Does the wee Irishman have a chance against mayweather? I feel like he's going to get killed

Does the wee Irishman have a chance against mayweather? I feel like he's going to get killed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Rjab8fanzHc
youtube.com/watch?v=orYBdp5ljS0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Back in the early days of america there were two people you didn't want to fight in a dark alleyway.
A nigger or a potato-nigger.
There's a reason for that.

I want to see this match.

i'm betting the house on mcgregor.

traditional boxing cucks think 40y/o pillowhands is going to just dodge and weave everything. mcgregor is bigger, longer, younger, faster, and has shown the ability to completely shut the lights off when he lands.

mayweather will be the favorite. BET BIG ON THE GINGER.

you'll lose everything. Mcgregor wont even land a single punch

what if the fight is rigged so that conor wins it?

boxing is dying anyway. if floyd wins it might keep it on life support for couple of more years because of youth intake because of the win

The only problem to your statement is you forgot about the stance. There is no kicking in boxing and mcgregor isn't going to be used to that. The stance says everything and he probably will be in his usual stance than in a boxing stance.

in a boxing match , Floyd would won but in a straight up fight McGregor would kill him

I know nothing about boxing or MMA but I feel like Floyd is going to fight a boring, defensive style like he did against Pac, win on points and collect his pay cheque. Then McGregor will sperg out and kill himself.

mayweather won't be used to such a stance either.

and mcgregor was an ammy boxer before mma. he can revert back to a more traditional boxing stance if needed but i suspect he's simply more comfortable in his current tkd-esque stance.

A lot of pro football players use to play basketball in highschool, doesn't mean they can beat lebron in a 1v1.

>Then McGregor will sperg out and kill himself

Nah. If McGregor loses this, he still gets paid. Chances are he could call out Mayweather to fight him in an MMA match which of course Mayweather would refuse. His fans are going to jump on his dick and call Mayweather a pussy.

Whether he wins or loses doesn't matter, he benefits from it either way.

No Mayweather will win on points.
If you are talking about their possible boxing match that is.

Floyd fought 2Pac?

>MMA
Conor wipes the floor with Floyd, most likely in the first round. McGregor has show he knows distance incredibly well, and would abuse it. Glove weight might add some serious whip to his punches and Floyd could get lucky and crack him.

>Boxing
As much shit as people talk, Floyd is a rare talent, but a confirmed pillow hands.
I think it goes to decision and Floyd obviously wins. Other than that Connor might land a few(and I mean few) good hits and put his lights out.

your argument is that "stance says everything." my counter-argument is that mcgregor can be very comfortable in a more traditional boxing stance. i reference his ammy boxing career as evidence that he is likely very comfortable in a traditional boxing stance. you reply with autism.

you realize that his tkd stance is mma centric, right? you eliminate the threat of leg kicks and wrestling/grappling and he can be a lot freer with his hands.

What are you talking about all they'd need to do is just keep backing him down into the paint and either dunking or layups all day. Sure he might try to do some jackass footwork but it should be a stale mate.

yeah that fight changed boxing forever and that's just the way it is, things will never be the same.

Yea and biggie too

McGregor will probably lose, but he's more talented than Mayweather ever was.

If he had more boxing experience, he'd probably win

No, he fought some flip with a name I can't spell so I just wrote the first 3 letters

It depends. Mcgregor won't win a straight boxing match but if they met in the middle and had it he kick boxing he'd win.

Mayweather would tap to the second low-kick. It'll be straight boxing if this happens. There is absolutely no way it happens otherwise.

Fuck floyd, but I don't see him losing in a boxing match to mcgregor

I agree. They say Mayweather does boxing like chess but Connor has a few times now done a full schoolboy error checkmate.

It will be a good fight. While Conor has fought against bigger guys like Diaz. Mayweather fought Canelo and countered his one hitter quitter. I'm betting on Mayweather, he will dig deep since he has everything to lose, while Conor can say "if it was an MMA match I would've won".

>a potato-nigger

Kek

Mayweather is going to murder him

luckily McGregor has deniability

>mayweather
>not talented
you're ignorant

>As much shit as people talk, Floyd is a rare talent, but a confirmed pillow hands.
>I think it goes to decision and Floyd obviously wins. Other than that Connor might land a few(and I mean few) good hits and put his lights out.
My take on it as well - and I hope McGregor does just that because, as much as I dislike him for moronic shit talking, he's far less boring of a fighter. I'd even put up the the new heights of bullshit spouting that would inevitably follow.

Would love to see a (T)KO only match for similar reasons, that'd force Mayweather to not just slip, weave, bob and clinch his way to a win on points.

mcgregor definitely has a better chance at winning a boxing match than mayweather has at winning an mma match. however, 100% it goes to mayweather if it goes to decision. he's paid off judges before, and with 100M and his perfect record on the line i'm sure he wouldnt care about tipping things in his favor once more

Conor is not aiming to win a boxing match against Mayweather.

His all play is to make it happen and bank that sweet $100m show money.

Neither guy has 0.1% chance to beat the other guy in his own game.

When's the fight?

Mayweather's an elite boxer, even if people don't want to admit it. In a boxing match he's gonna win

MMA though, the potato nigger has it.

tmobile arena set aside june 10th according to speculation

im betting 200 that mcgreggor ko's mayweather the odds are some rediculous -2000 mcgreggor or something ill see u guys when im rich

>potato-nigger
I'm eastern european, but would laugh even if i were an irishman.

i'm an irishman in the most irish part of the US, and we call each other that for giggles. hell, when my black friends crack on me thats what they usually go for.

I'm tempted to do something similar.

If people say mayweather is shit that's how you know that they know absolutely nothing about boxing

Mayweather is one of the best if not the best technical boxers.
The fight will go Mcgregor trying to aggro mode and Mayweather in defense mode and picking his shots. Mayweather will win by points, there won't be any knockout.

I'm also kind of believing that Mayweather is just doing show fights to puff up his record before he retires. I think he has only 1 or 2 fights left to have the WR.

Have a (You)

>casuals actually think that mcgregor only needs to land one punch
>casuals actually believe that mcgegor is faster/more accurate than floyd
its like people forget floyd schooled canelo(who hits way way harder than conor) and beat pac (who has way way faster hands then conor). If the fight goes down, its going to be an ass beating on mcregor that the ref might end it just to avod conor getting brain damage

Conor wins, deal with it.

>wee Irishman
isn't Mayweather prettty much the same heigh as him?

Literally everyone is saying that if he doesn't KO mayweather within the first 3 rounds he's gonna get fucked by decision. But that's what makes it interesting.

Imagine if Conor knocked out Floyd, then went back to the UFC and defended the lightweight title once, and then moved up to welterweight and won that belt too...He's attempting to go down as the greatest combat sports athlete of all time.

/heem/fag here - If it lasts more than 2 rounds(almost certainly will) Condor will gas and gets btfo.

I doubt he's gonna catch Mayweather in the first two, he's just too fast.

>implying conor couldn't pace himself for a full 12

Lol you are an idiot.

This whole thing is a big joke

Conor "hey Mayweather! Sorry for the thrash talk but dude, we could make SO much money fighting each other, wanna try to set something up?"

Mayweather "We would make so much cash indeed...I'm in"

Conor "cool! You're obviously gonna win but whatever. Any random UFC fighter could land a lucky punch and take my title and I'm not getting any younger so... better to make 50millions right now while I can"

Mayweather "Gotta get paid my nigga. Fucking normies would order a pay-per-view of cock fighting if you hyped it enough"

tl;dr: don't waste your hard-earned money on this fight

You're a 194'er or a 196'er?

>hard earned money
I'm making 1-2k a week for 3 hours of work

t. never played basketball

Good for you, what do you do?

>i'm an irishman in the most irish part of the US
FALSE
youtu.be/Rjab8fanzHc

you anti-mcgregor faggots are absolutely hysterical. he has an argument for going down in the top 5 this sport has ever seen and you're still here hating.

and no, i'm not new to the sport. i've been involved in martial arts since i was a kid and started off watching pride.

you don't think mcgregor can pace himself for 12 rounds against a defensive fighter like mayweather? if not then you're retarded.

Sales, really laid back and I make my own hours. Only required hours are meetings.

>sales

drugs innit?

Lol no, high quality kitchen stuff.

kek

vector marketing, is that you?

Hehe

Condor hasn't gone through 3 or 5 rounds where he didn't look gassed after first 9 minutes, not a single fuckin bout. Fuckin hell, he's only gone the distance twice in his career and all of you motherfuckers keep saying it's super fuckin easy to condition yourself to 12 rounds of standup and all of you don't have a fucking clue in what ways conditioning differs between MMA and trad.boxing. He's gonna get smoked, there's no way around it. Feel free to screencap.

on a side note, i'm sure y'all saw Diaz I right?

>fights a competitive first round against no camp Diaz (the first man of similar weight to Conor that he's ever fought) and then gasses, gets rocked, almost TKOd, and gets submitted in the second round.

Diaz II

>fights Nate again and Nathan purposefully falls to the floor a few times to bait Conor into grappling but it doesn't work so he beats gassed Conor up for the rest of the fight and loses anyway.

If you're telling me Conor wasn't gassed after first 2 rounds, you are delusional and I genuinely feel sad for you. With Floyd "The Boring Pillowfist" in the equation, we are looking for at least 8 or so rounds of stand up, and I simply cannot see Conor lasting that long.

Biggest farce in Boxing history

Undisputed best pound-for-pound fighter of the past decade vs an amateur with no Pro-Boxing experience whatsoever

McGregor won't get near him and will get boxed to pieces

Can someone explain to me how boxing and UFC work?

Is there a point system to the judge's decision (e.g., like sparring, where a touch to the head and to the body counts for a point) or is it subjective opinion based on "how well the guy fought" ? How do they avoid being subjective? What is the general criteria for being a "good boxer?"

I realize obviously natural talent and intuition will trump point grubbing almost every time, but i'm curious as to what kind of point grubbing goes on.

A UFC ruleset would also be interesting.

they both walk around at 170. I hate how they painted Diaz out to be a big 170'r when he fights at 155

where can i bet on this shit?

90% chance mayweather wins on points while connor seems to have fun

10% chance conno lands a left on the 40 year olds chin and knocks him flat and the world goes fucking nuts.

this is mystic mac we are talking about so ill wait until he tells us what will happen and i will bet on that

dubs and i put 1000 on mcgregor knocking out mayweather

two words - volume & precision

Has this actually been scheduled?

fucking lol

When is it too old to start MMA?

I was a high school wrestler, top of the fucking class, I was also in judo. Wanted to go Olympic(for both maybe but primarily judo) , but I turned 22 and got addicted to cocaine and heroine.

I've been sober for 4 years, I'm 27 now and I want to pick up martial arts again. I primarily do stretching/meditating/cardio garbage but I'm 6'2 and 200 pounds.

Experience in kickboxing, boxing, and masters level in wrestling and judo.

What u waiting for just go amateur and if u win all ur fights u go pro

Its not too late if youre dedicated

Mayweather is gonna run circles around him

In pure boxing? Mayweather mercs him. It would be a different story under MMA rules.

you're completely delusional, 90% of the time this fight ends in mayweather outpointing mcgregor every single round, 5% mayweather knocks mcgregor out, 5% mcgregor knocks mayweather out

betting on anyone other than the 49-0 professional boxer is completely nonsensical

Each would beat the other easily within the rules of their respective sport. Mayweather would win a boxing match, McGregor would win a MMA match.

I have no idea what, if anything, has actually been agreed to for this, but knowing the above, and knowing how Mayweather is, this will be a very strict boxing match and McGregor will lose by decision.

>bigger guys like Diaz
you know they fight in the same weightclass right and were withing like 10 pounds of eachother when they were in the octagon? the biggest person mcgregor has fought is alvarez who walks around 185-190, not diaz

I don't see this going to points at all. I see this going the exact way the Mayweather v Gatti fight went. His hands weren't pillows in that fight and McGregor is not as skilled of a boxer as Arturo Gatti.
youtube.com/watch?v=orYBdp5ljS0

that being said I hope McGregor throws a head kick knockout as soon as the bell rings, cashes the checks, and then retires from both sports forever.

If Conor wins I will never, ever stop laughing. The butthurt will be supreme.

guaranteed floyd bitches for months and beats his gf again to vent. i'd be so happy if he ended up blowing his brains out

I mean he might, it's not completely ruled out that a freak occurance like a powerleft to the jaw might happen.

He is going to get lightly tapped for ten rounds. It will be boring and the real winners will be the Jews that take all of us for millions. Conor should be defending his goddamn title vs Ferguson.

>Veeky Forums in charge of /sp/ discussion

kek

Mayweather is a total faggot and a coward but he's the best defensive boxer in the sport's history and the strongest fighter, his influence outside of the ring is probably the best too with intel and politics like no other. It's a guaranteed win for Mayweather.

A MMA fight or a street fight, McGregor would win easily.

I absolutely hate Mayweather and would wish for McGregor to win but the purpose of this fight is for both fighters to make a big payday.

Boxing is dead. The recent GGG even was garbage too.

Mayweather is going to run like a bitch the entire time and tire McGregor out

I'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

BET BIG ON THE GINGER

>actually betting money on boxing

ISHYGDDT

>wee Irishmen
>Has 3" & 30lbs on Mayweather

Right bre.

>Mayweather knocking out mcgregor

Mayweather hits like a bitch dude.

Aka Mcgregor would beat the living shit out of him and Mayweather is a illiterate wifebeater who's good at playing a game.

Has like 5 inches on him dude.

The lack of MMA knowledge in this thread scares the living shit out of me.

>There is no kicking in boxing
it's pretty retarded they chose one of their martial arts. make them fight by silat rules or some shit like that. that would be more interesting.

As an irish-catholic from Southie, this made me chuckle.

No, he fought X-Pac

>Mayweather is a total faggot and a coward but he's the best defensive boxer in the sport's history and the strongest fighter, his influence outside of the ring is probably the best too with intel and politics like no other. It's a guaranteed win for Mayweather.
In the manlet divisions*

There is a points system but it's also pretty much subjective opinion. That's how come you can bribe judges.

For example, while I don't bugrudge Haye his win against Valuev, I do feel that Valuev lost because the judges felt he had an incredible natural advantage but didn't come out clearly ahead.

Boxing just doesn't have the star power anymore. Even Mayweather is chump change compared to past top fighters like Tyson and Holyfield in the sense of getting eyes on the fights. Nobody gives a fuck about Mayweather except people who are already boxing fans, and he doesn't draw new eyes in very well, despite being the sport's biggest star. People are vaguely aware of who he is, but they don't care.

The best comparison I could make is if Mayweather is John Cena, Tyson was Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Like that time Canelo used his size and strength to overpower Floyd to a victory