/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Cut for the Führer edition

Last thread at 300lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

i have a problem, /fat/. i've completely lost my appetite. i dont mean it in a "i cant eat 15 hamburgers like i used to", but more like "i struggle to get 1500 calories of junk food in my stomach over an 18 hour period". srs, i get hungry once a day but a single sandwich and i'm stuffed to the gills. some days i can only get in 1000-1200, but my TDEE is ~2900 with a sedentary lifestyle and i do 2-5 hours of cardio a week and do a modified version of starting strength on top of it. i have yet to feel any side effects, other than being a bit more sore after lifting or an extra hard cardio session, but i'm not stupid and its only a matter of time before my body starts to really understand i'm consistently undereating by a significant margin. even though i fucking hated it at first, i dont want to stop doing cardio or lifting but i also don't want to lose every bit of muscle and sanity that i have left while also fucking up my internal organs.
>SW: ~198lbs @ 25-26%
>CW: 180 @ 18-19%
time frame: ~3 months
i'm hoping to be near 10% by the time i hit 160lbs, but in order to do that i'll have to maintain some level of muscle and, by extension, a moderately healthy and consistent level of caloric intake
>tl;dr fatty can no longer eat. needs advice on how to not ruin health and organs

Have you recently had some drama in your life? Depression and emotional stress makes me physically unable to eat without vomiting. Why are you complaining though? Great way to cut down, just drink protein shakes or whatever high cal-protein heavy shit you can shove down

i have generalized depression and anxiety, but nothing out of the normal has happened recently. and having a reduced appetite isnt a problem, but being unable to eat to the point where you're eating like an anorexic seems like it would be a problem for someone trying to improve their health

I'm about to have fast food for the first time in the month.

McChicken no mayo. Because my house is out of chicken and I can't go all day eating nothing but eggs and potatos.

>eating potatos at all
>not just eggs, all day every day
never gonna make it

>already lost 20 pounds
>all I'm doing is cal in cal out and watching my macros

I'll be fine, bitch.

sounds like a weak person making excuses. Sad!

Tried doing Alternate Day Fasting a la Krista Varady and felt naseous as fuck on fast days for a week. Anyone else have similar experiences?

I'm just sticking to daily caloric restriction from now on

>Cut for the Führer edition
thanks for losing my motivation biggot op. Now I am going to eat the cake in the fridge.

hi nick

i am the mentally strongest here

challenge me

What happens when you reach your goal weight? I can't possibly keep logging everything I eat in mfp forever

thats why you want to get validation from a retarded online forum that is full of autistic manchildren?

Ok. You asked for it.

Maybe you should try not being a little bitch. Nice trips though.

1) You won't harm your organs unless you eat

>Mom asks me if I want a shamrock shake to go with my mcchicken
>Say no obviously, but put it into MFP to humor the idea
>73 grams of sugar

Yeah, how about never again. It's like you're drinking a glass of toothpaste with 73 grams of sugar poured into it.

Post a pic of ur dick in a mousetrap

Why not?

Anyhow, the ultimate goal should be to learn and adopt a healthy lifestyle. After a while it will become second nature and you shouldn't need MFP to realize how much you should be eating.

im not gonna flaunt my superiority in public like some douchebag, obviously

The second I stop autistically measuring and recording everything I eat I start to gain again. I'm terrible at intuitive eating, but I don't want to live in fear of food or yo-yo diet for the rest of my life

boggles my mind how I used to just mindlessly eat
I'd buy a 4 pack of double chocolate muffins and eat them all in the same night
usually after a whole pizza
insane

i would sometimes get one of these and eat the whole fucking thing

old me makes me sick

Don't you learn to eyeball how many calories your meal contains after a while? As long as you eat the same few meals over and over and monitor your weight like once a month you'll be fine.

Alternatively, you could try fasting for a couple of days each week

I worked at a bakery for a year and would literally take home 10kg of pies, donuts, scones, sugar buns, sandwiches, everything that was left at the end of the day. And eat everything.
My lunch break food was somehow even worse

oh yeah, I used to work in a food court and we got free meals
burger king or kfc, anything 'within reason', 5 times a week
sometimes I'd get some to take home too
it was free, I couldn't turn it down
lesson learned though

6'4" finally below 230lbs. Was at 275 back in October. I'm hoping I'll be at 200lbs by July or August.

>was 103kg when i started exercicing
>stopped after too weeks because too lazy
>left gym with 96kg
>i'm still the same weight since then

should i go back and try again /fat/?

losing weight is 90% diet
but giving your metabolism a boost certainly can't hurt

How did you stop?
I just ate 7 clif bars and a bag of roasted chick peas after a 90 minute walk/run. Can't stop thinking about what I'm gonna shove into my face before bed and already thinking about cinnamon raisin bagels for tomorrows breakfast.

I want off this ride.

Ate breakfast and much clean, only at 1044 calories. Will it be bad for cutting if I eat a burger and fries or a small pizza because I can't make it home for dinner?

TDEE is 3200 cal

Help me Veeky Forums, my Mom just brought home a medium Dr. Pepper from McDonalds what do I do

Ask her to drink it so you don't

SHE JUST HAD MAJOR DENTAL WORK SHE CAN'T DRINK POP FOR A WEEK

MY DAD DOESN'T DRINK ANYTHING THAT'S NOT DIET COKE

IT'S JUST STARING AT ME, Veeky Forums HOW DO I KILL IT

I still love you Jeffrey

i'm at around 30% body fat, will i have loose skin if i try to lose weight? i don't want to look like a fucking walking ballsack.

Drink it then fill up the cup with water and slam that shit for punishment.

Not if you loose it slowly.

sure feels and looks higher than 21%

i just really wanted it man, woke up one day and was done fuckin around

DUMP IT

I thought that was a meme? But if it's true if I lose a pound of week will I be safe?

What do you expect it would look like at 21%?

im hungry and tired and want to cry all the time

Dump it down the drain man, the longer you wait the worse it's going to get

even if you have saggy skin it can still heal over the next few years, the body can do some magic shit

Long time fatty, long time poster

Your op is quite edgy mein negger

Tfw 52% body fat

Skip the fries at least but honestly I'm cringing at the thought of all those empty calories

You don't need to "kill" it. Think of resisting it as a test to your will power

better than this

those are my god-honest measurements, I didn't even lie about height like I usually do

>if you fill your stomach with water you won't feel empty after meanls and will eat less
can this shit actually work or am i just memeing myself?

Yea I don't want to eat dirty I've been doing really good eating clean but I forgot my cooler with dinner at home. Only other option close to here is subway

Is it OK to eat really big but low calorie meals? For example, I just ate dinner; chicken breast (boneless skinless of course) and an entire bag of brussel sprouts. I'm fuckin stuffed and according to MFP it was only 368 calories.

it's quite a feat to become more fat than man

It's absolute bullshit. You'll just be starving and bloated.

did you eat your chest hair or what?

>tfw 30% bf

It seems like you have a somewhat abnormal distribution of fat but still that looks about right

gif related is another guy about the same bf%

Not that guy but you don't still have the cravings though? I want it just as bad as you man and I stay on my diet but I still think about binging and eating 25 packs of Welchs fruit snacks in one sitting. It's worse when I'm near my family, which of course is stress related. But still.

Top kek

Hunger and thirst are triggered by different mechanisms. That being said, many people mistake thirst for hunger when slightly dehydrated. Try drinking the water first. See if it helps.

Interesting, and relatable, please elaborate.

Part native american, I've never grown any

I'm way down from my starting weight but I just want this wild ride to be over

The tits are a major source of insecurity for me

I know I was a lil turned off by the OP as this isn't /pol/

>TDEE is 3200cal
No it isn't. Stop putting your exercise levels at anything but sedentary

Go to sleep

It's not bullshit if he drinks lots of water before and during meals, he will fill up way faster once some real food is in his stomach and it's a great way to eat less

Subway is still better at least you pretend you're eating clean

>the sight of a bernd in the ss actually discomforts you
I don't post on /pol/ but come on guys, just because our bellies are soft doesn't mean your skin needs to be too

>215 pounds
>a single meal of 1200~ a day, maybe a couple of snacks for 200
>75-90 min of cardio 4x a week

How long until I wish to kill myself

I did put my activity level as sedentary on multiple apps and it says I need to eat 3200 to lose weight.

Not the guy you were talking to, but I just got on the healthy eating ride about 2 weeks ago. I gave up soda last time I tried back in August, that was the hardest part for me, took months to get over the cravings for that. As for my current situation, I was literally eating nothing but pizza, mcdonald's, and baked goods. Once I started eating right, I haven't touched any of it, not even a little. For me the only way to get over cravings is cold turkey. The only thing that makes me want to go back to a shit diet is the dish washing after I eat, that shit sucks man.

I live alone though, so I don't have anybody tempting me with shit, besides friends trying to get me to go to the chinese buffet. Just think about how much you don't want to be fat anymore user. It should keep you going strong.

>No it isn't. Stop putting your exercise levels at anything but sedentary

We aren't all sedentary manlets like yourself.

You don't have a gf.

Do you need lotion for your vagina?

DYEL?

I went from 57-58 to 55 kg, I'm pretty satisfied

My TDEE, according to MFP is 2960 at sedentary level, so it's believable, user is just really fat.

Oh man. These are my weakness too. I love Welch Fruit Snacks. But you have an addiction and need to recognize it. No different than an addict with a needle.

Trust me I know it sucks man but they'll go away if you get down to at most 12%

No joke I feel like living alone is an important factor in losing weight.

i feel the craving sometimes, but i quench it fast, i crave my next healthy meal instead, i crave some celery or spinach now

has anyone else gotten depressed or bitter after losing weight?

i've lost 108 pounds in the last year but i'm even more depressed and angry than i was at my highest point. i don't know why but i think it's partly because my days have become so tedious and repetitive.

6', did SS and Texas for a while, but moved to another city and fell in a rut. Felt that I'd rather lose 60lbs or so quickly and then get back mass slowly.

I know it's an addiction and I'm eating clean and exercising but I still W A N T to binge. How do I cope with that?

I consider myself to be really lucky because I've always had a healthy diet, never liked soda and alcohol, don't like sauces, never ate premade food at home, loved vegetables since I was a kid...
So I've only had to do minor changes, like using less olive oil, eating less bread...

IIFYM
I love Brussels sprouts

Just got over norovirus (24 hour vomits and shits)
Lost 7lbs alone in these two days I've been sick

Is norovirus the key to cutting?

I disagree living with my college roommate makes me want to not binge because I want her to THINK that I'm a well adjusted human being.

Living with my parents/alone there's no consequence for over eating

Welcome to normie-hood

epic my brother *brohoof*

Yes. It also destroyed my addiction to Musli bars when I got it because puking up oats isn't fun.

A lot of junk food cravings is the marketing. If you can avoid some of that it will get easier.

Fuck me dude
The night I came down with it I ate a plate.of.mashed potatoes, peas, and corn

Corn coming out of both ends explosively is horrible
Never again

I quit soda cold turkey about 5 years ago. I was a pretty big drinker, sometimes above 2l a day.

I was wondering, did anyone ese had nightmares when quitting? During the first 2 months after quitting I remember having nightmares were I drank soda and I woke up terrified and drenched in sweat. I had about 6 or 7 before they went away.

Can someone help me understand if my jawline is shit or not? This is me from like 2011 back in high school (like 17, ignore the thug look I sucked at photos). Right now I'm overweight (6'2 and 220 lbs) but I've been losing weight, used to be 240 a month ago and was just wondering what I'm looking forward too.

This is how I looked 2 years ago for those interested

So about fat facial hair.

When you lose weight, does your neckbeard migrate from your neck to your chin?

I had nightmares when I stopped smoking weed.

Now I have dreams that I'm smoking weed.

Bruh your jawline is fine

>tfw playing basketball with my buddy last week
>my buddys fratbro says hi, nice guy, havent seen him in months
>buddy tells me that his friend was asking him wtf happened to me, and that I looked really good
d-does that count as a mire?

you look average to me desu. you'd probably be attractive at low bf% since your face looked a bit chubby there