OHP + Lordosis

Veeky Forums I have been back at lifting for about 6 months after several years out and am making good progress. That said, I inherited Lordosis and since I am now in my mid 30's when I OHP it fucks up my back. I have read various technique guides like SS and have implemented them, but it hasn't helped. Anyone have good alternatives or suggestions on how I can prevent lower back problems while still getting good shoulder/upper body development? I have tried dumbbells as an alternative, but it still causes issues. Thoughts?

Bump

You're doing it wrong. Bend at the waist. Squeeze your quads.

i am pretty new to lifting myself, but i had the same problem
i flex my butt, put all my weight on my thighs, and shove my crotch forward slightly, and that took all the pain off my lower back
flexing your butt is the real key here

I guess I am dumb, please explain

??
why don't you fix your lordosis then

How? It's genetic

Do you mean lean forward a bit? Seems like it might help a little.

lordosis is not genetic you shithead

Go to a doctor/physio. There are ways to strengthen muscles, relearn posture, etc etc.

I have fucking scoliosis you fuck you can fix that shit.

No it's not retard. It's from weak abs and glutes, and tight lower back and hamstrings

it's from sitting too much.

Okay except I don't sit much. I was in the military for years and despite having great core strength (maxing every physical fitness test) and humping twice my body weight in equipment, etc. it never went away. Everyone in my family has the same thing. I am not trying to make excuses, just trying to find solutions.

>I am not trying to make excuses
>makes excuses

Try seeing a professional dipshit.

Do you have a congenitally deformed spine?

??
do stretches
work your hamstrings
and at the end of the day its posture, so you just gotta focus on standing differently

I don't see how overhead press fucks your lower back if you can handle weight on your shoulders, obviously you gotta work on your form

It'll be fucking up how he pushes off from the chest.

Bad form and bad posture are like bad habits.

You have to train your body specifically to counter and overcome the faults.

Yes, kyphosis. My upper back curves dramatically versus the standard.
Again, I am open to implementing your solutions if they help.

It's about passive muscle tension. Just because you can explosively activate the muscle doesn't mean it has proper tension during rest. If you sit for more than 3 hours a day you sit too much and that is enough to cause lordosis.

Okay, I don't sit much at my job. How do I fix/gain proper tension?

Yeah, I guess I am doing swayback form due to shit shoulder mobility exacerbating the issue. I will work more on form at lower weight for the time being.