will this routine make me thicc??? help
> 3x8 OHP
> 3x8 Bulgarian Split Squats / Lunges
> 3x8 Pull-downs / Pull-ups
> 4x12-15 Leg press
> 4x12-15 Goodmornings
> 5x15-20 Glute kickback
> 5x15-20 Calf Raises

Replace the leg press with squats and you've got something good.

But thicc is 90% genetics. That girl has a perfect bubble of fat around her legs and ass plus wide hips while still maintaining a flat lean stomach.

>Not posting your diet

Nope. You don't have a deadlift and you don't have a glute bridge/hip thrust.

the good mornings hit hamstrings
okay, thanks.

helpppp

read the sticky bitch

no
helppppp

Why not?

Where's your fucking deadlifts and squats????

>comes to Veeky Forums for advice
>refuses to read the sticky
that's like going to a restaurant and expecting to get the food you want while refusing to read the menu

not the guy you are replying to but, I recommend replacing good morning with RDL. Replacing leg press with squats. And adding hip thrust to your routine.

Not everyone squats and deadlifts

not everyone makes it

someone who wants a big lower body definitely should

>3x8 OHP
> 3x8 Squats
> 3x8 Pull-downs
> 4x12-15 Bulgarian Split Squats / Lunges
> 4x12-15 RDL
> 5x15-20 Glute kickback
> 5x15-20 Calf Raises

Is this better?

dont do such ridiculously high rep sets, you wont be able to add weight that way
lemme help your silly ass out
>3x5-8 squats (lower body movements first since you want to do the shit you prioritize highest when glycogen stores are full)
>3x8-12 rdl
>3x5-8 ohp (upper body movements second because you want to clear metabolites before you hit lower body with more work)
>3x5-8 pulldowns (id rather see you do bb rows but its not a big deal)
>3x5-8 hip thrusts (glute kickbacks are useless, too little weight)
>3x12-15 calf raises (calves seem to do better with high reps for most people)
do this 3x/week, increase the weights as much as you can
eat a bunch for the first 6 months or so, then reevaluate what youre doing and where youre headed

also: never stop learning about this shit, nobody who knows anything is going to completely guide you through this shit (at least not for free)

Why would he need to do either?

Leg press arguably hits quads better than squats, and good mornings/bulg split squats (another quad exercise too) will hit his hammies/ass better than deads.
Plus his faggy little kickbacks. And good mornings will destroy his lower back too.

He's missing out on upper body work, but he makes up for his lower half missing out on squats and deads. He just won't be as strong in those areas, though he'll make gains in those areas if he ever chooses to go back to them

doing leg presses and good mornings instead of squats and deadlifts serves no purpose
doing squats and deadlifts makes you stronger (muh functional strength etc. etc. who cares), reduces risk of muscle imbalance (and thus injury rate), gives a simpler progression
besides, good mornings are a lot riskier than deadlifts due to the instability at the most compromised position
another thing worth mentioning is that its a lot easier to find good instruction on how to perform these exercises safely

but yeah, peak muscle contraction is about the same

just do this babe

I'm not saying he'll get as strong or as well rounded, but if his goal is for size, he'll achieve it and more than if he were doing a simple squats and deads orientated workout.

He does need good mornings though for lower back. Not saying they aren't risky, but he has completely neglected that area outside good mornings and possibly bss if he's doing them with weight

A better question is why isn't he doing bb hip thrusts or glute bridges though

/thread/

This is the routine I wrote for my gf a couple months ago. I think I posted it either here or on r/fitness.

I've left out squats bc I think bulgarian split squats are better for a beginner since it will oblige you too keep strict form while also focusing on posterior chain + adductors. Leg press is there only as assistance work for quads. Even tho the barbell squat is great compound, I think it would be too much on that routine. It's better either to do either squats or bulgarian splits + leg press.

All in all, my gf is getting great gains on that routine just the way it is.

you cant grow if youre injured though

>he

I think op is a femanon who wants to get high test thicc, not gay thicc

How will quads grow with that rep range? That's a little volume :/
Yeah I am female

bump

buuumppp