Aware me on white rice macros, Veeky Forums

Aware me on white rice macros, Veeky Forums.

I see that 1 cup of UNCOOKED rice is about 45g carbs, but what about 1 cup cooked? It pretty much doubles in size once it's cooked from absorbing all the water. So would 1 cup of COOKED rice have less carbs than 1 cup uncooked?

And by 1 cup cooked rice, I mean 1 cup of already cooked rice put into a measuring cup. Not 1 cup of uncooked rice made into cooked rice.

>I mean 1 cup of already cooked rice put into a measuring cup. Not 1 cup of uncooked rice made into cooked rice.
You're comparing 45g of uncooked rice to 45g of cooked rice, right?

Not that hard to understand buddy.

Rice, when cooked, takes up a lot more volume than uncooked rice. I'm wondering how many carbs are in 1 cup of cooked (inflated volume) rice vs 1 cup of uncooked rice

1 cup of rice cooked: 300cal, 68g carbs, 6g protein

Idk where you got the 45g for a cup of uncooked, that's not true whatsoever

its inflated with water, measure the rice uncooked and then eat it

Yes. The reason I said that is because lots of online nutrition labels say "1 cup cup cooked rice" but it really means 1 cup of uncooked rice which was then cooked.

1 cup of cooked rice IS 45g carbs. I don't know what the fuck you're going on about comparing uncooked to cooked.

of course measuring 1 cup of cooked rice is going to be less than 1 cup of uncooked rice because of volume blah blah blah but there is literally no point in doing it

>water is filled with carbs

lol

just because the rice absorbs the water doesnt mean the nutrition facts change

Yes but here is the thing:

You measure 1 cup of uncooked rice using a measuring cup.

Then you cook it.

Now after cooking it, you measure out 1 cup of that cooked rice. There will be cooked rice left OUT of the measuring cup because it has increased in volume due to CALORIELESS water.

What I'm fucking wondering is the fraction of carbs in that 1 cup of COOKED rice compared to the 1 cup of UNCOOKED rice, because obviously it has increased in volume and takes up MORE SPACE per grain of rice, which means the measuring cup will be filled to the brim with LESS rice grains because they are BIGGER

Jesus fucking Christ. Do you people have any hint of reading comprehension whatsoever?

1 cup of uncooked = 2 cups cooked
Calorie wise

Ok thank you.

More like three desu

White rice expands more than brown so yeah I'd say more like 2.5
But brown is a straight 1:2 ratio

>Not that hard to understand buddy.
It is the way you wrote it. Not even thinks like a retard aka you

Usually I see "45g of rice" and the macros listed. Sometimes I see "45g of rice (makes about 125g)." If you're a real fucking autist, call the company, they should have contact info on the packaging.

You're about as dumb as that "microwave time" guy, buddy.

Of course cooked rice has less calories/volume than uncooked. Why are you making a big deal about it?

Hijacking thread to say that according to me, oats are a better alternative of white rice in every aspect. Am I wrong?

Maybe go to the store and find one of those ready-to-eat rice packets? That might give you an approximate value, though the amount of water might vary from something that was freshly cooked.

>Weigh 1 cup of uncooked rice
>Record weight/number of calories
>Cook rice
>weigh new total of cooked rice plus water

For example uncooked weighs 100 grams and cooked weighs 200 grams

100g/calories= x amount of calories per gram for uncooked rice
200g/calories=x amount of calories per gram for cooked rice

>Figure out how much 1 cup of cooked rice weighs

>divide that weight by calories per gram of cooked rice value.

They're not really an alternative in most cases but they're better. Who the fuck wants stir fry with oatmeal

wew lad you're a fuckin autist

>only eating 400 calories of rice in a meal
n-no please stop doing this to me life, i don't want more

>measuring / counting macros of cooked food

this thing is still the #1 most retarded thing I've ever seen in my life

How about you take 1 cup of uncooked rice and cook it and see how many cups of cooked rice you end up with.

Don't be a fucking retard, eat brown rice instead of white.

WHAT THE FUCK SO I'M SUPPOSED TO MEASURE THE RICE AFTER IVE COOKED IT THESE DAMN GOOKS MAKING ME FAT

>measuring food in cups
Tippity kek

>cups
Cunt Americans have to confuse everything with unneccesary and stupid measurements. What twat measures solid food in volumes.

Use grams and kilograms like the rest of the world

this

why would you measure the volume of your food and not the weight? it makes no sense. implying food always has the same volume. it's like you don't even wanna make it when you use this stupid kind of measurement...

X grams of food will be X cups of food, and so forth.

Wow, that was hard.

yea because 1 cup of oats has always the same weight, retard

>The product is packed by weight, not by volume. Some settling may occur during transport

>X1 grams of dry food will always be Y1 calories
>X1 grams of dry food can be X2... Xn grams after cooking and Y2... Yn calories

stupid people make lives harder for themselves

The nutrition data on packages is always for the state of the food as it is in the package.

White rice is cheaper, easier to digest and more likely to be free of allergens. It also has less fat.

White rice is literally only just the carbs and not much nutrients left, unlike the other kinds. It also has a high glycemic index. Enjoy your diabetes, I guess.

>rice causes diabetes
lel
Veeky Forums drinks gallons of whole milk and is worried about a little bit of white rice

Law of conservation of mass my friend. If you cook it without introducing new food sources (frying it with egg or whatever) it will be the same amount of substance before and after.

include me in the screenshot

Have you ever cooked rice?

Sooooo..... 1 cup of uncooked has more calories but more rice (volume) when cooked, therefore 1 cup of cooked has less calories?

Depends how much water it absorbs and what type of rice.

Be a good boy and forget using volumetric measurements. Use weights (g) for everything, even if you are an amerifag.

Holy fuck this thread.