5/3/1

Just started this and I really feel like the volume is way too low. Is it seriously one set of 5 after warm up sets?

It feel like it is Accessory Lifts - The Program.

I have just been doing extra sets this first week because it doesn't seem right. I'm definitely beat up from doing a ton of accessory work so that's nice I guess. Am I doing it wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/workouts/beyond-531-program-1-1
liftcalculator.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Do the BBB variant

531 works just trust it

do joker sets

this. If you are worried about volume then just had more accessories. You really shouldn't stray away from the original program as it does work. Broke my long lasting squat plateau of 405, brought it up to 455 in about 5 months of 5/3/1

When should someone consider 5/3/1?
My stats are
>OHP 65kg
>Bench 100kg
>Squat 160kg
>Diddy 130kg

As far as I understand it 5/3/1 is far more suited towards intermediate+ lifters.

Also, I trust the methods and numbers but the diet, in particular, is way over my calories and generally batshit insane as far as I'm concerned

if you can't progress workout to workout you are intermediate (weekly+ progress)

one set of 5? nigger what the fuck are you talking about. you do your warm ups, then you do 3 sets of what you're working with. 5 x weight, 5 x more weight, 5+ x more weight. 5+ refers to you doing more than 5 if you can. then the next week you do 3 but with more weight than you did the five up until you get to the final week (1+) where you work for your 1 rep.

It's 3 sets of 5 tho

Ignoring warmup shit

The spreadsheet I'm using makes it look like 1 set of 5 reps at working weight. As I said I just did 3 x 5 because it seemed way too low.

Are you saying it's supposed to be 3 x 5 first week then 3 x 3 second week then 3 x 1 third week then deload week?

Because yes I am saying I believe it to be 1 x 5 at working weight which is the whole reason I said the volume seems crazy low and it feels like it's just Accessory Lifts v.2.0.

I did this for a year but prefer Beyond 531. It's an A/B workout.

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

I've been doing it for a year and a half and love it. Original 531 is supposed to be for hardcore lifters who lift so much that regular programing would destroy their joints, except hardcore lifters don't do it. Beyond 531 has a good mix of heavy and volume lifts.

t-nation.com/workouts/beyond-531-program-1-1

3x5, then 3x3, then week 3 is a set of 5, then 3, then 1

its a bro split

yes, it is supposed to be 3 sets after your warm up. on your last set you try to push past the 5, 3, or 1 if you can. then yes, you deload the next week. my 5 would look like this

warm up
weight x 5
more weight x 5
even more weight x 3
working sets
weight x 5
more weight x 5
even more weight x 5+

you just follow the same formula for the next weeks as well

forgot 3rd week is a set of 5, 3, 1 after the warm up

Thanks all. Glad I was just being a retard.

Will check it out

fix ur catback dl first, fag

My diddy is shit because of my grip, not so much my form. Working on it though

if it was a "catback dl" then it would be disproportionately higher than his squat, stupid

this
he's a half repper numbnuts

In a single year of BBB my squat went from 260lbs to 380lbs and my deadlift went from 300 to 445lbs. Literally by only doing the 3 working sets after warming up, all while completely dropping the accessories.

Use this
liftcalculator.com/
You probably do something wrong

>squat more than deadlift
Hello half repper

Thanks.

I do just want to point out that nowhere dies that say 3 x 5. Wtf why is 3 sets assumed?

bit late, but i've never seen that site before. i used the old jim wendler site before it bit the dust and it gave you your 3 warm up then 3 working sets. strengthstandards.co is the one i use now. good luck user

Go read the book before you fuck up. Week 1 is supposed to be 1x5 @ 65%, 1x5 @ 75%, and 1x5+ @ 85%. Also I suggest reading beyond 5/3/1 and doing something from that instead of regular 5/3/1