Why are chin-ups so much better than pull-ups?

Why are chin-ups so much better than pull-ups?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ScMiOSg33j8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They aren't better.
They are easier.

Both serve great purposes, and if you're only doing one of them, you're the only retard.

Chinups ruined my elbow

Most people can do more pull ups than chin ups

Other way around dummie

Pull ups are better because chin ups use too much biceps

I think you've got the names the wrong way round

How is using the Bizeps a bad thing

RETARDED THREAD, CREATED BY AN EXEMPLARY FAGGOT.

Biceps are an otherwise very easy muscle to train

The point of [blank] ups is to work the back. Why waste the action working a muscle that you can train easily elsewhere?
The goal isn't simply to do the most.

chinups are superior to pullups

>The point of [blank] ups is to work the back
It's a compound exercise. The point is to work several muscles at the same time which is more beneficial for functional strength than isolations.

>Retards who think chinups are a bicep exercise and pullups are a back exercise still exist
baka desu

Nope

This proves it here, mate
Chins ARE a bicep and pec exercise

>posting a literal shill graph as proof

pullups are only visibly better at LT activation whereas they are worse or very close to chinups at everything else. what makes chinups much better though is the ability to use much heavier weights since they utilize a lot more biceps which means you will get much better results from them. once you get to heavy enough weight you don't even have to do curls anymore since chinups will work the bicep plenty.

Actually not true

>one pic without citing study means anything
Besides that theres almost no difference in back activation lmao and look at that standard deviation

hammer grip chins are superior

? The brachioradialis is just as easy to train. The EMG graph posted shows differences so insignificant that it does not matter at all. Biceps involvement does not make it any easier on the lats, the lats still need to go through the same amount of effort.

Yes, chinups are easier. People always make that out to be a bad thing. When it comes to exercise, mechanically advantages tend to be what makes one thing easy over another. If something is easy, make it harder by increasing resistance.

if you only can do one this one is better since is literally a middleground of both

Too bad that most gyms dont have that grip available or at different width

my gym does and i love them

i only do this one type of chin for the moment - back gets too fatigued if i do too many chins on back day before isos

but in prison i did hundreds of chins a day of all variations and got hella hella stwong - can reccommend

Most people can OHP more than they can deadlift too.

this is actually true for me because I broke my back doing deadlift and am now in a wheelchair

I find these the easiest by far

Where do you live?

>Love weighted hammer chins
>Gym only has two bars, one that is a full foot too wide, other is on the constantly used power rack and can't be used if a bar is racked

my gym only has hammer grip and pullup handles, I have to do chins off the place where you tie bands or something. I always bang my head on the top of the rack so I have to lean back when I go up. t.Goodlife

look if your gym has cable crossover machine. they usually have pullup + neutral grip handles at the top. or just use smith machine and do them in there

i assume you are talking about crossover machine if it only has those two grip handles. what you can do is look around cable machines for rowing and see if it has a bar that you can put between pullup bars. the one at my gym fits perfectly and allows me to do chinups. it looks similar to pic related but the end grip is perpendicular so it hooks up perfectly

you can use heavier weights on them and they also have a longer ROM

chinups are master race

too bad i dont have neutral grips though so i can be ssj master race instead

Try going wider maybe. That's weird though I'd figure something like dips or skull crushers would ruin your elbows

>no significant difference between bicep activity for pull ups and chin ups and perfect (TM) pull ups

Goodlife is shit for chinups. They have grips for them on the assisted pullup machine, but if you try to do them without using the knee platform you just bang your shins off the machine.

which one is better, all i see are opinions in this thread

i do pullups because i want to rock climb and think they transfer more

>opinions
>chins objectively allow you to move more weight and have a longer ROM

but for rock climbing sure do pullups

You're doing seated shoulder press, not OHP.

help me Veeky Forums

i can do pullups easy but i suck ass at chinups, whats wrong with me

weak biceps

They're not.

youtube.com/watch?v=ScMiOSg33j8

They're not. They do marginally different things. Pullups train both your lats and your biceps whereas chinups only train your biceps. There are also hammer grip chinups though which train biceps and forearms.

Has to be bait

are you retarded?

this is the same level as the "1-5 reps for size, 7-10 for endurance, 6 reps do nothing" shit

> chinups only train your biceps

0/10

I only do baseball grip pullups bc I don't have a pull up bar and just grip either side of my door frame. Massive forearm gains too

I had a lot of fun doing weighted chinups in the assist machine with the plates constantly knocking me in the balls.

Just grip the top of your door, hang, and do pullups.

How many chinups and pullups can you do, Veeky Forums?

If you wanna fuck up your door hinge, great idea

don't do this. you will bend the hinges or even tear the door down

B-but I made you reply

Wait, hammer grip really is good? Why they so easy then?

because you are using more muscles and have better leverages

>only

Lol fuck no. There's just greater bicep involvement to aid the late.

>late
Fuck me.

lats*

Am I retarded I can do 8 pull ups but can only do 2 pull ups. The position for chin ups just feels so awkward.

>Am I retarded I can do 8 pull ups but can only do 2 pull ups
yes

if you are just starting rock climbing then dont bother with additional training as just climbing will be enough initially.

I would focus more on pull-ups but train both. I can recommend doing body-weight exercises on gymnastic rings as this will also help you to improve balance and core stability which is extremely useful for climbing.

underrated

What the ufck are you talking about
Pull ups are way easier than chin ups

If you were to choose only 2 exercices between dips, pull ups and chin ups and curls which ones would you go for? mind that youre only allowed one type of grip per exercise.

dips and chin-ups.
it's the 2 exercises I do already of the 4 you listed anyway.

Why are dips in that list? The other ones are all back/biceps exercises.

neutral grip pull-ups

Just get one of these for a door frame.

I don't trust those. Or rather, I don't trust that my doorframe is stable enough.

If you can pull youself up on the sides of your doorframe then this thing definitely doesn't break it. It's actually designed to put some of the force into the wall instead of putting it all into the doorframe.

True. Only downside is paint gets chipped, but that allows you to see that the force in driven horizontally into the frame (so your weight would have to be able to crush you frame inwards) and the top of the force goes into the actual wall.

unless you have a really tall doorframe or are a manlet you'll never get full ROM.

They also tear up your wall and door frame

>unless you have a really tall doorframe or are a manlet you'll never get full ROM.
Do you have unfoldable legs?

This is 100% me

why whats the imbalance here. Are my lats far stronger than my arms?