What exercises would help me better with faster head movement and kicks/punches?

What exercises would help me better with faster head movement and kicks/punches?

Probably whatever exercises they're doing at your local MMA gym.

Or a workout schedule of exclusively pendlay rows

diaz is such a monster. how can he take so many hits yet go the full 25 minutes?

punching bag/pads, sparring

We just learn techniques and spar for the most part.

Penis Licks 1 set to failure

If you have experience at a gym like that, why don't YOU tell US what a good workout regimen is. We can critique it and you will have contributed something to the board.

Front lever rows would be better for fighting. Most bodyweight exercises are better then weights for fighters. Thats why they constantly do things like chain push ups and weighted pull ups. Instead of bench press and pull downs.

Wouldn't squats be good for takedowns though?

I've only been their for two weeks but okay.

We do this thing where we parry hits while going backward then go in for a hook while pivoting our hips back.

Another thing we did was jab twice while going forward twice.

We also did this thing where we low kicked the person's lead leg to take them off balance and followed it by an overhand when their stance was off.

Thats a weighted bodyweight move.

True

he has a head like a cinderblock and can take near infinite punishment

short of a josh thompson headkick nothing finishes the guy, and even then he was still moving around and could have recovered

>monster

He is marshmallon from Yugioh

Practicing boxing/muay thai

slow drills on the movement. Its about patterning the muscle memeory for correct technique. Put your mind in the motion, hold where it hurts and plan to do this lots and lots. Might be boring as shit, but this what I was told was the best way. kicking bags is futile I was told.

god and people think nate should've won the second fight

he looked good in round 3 and parts of 4, but got wrecked in 1 & 2

he's literally too stupid to fall down or feel pain

>TFW Josh got robbed against Bendo and just gave up

This is good advice, bit like tai chi.

is there a point in going into MMA or Boxing at age 19 for competitive or is it too late? I could lie to myself and you that i just "want to have fun and see how it goes :^))" but deep inside i would love to start doing it in a more competitive way

Practacing Takedowns are best for takedowns

just try. youre wasting time not doing it

travis browne first got into mma when he was 26. he's a top 10 heavyweight now and could have even had a shot at the title.

if you're naturally athletic you can get good at a combat sport pretty fast. mma in particular since it's still in its infancy and very underdeveloped technically. 10 years is more than enough time to become extremely high level in mma, and in 10 years you'll only be 29 which is pretty average for a fighter (most UFC champs are in their early to mid 30s)

marijuana abuse, he's probably too fucking dense to feel the hits

felt real good watching bendo get stomped by RDA

and then lose the split to cowboy

and then get beaten up by that huge WW in lelator

it felt so cathartic for all the years of shit decisions that went his way, and all the boring no intent to do actual damage garbage strikes he threw

Don't ask Veeky Forums this shit, they don't know
Ask your coach

This

>could have even had a shot at the title

lol edmund

head movement kicks and punches are the only things that will help you get faster head movement kicks and punches. get a punching bag, google how to box

what martial art style is this?

brainless

No gi bjj but good luck pulling this off

Muay Thai fighter here. The only definite way to become a better fighter is to fight as often as possible. The workout for fighting is fighting. Sprints, jump rope, bag work, push-ups, pull-ups, etc are all great game boosters. But you have to fight to get better at it.

You got any advice for step up elbows? I keep practicing but im having trouble getting the initial "lunge" forward and my back foot keeps dragging.

I do taekwondo and I just do cycles. Hypertrophy(mass), Strength(injurie prevention), Power(speed).
Abs 5 days a week.
Kicks 5 days a week.
Cardio 5 days a week.
Saturday and Sunday eat, study, sleep.

Yours, Sport Science grad student.

>Most bodyweight exercises are better then weights for fighters
This is wrong. Strength is an separate dimension from conditioning and technique and the best most effective way of getting raw strength is trough squats, deads, power cleans, presses and chins aka the compounds.

Squat would be good for anything. Ask your self, from where do you generate power to punch? What does the squat train?

For superior fighting condition then pure strength training in the compunds will give you the best bang for the buck. And the reason why Wonderboy Thompson lost to Woodley is because Woodleys athleticism is superior due to his effective strength training.

head movement goes hand-in-hand with proper footwork. you could have all the trunk stability and reactions you want, if your footwork is fucked then you're going to get caught in a compromising position as you try to get away from a combination. dodging and parrying single shots isn't difficult.

striking comes from technique. decades of boxing and martial arts training has taught us that power is innate but you can be faster with techniques which helps with power generation. slow is smooth, smooth is fast, etc.

Abs and hip flexers all fucking day. Also actually practicing kicking/punching. Don't forget to stretch like a madman.

most MMA fighters come into their prime in their 30s, you have plenty of time if it interests you

How did he survive so much bashing from tiny nipples?

Yes, but not only. DL help a lot too. Finally, as for striking power, technique is the main focus.