduce free radicals lived just as long as normal mice4, and those engineered to overproduce antioxidants didn't live any longer than normal5. It was the first of an onslaught of negative data, which initially proved difficult to publish. The free-radical theory “was like some sort of creature we were trying to kill. We kept firing bullets into it, and it just wouldn't die,” says David Gems at University College London, who started to publish his own negative results in 2003 (ref. 6). Then, one study in humans7 showed that antioxidant supplements prevent the health-promoting effects of exercise, and another associated them with higher mortality8.

>Today, most researchers working on ageing agree that free radicals can cause cellular damage, but that this seems to be a normal part of the body's reaction to stress. Still, the field has wasted time and resources as a result. And the idea still holds back publications on possible benefits of free radicals, says Michael Ristow, a metabolism researcher at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, Switzerland. “There is a significant body of evidence sitting in drawers and hard drives that supports this concept, but people aren't putting it out,” he says. “It's still a major problem.”

>these metanalyses are wrong because I feel they are wrong
>Doesn't realize the Amish are fit and eat shit loads of saturated fat but are incredibly active

It happens that the SAD is high in saturated fats but also high in calories and carbs, so those people become fat and their blood lipid profile becomes commensurately worse, it's not the saturated fats, it's being a lardass.

This is literally the fax equivalent of spam email, copied by gullible idiot to gullible idiot, this diet's origin is in people undergoing heart surgery, and not something meant to be long term.

what is the reasoning behind it?

Or was it a genius pre internet era trolling?

Pretty much, someone put the name of this clinic on it and it spread over fax machines and mimeographs. Literally 1980s era version of spam mail. My buddy's mom swore by it, her house smelled like cabbage all the time. Weight never kept off.

do you have a fucking donald trump pepe as your fucking profile picture

kys unironically everyone thinks you're a faggot