Daily reminder that if you can't do 5 muscle ups you are not a man

Daily reminder that if you can't do 5 muscle ups you are not a man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ob94c4do1Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=dzRN9KBzFS0
youtube.com/watch?v=8QlaZ-hvN00
youtube.com/watch?v=vqHjDtAXnv8&
youtube.com/watch?v=p7q0UhxPdLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Prance around on your faggoty rings if you want breh. Make sure to point your toes for maximum elegance.

t. guy who just did 5 muscle ups for the first time

Weights is great, but rings are king. Do both.

If you can't do muscle ups you have failed to perform the one movement that all strong human beings should master though.

I can do 1 one armed muscle up, does that count?

Also strong natty test boost.

Whats good

I_want_to_believe.jpg

Fucking idiot lmao. There is literally no point in being able to do those. Zero real world carry over

What's a good progression to get to muscle-ups? Just do pullups until you can go over the bar?

the closest real world bicep curl we do are putting food and drinks in our mouths
what's your point?

Well, if it's not real world carry over you're interested in, why be so elitist about muscle ups?

L-sit to handstand is far more impressive. Or, dare I say, a 600lb deadlift. Or a 405 clean if you're into technical shit

Any 150lb manlet can do muscle ups with just a bit of consistent training, you think that's impressive?

yeah sure. just remember how non-"functional" they are next time you're hanging from the edge of a cliff or a branch and stacies make fun of you as you wiggle your legs and desperately try and pull yourself up.

Are you actually retarded or something?
Also yeah because squats are so fucking functional. The human being, in its natural habitat, is often confronted with heavy af loads he has no choice but load on his back and then squat down for reps.

you only have to do a pullup at that point before you can swing your leg up

the only useful exercises are muscleups and sprints
t. guy who does only that and is ripped and healthy as fuck

The logic here is perfect except for the part where I can't do 5 muscle ups and I am, in fact, a man. It really starts to fall apart right about there.

I can't do a muscle up but can go from a hanging position on a straight bar to sitting on it by this magical process called 'climbing', which isn't a waste of energy

>Zero real world carry over
Because you live in a small world of small people that can't climb to see over the wall...
because it has both a push and a pull as a bw movement, plus a dreaded transition
Remind me the clean as a weighted counter part, but that's just my opinion.
>Any 150lb manlet can do muscle ups with just a bit of consistent training, you think that's impressive?
It depends what kind of muscle-up, .webm related.

That looks so unnecessarily hard on your shoulders. Enjoy your injury.

If you haven't noticed real world benefit from squats, you're sedentary and have a low squat

Describe the carry over from muscle ups. Better yet, explain why it makes a man when Featherweight manlets have an advantage lmao

>thinking the only way to climb a wall is to do a muscle up
Literally retarded

>the only useful exercises
Not even the memest of meme PTs would stoop to such a stupid opinion

I'm not a manlet

>That looks so unnecessarily hard on your shoulders.
Wow! you earned your PhD with that comment!
Of course it is hard, it's a fucking iron cross!
muscle-up albeit form is ugly:
youtube.com/watch?v=ob94c4do1Ic
youtube.com/watch?v=dzRN9KBzFS0
form is better, but 25kg added only.
youtube.com/watch?v=8QlaZ-hvN00

>not transitioning from muscle up to hand spring after climbing a wall
>doing that literal baby tier side-leg-on-wall move
>not having perfect understanding, control and mastery over your own body and its mass
>not being a gymnast
>still falling for the barbell meme

youtube.com/watch?v=vqHjDtAXnv8&

>me, deadlifting next to Stacey
>go to the water fountain
>as I come back I pretend to trip over the bar as an ice breaker
>slip on some spaghetti tho and fall of that huge af cliff right next to the plattform
>barely able to hang on there
>farmers walks finally proving themselves as usefull
>suddenly I hear a high pitched qt voice and see some blonde hair above me
>"theehe user, got yourself in some trouble, didn you? you are cute though, so I'll give you my number if you make it up. Should be easy, right...d-don't tell me you lack..."
>"...FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH"
>my heart starts racing as I think about all these hours in the gym where I didn't train for this situation
>as I curse Rippetoe, I try squatting the air away
>power cleaning my way up there doesn't work either
>as Stacey starts laughing, I pray to Zyzz in fear of my life
>DRAWN INTO THE DARKNESS HERE
>WITH YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE AT STAKE
>somehow kipp myself up there, in my last desperate attempt to get to Stacey
>"oh honey, I'm sorry but that was no muscle up and how could you please me if you can't even pull yourself up a cliff. Chad does only pushups every day and eats pizza only and is more fit than you. Bye."
>mfw she leaves the gym with muscle up pro Tyrone
Do your muscle ups brehs

>be me at gym
>it's muscleuplet pit day
>owner throws everyone in pit surrounded by 8'5" wall, completely smooth
>almost everyone manages to muscle themselves up effortlessly
>me and dyel first timer give up after ineffectually rubbing the wall with out feet for hourse
>it's me and him
>forced to exchange non-explosive blows for hours until our weak upper bodies give up
>meanwhile the chad and stacies that were functionally strong enough to make it out laugh at us while having gr8 sex as functionally strong people should
>eventually manage to take down dyel and stomp him with my gross, disgusting, useless and effeminate t-rex legs
>mfw it's just another day it the muscleuplet pic
t-thanks coach rip

Just got back from my shitty labour job. There's two guys there who regularly do advanced calithenics movements (levers, manna etc) during our long ass breaks and they're both weaker at the job than my 1.5/2.5/4/5 ass.

Calisthenics is for elitists. A smart person would utilise both, but come on you idiots, there's a reason NFL, rugby etc players lift weights and don't do calithenics

reminder that muscle up is mostly technique and if you can do a pullup you can probably do a muscle up.

prove you can do it

same movement as fucking lateral raise

Literally the opposite. Unless OHP and pullups are the same of course.

Similar movement, much more weight. You can't expect a joint like the shoulder to be able to keep that up for long before you fuck your shit up.

or maybe picking things up and raising them to shoulder level, like suitcases, bags, lifting anything off of the ground ...

>reminder that snatch is mostly technique and if you can do a deadlift you can probably do a snatch

>this is the state of Veeky Forums in 2017

>year of our lord Allah
>not doing lateral raises with bw
It's like you people don't eben lift

youtube.com/watch?v=p7q0UhxPdLY

I've just seen this stuff a few days ago and I was thoroughly impressed. Gymnastics is sick and those guys are strong af