Speed

My two mile jog is about 23 minutes, I just started but how do I stop being slow as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hV63DbQ_qSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Keep running

& run longer distances

Get one of your good mates to let a hungry dog after you, then upgrade to a tiger or boar, once you get really moving you can upgrade to cheetah.

Alternatively you could wear nice clothing and jewelry in a bad neighborhood, it'll have about the same effect as being chased by a wild animal.

Godspeed!

It's almost as if you have to train consistently to get better at things

That ideology never really made sense to me.

op you're a fucking retard

jog at an easy speed for 5-10 minutes, then stop and stretch and attempt to motivate yourself whilst stretching.

worked for me and now i run 6+ miles without getting winded at 9min average mile.

also, it takes time and conditioning to progress, dumbass.

also, listen to a podcast or a comedy show or something while you run. half the time you won't even remember you're running.

That sounds like a good plan, I'll give it a go pacing myself. I just thought speed should just sort of like happen after a couple of runs.

if you keep at it several times a week, you'll notice a huge difference in about a month

Chase feral cats, chase chickens.
Run from wild dogs, run from pumas, run from people after you throw enough rocks to make them chase you.

You need motivation to get faster.

How do you chase wild animals without them chasing you back? What's the best animal to run after? Deer?

ur mom xD

I don't understand, my mother doesn't run she has bad knees.

>but how do I stop being slow as fuck

by not quitting the very first moment you start feeling uncomfortable

if you want a detailed explanation that will help you with your progress listen to this:

youtube.com/watch?v=hV63DbQ_qSc

That video really helped. I've never thought about using motivation before.

The only wild animal I suggested you chased was a cat, if I cat chases you and you run away, there is a different problem that needs to be taken care of.

but would deer work?

Yes, and if you get fast enough to catch one Usain Bolt will ask you for tips on how to get fast.

What is the natural habitat of usain bolts?

pretty much the same as a cheetah's

>23 minute 2-mile

Africa, unless you catch one, then it's prison.

With me it was my flat feet. I had no arch in my foot to act as a spring to recover my energy.

I had worked really hard and done all the things one should do, but those years of work only took me from a 14 min mile to a 12 min mile.

Found a place that specialized in custom sole inserts. Guy just about freaked as my foot structure was the worst he had ever seen, my foot flattened 3 sizes on impact absorbing a huge amount of energy and also explained why my shoes never seemed to fit.

After letting my body adapt to the new foot structure the inserts created I broke the 10 min mile barrier, a goal of mine for more then a decade. A short time later I was just a few seconds shy of breaking the 9 min mile mark and my jump high was noticable better. It was like my whole life I was running in mud, and finally hit pavement and took off.

Ok, so my 9 min mile is not that good, but for someone who spent years stuck at 12 it was huge deal.

Been running for a couple years and my average is 9-10 min a mile. I stopped caring about time and just enjoy my runs. Usually go for an hour.

Do you find that you want to run more now that you enjoy it?

Now I do. I would focus too much on time initially. I don't listen to music anymore when I go on runs either.

I wasn't paying attention to my form and could hear how loud my feet were clomping around. Loved running at night but stopped that shit due to skunks everywhere. Nothing beats a night breeze.