/vegan/

Anyone vegan and Veeky Forums here? I'm interested in switching to a 100% vegan diet but not sure how to do it properly. I've been doing a lot of research, it seems there are a lot of different meal plans for building muscle on a vegan diet, all of them a bit too complicated for me. Does anyone have a simple, easy way for me to hit all the proper macros and calorie requirements on a vegan diet?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2652467/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6609726
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23030231
ijcasereportsandimages.com/archive/provisional_articles/2016-09/03_Z01_2016040099_CR_prov.pdf
amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Methylcobalamin-B12-Supports/dp/B002FJW3ZY/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I guess I should be more specific, I'm 6'6" and ~206lbs, wanting to continue gaining weight/muscle, basically just need to eliminate eggs and chicken breast from my diet. The only other things I eat is oats and rice/veggies.

Whole plant foods, lots of veggies, legumes, nuts/seeds.

Can you be more specific? Say I want to eat 3 meals / day and consume ~3200 calories, what would that look like for a vegan?

Have some oats, nuts, fruits in the morning, for lunch have some green veggies and beans and rice, for dinner maybe some pasta, also check out soy products (they are proven to not increase estrogen or feminize men.) Maybe throw in a protein shake.

You can make gains eating 1-1.2g per kg of lean mass, so you could probably do 90-110g of protein and make it within that 3200 easily. Protein from vegetables really adds up; 5 servings of broccoli isn't that much food and can be 10g of protein within 100 cals.

>hit all the proper macros and calorie requirements
>on a vegan diet

pick one. Enjoy being dyel forever.

You're retarded

Why don't these people go ovolactovegetarian if they are concerned about animals suffering? Would be a lot easier to hit the required calories and macros. But then again I've heard vegans say that eating honey is bad because we have enslaved the bees (not joking)

What exactly is in chicken breast and eggs that I can't get from a vegan diet? Answer: nothing. The only thing I have to worry about is sources of protein, and eating enough calories.

Honestly I don't give a shit about animals, I want to go vegan purely for the health benefits and as a challenge to myself.

I'm vegan. Lentils, beans, nuts, soy, seitan, fake meats, creatine, glutamine, bcaas, and protein powder. Basically it's including protein into every thing you eat. Also, soylent helps me a lot, at least 1/3 of what I eat is soylent. I feel great as long as I eat well and feel better for it ethically. Dairy is the worst industry honestly.

One thing i love to do it make creamy soups but instead of cream, blend in a can of white beans(and coconut milk if you need more fats).

>What exactly is in chicken breast and eggs that I can't get from a vegan diet?
hmm..idk. High quality protein sources? You are retarded if you think lentils comes close to holding a candle to lean meat.

You're retarded lol

You know what, shit posting won't accomplish anything. I hope you guys make it, just make sure to get your essential fats. That's all that would make me paranoid on a vegan diet.

Plus eating carbs in general seems bad to me. I'm a keto fag. BUT theres a lot of science shit that's still being researched. It's possible the carbs in vegetation arent even bad or the same as in bread and shit.

Nah a little shit posting is in order
>evolved as hunters
>meat is unhealthy
lads...

How can you eat soylent and call yourself ethical? It's 100% GMO garbage. You can't tell me you think Monsanto is an ethical company.

citation needed

Lol

I'm pro gmo. Also farmers do the same thing that Monsanto does. Throw away seeds at the end of season, have their own specialized seed, even organic uses chemical pesticide.

Meat isnt bad for humans, its good for us. but, I have the choice to eat animals or to not. so i might as well not even though it might harder net my own nutritional needs? It's better for the animals.

This guy is obviously retarded, but it's clear that eating meat sources for protein is much more convenient for the society we live in. Rather than recommend he jump straight into a vegan diet (like most morons do, and then fall off). He should try a pseudo-vegan transitionary diet.

Breakfast: oats, berries, pea protein powder (start with your regular whey and change it over time)

Morning and afternoon snacks: These are vegetarian usually anyway, almonds, apples, bananas, sunflower seeds, nutrition bars, pb & j, etc.

Lunches: start with 6 oz chicken, with cruciferous vegetables, and quinoa/brown rice/wild rice. From here lower your chicken amount to 4oz and replace the remainder with lentils/beans. Note that if you replace with lentils and beans, maybe cut down on some of your other grains (to decrease net carbs). Until you're basically eating 0oz of meat lol.

Same for dinner, and you can switch up the carbs to pretty much anything else. Cauliflower pizza, blah blah blah list goes on. I basically ran this for 6-8 months and then I was able to transition cleanly.

DO NOT DO VEGAN

IT IS A BAD MEME AND YOU WILL SUFFER AND DIE SLOWLY

well not rly but keep reading

>I want to go vegan purely for the health benefits

>health
>vegan

pick 1

humans have thrived by hunting and gathering from 2.5 million years ago until about the early stone age somewhere around 300 generations ago (~10k years) when the agricultural revolution happened. thats when grains and dairy were introduced.

while its enough time for some adaptation, the majority of our population cannot tolerate it.

some examples
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2652467/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6609726
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23030231

first two are about schizophrenia and relation to grains and gluten, the third shows successful mood stabilization after a a keto diet (usually complete removal of carbohydrate - fuck off Veeky Forumsfags, medical keto is LOW protein)

an example of a a lifetime autoimmune disease cured by complete removal of grains and dairy (chron's)
>ijcasereportsandimages.com/archive/provisional_articles/2016-09/03_Z01_2016040099_CR_prov.pdf

meanwhile vegetarians and vegans need to fucking supplement essential vitamins

PROTIP: IF YOU HAVE TO SUPPLEMENT TO ROUND OUT YOUR DIET, IT'S NOT "NATURAL"

but i mean if u only care about weight gain/loss im sure its manageable. just dont expect to be healthy.

t. academic

Sources mean jack shit since humans didn't give a fuck about dietary sense until about roughly 200 ish years ago. Not all tribes ate the same exact thing therefor any source related to dated dietary habits is BOGUS

How in the actual FUCK are those studies related to VEGAN diet you degenerate

/vegan/ bro here. Just eat more, seriously that's all there is to it. A vegan diet is less calorie dense so you will be needing more calories in general to consume your daily intake. Other than that, as long as you balance out your greens, legumes, fruits, nuts, oats etc. you'll be ok user.

Not vegan, but vegetarian.

Honestly it would not be difficult to be full vegan and still do my diet exactly.

Foundation: lentils & rice w/chia seed, spices
Fat: butter
Protein: whey
Vitamins: prenatal, vit C
Drink: water, or chai with milk

All it would take to completely veganize it would be to swap butter for coconut cream or something, and to swap milk in my chai for soy milk or something.

Really is not difficult, don't overcomplicate it.

Oh also, whey->some plant protein powder

go pescatarian. legunes, fish, quinoa, and seeds and you hit all your essential proteins.

> fish
enjoy your parasites and heavy metals

Look at Clarence Kennedy's videos on diet. He goes through what tools he uses to track his food, including micros which is very important on a vegan diet because most foods are incomplete and you are required to mix and match in order for it to be an actual healthy diet that is sustainable and won't hospitalize you. Not a vegan but the dude is convicining me with his lifts and his attitude on the diet.

Tailoring your diet to get protein from everything you eat is what you're going for like said. To not become a malnourished Auschwitz survivor, make sure to eat 500cal above maintenance, get 1g/lb of bodyweight at least, eat a variety of whole foods and count your micronutrients once a week.

this is b8, right? RIGHT?

bruh. butter has trans fat. make that switch to coconut for saturated fats and use olive oil, water, or ACV for cooking.

i'd consider eating seafood if the oceans weren't full of plastic and piss and shit and dead bodies and fukushima radiation. :c

I am mad as fuck at the fact that retards managed to ruin the ENTIRE OCEAN

B12.
It'd be better for your body to just go on a vegetarian diet so you can have eggs and milk.

Vegetarian diets tend to increase consumption of milk and eggs to the detriment of their diet. It's better than non-vegetarian, but it's a far cry from vegan. Basically you've eliminated all the good foods from your diet (chicken and fish) and you kept all the bad ones (butter, milk, eggs).

>butter, milk, eggs
>bad

Pick one

OP: Get a vegan cookbook or look up a bunch of recipes.

Buy some vegan protein powder online. Try to get a blended version. TrueNutrition has some good blends.

Buy a B12 supplement that is sublingual (dissolve or lozenge) or drops. Don't get the swallow pills they don't work well. I bought these amazon.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Methylcobalamin-B12-Supports/dp/B002FJW3ZY/

Focus your diet on legumes, grains, and vegetables. Buy some TVP (textured vegetable protein) and fake meats because many of them are very high in protein.

>when reading comprehension and critical thinking are required instead of being spoon-fed
>yfw