I can't seem to stop folding over in my squat. Wtf is wrong with me?

I can't seem to stop folding over in my squat. Wtf is wrong with me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TglPGPBAt-w
schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/picking-the-squat-thats-rght-for-you
youtube.com/watch?v=e_EjfTRM6qs
youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8
youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Wtf is wrong with me?
You keep folding over in your squat.

would need to see video probably brace is fucked and you have to be actually a little bent over so bar is over centre of your foot, your photo squat on left isnt right either, didnt break hips below knees

Back and Hammies way stronger than your quad and glutes? What's your squat/dl ratio?

>fat "people"

not OP, but I may have this problem, SQ 285, DL 375, so ~77%

You prob have long femurs and or short back.

Willing to bet you're letting your knees slide forward at the bottom. Knees need to be locked in position after about the first quarter of the squat, then you sit back into the bottom rather than crouching down.

Video will confirm or not if this is the problem.

Lower your usual weight, work on form by staring at the ceiling and keeping your shoulders behind your line of sight, slowly progress to normal weight and maintain muscle memory of practice form

Not related to thread but I'm 18 and squat 135 x 5 and dl 150 x 5, will I make it Veeky Forums? Been lifting for 2 years now.

you wasted 2 years

>2 years

im sincerely hoping those are kg's. if not, you haven't been training or eating correctly

Helped me a lot to concentrate on keeping my weight balanced to the center of my foot. When you lean over the weight tends to go to your toes,

How come?

Yes kg.

This is me, however I have been told my my strength coach that I lack ankle and hip mobility, and that is my main problem. If I squat in the correct posture I either cant go deep enough, or fall backwards.

I do. What's the solution?

>strenght coach
>dont know how to find a problem in single most important strenght exercise for athlethe

good fucking joke

and this bulky fatty here have to do greg nuckols like stance in order to get shit right

Your strength coach is an unqualified hack. Ditch him and learn how to lowbar.

Weak quads

Is Cardio one day and lifting the next on repeat except one day of rest enough to engage Auschwitz mode?

He could just be tall, I am 6'2 and I have long femurs and squatting is really hard for me.

I'm 6' and my femurs account for about 80% of my total height. I can squat just fine.

Fag instinct

That's because the ratio of your levers works for squatting. Not everyone's does!

death

>femur accounts for 80% of height

So your torso and tibia are only 10% a piece? what the fuck?

>180cm tall
>144cm femurs
Is this you ?

I've been lifting for 2 months at age 19 and I can dl 110x5.....

How have you been lifting for 2 years and can only dl 40lbs more than me?

kgs

No one has said anything about how he's supporting the bar with his wrists? Can you imagine loading that bar with any kind of weight and holding it? Your hands would literally snap off

lmao, im 6'3

youtube.com/watch?v=TglPGPBAt-w

go away with your bitch ass excuses

Makes sense

schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/picking-the-squat-thats-rght-for-you

>what are ratios

Nigger you do realize your Femur length is different from others.

your femur isn't long, your shin and torso are proportionally longer than average

Also
THANK YOU HUNGRY SKELETON

Can you please explain this ratio element?

>schwarzenegger.com/fitness/post/picking-the-squat-thats-rght-for-you

everyone is able to front squat, this is why im lean over in bottom position cuz of height you need to understand how to do back squat and what is centre of gravity

youtube.com/watch?v=e_EjfTRM6qs

see what im doing at top position to get right?

In OPs picture he's not folding over, he's falling forward because of shitty bar placement or in real life examples, too much weight for weak hips/posterior chain

Can you not read?

>Well, the femur averages 26% of the body’s total height, so measure from your hip to the outside of your knee joint. Divide that number in inches or centimeters by your height in inches or centimeters. If you get .26 on the dot, then you’re average. If you get more than .26, you’re erring farther towards “long femured” and if you get less than .26, you’re erring farther towards “long torsoed.”

coupled with

>Let’s start with the long-femured trainee. Typically this is the guy who can deadlift a house, but whose squat lags a couple hundred pounds behind. If this is you, I’m sure you’ve experienced, time and again, that your biggest problem is pitching forward in the hole. To keep your weight over the middle of your foot, you have to lean waaaay over to counteract your long femurs. For you, your primary objective is picking a squat style that keeps you as upright as possible, decreasing that forward lean so your spinal erectors don’t always give out before your legs and hips.

or

>or you, there are two options. If you can get good abduction at your hips (push your knees way out to the side), doing so “shortens” your femurs, giving you less distance you have to compensate for with forward lean. If this is you, flat soles, either a high or low bar position, and a moderate to wide stance will allow you to stay upright and engage your quads, hamstrings, and glutes in the movement better.

tl;dr if you have long femurs you may need a slightly unorthodox stance,

Why is the squat so damn hard to get right?

Seriously, I need to lose weight something fierce.

my sides needed this today

This makes no sense

Gtfo short femured manlet

Really really working on your ankle mobility and getting weightlifting shoes

Or

Not squatting anymore

how are you man and can't dl 135x5?

scratch that, how are you a human and can't do that?

FOREARMS VERTICAL

/THREAD

>quarter squat
>stance wide as fuck
>wrists at 90 degree angle
check!

this looks like a convenient way to snap your back

>bar vertical
>back tight
>same depth every rep

how exactly? hes form looks fucking good

forgot fat as fuck

If there's a mirror available try to keep eye contact

Activate those hip flexors and do controlled squats with no weight.

Your quads are weak

Been lifting 3 months
>squat 185
>deadlift 235

I pray your stuff is in kgs or you might have wasted 2 years

Is this you?

Loved the part where the weight feel otherwise looking good desu

this makes me feel better.
i've been lifting for 2 years now and my lifts are close to yours
i thought i fucked up my diet and set myself up too far back.

Why is this fat fuck holding the bar like he's doing front squats?

You might have the same problem that I do. Your center of gravity might be in an odd spot due to some extra weight.

kek

>wants to put someone in his place
>posts vid of himself squatting 2pl8 and failing 1,5pl8 bench

you have long femurs and a short torso

prepare for a long unrewarding uphill climb

you have short femurs and a relatively long torso, ideal build for squatting

this

if your hip anatomy allows it, adduct a lot Greg Nuckols style

if not, you will be forced to squat like Layne Norton with tons of forward lean

this might also be a good option assuming you don't PL or WL

squats just don't work too well if your femurs are sufficiently long, the risk/reward ratio for anthropometric outliers is not good

youtube.com/watch?v=Av3LO2GwpAk
youtube.com/watch?v=KGEKRjlZKf8

youtu.be/Av3LO2GwpAk

letting knees drop forward gives a more vertical squat, not a more horizontal one. Are you retarded?

How are ur wrists? :D

>More quads
>Less weight
Pick 2

You probably have no ankle flexibility/mobility see if you sit in a slav squat with your heals flat on the ground

scbp

Hi OP I had the same problem and i fixed it by
1) stretching my hips b4 I squat
2) supporting the bar properly with my wrists
3) lowering the weight and fixing my goddamn form

do with that info what you will