I'm starting accutane next week, pill me on this stuff

I'm starting accutane next week, pill me on this stuff

Somebody told me to request 20mg instead of 40mg because it works just as good

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don't drink alcohol or do drugs while on it. I fucked up my nose snorting cocaine while on it and almost killed my kidneys drinking alcohol.

40mg is fucking nuts
i can guarantee you, you will jump off a bridge within a week with such a dosage.

i'd recommend starting with 10mg, and increase it to max. 20.

what kind of retard gives you suicidal advice like that

it messes with your joints, be careful lifting heavy

Be careful taking that shit. Your bones get more brittle, your skin will dry out, and anything that strains your liver or kidneys could kill you. On top of that you're going to get symptoms of depression most likely (I did). It goes away after you stop taking it so keep in mind that it's changing your mood when taking it.

40mg is fine. You're supposed to take 1mg per kg of body weight, but start with 40mg for two months first.

I take 20mg per day. The only side effects I have experienced are dry skin and lips (which has caused rashes in the past because I didn't use cremes or lotions) and I don't experience my hair getting greasy anymore, even if I don't shower for multiple days.

Never had aching joints, never had problems with my liver or kidneys (according to tests) even after drinking on 2 occasions in a single month and I also haven't experienced depression, at least not more than usual.

I am currently on accutane. Im half way through month 3.

Your doctor will prescribe you the mg based on your weight and severity.

You will be asked to take monthly blood tests for 3 to 4 months of the treatment. They should have already made you take one or two preliminary tests to make sure your liver wasn't going to fuck you right out the gate.

I'm a 5'6" 24/F 140lbs. Ive had moderate cystic acne since puberty. My derm started me on 40mg for the first 2 months. When my blood tests came back fine she bumped it up to 60mg.

Side effects
>dry skin/lips/nose bleeds
lip balm, cetaphil, and vaseline
>dry hair
leave in conditioner
>achy joints
Ibuprofen and braces/wraps

Luckly I didnt experience depressive symptoms, but I've heard good things from people who took some St.johns wart for mild depressive states. If it goes beyond that then talk to your doc.

Most symptoms do dissipate after 2 to 3 months. The only thing I'm dealing with now is dry skin/lips.

They start you low to get an idea of how your body is going to handle it. Then gradually bump you higher too a good spot. You want to get to that good spot. Unfortunately you can't really coast on low. People who took lower doses during treatment had a higher chance of getting acne again later on. As long as you talk to your doctor about ANY symptoms and do your blood work you will be fine. Don't take vitamin A, try to limit drinking.

I took 80mg for about 5 months and I didn't feel more depressed than I usually do. Even with the accutane I was still going to the gym about 3 times a week and it didn't feel that bad. I mean my gains weren't great but I didn't lose any strength. As far as joint pain, it was pretty manageable. Worst thing I got was super chapped lips, flakey skin and my nose bled a little. You'll probably be fine on 20mg.

I took 80mg and during the later months my nose was stuck with blood also my gains were pretty weak. Avoid getting ill, I had a virus and was the most ill I've ever been, passing out shortening of breath. The joint pain is bs

my body acne is bad, but im afraid to take this.

It works, but by now you already know that.
I never experienced any negative mental effects however i was constantly dehydrated to the point where lifting hurt my joints at times. I was 20 when i took it and at most i was at 120mg a day.

and also this. took ecstasy at a rave last year and pissed the darkest brown I had ever seen. not worth.

Have someone you're very cose to be your "spotter." I failed a suicide attempt while on it and a week after I came off I was fine with no more craziness. Have them watch for: mood swings, depression, suicidal ideations, lack of interest in favorite xyz, lack of sex drive. The stuff works wonders for permanently reducing your acne, but please please please be careful brother.

is booze really that bad to drink while on it? I'm starting soon

Got rid of my acne pretty well. I still have it on my chest and back, a little on may face. Still nowhere near as bad as it was though.

Also it made me depressed until I stopped using it.

Yeah I was at 40 then got bumped up to 80 after two months it's not that bad man

Acne ruined my self esteem during high school. I had pretty moderate acne, basically id always have acne on my face until I took accutane. It took about a month or two before I noticed results. Sad thing was I didn't get to enjoy the results as much because the acne I used to get would leave behind red marks, some lasted over a year.

Fuck acne. Fucking kill that shit with accutane anons.

>I know better than a board-certified dermatologist

Nice bro science, faggot. I was taking 80mg a day towards the end of my course and I was fine.

Accutane was one of the best things to ever happen to me. Was never depressed on it, felt normal if not even happier. Had chapped lips and my skin was dry and sensitive on my face but nothing out of control. Worked perfect and have not had a pimple since.

Oh forgot to mention my face was like tomato red for a few months. Idk how long it took to get back to normal maybe at least a year, it gradually went down.

Accutane has come a long way from what it used to be like. Which is why they have to dosing procedures and mandatory blood testing now. Talk to your doc about it and see whats up.

No, not really. Just dont binge drink. A couple beers or whatever isnt going to hurt you.

Its a Isotretinoin (related to Vitamin A)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin

All of the shit we have been discussing is on the wiki.

Also if you have bad acne scars you can get a topical scar cream or retinol from your doc. For bad scars you might have to derma roll or get micro- dermabrasion though.

If you have problems with redness then you need to find a calming lotion and stop exfoliating (physical and chemical). Use a gentle face soap too. The redness should get better.

Don't drink, sleep with chap stick on

Almost went on it until I found out about the side-effects. Went on creams + antibiotics instead.

Vaseline is dirty cheap and a life saver for dry skin, but most people avoid it because they think it will clog their pores (which it most likely won't).

A good hydrating moisturizer with a film of vaseline on top to seal in all the moisture will do wonders for dry, flaky skin.

i will thanks bro

Dont take any supplement or vitamin that has vitamin A

Vitamin A overdose has been associated with development of bowel diseases like cealiacs.
I know someone this happened to
it sucks hard