They say you should give a friendly smile when you make eye contact with a woman. Well, do you?

They say you should give a friendly smile when you make eye contact with a woman. Well, do you?

I usually just look away. Except once where she smiled first.

Other urls found in this thread:

markmanson.net/the-levels-of-eye-contact
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah I do this.

>Noko

Thats my name? Whats the problem?

It only works when u have a nice face

I do have a nice face, I'm just full autismo

In which situation? Always?

Specifically in the gym.. But I guess in general as well.

I do, they usually get to this playful talk, like being teased and blush.

It happens automatically if I think the girl is cute, and they usually smile back.

No. I'm a stoic. I show no facial expression.

I am that feel

That filename

"I'm a stoic"

AKA you're boring, you fucking neckbeard

I honestly can't think quick enough. Does anybody else have this problem? Whenever I see a girl I'm trying to read her too hard that I totally forget what I look like.

Guess it's just a variation of your typical autist but still.

>I don't know what stoicism is, so therefore it must be boring

Silly brainlet

>tfw smiled to my first cardio bunny at gym tonight and she smiled back to me

am i going to make it fit ?

No, you have to go talk to her. Don't ask me how to do that though, I mean with what excuse would you talk to her?

no it isn't
shut up

I live in Southern California so women tend to smile when I look at them. I smile back to not seem rude. Consider it just polite manners like holding a door open for the person behind ya.

>tips fedora

Yeah huh

I smiled at a girl at the gym today and then she smiled back but then she kept staring so I awkwardly looked away

I held the door open for a girl in the gym the other day and she said thanks then I said thats ok.

So don't stare girls in the eyes. Look at the forehead. Its easier for autist

Kekd

Accurate

Most girls do what's called a submissive smile, it's an automatic reaction, they smile so they look friendly in the hopes that you won't murder them. Many girls try to train themselves to stop doing this because men often interpret it as a flirting smile, but for most it's purely a reaction to making accidental eye contact with an unfamiliar man. Most of the time unless they make super prolonged eye contact it's meaningless. It's also meaningless if they are currently working in a service job, because it's their job to be friendly.

It's really hard to navigate because women are often very nice because they are nervous or scared, or being polite, not because they actually like you.

>be standing on the bus stop
>some bus arrives, some girls sit by the window and wave to me
>raise eyebrows couple of times like your pic related
>they start giggling
>bus departs, I start wondering how autistic I am

Shut the fuck up. You just lowered my confidence. When I'm at work girls look at me repeatedly and I smile at them. Now I feel like a fucken creep. I hope you get raped so hard you won't be able to lift 5lbs without your ass bleeding

I try to, yes. But then I get self concious about my smile and look away

Are you memeing? I'm not gonna look like a spacker staring at people's foreheads am I?

P beta to look away.
The best thing to do is look a girl right at her eyes as soon as she enters you field of view. This is pretty sexy to girls, makes them feel desired OR creeped out.

MID case scenario If you are good enough for her she will hold some eye contact and keep giving you looks here and there

BEST case scenario is she smiles and plays with her hair. Approach her if this happens.

WORST case she makes a grossed out face and now you know you cant get her.

Noko goes in the e-mail (now Options) field so you automatically return to the thread after posting.

But Veeky Forums auto-nokos now so it's completely unnecessary

Where I'm from girls are basically taught from birth to avoid being a cock tease so most of them have incredibly aloof attitudes and will strongly avoid smiling and making eye contact with strangers unless they're attracted to him.

tl;dr girls here are so bitchy that even a smile usually means they want your dick

it depends, a genuine smile is done with the eyes, not with the mouth. If you learn how to read body language and learn the different levels of eye contact, you'll actually be able to tell if it's forced or natural instinct. Just practice not being the first to break contact when you walk by strangers(guys and girls) sometimes. It might feel a little rapey but it can teach you a lot about how to read people.

markmanson.net/the-levels-of-eye-contact

Generally, the only chicks that will do the overt check out are 1. teenagers 2. older women. This is the eye up that everyone envisions when they think of 'checkin somebody out'.

Teenagers don't understand they shouldn't be as overt/haven't learnt the game, and older women just don't care.

Most women won't go heads up with a guy to check them out; i.e. they won't meet the gaze of a stranger and hold it, nor will they get caught checking your body out by you.

Women do most of their checkin out peripherally; i.e. out the sides of their eye, or they'll do it last second as they're passing you

e.g. you make brief eye contact with a chick at distance, she'll pass close, open herself up, and look at you from the side as she walks past.

If we're going full meme pua mode this is where you'll catch the 'hair flick' shit, right as you make initial eye contact or she notices you first; then she'll flick again as she passes you.

You can catch the girl checking you out by looking forward intently for a few seconds and then snapping your attention onto her quickly. If she is then obviously she'll be looking at you and quickly look down and sheepish smile or someshit, that's what I observe anyway.

This is the hardest fucking thing for me to figure out. I have very painful memories of moments when I thought 100% this girl was flirting with me but i was dead wrong.

Now i second guess everything. Is this girl flirting with me or is she looking for validation? I honestly can't tell anymore

Does anyone know any definitive clues if a girl is into you

i dunno my dick tends to know tho so it passes the info up to me.

if its goin well and the chicks clickin with me, even if its not overtly sexual, but theres just some nice convo and eye contact/smiles my dick tingles a bit like "this is not a drill"

seriously

aint steered me wrong yet

Same here. My dick also lets me know when my relationships are dead.

Damn this a pretty site

Is this the same guy who wrote models

yup

You're overthinking this m8, they're more subtle about it than men but once you get used to reading the signs it's actually pretty obvious when a grill is checking you out

Wot? It's a thread about knowing when a girl is checking you out.

I'm passing my very basic observations regarding sober women from my own experience and having observed gfs/female friends & spoken to them about it.

literally every male with confidence acts like this dont overthink it, its how a healthy male ego works

Does anyone knows what it means when you lock eyes with a girl and she immediately looks fucking shocked/scared and darts her eyes away

hmmm it really depends on the girl.

my gf will smile and talk to random weird creepy strangers if they say "hi" and i hate it so much like don't give these creeps a window of opportunity.
I, however, give 0 contact to creeps and will give death stares till they fuck off.

being a "creep" is subjective. if you're hot, you're not a creep. any girl will smile back at you and reciprocate with flirting if you smile at her if she thinks you're cute or hot.

but yes...I do find myself avoiding eye contact with hot guys just from being shy. the only way to truly know if a girl likes you is to talk to her...if she smiles and gets chatty and cute...she likes you. if not, she'll cut the conversation short. sorry, I know this is hard.

>Does anyone know any definitive clues if a girl is into you
If you're a 6'3 Chad with a massive robust frame, male model tier face, steel jaw, permanent scowl, absolute brick skull, and a terrifying and ruthless demeanor then yes she is into you. If you're not then no she's not into you.

Kek, the easiest and most reliable way to tell if a girl likes you is to ask her out or ask for her number, if she says no it usually means she doesn't like you. Seriously user rejection only stings the first couple of times, constantly worrying about whether or not someone likes you is effeminate, that's what women obsess over, not men.

You've been defeated one to many times haven't you lad?

Were u raping her?

also, just because she smiled doesnt mean she likes you, maybe she's just being friendly, just being nice to people, idk but definitely not sucking your dick thats for sure.

how 2 tell if gilr like me

help?

This right here is why i come to Veeky Forums. Some autist has developed an entire theory on why girls sometimes smile at him. Simply fascinating.

What's your theory on why girls smile at you?

What he said is pretty grounded on reality.

t. femanon

Honestly man i don't have a theory, when it happens i just feel warm inside and i smile back. It just comes naturally. Makes my day a bit better.

Huh! There you go. Haha.

>walking through uni
>grill walking towards me in opposite direction
>lock eyes until we walk past each other

Happens to me every now and then. For one moment, I feel like I'm a desirable human bean. Or I'm uggo. Everything else in my life is great, I just can't into girls lmao, don't think I'm Vince Chang enough.

At least not every girl locks eyes with you. That's when you know something is fucked up.

i tend to stare intently at and attempt to make deep, lasting eye contact with every girl i walk past. it's a good way of asserting your dominance and signalling to them that you're confident and would be able to protect them if shtf.

What are the signs then?

I think you guys might find this actually a cultural thing instead of an absolute.

For Americans travelling in Europe:

This won't really work for the most part on Germans and Dutch girls (They taught not to be cockhungry) until you maybe meet them at an event or something, whereas Italians will generally stare at you till your hearts content (similar with the Spanish and french)

Maybe we could hear some perspectives from culture because this has a lot to do with how women behave! In Asia they won't really stare but they'll quickly smile or giggle, in england and ireland they're pretty cock-hungry if you're attractive and smart (sounds similar to the US) but it's not really in our culture to approach random people and ask them for 'Dates', they'd generally be approached in a bar or party setting.

I've had some pretty successful experiences with women in my time (married now) and I've fucked a lot of girls from different countries.

I've only ever approached women when he was glaring obvious (if you walk past and they're head turns when you've passed them) But that is extremally rare anywhere (At least for me randomly in the street).

Might be worth saying where your from before you explain 'What women want' cause it can vary! Like Eastern Europeans generally look for more alpha type behavior (and curlbro's lol) while germanic and meds prefer a more cultured dyel/ottomode type guy.

Can't break them down into basic if-then statements otherwise we could have written an AI to do it ages ago.
The signs are there but you can only read them using intuition accumulated from practice.

I get what you're saying and I agree but how can you say there are easy to read signals if you can't even describe them?

Intuition is a black box and is magic. But trust me with enough practice you can look at a girl's face and you will just get the state of her mind in your head without even noticing the details of her face.
It's easy in the sense you don't have to do any work to get the answer. That also means I can't describe how to actually do it because I don't actually do it. Some black box inside my head does and gives me the answer.

This is the autist friendly explanation of intuition.

>walk from the grocery market
>two good looking girls my age look at me, one with a smile
>look to the ground
>look back up
>they kept looking and smiling
JUST LEAVE ME ALONE. I AM NOT ATTRACTIVE I KNOW, NO REASON TO RUB IT IN