Hi

Hi.
I'm wondering if any fit brothers have had their blood pressure measured as high?
Mine is quite high (145/98) but I'm otherwise super healthy, muscular and fit. 28 yo.

I have been lifting for 15 years and my arms aren't huge, but super dense, and I'm thinking maybe my muscles are too hard and they're fooling the pressure cuff.

The cuff works by measuring how hard it squeezes until the blood is cut off.

Anyway I wanna know if anyone else with hard arms has experienced this?

Or should I buy health insurance? Because I wont take any meds that may weaken me

Other urls found in this thread:

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20019580
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My blood pressure came in at 130/95 a few months ago, but that was after a loooong EQ blast.

Let some blood and now it's hunky-dory again

120/63

Eat a fat dick.

So was even that level considered a problem?

I have a bunch of shit that includes hypotension.

A good panacea for blood pressure is to drink more water. 9/10 times you're sorted either way.

Unless you're actively trying to fuck up the test it's measured okay. If it was taken by a health professional then you just plain have hypertension.

Get health insurance anyway.

120 sys isn't ideal.

Thanks. Yeah taken by a doc.

I guess I do have a problem and its not the cuff

I just measured at 140/89 and I'm an obese fuck. It lowers when I have a good sleep and drink a lot of water. I've had high blood pressure for years and yours is pretty high for someone fit. I'm 280.

tfw skeleton with 85/30 blood pressure.

nothing wrong with me other than just 'good' genetics apparently.

M A G N E S I U M

Liar. You wouldn't be able to function with a BP that low

110/80, 29 yo.

used to be a huge fat fuck and smoker, glad nothing seems to a stuck around

I believe diastolic hypertension can be more dangerous than systolic hypertension, though I don't know how true that is. 95 is definitely a very high number. I've always had generally low blood pressure (used to come in at 100/50) so I wasn't too worried.

That is very low bloodpressure. It would severely impact your ability to breath.

145 isn't that high.

Nearly done with med school, everyone thinks >120 is OMG STROKE!!! :( but in reality I've seen people as high as 240/180 and not have problems. A lot of people with much worse hypertension than you come DOWN to the 140s and they are fine their whole lives.

The thing to remember is that it isn't a problem, it isn't even a pre-problem - it's something that /could/ lead to problems later.

Don't be surprised if you get put on hydrochlorothiazide in a few years to keep it under control, but don't feel bad about it later. You're basically fine.

>but in reality I've seen people as high as 240/180 and not have problems
I too have taken bloodpressure so incorrectly as to get supid high readings. It's a talent.

No, this was in a hospital and was confirmed by multiple people.

I saw a similar BP once during a surgery also. The anesthesiologist knew about it but I guess the surgeon didn't, afterwards he went to recovery and chewed the patient's ass to go see their primary and fix that shit before they have a stroke.

Go vegan. Not even meme-ing.
It's the current year and you have the internet. You literally have no excuse not to do research except for your ignorance.

Ah, an rper. Lovely.

Lower blood pressure than what you described is a medical emergency.

I didn't say I agreed with the guy's decision.

The guy isn't real bro, pls come back to reality. Take your meds.

I have the same issue OP.
143/80 but otherwise im very healthy and fit.
Have tried some meds but nothing really works, so I guess ill just have to deal with it. Maybe try a low sodium diet

I have somewhat low blood pressure (102/60 last checkup). The only issue I have is after doing a heavy bench I get insanely lightheaded.

Diastolic is more concerning because that is the base pressure of your system, versus systolic which is the pressure per stroke which is a lot less involved.

However, blood pressures vary a lot and it's only a problem if it's consistently high.

Single readings mean fuckall - buy an automatic cuff and test daily after sitting quiet for fifteen minutes.

true
but

ITT: several anons at high rick of kidney damage or stroke

over 130 requires treatment

there are multiple medications for HPB and they work on different causes. some reduce water in the blood, some relax vascular walls, ....

none should reduce energy or strength

ignoring this is playing with fire
143, 145, 140... you guys should see a doctor now

and the guy who wrote that 245 is no problem is 254% wrong. if your BP is 245 you are in immediate life threatening danger

145 isn't high but if your blood pressure is 240/180 you do have a problem end of story

240/180 is insane, I'm a paramedic and patients with anything over 220/110 is getting labetalol

100/60 is my average. Used to be 170/100 and had to take beta-blockers to lower it. Want to know what I did to lower it and get off of the beta-blockers? Cardio. Do more of it, 6x/week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

> 240/180

For fucks sake the BP itself is the problem. Get your shit together because the world is already full of bad physicians.

t. Nurse

OP, I have a simillar BP at 25 yo. I'm planing to do more cardio and eat less fat and sodium. 145/100 is allright but the older you get, the higher it get's, and I'm not like to take a bunch of hipertensiva.

You are full of bullshit.

>For fucks sake the BP itself is the problem.
Finally, sanity. Some people are going to be hypertensive no matter what they do, and fixing the lifestyle issues that exacerbate it will go a lot further than the drugs.

At 240/180 they're on their way out.

Think I was around 117/70 which is good enough.

115/76 according to my wrist monitor I just used.

5'9" 187lbs 26yo

120-140 systolic is literally normal healthy range for an adult. I'm a medical professional and am more than happy to call you a moron.

Pls Dr Medical Professional, email the Mayo clinic and tell them to change their info.

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20019580

Genetically I have very high blood pressure
Start to workout increasing my blood pressure
Guys i'm living in fucking hell if I ever get angry or the weather gets warm I begin to look like the human form of a raging boner

>mfw Americans are so unhealthy that the minute they get over 120 systolic their doctors think it's the beginning of the end.

Nurse here, 120 systolic is a pretty sweet pressure, this user is right

OP here. Went to bed before.

Thanks for all the contributions, I guess I better actually listen and get it sorted

My blood pressure is 90 over 60 is that good

I got 130 over 70 but I'm kinda fat at 215 at 5'9", so...

You're around the borderline for it being low by both counts, but that may be normal for you. Good anyway.

These are fat idiots, pre-hypertensive may be normal where you are but it is not ideal. This is the point where you should be making the lifestyle changes, not when you are stage 1 hypertensive.

shitty diet.

>b-b-b-but muh calories in calories out!

tell that to your inevitable heart disease.

145/98 is well within normal. call me if systolic hits 200

140 ish range is high.....if its consistently that high. called white coat hypertension is youre nervous os at the doctors or had a coffee or whatever. its one data point. buy a well-reviewed bp monitor on amazon and test it at different times of day for a couple weeks and see what the readings say.

this happened to me when i went to the doc and i got scared af because it was high, bought my own and did the readings over time and they were 120/80 most of the time unless i was amped up on coffee.

Thanks bro, I stole my dads one and did a measure post-workout and it was 161/63 kek

Being muscular doesn't mean you are "super healthy", you have a shit blood pressure, this means you have a shit diet and cardiovascular system.

Just because fat america regularly clock in as pre-hypertensive to fullblown hypertensive doesn't mean it's healthy

I was like 151/98 a few months ago. I bought potassium salt (sodium free salt) and use it on everything, plus drink a lot of water.

Blood pressure is better now.