/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Can't find a My 600lb Life stream of the new episode edition

Last thread at 300lbs (Cross-thread)

Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!f5gGFIRY!vrd4VMEUHqGwjhAti19SQTcTuvZsrmJONlYhKVwAloQ
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2012.01021.x/abstract
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2008.00518.x/abstract
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/86/2/276.full
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3564212/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17391111
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20826627
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20107198
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12091753
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19224658
journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1001112
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15621062
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23590331
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21427215
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0012191
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19039316
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kill yourselves fatties

>tfw lazy and fucking up backlinks

>tfw when you've eaten a half gallon of low fat frozen yogurt over two night span and feel like shit knowing that sugars not doing your abs any good

>dem clean diet shits
>no mess
>less wipes

Confess those cheat meals

Is eating oats and jogging everyday a good strategy for losing weight?

all week i ate baked chicken breast with rice and broccoli

today, i ate 5 chicken parmesan patties with no bread, and 6 whiskey sours

rip progress

My sister offered me a can of coke zero
I........I accepted it. Please forgive me father.

Checking in

5'11"
Starting weight: 312
Current weight: 257 (-55)
Goal weight: ~170-180

ALMOST HALFWAY THERE, LADS

Yogurt
>Tastes horrible unless it has a boatload of sugar to cover the sourness
>The healthiest kind still has sugar
>Not really used to spruce up food other than Tikka Masala

Cheese
>Delicious
>A variety of versions, and basically all of them are good
>So damn delicious it's used in countless dishes
>Most have no sugar

Let's just admit that Cheese is GOAT and Yogurt is a bad meme that momscience encouraged us to believe was good for us.

If energy output > energy input, you will lose weight

Your abs love sugars. They store them as glycogen to be used when you exercise.

Your fat cells also love them. Store them as fat for the next famine.

Iv been eating crap I'm not suppose to. I hopped of keto and going back to deficit but I still a lot and don't track.

>strict 1200 cal diet
>third week of 50/400/28 ECA stack
>drink only water (and lots of it)
>average daily heart-rate up to 90bpm from 70

AND STILL HAVEN'T LOST A SINGLE LBS
what the fuck is going on Veeky Forums :(

I still love you Jeffrey.

I ate a Taco Bell Bean Burrito and a Taco Bell Spicy Potato Soft Shell yesterday. Both were Fresco Style (no cheese or sour cream), but they're high in calories and fat.

Feels bad man.

Can we get a /fat/ discord channel?

Good stuff user

How long you been cutting?

I have to take my (literally) mentally retarded client to chinese buffet for dinner today. How do I survive?

No fuckoff.

Checking in 6'2" was 310llbs now 240 goal 180llbs 70 gone 60 to go. All i did was cut as many sugars ie soda or candy as possible and as many breads and pastas as possible. Then i started walking on a daily just go as far as you can eventually you can really start to work out. Dont be discouraged and do it for the right reason. I did it so i wouldnt die by 30. But your motivation may vary.

Take from the salad bar and vegetable dishes. They are lower in calorie.

Or order a vegetable dish off the menu.

My motivation is I want to live to 110. We're all gonna make it.

I think you're undercounting Calories.

1200 is fucking anorexic tier. Shouldn't be possible to not lose weight.

>All i did was cut as many sugars ie soda or candy as possible and as many breads and pastas as possible
the jews will tempt you with free soda and candy, better be careful goyim.
>Then i started walking on a daily just go as far as you can eventually you can really start to work out
bad, bad goyim! buy my oil and use your jewmobile you dumb goyim!

Rate my day
>Breakfast
8 oz fat free milk
>Lunch
PBJ
4 oz fat free milk
Pear
>Dinner
2 scoops of EAS Soy proton
1 can of tuna
>Total
1200 calories
68g of protons
I might fit some beef jerky in there as a snack too

5$ Triple-Double Crunchwrap box with a Baja Freeze and a Chicken Quesarito at 2am.

>Instead of having a 500 calorie pbj in the am you can make yourself a 3 egg omlet with spinach and stay full for longer and still have calories left over for an actual dinner.

Not sure if you're genuinely asking this question as the answer is very obvious, but I'll help just invade you're genuinely unsure.
Fill yourself up on your usual healthy proteins and fats, maybe with some rice or whatever. Get full to bursting. Then at the restaurant try to eat nothing at all, but if that seems genuinely impossible, or if you'll be offending others by not eating try something small and simple like an omelette. I'm not too familiar with Chinese buffets, and I certainly never try to eat low cal when I eat out, but I'm sure there are good options. Veggie stir fry? Egg? Grilled meats? Avoid food in sauces. If you're having a drink, make it a gin and tonic etc. rather than a beer, Alfa or juice, or better yet have a water.
Stay strong mate.

Alternatively, depending on how much you've eaten today, have whatever you want. Then don't eat anything else all day.

I fasted until 8pm I yesterday then ate a whole pizza. Then had some white fish and an egg and went to bed. Still only 1500 ish cals and I got to enjoy my favourite food. You don't have to deprive yourself or tasty food, just be smart about it.

They don't serve that at my school

Started on September 5th, but could've gone a lot faster if I wasn't cheating so much... Hopefully the 2nd half will be a lot easier

How do I count the calories in MFP?

Also, what kind of pbj are making that's 500cal, nigga?

Pic is me

Currently sitting on my hospital bed, it's been three days after my excess skin removal surgery (all around tummy tuck + thigh lift).

In about 6 months I will do the upper body lift. After that I will able to finally bulk up and build some muscle for once in my life.

Basically all vegetable dishes on the buffet are smothered in super sweet and salty sauces. All I've had today is a 190 calorie granola bar for breakfast. Might just try to stay strong the rest of the day, then eat a fuckton of salad, fish, and grilled steak at the buffet.

Don't forget to post that skin surgery photos once you're out. What are the scars like at the moment? Got any in-bed shots you can give?

I am currently fully bandaged. When they changed it last time the scars where like heavily bruised (but that is to be expected)

I started walking around today, but I have to carry these drainage bottles with me everywhere I go

>reading memus aurelius
maaaaaaaaaate

How's your breakfast user?

>60g oatmeal
>5g chia seeds
>10g blackberries
>cinnamon

shake
>20g protein powder
>5g creatine

supplements
>2000 IU vitamin D3
>1000mcg vitamin b12
>allergy pill

320 calories, 19g protein, 36g carbs, 6g fat, 13g fiber

It has been two months since my last confession. The last time I sinned was the weekend of February 27th, my birthday.

I gorged the entire weekend including: 2 pints of ice cream, three meals at restaurants, a 2,000 calorie plate of from scratch waffles, a gallon of whole milk, a pack of high quality truffles, and some triple butter popcorn.

Height?

Also how much is the surgery and how are you affording it
You dont look really well off judging from the room and that awful bathroom

It's skin surgery, not a fucking trip to the moon. It's like instead of a vacation.

How do i keep eating healthy?
I have no problems with exercise, but staying away from soda is impossible

That's why I'm asking for the price
I've heard its like 10k dollaridoos or more depending on how much it is and this guy had boatloads

mega.nz/#!f5gGFIRY!vrd4VMEUHqGwjhAti19SQTcTuvZsrmJONlYhKVwAloQ

>staying away from soda is impossible

It is with that attitude. Switch to some foul tasting diet swill, and then give that up (along with all sweets for a while). Buy yourself a water bottle that is of similar proportion and use that to drink out of.

I'm planning to order a pizza next week.

I think it's ok to sometimes do that but only if you plan it in advance. Impulse 'cheating' is bad. Planned cheating is fine.

195 cm or 6'4'' freedom units

At the time the first picture was taken I just got out of college (first apartment, first job). The second picture was taken during my move to my second apartment. The surgery costs ~22k €. Most of the money I already had (I earn well and don't waste money), for the rest I took a loan (current loan rates are ridiculously low)

>eating breakfast
literally why

This is the real reason americans are fatter than euros. Fucking drinking soda is not normal if you're not eating out. Having it in your fridge is not normal. Buying bottles of it is not normal. Stop that

Doing god's work

DONT BE A BITCH

is my advice

>Switch to some foul tasting diet swill

I'm not him, I born drinking diet, molded by drinking diet, by the time I saw the full-sugar it was nothing but SYRUP

I don't believe in cheating. If I want a pizza, I'll eat a pizza but I will make room for it my daily calories and macros. I can eat whatever I want, the only thing I need to make sure is that I don't go over the limit.

>eating breakfast
It's the most important meal of the day.

thats what you focused on in that picture?

I'm eating like 1200 calories a day right now. Ain't no way to fit in a pizza. Gotta just accept it.

Nice dude

22,000 euros is a shitton of money so not everyone is able to freely spend it on something like skin removal
Hope that will look good bro

no thx i eat big to get big

Cutting from 167 to 155, trying to reduce my BF% down to 10-12, right now I'm closer to 16%. Finally got a solid breakfast going after my intermittent fasting

>1/2 avocado
>3 hard boiled eggs
>1 tbsp olive oil
>1.5oz cheese
>protein shake

I get like half my daily calories with my first meal 8-)

just ate 2 plain mashed potatoes and a chicken breast drenched in pepper, just a few hundred calories and feelin full

fuckin love pepper

sex / height / weight / age?

Unless you are a small girl you are eating to little. When I was losing mad weight I also ate around 1200 kcal, that works perfectly right around 3 months later when you start losing your hair.

>acovado
>eggs
>olive oil
>cheese

Gotta eat fat to lose fat to confuse the body.

me too, I will spend another 10 k € on the upper body lift. I know it is a lot of money, but I can afford it and I am willing to spend that kind of money on me.

I think that this year will be focused on surgeries and light whole body workouts between the surgeries. Next year is going to be the start of proper lifting.

I will be 29 this summer and I think that by the time I hit 33 I should look quite nice. At least thats the goal.

You lost your hair because you were balding, stop being in denial.

>tfw literally suck on peppercorns as a snack
we're gonna make it

Your body primarily uses carbs as energy and when not used they are converted into glucose and stored as fat. Ironically, eating high fat/protein and fewer carbs is proven to reduce bodyfat.

Dietary fat =/= bodyfat

Slept all day today, at least i forced myself to do the dishes. Depression sucks.

>Dietary-fat =/= bodyfat

Check mate, atheists.

wtf is that?

Yeah... I've lost about 1/3 of my hair within 1 month and grew it all back half a year later after adjusting my daily caloric intake. Sure must be genetics...

>Dietary fat =/= bodyfat
This is how deluded people on the internet are.

You can biopsy a person's fat to determine what they ate. That's how efficiently dietary fat is stored in adipocytes.

When you eat excess calories, to a certain extent your body increases its metabolism to burn off some of them. Extra carbs not used for energy then have to go through a conversion process to be turned into fat. Your body runs on carbs. It's our primary energy source.

>spending 33k euros on skin surgery
jesus man, you could have had the deposit for a house with that. what did you do it for? It would have slowly lessened, and if you want girls then a house will get you that way faster, especially at 30 when everyone wants to settle down.

those are drainage bottles. You have pipes coming out of your body along the scars of the body lift. These pipes have bottles with negative pressure attached to them, that way all the wound fluids are getting sucked out of your body... It is as comfortable as it sounds.

Blood. I hope it's not Chris's blood.

People say high volume on a cut is really bad idea. However, considering I'm 30% bf, added SS+volume+cardio days, I'm seeing good progress still after 2.5 months.

Not sure if I should decrease the volume, all main lifts are usually 3x5 or 3x3 and then I've added assistance.

Here are some links to prove you the fuck wrong

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2012.01021.x/abstract

onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2008.00518.x/abstract

ajcn.nutrition.org/content/86/2/276.full

You can do high volume for those noobgains while doing cardio to burn calories, there shouldn't be an issue. Just make sure your rest days are sufficient so you don't hurt your muscles too much, it's a risk on a long-term cut

So a calorie is not a calorie and the sticky is wrong? Not being argumentative or trolling, legit asking

As I said, I can afford it. I make a (very) decent living.

I don't give a shit if girls want a house at that age. I spend that money because I want to feel good and look good. Why would I not invest in my own happiness for the sake of impressing some slut that wants to settle down after being passed around during her mid twenties... you need to set your priorities straight!

>It would have slowly lessened

you clearly have no Idea what you are talking about. The skin is not really streched, it actually grew that way, it is literally excess skin, and you body will not reduce it on its own

KEK!

Thanks. On rest days (weekend) I eat 4000-5000kcals which brings me on a weekly deficit so I'm losing steadily 0.5kgs/1lbs per week and sometimes more.

The first thing to consider is measurement error. Either your calories or weight is incorrect. Or both.

Look up autophagy and loose skin. I had a bit of loose skin after weight loss and it cleared up in about a year, but I did a lot of fasting.

>30% BF
>5000cal weekends
w-why

Read this And this

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3564212/

1 gram of fat = 9 calories
1 gram of carbs = 4 calories

A lot people cut out fat when they diet instead of counting calories, which puts you in the habit of eating more, where as if you eat a higher percentage of fat, you can eat less over all and still get the same amount of calories. Also something something about fat having more vitamins or whatever.

None of that disproves a word I said.

Further, low-carb diets increase your risk of all-cause mortality
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989112/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17391111
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20826627

Increases your LDL
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20107198
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12091753

Increases damage to your digestive system
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19224658

Impairs glucose sensitivity (hello diabetes!)
journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1001112
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15621062

and lessened fat burning
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23590331

Causes growth hormone resistance
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21427215

Causes intestinal inflammation
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0012191

And after switching to a normal diet from a low-carb diet, rats gained more weight with the same caloric intake compared to controls. Low-carb diets literally cause weight cycling.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19039316

>want to look good and feel good
might as well have done a 6 months roid cycle and filled half that skin for 1000eurobucks. It really wasn't that bad

Well, I'm eating 2500kcals on work days
I'm 6"5' 265lbs

>why
Idk I love to relax during weekends but keep everything in check during work days and workout like a madman (3hrs/day)

In a nutshell that weekend works like a "refeed" day, nearly 3 months so far (lost around 20lbs) and it's working great

there is always a point of no return. You should emphasize that you had "a bit" of loose skin. During my surgery they removed over 4 kg of skin tissue... trust me, surgery is the only option in cases like this

Calorie sources matter. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

And you can easily prove it to yourself. Do you think eating a stick of butter is as healthy as eating a salad, a sweet potato, a bowl of oatmeal, and a bowl of brown rice? They have the same calories, so they're just as good for you right?

No one would argue that a calorie is a calorie.

I care more about the final result than the money. Just like when you eat something, sure a dollar ramen can fill me up, but I prefer eating a 20 € steak if I have the option.

>>eating breakfast
>literally why

do you have no occupation? I wouldn't survive the morning if I didn't eat a carb heavy breakfast (I'm a student)

>Also something something about fat having more vitamins or whatever.
Who the hell told you fat has more vitamins?

It's the exact opposite. Ordinary fat has no vitamins or micronutrients. Just fucking google 1 cup of olive oil. It has a little iron and nothing else. Now google 1 cup of spinach. See the difference?

technically he would lose weight (if that is the only goal), but it would be waaaaay healthier to have the same deficit with a balanced set of macros from good sources (brown rice, oats and yams for carbs; lean meat and quark or protein; unsaturated cold pressed fats)

Figured here would be the place to ask, anyone else sometimes get a really nasty headache after the gym?

I had to take a couple of weeks off due to work commitments buy went back today and feel like shit now. Have only been going for a couple of months do by no means experienced

Not that user but you do what's right for you bro. Not point having money and house if you have being in your body everyday.

Keep up the gains

>technically he would lose weight (if that is the only goal)
If your only goal is losing weight, just cut off a limb. Grab a hacksaw and go to town. You might die from loss of blood, but you'll weigh less

If you're going to fill yourself with butter, you're going to have the same end result.

Have you considered not eating the entire pizza?

how long before the gym was your last meal and did you drink enough?