Eat less than TDEE

>eat less than TDEE

is this all it takes to lose weight? Do the tricks of?

>eat 10 small meals a day
>do not eat carbs after lunch
>Starve yourself
>eat one big meal and only that
>drink water when you are hungry

Are those tips just memes? Is simply eating less than your TDEE all you need to focus on?

>at 24% BF wanting to drop to 15%

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U&list=PLSPfSdySThYMHoeS5WVGPhSxZawM3Logv&index=3&
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

10 small meals is autism.
Not eating carbs after lunch sounds like some shit a fat woman invented.
Starving yourself is retarded.
Eat one big meal and only that is a sure way to fail.
Drinking water when hungry can actually work.

READ the fucking sticky

Do IF, it keeps basal metabolism higher than simple calorie restrict so keeps your TDEE higher

all these "tricks" are just ways to help people keep their kcals in check without really tracking them

Yes, drinking water when you are hungry is good. It'll fill you up a bit and help you eat less.

One big meal and only that. Definitely solid, essentially intermittent fasting but with a 1 hour eating window instead of the usual 6-8. I do IF (2 meals a day, works well for me).

10 small meals a day is fucking retarded. Eating a small amount of food just gets me hungry, eating constantly throughout the day (grazing) is part of the reason NA is so fat.

found the retard

IF is for people who are too weak to keep their calories in check under normal eating conditions.

Intermittent fasting. Easiest way to not binge. Work up to a 20/2 window that ends 2 hours before bed time and you'll feel wonderful.

> its more weak-willed to control your meals than to just eat constantly throughout the day

ok.

>thinking the sticky solves everything.

>mfw coworkers complain about hunger pains when going a couple hours without food

Yup, grazing on food all day long takes so much willpower.

This
Everybody I've every spoken too about IF fasting looks at me like I'm fucking crazy
Meanwhile I eat as many fuckign chocolate chip pancakes as a fucking want and as long as I get my 140-60 grams of protein on lift days I'm just losing fat and gaining muscle

I eat nothing but canned tuna and green apples and I've lost 23lbs in about 2 weeks

you must be pretty fat.

Nah I've also been doing a lot of cardio

23lb x 3500 calories per lb fat = 80,500 cal

Divided by 14 days = a shortfall of 5750 cal per day.

>Veeky Forums tells me IF is a meme, eat small meals throughout the day
>feel lethargic, weak, tired all the time, losing weight slowly

>finally decide to hop on the meme train
>Feel more energy
>Can finally eat satisfying meals
>Lifts improving again
>weight going down
>mood improved

Not saying that you can't lose weight by calorie restriction but holy fuck life is so much better since hopping on IF

IF is top tier diet, there's a reason it's the go-to diet for movie stars n shit who needed be stripped down body fat wise ASAP.

The small meals a day thing has been debunked as fucking stupid bullshit a long ass time ago.
It really does keep you like...anabolic as fuck. But anabolic means that your body is more willing to. LIke...you know..put on fat.
Since you're trying to lose fat then that's the last thing you want.

It does not increase your metabolism. At all. Full small meals? No.

Snacking on small shit here and there? Apple here, carrot there, piece of chocolate there and a big mostly healthy dinner? Yes.

Eating your meals spread throughout the day? Only if you're on gear, not trying to lose weight, or simply like eating like that and see no problem with it.

isnt that the diet the guy used for the machinist

IF 5 days a week and twice a week full fast = quick fat loss.

drink water and stop eating snacks

>is this all it takes to lose weight?
Yes
>Do the tricks of?
Every "trick" is either sabotage or a method to help people with poor self control.

You can figure out which the trick you are considering is by determining if your are staying under TDEE.

>Thinking drinking water when hungry is a trick.

>tfw stuck at 90.5 kg for the last 3 days

fuck I lost like 4 kg in 15 days now I'm stuck. Did my TDEE change? should I eat less

Yes. All those "tricks" are ways of "tricking you" into eating less than TDEE

except he's right

how do you not have mercury poisoning

for a fat fuck - yes

for a real human being - it's much more complicated

Every single tip you will ever hear is made to help people that can't be bothered counting their calories to keep under TDEE.

Its basically analysis of good and bad eating habbits and trying to come up with some sneaky ways to trick yourself into eating how much you should.

But in reallity, just stay belove TDEE and thats it.

I've been droping 1lbs a week like a clock for 4 months, just by calculating shit i eat

what a badass you are

>still believing in calories in calories out
you people are fucking stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=5F5o0a4p_3U&list=PLSPfSdySThYMHoeS5WVGPhSxZawM3Logv&index=3&

I would advise against 1 meal a day. I like fasting but only until lunch. For former fatties and recovering fatties, starving the whole day then eating 2k calories at the end of the day IMO reinforces binge eating habits, however many are successful with this method so it's really about preference.

That's a very interesting video user thanks.

Bullshit

>less in then out

Simple math.

I like to think of

>Calories in vs Calories out

Or vice versa, as a honda civic. You can put spoilers on it, a loud fart can, and put a cold air intake on it, but the only thing that really matters is the stock car itself. All the other shit is just noise.

>talking about calories in calories out like its some kind of mith and there's nothing true about it

let me guess, you are a fucking hamplanet

I wish I could be a fat man eating fried chicken like OP's picture. I never got to try Nashville spicy chicken. :(

>TDEE changed in 2 weeks
Are you serious? Dropping weight takes time, stop weighing everyday you autist

>Mum and sister bitching about how they can't lose weight
>I tell them exactly what to do, tdee, counting calories etc
"it isn't as easy as that, you don't understand"
>Been permabulking for awhile now, time to cut
>Offer them a wager of £30 that I can lose 1 pound per week for the next 12 weeks
>ff 12 weeks, I go round to mothers house, get on the scale, exactly 12 pounds down
>Mum and sister both stayed the same
>"Yeah well you men have it easier than us"

Oh well, they may be retarded but at least I got paid to cut.

Yes eating less than tdee is all you gotta do senpai.

It doesn't solve everything but everything he wants to know about his post is in the sticky

Spotted the hamplanets, 100% fact that cals in/cals out works. Only a true fatass would think otherwise

Nothing wrong with one meal a day, in the end just gotta do what works for you.

Because in the end the results you experience, not the opinions of people on Veeky Forums, are the only things that matter

>Fry some chicken
>Put nashville hot sauce on it
Learn to cook and IIFYM

you lost 3kg of water weight.

2kg / month is what you aim for. that is 2kg of fat. not muscle, not water.

Max 1% bodyweight loss per week. More than that is unhealthy. Readjust caloric goal weekly if you notice you're dropping too fast or too slow.
Weigh yourself daily, but in the morning after taking a shit & piss but before eating anything. Record your weights. After 7 days, calculate the average of that weeks weight. The result is the weight you use to determine rate of change.

Got mixed up with the wrong crowd and ended up a vegetarian. No chickins for me. Life is suffering.

Also I'm not fat, so it's just not the same.

dude

a calorie is a calorie

lmao

that's not how "vice versa" is used. also, you're wrong.

Cals in/Cals out has nothing to do with a calorie is a calorie fucking autist

yeah ok sweetie

>cals in/cals out works. Only a true fatass would think otherwise

I think it works to first order, i.e. going from 3000kc/day to 1500/kc will definitely result in losing weight, especially if you start from already being significantly overweight.

However, for lifters, overall health/longevity, and cutting down from ~15% BF I think CICO is far from optimal. While CICO works, it's probably better to encourage people to eat not only hypocalorically but make good food choices, and unfortunately most doctors and normie-tier nutritionists who recommend CICO will also give really shit advice (muh low fat). It works anyway because their clients' diets tend to be so bad that normie CICO is an improvement.

Yeah because the first law of thermodynamics does not exist or apply to the human body

You stupid fucking nigger

T H E S T I C K Y
H
E
S
T
I
C
K
Y

I think what they mean is that your TDEE can decrease a lot if you're on a diet that dont work for you. Staving is not the same as fasting. As long as you have enought vitamins and minerals (and a few other things). You dont neeed much calories. Alot of obese people have extremely low TDEE because they only eat crap and their body dont work the way it's supposed to.

triggered

get your extremist thinkingism out of here

Yes. It's basic science. Your body requires energy to function. And there are literally only two possible sources: 1. Food you eat, and 2. Body fat (and to a certain extent, muscle as well.)

If you don't eat enough food (aka a "calorie deficit") then your body MUST make up the difference from body fat, or you'd literally starve to death in a matter of hours.

If you're trying to do this, and it's not working, then you are either wrong about what your TDEE is, or you're wrong about how many calories you are eating. Or both. There literally is no other possible explanation.

The purpose of any trick/diet plan/etc. is to 1. Trick you into not feeling hungry enough to cheat, and 2. Possibly, maybe, "game" your system to increase your TDEE by a little bit. But #2 is more often than not only supported by broscience.

This. I really do think there's something to IF. I've been doing it for 3 months now, and I am consistently losing weight, and my lifts are going up (albeit slowly).

My best broscience explanation is that it's basically like doing a mini cut and a mini bulk every single day. Long term, you're still in an average deficit, but if you time it so that you eat your biggest meals right after working out, then at least for a brief period of time, you're in sort of a surplus when it counts the most, i.e. muh anabolic window.

>This. I really do think there's something to IF. I've been doing it for 3 months now, and I am consistently losing weight, and my lifts are going up (albeit slowly).

Me too. Doing IF+Keto except around workouts, and since I work out late in the evening I'll also have a large serving of oatz with brotein for breakfast on mornings after workout days. Working really well, though it's slow as you say.

calories in vs calories out never made any sense to me because our body doesn't utilize everything in the food we eat and the system by which we measure calories also tells us that gasoline is an excellent source of energy.

I've just been doing the warrior diet for a few years, works great for me. Some bone broth in the morning, then big ass meals at night.

The body is extremely efficient at converting nearly everything that sane humans consider food, even artificial crap, in to some form of energy that can be used

Gasoline and Plutonium is not digestable food

This is the modern age easy way out.

continue to feel superior for clinging to outdated science which makes you feel terrible and fucks up your hormones. i'll continue to use intermittent fasting.

This is going to be my lunch.

>360cal
>63g protein

How is it?

>that hand

ayyy lmao

Looks like shit

Which guy?
Was he a big guy or a not so big guy?

Dude you don't have to cut your nails all the way to the bone.

>taking a picture of your lunch
>while actually moving in your vehicle

Nice going, dipshit.

what is IF ?

Yep, everything else is a scam promising a quicker and easier way around hard work, but doesnt work.

The diety industry has convinced the entire world that you have to go on a specific diet routine or craze to lose weight, rather than simply eating less.

I know lots of fat people who have tried all sorts of different diets and none have worked, but they haven't tried the last diet, the one where they eat less.

When i lost weight 2 years ago and went from chubbyfat to normal i did it by eating just two meals a day and nothing else.

Now im cutting im doing the same thing.

I keep seeing everyone talk about IF, intermittent fasting, so i googled it

Apparently thats what im doing then? My lifts have also been going up while cutting still which a lot online say happens with IF.

This is like when i invented pens only to discover they existed.

But also i feel like its a bit ridiuclous to call this Intermittent fasting, like isn't it just a normal human diet to eat 2 meals a day? Stuffing your fat face all day with snacks is the fake one. It's not fasting to go a few hours without food.

>eat less than TDEE

Technically yes, but in practice the hard part is choosing not to eat whilst actively experiencing the discomfort of hunger.

Most diet tricks like drink extra water or eat extra vegetables are just ways to reduce hunger without adding too many calories.

You didn't account for water weight. I can lose 8lbs overnight from pissing out water weight in the morning.

Why isn't it a trick? You feel hungry, you drink water and trick your body into feeling less hungry.

Psychology plays a big role. If you are hungry all the time you might eventually cave in and fall back into old dietary habits.

Yes, this is true. But realistically your body needs certain things to be healthy.

If your TDEE is 2000 calories, and you eat 1500 of rice every day, you will lose fat, but if you had a 1000 of rice and 500 of chicken, your body has more to work with for building muscle and what-not.

I don't cut them, i bite them.

Sticky is dead for the most part.

Intermittent Fasting.

This is fucking retarded

That's fuckin gross my man.

Kill yourself frognigger.