Are you doing your ab workouts user?

I surely hope you didn't fall for the "compounds are enough for abs" meme.

i did at first. but not anymore.

whats good oblique work besides side planks, is an ab wheel enough work for the whole abdominal area?

Most underrated ab exercise of all time - weighted decline crunches. Except dont put the plate over your chest like a fucking retard, put it behind your head. Makes it 100x harder. Dont believe me, try it next time. Ive been doing these for months and have had amazing ab gains.

Should I work abs everyday? Bench leg raises kill my shit up the next day how good are they?

captains chair. there is no better ab workout.

i do cable crunches on leg day

Abs ain't nuthin but a kitchen baby

You can def get away with doing abs everyday if you do like body weight stuff and leg raises. If you're doing weighted stuff though I'd do it every other day

I'm with this guy

Side bends, especially with weight

I fell for the meme, could this have aggravated my hernia?

Isn't isolating lower back just as important?

Yeah you're right, but your abs will look like pic related

Isolating abs is not necessary if you are properly engaging your core in your other lifts. using a fucking belt will negatively impact your core strength. I've been lifting for 5 years and never once have used or needed a meme belt

Fuck is this actually a meme

you neglecting not using a belt will catch up with you. I promise.

no, the people who preach not working abs are all on gear. If you dont want to work abs, thats fine but your core will not look nearly as impressive as what it could look with regular ab work. Stop listening to guys on steroids

Interesting idea. Ima try this tomorrow

Isolating abs isn't necessary for core strength but it is for aesthetic rectus abdominis (unless you're hella lucky)

Is it just me or do leg raises work your legs too

I can't even figure out how I'm raising my legs with my leg muscles

You will develop more problems using a belt than not. You will end up with a dependence and your core will be a weakpoint for all your lifts.

>everyone who has better results than I do are on steroids

/thread

you wont regret it

yeah, they work your adductors. Just focus more on engaging your core, but you cant really avoid it its just what it is

thats true if youre not doing direct ab work. In my case, i wear a belt for my deads and squats for anything about ~80% of my 1rm. Then do weighted core work to keep my core strong

Leg raises are targeting your hip flexors, and one of your main hip flexors is your Rectus Femorus, which is one of your 4 quadriceps muscles and the only one of the 4 which is a 2 joint muscle. This means it's responsible for hip flexion as well as knee extension. That's why you feel like you're working your legs while doing leg raises.

Wood choppers with cables or leg windmills on pull up bat

Did you do weighted crunches?

How many sets and reps is good for them??

I do kitchens almost every day and my abs are p shredded

20-50 total reps, broken up however you want

Should girls do abs? I thought ab exercises were a meme?

Cheers, will add these to my plan

I have been doing good with one arm one leg planks and hanging leg v raises 3 times a week, as well as doing cardio regularly. Seems like I don't work abs enough but I have significantly better abs than I did when I bought into the "compounds are enough" meme.

Just do front squats

Or just grab a heavier weight and put it on your chest.

Kidding. I do the same with a 12 lb medicine ball (only one at the gym with handles). Alternate between sit ups and twisting sit ups. Fucking works wonders.

Have fun with your ruined abs

don't be an idiot

what the fuck...dude doesn't look like he roids but human beings were never intended to be this lean. clen?

Im the OP, no, do not listen to thats retarded. I do them for 6x10. Except they are really hard so at first i started out doing 3x10 with a 10lb plate and every week i would try to add another set until i got to 6. Then when you get 6 use a 25lb plate and start back at 3 sets and work up to 6 again. Then continue until you can do a 45lb pl8 for 6x10... boom .. you are welcome

nevermind read your post wrong thought you were saying 20-50 reps a set

This is true. Even holding a ten lbs weight directly behind your head absolutely kills.

If only do weighted planks, weighted russian twists, leg raises, and weighted crunches. Do this with your compound lifts and youll get great abs, assuming you're not a fat ass.

ffucking poser, that;'s zyzz, not you.

i hope this is bait