/fat/ Fatty General

Running out of fat wojaks edition

Last thread morbidly obese at Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3718141/Why-avocado-really-superfood-glowing-skin-strong-heart-experts-reveal-boost-health.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves.

>tfw i wrote this in the first /fat/
>tfw this sentence is my legacy

>60 lbs overweight
>pretty much all fat
>decide to get fit
>start slowly, mainly just running and bodyweight exercises
>go harder, now doing longer runs and lifting
>lose 30 lbs
>still 30 lbs overweight
>weight loss is stagnating
>still look like shit because I'm 30 fucking pounds overweight
>weight is creeping up
I thought the halfway point was when it got easier

I binged on salad. Kinda mad that I wasted my binge more than I binged. Going for a run tomorrow tomorrow to make up for it though. Well more like a slow shamble as I'm doing the couch to 5k as I'm just starting out.

eat less m8
don't count exercise as negative cal

>was 100 lbs heavier
>kept that for a while
>gained back 30lbs

I don't want to be like I was ever again. I cant let that happen. I have to find the motivation to be as strict as I was before but now I have a kid and a life. Fuck its so hard
I just bought a treadmill
No excuses guys
I will eat better
I will exercise
>i probably wont and go back to being a fatfuck :(

>>i probably wont and go back to being a fatfuck :(
if you do this you're a shitty dad

I have sinned and binge ate.

positive side I worked out and ate over 100g of protein today so at least some gains

>binge ate.
why dude?
that's really disappointing

chicken is delicious

It gets harder the less you weigh actually. just means you need to change up your diet and exercise AGAIN. rip. might mean your macros are off or etc.

my problem with being fat isn't over eating anymore.

it's making myself eat enough calories and nutrition for the day. I was doing good for the last two weeks.. but suddenly a few days ago I dont want to eat. dont want to work out. I don't want to sleep either. Just been cleaning but the lack of working out was making me feel shit. something just felt completely off the last few days

then today I woke up in a dirty sweat that i haven't kicked yet. (it's cold out but im sweating up a storm) I'm wondering if I'm just sick or if it's emotional again.

inb4 doctor or etc. (because I wont go) but I just wanted to whine desu.

I mean. at least it was chicken. did you count your nutrition for the day? maybe you just really needed the protein.

My Veeky Forums asf friend suggested if you feel the need to binge, just eat an entire head of lettuce or cabbage instead.

>bag of apples diet
When you want to binge, eat a bag of apples. Guaranteed you can't eat enough apples to get fat.

Yeah I needed protein but I overate.

>buy whole rotisserie chicken
>eat almost half of it

otherwise my calorie cutting for the last couple weeks/months has been okay

That's not too bad. Don't make a habit of it, but our traditional eating style was feast AND famine.

I'd buy regular chicken breasts next time. it's healthier. most rotisseries (if precooked) are crap.

Are you weighing your meat with a scale bbz?

Don't sweat it just try to be careful next time. if you feel like binging just drink 250ml of water first.

How about you do like 100 reverse situps real quick to compensate for it? :)

Just ate about 1000 calories over my deficit, which isnt too much over my TDEE. It was all clean, apples beans and wheat bread. Not together. You guys recommend subtracting that much from tomorrows calories or just pretending it didnt happen?

How long have you've u been at it?

Whats unhealthy about precooked rotisserie chickens? Grocery store I used to work at makes them really well, and ive always eaten them pretty guilt free.

Overall, about two years. Lost 60lbs, give or take a few, last year but quit lifting and dieting when uni started. I didnt put much back on and im back now to where I was but I have another 40lbs to go.

Just pretend it didn't happen. It's bad to get into the habit of subtracting the next day because you start to feel okay cheating because you can just take it off the next day.

Just work through it and make sure you feel like a fatass for cheating.

I'd say it probably doesn't matter much then. Skip a meal during the week and you'll be back on track.

>rotisserie chickens

some places add crap to it and you dont always know the crap that's added.

don't pretend it didn't happen bc that's how bad habits form. what i'd do is break up the calories you over ate for the rest of the week.

so instead of subtracting it all at once only subtract 250 over the next 4 days and make sure you're careful next time.

you might be over eating due to lack of protein (a guess due to the foods you listed)

btw only do this once, this one time. don't make a habit out of it.

This.

I've never been a huge fatass (only 15-25 lbs overweight), but cutting down to 150 lbs has always required tremendous effort on my part. I've only managed it like three times.

>lack of protein

Wouldnt be surprised, I need to find a more reliable source that isnt meat from the cafeteria or something which is really high in calories like peanut butter.

Ive never broken it up that way before, ill try it out this time.

Eat beans and you won't touch food for the rest of the day.

It can be really hard. if you need to take nuts or beans to the cafeteria i'd suggest it.

I normally suggest lifting and calisthenics to help with over eating but if you're not getting enough protein then you'll prob rekt yourself.

I (personally) try to get a generally even amount of carbs vs protein during the day.

he binge ate a fuck-ton of chicken which is basically the same thing to me.

Most binge eating is: lack of control
or: lack of nutrition

at least with lettuce/cabbage there's not calories and lots of water.

lbs overweight
it's called obese, user.

How do I track the butter I cook my eggs with?

also be careful with peanutbutter, because a lot of the regular peanutbutters have tons of additives and sugar.

you can end up over eating on your macros

I opt for organic/low sugar. but that can get pricey so I understand people using regular.

that's why you're better off just eating beans or unsalted nuts.

Not that user but im pretty sure he knows he's obese which is why he's here.

ty captain obv.

buy a cheap table spoon set at the dollar store and measure everything. and a food scale from department store, ebay or walmart. Use Myfitnesspal to track your intakes.

Is it me or do you really not realize how fat you were until you start losing weight?

I've lost 20 pounds and looking back at my current facebook profile picture, my head/face is fucking massive.

It's not perfect as is, but at least it's better than my Gringo George Lopez head from November.

same here.

I'm smaller than i was by 70-80lbs and I feel like a bigger whale than I did when i first started.

That feel when i was 10 kg over my weight limits 6 months ago. Joined a gym and went 3-4 times a week and once or twice per week running outside.

Per total lost 9kg, about 15cm from my abdominal area and managed not to loose any mucles while i lost fat. Even added about 6cm in my chest.

If there wasn't for the measurements and surpize reactions (omg user you lost so much weight) i would not realize that. I still see myself as a fat fuck and even though my confidence levels are way higher, deep down i still feel myself as a fatty.

Spring break binge over. So much good food, but I didn't even consider calories for a week.

Back to MFP, boys.

Aside from environmental costs are there any good reasons you're not using cooking oil spray instead?

You're not going to use a table spoon's worth of butter just to cook some eggs.

so you're supposed to cook the chicken and then weight it in as "grilled chicken" in MFP right?

>tfw

a tablespoon set isn't just a tablespoon.

depends on how you cook it. grill/bake/fry/deepfry/boil/etc all have different nutritional values and some not healthy as others.

if you don't mind sodium then that's about it really, just watch the fat, the fat can add up since it's a whole chicken and not just the breast

I don't eat them because i do low carb and that much sodium will skyrocket my water weight and mess with my weight ins

Anyway, to answer your question:

>acquire super accurate lab grade scale, or just a regular kitchen scale if you want
>scrape some butter onto baking paper
>weigh
>grease the pan
>weigh
>calculate the difference

what's the best way to hit macros at 1,200K calories / day? any super foods you guys can recommend?
my usual daily meals are
> bf: fruit: sometimes apples, watermelon or banana
> am snack: coffee
> lunch: 100g chicken breast and 1 cup of white rice
> pm snack: coffee OR fruit
> dinner: 100g of tuna or chicken breast 1/2 cup of white rice

I usually end the day around 1000 calories and 200 to spare. My work out is only cycling during the weekend for 4-6 hours 40-60KM.

Stats
> 175lbs from 190lbs
> 5'5 manlet

Calisthenic/caveman diets.

My diet is usually: oats, more veggies, eggs (limit 1-2 per day, watch your fats/cholesterol) nuts, chicken/tuna, rice, potatoes and less fruit, rice, peanut butter, other grains and beans

They also dont recommend it but I also use protein shakes with high protein low carb & low sugar.

when im feeling lazy and haven't hit my macros for the day half a cup of oats and a tablespoon of peanutbutter are my go to.

here's some superfoods I personally like:

kale
avocado
spinach
pumpkin

but yeah, you can search youtube for people who do calisthenics and their "what I eat in a day" video.

since you're doing cycling you probably need to carbo load the day before with fortified pasta as well (this is what my skele bf does)

forgot to mention i also love sweet potatoes and chickpeas/hummus but it doesnt matter what I LIKE lol.

oh and plain greek yogurt.

Thanks! will definitely look for some kale and spinach. Gonna start lifting once I hit 160lbs, so my workout will be cycling on weekends and lifting on weekdays.
I ride my bike on an empty stomach though, got this technique from my cycling coach in highschool. I'm not sure if its a meme or some shit. But the idea is, to teach your body to burn fat for energy or whatever the fuck

1 year since starting

post'em fat bois

How is avocado a 'superfood'?

dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3718141/Why-avocado-really-superfood-glowing-skin-strong-heart-experts-reveal-boost-health.html

I know, I know, daily mail. but. I'm too lazy to google and this outlines it pretty ok from the quick skim.

breh you'll make if you try

huh. You know that makes sense to me. I never thought about it that way. I usually protein load before a workout. maybe I'll try a week where I workout on an empty stomach to see if it works.

I eat kale and spinach by adding lemon juice with some kind of vinegar (I prefer jalapeno vinegar) Mustard (I prefer whole grain mustard) and pepper.

then sometimes I'll add extras like tomato, garlic, mushroom. you get the idea. :) but it's up to you. (just how i got myself to eat it at first but i can eat kale and spinach plain now because I'm weird)

Kek, I lost 40 pounds and now my acne is coming back. I reckon at 260 I was too fat for it to take hold effectively, fuck me

could be your current diet or it could just be the body products you're using. or it could be you're touching your face too much, or you're allergic to something.

really can't do much about it

> fat fuck
> Veeky Forums

pick one

>tfw im looking down i only get one fat chin instead of 3 chins
>tfw im going to make it

legit lol I ate an entire 5lb bag of apples once and threw up.

suuulttt

if dubs eat a bag of chips

i fucking lol'd

I can barely make myself eat one.

for what reason lol

rolling

hundo percent you need to eat more protein. Stack that shit 3 times a day. Protein keeps you full my dude.

cut my life into pieces

don't lol get a nonstick frying pan

i like to live dangerously

only 1 bag user....

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones

Noo. The service is awesome, I've been on it for a couple of years now. But it's much easier in a real web browser on your computer. Not the mobile app. Use that one only if you have to.

haha I actually started to notice when I started gaining muscle :P it pushed all my fat outward and I wanted to die

Yeah. Bag of homemade apple chips you fat fuck.

cooking oil or nothing lol stop adding butter to shit

please no

rolling for cheat meal in a week

is drinking milk instead of water every now and then a good idea? any other drinks you guys recommend instead of just water?

No.
lots of fat.

Water is pretty much a staple.

cool, thanks

ick 1200k is too little you will binge go up to like 1800k keep eating chicken and rice eat more protein for breakfast and work out do like body weight shit there's a bunch in the sticky.

Eating more protein will keep you sated for longer and you need to sub veggies in for some of that fruit. Fruit is high in sugar so you only need a piece or two a day.

tl;dr less fruit, more calories, protein in the am, bodyweight exercise.

water, coffee, tea

Don't fall for the sips propaganda

Why would you do that. Lots of calories. Drink that same glass of milk in small amounts over 10 cups of coffee, and it'll suppress your appetite

if you're having like 8oz sparingly but i dont recommend dairy when you're cutting.

what is sips?

How long do I have to live if this is all I eat in a day?

I think you replied to the wrong person.

you're going to get mad hungry.

I'd add varieties of rice, potatoes and oats as well.

as well as more nuts and beans.

otherwise everything else you listed is ok (ish) make sure you're taking a multi vitamin bbz

You're being too extreme. When you start getting cramps everywhere, stop that shit.
>raw egg, white
Hello salmonella.

also to stem off what i said I'd also add a fruit and maybe a tablespoon of peanutbutter because you need sugar to function. if you dont eat properly you could start having seizures.

(this is coming from someone who did what you did and now I get seizures if I dont eat regularly)

Use cooking spray. Or just use a tablespoon measurement you mong.

>raw
Do the amount of calories in food change when you apply heat to them or something? wtf

I've been doing that for three weeks so far, and the feeling of hunger makes me happy like stuffing my face with hamburgers used to.

So far no negative consequences, but I suspect something will go wrong soon enough, just wondering how to minimize that risk.

Listed raw because I doubt anything changes significantly if you cook it, and it was the first one on the list
Thanks user, will do.

I'm not questioning your pick, I'm just wondering why the distinction exists to begin with.

yeah I'd say I hit about 2 months before seizures. make sure you're monitoring your blood pressure and blood sugar levels so that doesnt happen to you.

when you go back to eating regular calories what's going to happen is you're going to balloon up all over again. so my best advice is to work yourself up to 1200cal (at least) and slowly.

Even if I work up to a regular calorie intake very slowly after a few months?

I tried doing it like a sane person before (1400kcal) but I couldn't maintain it because of how slow the progress was.The feeling of hunger and the numbers getting lower every day satisfy me like nothing else, so I just don't slip up at all. I imagine it's either this or staying fat forever, no willpower.

Probably because food loses water when you cook it, and people can weigh it either before or after.

if it's slow you should be ok. my suggest is (and I suffer from feeling better if im either really bloated or really hungry)

is do HIIT and focus the need for pain into that instead. or find someone who will have sex with you that helps. im personally celibate atm so i just do HIIT until my body is jelly. way more satisfying than hunger after the first week, desu.

>do some exercises a week ago
>Knee suddenly sounded weird and stopped doing exercises
>luckily still losing weight
>Knee hurt and felt weird yesterday night that i was up late and it was cold and humid.
Fuck did i fuck up my knees