How do I get posture gains?

How do I get posture gains?

Deadlift

do you stretch and warmup for example with a foam roller before you lift?
this helps.
Squats helped my posture.
Lifting heavy weights in general.
Important is to sit less. sitting destroys your posture.

for shoulders specifically: stretch pecs and lats

You most likely have a swayback posture.
Protruding head, forward facing shoulders, and a 'swayed' back.

Stretching and proper exercises should even you out.
You should stretch your chest, in order to loosen your pectoralis major/minor that are too tight.

You need to stretch your hip flexors that are too tight, causing a sway in your back.

You should train more abs/core so that you have stability and strength in to stabilize your body, so you aren't compensating by swaying your back.

And finally you should do more squats and train more glutes, so that your butt is pulling and stabilizing more, which stops you from swaying.

And one last thing should be to practise having a straighter 'pose' whenever you sit or stand.

Thank you

assuming your posture is functional in nature (and not structural) then the golden rule is: STRENGTHEN WEAK MUSCLES, STRETCH TIGHT MUSCLES.

chin tucks for forward head position. your cervical flexors are weak and so your strengthen them. your cervical extensors are tight/strong, the muscle imbalance needs to be addressed as well as the spastic muscle.

rounded/internally rotated shoulders are a result of TIGHT/(relatively) STRONG pec major/minor and WEAK external rotators (supraspinatus, subscapularis, infraspinatus, teres minor). the gist of the problem is that the muscles responsible for RETRACTING YOUR SCAPULA (think "pinching your shoulder blades together) are weak and so they cannot counter-act the overdeveloped pectoral muscles pulling your shoulders anteriorly.

this same principle is applied to most posture related issues. you just need to sit and think about the way muscles manipulate joints.

Just keep in mind, if you have bad posture, it took YEARS to get that way... it ain't going to magically go away in a week or a month no matter how hard you strain. Be patient and persistent. Use your integrity to unfuck yourself.

This motherfucker right here, the overhead squat.
People suggesting deadlift forget that you can do them with even with cringe-inducing form.
You can't do ohs with slouched shoulders, rounded back, stiff Achilles tendon/hamstrings, bad hip mobility, etc, basically with bad posture. It will be hard in the beginning and quite some time after but you'll notice the effects much quicker than any other exercise.

Face Pulls

Posture motivation...Just about anyone can have either left or right's posture. It's a matter of will.

I'm right at best, how do I fix it? P-Please.

bullshit myths

What must I do for the muscles responsible for retracting the scapula

you're retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=JA3O0NVb-sk

as the post states: you strengthen your external rotators and stretch your internal rotators (namely your pecs).

that will only address your internally rotated shoulders. FHP (forward head position) requires chin-tucks.

great rebuttal

the whole weak/strong thing is massively overstated.
unless you actively train your anterior musculature and not your posterior, you won't develop any major strength imbalances.
it's mainly an issue of activation and how your body is used to maintain posture.

training the external rotators often helps, but not for the reasons you mentioned.

also, not all muscles that are tight need to be stretched.
muscles can get tight because they are overused, or because they are weak.
you need to address both situations differently.

It could be achieved in a couple of months.
It's all about getting used to your body to 'relax' and 'tense up' certain muscles.

Just found this... looks legit

Anyone want to give me advice to make a bulged disc I've been to pt and gotten an epidural doctors still wants me to get surgery but it's a minimally Bulged disc. What do I do.

kek
but what if you need to look down?

enemy in front of you
not below

Deadlifts
Face pulls
Rear delt flys