Bouldering

Anybody do this? Looks like it could be fun.

>superb grip strength
>superb upper body strength and definition
>you get opportunities to climb without a shirt occasionally
>you can show off your body and skill to lots of cute climber girls
>when they're climbing you can check out their butts from below
>you can go bouldering outside, too

yeah it's okay

>Much static strength which promotes lean thin muscles.
>Body size is a handicap due to weight
>Stabilizing musculature which isnt visible is key.
>Endurance centered. Your gym body is basically useless if you are a beginner.

>expensive as hell
>weakens you on gym day

yeah i'll pass

Is it normally expensive? it's like 200 dollars for 3 months here.

>expensive as hell

not where I live, and not where my friends live either. find a better climbing gym.

>weakens you on gym day

check your testosterone brah

>expensive as hell
You're getting scamed, bro

Also howpoor.ru

Nigger it is gym day. They have training areas with weights or all types of equipment to exhaust you fully before you leave. Climbing just focus on upper body more than anything. You make goat forearm and back gains.

>weakens you on gym day

How does it feel to be this much DYEL?

It's breddy fun desu. But not as a core interest/ hobby, because I suck.
Manlets excell, while lanklets will have a harder time due to unfavorable leverage effects (which can be compensated with proper technique).
You have to wear special, tight shoes that allow ur feet to find hold at the wall - it's unconfortable and will turn your feet into a south-east asian swamp conservation area, in like no time.
Give it a try, the more experienced climbers are beasts so it's a good full body workout. Also, there are usally a lot of qts to ogle at.

>while lanklets will have a harder time due to unfavorable leverage effects (which can be compensated with proper technique)

my 7' wingspan helps too

75/mo for my gym, which is fairly large and has tons of free classes plus a decent weight room. I don't know where this guy's going.

>expensive as hell

The gym I go to is $6/visit and I go for ~3 hours each time 1/wk.

So for

(3 hr x (1 x 4 wk) mth) = 12 hrs/month,
I pay ($6 x (1 x 4 wk) mth) = $24/mth.
Or ($6 / 3hr) = $2/hr

I'd say that's pretty cheap, user.

Jesus christ, my college gym is $250/year and it has everything you could want including a pool and a rock wall.

What bf% and how many pullups should I be at before I even attempt this?
Also how old is too old to start?

Idk exactly about the bf and pullups but you can still go and climb regular (top rope) until you're strong enough for bouldering

There's no 'too old' as long as you have enough strength to beley and aren't gonna get a heart attack from cardio. and if your gym has auto-beley you don't even need that.

Ive seen kids and old people do impressive routes so i wouldnt worry too much about that. Im a recovering fatty that can do about 6 proper pullups and i manage to do the harder routes too if i have a good plan for my movement. Although i would say that the routes with a lot of overhang are harder for us fatties.

Anyways id say just give it a try. Usually they let you rent shoes or climb barefoot so its not like theres a huge investment cost.

I will use my envy to fuel my lifts now.

The climbing gym I go to is cheaper than all the conventional gyms nearby and still has barbells and squat racks. I actually save $20/month by going to a climbing gym

It's pretty fun. My wife is very into it and I can roll with some of the more experienced climbers. They're all otter mode but have very little strength. Good place to meet chicks, very chill community

sleep snug smug

Alright so I use to boulder a lot in Colorado got to meet a lot of pros, one of my friends actually became a pro.

Bouldering is tits for fun, especially in a gym because they have something for everyone. Also it's crazy to see how little you can hold onto while holding your bw up. Outdoors is also the cats pajamas a because you get to hike to spots most people will never even see in their lives plus it's a bonus workout via hiking/climbing.

Didn't have to pay for my gym membership because I volunteered at the local one so I just got to help set new routes and clean up the place. Although there was some nice gyms that did cost a little more but I don't remember it being anywhere near what you guys are talking.

you dont climb often do you.

At my gym I've seen basically every age and body type except obese.

I've climbed with a couple girls who can't do a single unassisted pull up that climb better than me. I rely heavily on my upper body strength, but you don't need as much if you have good technique.

Fun and best forearm workout by far
I'd do it more often if it wasn't such an injury risk and expensive

If you already have a good level of strength from lifting, don't just blast through problems because your arms are strong enough. It's pretty much a guarantee you will fuck your shit up. Your fingers and various ligaments and tendons need a lot of time to adjust. I found this out the hard way.

That being said, it's incredibly fun. Also, warm up.

Explain how I'm wrong.

this x 1000000000. went for the first time several months ago, powered through everything with my upper body strength from lifting. completed things I didn't think would be possible my first time doing it.

afterwards both of my elbows hurt...bad. my forearms, shoulders were sore, but my elbows hurt for weeks after that. turns out I had slight tennis elbow when I went, and full blown after bouldering. an MRI last month shows I have slight tearing in my right elbow tendon...no need for surgery yet, but I can't lift anything upper body for a while.

it was fun, but do it smart and don't try to go all out. warm up and stretch.

There are very simple techniques to not fucking your shit up that you should've searched for on YouTube before doing something physical you've never done before.