What are some effective treatments for insomnia?

What are some effective treatments for insomnia?

Other urls found in this thread:

consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/trazodone-common-sleep-drug-is-little-known-antidepressant/index.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=D8oKWQiEWYs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Melatonin caps

Sleep

Masturbation

Go to bed at 11pm and leave bed at 7am

Do not leave bed

I repeat

DO NOT LEAVE BED

train your body to respect your wishes

but then i'll just be awake in bed all night

Depression helps :D

Since depression I've been sleeping 10-12 hours a day. Feels good man.

Go to 8 chan Veeky Forums. The sticky there has a sleep guide

See that's your problem, assuming failure.

Hey, I've had sleeping problems for years until i tried Zolpidem (Ambien for you yanks). I've done all the usual try to sleep tricks, no computers after 22:00, earplugs, keeping bedroom work free and so forth.
But the thing that really helped was Zolpidem, i take half the smallest dose of 5mg(2,5mg) when I think I might have a hard time faling asleep. And then 2,5mg when I wake up at night.
Never been this alert during daytime in years! I do drink way less also.

By taking half a dose your brain doesn't downregulate as much and you can keep using it longer (ive used it 6 months though recommendations are 2 weeks.) have no problems sleeping without it (during good conditions)

Melatonin is very weak for me.. Go see a doctor! Good luck.

Cbd edibles.

Hmm that's odd I'm on Zolpidem 5mg too. The first time I took it, it worked wonders and I had great sleep. After that it just feels like a dud, doesn't work anymore.

insomnia can be caused by a million different things.
It can be simple stress all the way to a chronic neurological issue in which case you would probably need medication.
simple tips would be to make sure that your room is dark, cold and silent while you sleep, also it shouldn't be too humid.
Make sure that you drink some water and use the restroom before you go to bed, you don't want your bladder to interrupt your sleep.
What I like to do before going to bed is make a small list of tasks I want to complete the next day, having a plan helps against anxiety and restlessness.

I don't recommend constantly taking Melatonin as it will fuck with your natural Melatonin levels and makes it less effective in the long run, resulting in even worse sleep.

Hasn't it been proven that zolpidem is practically a placebo and only decreases the average time to fall asleep by about 10 minutes?

If you're really serious about treating insomnia turn off every light in your house at sunset, close all the curtains and then read a book in bed by candlelight, within about an hour you'll be incredibly drowsy even if you have severe insomnia. It's extreme but it's honestly the most effective drug-free way to treat insomnia, even more effective if you open the curtains and turn on all the lights in your house at dawn.

>insomnia can be caused by a million different things.
this

also
I strongly recommend to go to psychiatrist with sleep disorders as a specialty. You dont necessarily need to take meds for your condition. However you need to learn about sleep hygiene, that is waking up at the same time everyday, taking care of your sleep cycle, preparing your place for sleep properly etc

>t.long time insomniac, got better thanks to my doc

Any tips on getting prescribed it? Doctors here are practically more willing to prescribe heroin to treat insomnia than they are to prescribe zolpidem.

Heavy indica strain. smoke a huge rip and ull knock out. although its not good to get dependent on it for sleep... doesnt kill gains unless u get lazy because of it.

This tbqh, dank weed is honestly the most effective treatment for insomnia yet has the fewest side effects IMO, just take an edible after work, eat dinner, relax with some tv or vidya, have sex and then have comfy sleep and wake up early feeling totally refreshed

Lying in bed for hours when you can't sleep is actually a great way to exacerbate insomnia, and train your body that lying in bed is a time to stress about how much you're not sleeping.

Caffeine helps if you believe it or not. But you gotta plan ahead. Caffeine has a half life of 6 hours and the comedown effects are extreme sleepiness.

Look up how caffeine works and you'll see.

wrong

Cut out caffeine and sugar. Don't look at a computer or phone screen in the hours before going to bed. Also, take an hour to relax, maybe reading or something similar, before going to bed.
Be careful that you're not overexcercising as this is linked to insomnia.

You're getting every meme answer in the book, and some are great for low level insomnia-

>Melatonin is one of the most effective
>HTP before bed helps many fall asleep as it produces above and is sometimes enough

In reality the best treatment for insomnia is different for everyone because it's the result of different things. Get checked into a sleep clinic and CPAP tested/analysed

It's expensive but it's literally the only way to get effective treatment because it's the only way you're actually going to know why your insomnia exists

yeah, you are supposed to stay in bed no longer than for 20 minutes. If you are not sleepy by then you have to occupy yourself with something else (for instance, read a book, no electronics) and then try again hour later

Invest in a quality bed. This will yield all kinds of natty gains.
Carbs before bedtime. Don't overdo it just some carbs before going to sleep, you don't want your metabolism to go into full rampage when trying to sleep but carbohydrates before sleeping enhance the sleep quality a lot.
Zma. Get the good one with magnesium citrate and added b6 and copper. Magnesium acts as a mild sedative in high doses and I've noticed that it knocks me out.

Droxylamine and yoga nidra

Fixed my insomnia through neglect
Basically if I couldn't sleep I'd accept it and do something productive. Reading, running, homework, ectopic. Eventually I was "cured" but I also only sleep 6 hours a night straight at the most
I'm not a sleep doctor and I've done very little research on the subject but that's what worked for me

Same here. Literally the only thing (pharma or otherwise) that's worked for me. Even benzo's did fuckall.

What country you from familam? I get mine underground, same place I get my roids.

I take a melatonin combined with a valerian root capsule every night about 9-9:15. Asleep by 11:00 the absolute latest.

t. Someone with major sleep problems.

DUDE
It seriously works

tren e 500mg e7d

Buy a small fan, it helped me

>tfw the trensomnia gets so bad you actually consider upping your dose just so you die

stop using your phone at night
stop using electronics about 30 minutes before bed time
set a bed time
go to bed at the bed time
don't drink caffeine like 4 hours before bed time
you're not special, you're just fucking basic shit up

take a nap at night, and when you wake up, take another nap.

Are you usually on your phone, watching TV, or doing something else that could be distracting your from sleeping?

You have to make an association between sleep and your bed. You can't do anything else in it.

Not op but it makes my insomnia worse

Trazodone 50mg

Costs $3 for a 30 day supply. Puts you to sleep faster than ambien

consumerreports.org/cro/2012/04/trazodone-common-sleep-drug-is-little-known-antidepressant/index.htm

meditate
youtube.com/watch?v=D8oKWQiEWYs
i was getting 4 hours a night now im getting 6
not the best but better .

No screens (TV, phone, computer etc...) starting an hour before the time you want to sleep.