Any other Veeky Forums bros with anxiety?

Any other Veeky Forums bros with anxiety?

I was just diagnosed and given a low-dose of prozac.

I have generalized anxiety and extreme health anxiety. When it starts to act up, I'll convince myself that I am having heart problems or a brain tumor, then sit on the computer and google all the various symptoms. I'm not sure how to stop it.

I have heard meditation is very good for anxiety, but I'm not really sure how to do it. Just close my eyes and breathe? Anyone have tips or experience?

Mental Veeky Forumsness thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wirV265ZYSw
youtube.com/watch?v=fXmG1x1ih1U
youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c&spfreload=1
youtube.com/watch?v=D8oKWQiEWYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i have anxiety and acid reflux

switching gyms today made me fuckin vomit cause i get stressed

the fuck do i do

pls help

it gets better but if shit goes bad like when i got into a fight earlier this week i get fucked up

My advice is don't take the prozac. Shit is nonsense

What should I do instead?

Visit a doctor if it will make you feel better.

Also try relaxation exercises once or twice a day for at least 15 minutes. It will help you concentrate, clear your mind, and plan for the day.

Years ago these threads would be deleted.

>I'm not sure how to stop it.
Find another way to feel. Doing something productive with other people usually works.

fuckin doctors encouraging this shit

I used to take really high doses of zoloft and lexapro. When I would get anxiety attacks it felt like my skin, especially my back, was crawling with ants and I would peel skin off with my nails.

Saw a psychologist but that didn't really help. My doctor said it was allergies (which it fucking wasn't). I think time helped a lot of it since I don't need the medication anymore but I also tried meditation and that may or may not have worked.

I use the Calm app but idk if there are better ones out there. They have some free guided meditations on there with some nice nature soundtracks.

Meditation

youtube.com/watch?v=wirV265ZYSw
youtube.com/watch?v=fXmG1x1ih1U

All this guys videos are great for self development, would recommend checking him out more.

I am the same
Prone to panic attacks over the slightest distortion of my health, or sense of 'wellbeing', ESPECIALLY if I dont know what it is, or whats causing it.

Once woke up from a night of particularly heavy'ish drinking (more than I normally would),
and had a sort of dull ache in my chest/sternum. Was absolutely convinced that I was having heart problems, heart attack, whatever. Had a legit full day long panic attack.

But yeah. The only way I make it through episodes like that, is to FORCE myself to ACCEPT, that TIME WILL MOVE FORWARD, no matter what I do, or how I feel. Time moving forward will mean that EVENTUALLY YOU WILL NOT FEEL LIKE THIS. Force yourself to realize, that ALL it is, is chemicals reacting in your brain a certain way. You will reach a place of homeostasis eventually. For me, it honestly took about a little more than a year. Force yourself to accept, that YOU WILL MOVE FORWARD from this and come out of it, however long it takes, and again reach a new baseline of how you feel.

People that do not experience anxiety, or depression, or panic disorders, or whatever, will simply NEVER understand how it actually feels; and not only how it feels, but how it genuinely affects your thoughts.

You are gunna make it, I promise. If I can make it, anyone can.

Wow, dude, thank you. I don't know you, but I really needed to hear this. I get so caught up in my wellbeing, like you, and any sensation in my chest feels like a heart attack about to come on, any tingling in my hands feels like a seizure about to destroy me. Knowing that I am not alone in this feeling helps.

I'll heed your words. Thank you

SSRIs are godsend to people with serious mental health problems. If Prozac isn't right for you, don't lose faith on meds since there's a load of different ones you haven't yet tried. Best advice I could give is to treat your mental illness as a real problem that might take time and work to get sorted out. Don't pay attention to the ones with the big pharma boogieman arguments. Just because some people haven't had success on SSRIs doesn't mean that they can't be helpful to others.

SSRI Might work for you. They do for millions of others.

They did for me for a time when I was depressed. But for pure anxiety they didn't. Definitely give them a run and see how you come out.

Worst comes to worst try beta blockers they were very good for me, but they don't deal with the psychological reasons that you have.

Keep active and take baby steps. Keep track of what you achieve and Always reward yourself!

There are loads of us out there that have made it out of anxiety, well more accurate, that cope better. 5 years ago I never left the house. 3 Years ago I started in the gym and now today I am a youth worker. You can make it brah.

I got you homie
I'm generalized anxiety with attention deficit and that low key ptsd

My life use to be shit teir back when I was basically a phycologist vagrant. I've taken every medication under the god damn sun and none of them ever really made me feel fantastic because you can't really expect that out of medication.

I have found that basically the best thing you can do for yourself is do as much reserch as you can into this shit. There are a ton of resources be it books or youtube and not everything works its all trial and error bullshit. It's all you my dude you gotta work at it.

and here comes the faggy bullshit part but honestly it's more about self care than defeating the beast. I have found a lot of my shit stems from me just not knowing when to care for my own needs and when you leave a lot of needs untended your life gets hectic and you feel out of control and thats anxiety.

Be a sikkunt, not a sadkunt

-t former medicated anxiety sufferer

ex ocd sufferer here with extreme panic attacks because of it..... relax dude nothing is going to happen....
protip to overcome anxiety, whatever makes you anxious keep thinking of it-force yourself to think about it....if you have any pattern that you do to make you feel better ,stop doing it ....force yourself to feel anxious...whats the worst that can happen? you are not going to die from this at least

He looks mentally ill.

Used to have really bad anxiety. Multiple panic attacks per day. Was on 6mg xanax per day, for 7 years. One day i just said "no" and simply stopped caring. It was really, really easy.

i used to have horrible anxiety to a point where i was afraid to go out of the house. not sure what helped exactly, maybe the time. just realise that there are 7 billion people on this planet and no one gives a shit about you. you also gonna be dying in a bed at some point, and thinking back, how you were afraid about things will just make you mad. also if youre lonely and isolated just get off Veeky Forums, being in an echo chamber with already mentally ill faggots who dont want to do anything to help themselves so they try to bring everyone else down is bad for your health

thats fucking bullshit im saying this both as a pharmacist and as someone who also took xanax for anxiety. after years of 6mg cold turkey would give you a fucking seizure after unconsciously yelling for hours

You should take Xanax or klonopins for anxiety or any other benzos instead SSRIs... Jesus your doctor is a retard.

Also I used to have constant panic attacks in the night time and luckily stopped. That medication will do more harm than good. Use it only as a temporary solution and not a permanent one. You really don't want to be dependent on benzos, because of the horrid withdrawals. Find some non pharmectucial way of dealing with your anxiety which will help you a lot. Dnot worry though, OP. It's very common for a lot of men though go though these sorts of problems. Just know that it does eventually get better and easier to deal with.

yup, i feel you OP going throught he same shit

>mood swings
>constant feel of doom
>fear
>stress for no reason
>bad thoughts about certain events
>depersonalisation/derealisation
>visualsnow

and fucking thoughts, this is the only thing that drives me crazy. I keep overthinking things even though i want to stop thinking about it my brain just keeps thinking about it everytime. it's like i'm going crazy, just hang in there as you see you're not the only one with it.

What i can say from my experience is that you have to keep staying busy, workout, watch tv, read something play vidya idk just do something that distracts you. If you don't do something that disctracts your brain it will keep going.

its a lot more complicated. some ssri's has anti-anxiety effects and in some countries its really fucking hard to get a prescription for any benzo unless youre a grandma

i have health anxiety daily, i keep thinking im going to have a heart attack or i keep feeling pains in my chest all the time, especially at night when trying to sleep, normally i would say it's all in my head but i did a lot of cocaine from 18-30 so i'm convinced ive done damage to myself, not sure how i can prove it though :( i don't want to take medication to help me but it's looking like the only route

weed

Get a piece of paper. Every time you have a health related anxiety attack, write down the details on a single line. Then once the anxiety passes, make some indication on the line that the problem went away and nothing went wrong in the end (put a check mark, draw a smiley face, cross out the line). If you repeat this for every anxiety attack you have, you'll eventually fill the page up completely. Then on your next anxiety attack, you can just reference the paper and look back on all the times you thought your anxiety was going to be a problem when in fact everything turned out alright. It might calm you down seeing proof that you've experienced a certain anxiety before, and could make the anxiety go away

Not a doctor and don't have anxiety. But if I did, this would be something I would do to try to help myself

I do, health and death anxiety.
Goes away when you realise you need to accept whatever comes your way.
Others have summed up nicely

Oh, and don't its an easy way out that fucks with your dopamine and serotonin reward systems, and will get back at you eventually.

this , MEDITATE .
dont like that guy ther are tons of guided meditations on jewtube . i like the monks and kabat zinn
youtube.com/watch?v=kaNO09cPS6c&spfreload=1

youtube.com/watch?v=D8oKWQiEWYs

or get the headspace app its free , 10 guided meditations . its not bullshit , it helps . good luck user.

Pretty much let the feelings come and then decide to do something else. It is hard but eventually you will "rewire" your brain.

This is cognitive beharioural therapy.