Never Gonna Make It General: Calves Edition

I've tried everything short of steroids and my calves have never made any progress; everything. Pic related, I only every feel pump in my soleus muscle but not the gastrocnemius. Should I just get it over with and kill myself?

Be fat for 10 years and you'll get great calves.

OK so I haven't tried that but I don't want stretch marks when I drop the weight so that's out of the question

have you tried jumping rope?

every weekend go on hikes that are 4 hours long( 2 hours there and 2 hours back). DO IT EVERY FUCKING WEEKEND, bring your misses too so you won't get bored and can fug on mountain maybe.

Also wear 20-40kg weighted vest the entire time and never take it off.

Within 6 months your calves will be massive, just remember if you aint feeling the burn use heavier weight.

Yeah. Still soleus muscle pump

Only Pajeet worships calves, m8. Stop obsessing.

Good idea, also she would love to fuck innawoods.

>Calflet the post

My wife loves my big arms and that's all she really cares about but she rips on me for my tiny calves all the time.

tried not locking your legs when you do calf stuff? I always felt the soleus too but keeping my leg a little bent really made me feel the gastro

Just accept it
Google sprinters and see their legs. Skinny legs = Cheetah legs, good for athletics.

I'll give it a try. I've done seated and standing calf raises and every variation of foot angle/weight/frequency but I'm left totally bummed out

I've found that out in my years of training. I ran 400 hurdles in college with a bunch of black dudes who also had small calves. But I figured if Arnold could grow his then I could too, but that was probably the juice

how to deal with calf DOMS?

shit hurts as bad as squatDOMS

Stretch/Sleep. Always stretch/sleep

You can grow calves, but you will never grow your ankles.
>Anklet life

>stretch
should I just work them on the stairs?

I would be ok with that if I could even get my calves to grow in the first place. I'm not gonna give up but it's so demotivating

If the shoe fits. Ankle rolls are a good one as well

The thing is calves dont grow sideways, so they will always look small from the front. I just run and squeeze a few calf raises everyweek and forget about it. Good luck.

This is a weird post. The guys trying to force /pol/ memes don't lift. Yet this guy is upset about under developed calves. I deduce he is a fat as fatass with shit tier calf genetics.

They only grow sideways. Insertions are insertions, calf exercises aren't actually making you taller whatever you might think tippy toe mode does, they just get thicker like any other muscle. You can do shit like with some of the bicep adjacent muscle, where you work the soleus and it pushes shit out more. Many people also have a number of extra muscles (a bit like the forearms) many variations of which are functionally useless but often grow as other calf muscles grow.

Super high frequency and volume. Calves recover very quickly so you can work them a lot. They have pathetic ROM, so I recommend really cheaty reps of standing calf raise or lots of heavy yoke. Good luck and don't rip your Achilles.

calves respond best to running imo

go for long walks with a 45lbs plate on your backpack, walking on the sand is optimal because of unstabilized floor

> tfw fit is so autistic it would get get fat for 10 years and deal with the health problems just so they can get great calves were it not for the aesthetic downsides of stretch marks and loose skin

>Tfw calf raise 2pl8 5x8
>Barely squat 1pl8 5x5

wtf lads

fucking this, pretty sure today was his first time on pol