Why are you degenerates not on a paleo diet yet?

Why are you degenerates not on a paleo diet yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=egqf7k5Lzhk&list=PLCC2CA9893F2503B5&index=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh yeah dog I'm going to eat a lemon and an elk fuck you.

Because I don't live in the forest yet

Because my Palestinian body has been adapted for eating farmed and herded food over the last 11,000 years

But I am, idiot

because fruit and dairy is good for you

Because humans didn't eat like that during that era, it is just another high fat meme diet

Because I like foods that actually taste good. Give me one good reason to eat gross ass shit like lemon or pumpkin.

sweet fruits, I call bullshit

Because you look like eating the foods you do. Healthy food is delicious

>no processed foods
>olive oil
Pick one

look like Shit*

Paleo isn't the only way to eat healthy. You still haven't given me a reason to go Paleo.

>GMO is bad

It is.

There is literally no reason to go Paleo. Humans still ate a diet based on tubers and grains before we developed agriculture. Meat was still a part of it, but not anywhere near today's level of meat consumption.

Only retards follow Paleo senpai.

Someone who knows about anthropology and is less lazy than me type up 10 of the 5000 reasons the idea of palo is beyond retarded.

>making a crop more frost or disease resistant affects you in any way

Why?

You realize you're also ingesting all those pesticides?

why are sweet fruits bad? they really aren't that calorie dense.

Mass amounts of sugar.

Do you know what GMO means?

>Hey Veeky Forums, I don't actually know what GMO means, care to make me less of a fucking potato?

Of course man. Almost all the foods you eat have been genetically modified at one point.

Lets take corn as an example. It is the most widely produced crop in the world, but before Native Americans bred it to a point of edibility, it was fucking grass. Isn't it insane that agriculture requires genetic modification?

Or bananas! Wild bananas have SEEDS, and aren't shaped the same! But we BRED them while PALEOFAGS were eating DIRT because it was NON-GMO!

>no fruit, dairy, beans, bread and grains

kys

>no dairy
Absolutely retarded, fermented dairy like yogurt or kefir is full of protein, probiotics and a fucktton of micronutrients while having no lactose, literally the healthiest food ever
Paleo is a shit-tier diet for alt-right redditors who unironically browse the art of manliness and drink bulletproof coffee. Complete meme.

>cheerios are bad

ok mom lmao

>Going to Veeky Forums and shitting on bananas and dairy

you're a fucking retard.

Selective breeding =/= GMO. Selective breeding involves taking the specimens from any given crop that display the most favorable qualities, planting those seeds, and repeat until you get what you're looking for. It is essentially moving it along one of the many possible paths nature could have led it down. You are not introducing any kind of foreign species DNA.

GMO is taking a gene from one species and shooting it into the genome of a completely different species. For example, frost tolerant tomatoes. They took a gene from a fish that lives in the arctic, the gene that keeps it from freezing to death, and inserted it into the genome of a tomato. Never in nature would a tomato spawn fish DNA.

On another note, we have just now begun understanding our genome, the human genome. We only have 26 chromosomes. Plants have far more. There is no way we could completely understand all of the functions of every gene in the plants we are modifying. Sure, that fish gene makes the tomato winter hardy, but what else is it doing. Maybe it's causing the tomato to also produce some kind of carcinogen or slow acting neurotoxin we've never seen before, making it impossible to identify. Plus, GMOs haven't existed long enough for long term effects to have even been studied yet. As soon as GMOs became a thing, they were labeled "Generally Recognized as Safe", no studies required.

Then there's the other ethical issue. Farm A is growing GMO corn, which is patented. Farm B wants nothing to do with GMOs. However pollen from Farm A blows over and pollinates Farm B's crops, and next year when Farm B plants the seeds, they will be GMOs. If the company that owns the patent finds out Farm B is growing their GMO crop without having paid for it (even if Farm B is unaware of the cross pollination), the company can sue the farmer and seize the farm.

Cont...

>beans are bad

really?

No.

Cont..

To prevent Farm B from unwittingly growing the GMO crop without paying for the "privilege", the company made "terminator" seeds. This means the seeds are only good to grow one generation of crops, and the seeds produced by those crops will not grow. So, the cross pollination still happens, but then the following year, none of Farm B's saved seeds will grow because of the terminator gene. That's several years, even generations of that farms seed saving and selective breeding, gone.

Regardless of the science, those last two scenarios (which actually happen, learned about it in my bio-tech class) are enough to turn me against GMOs.

Anyways, the point of GMOs was supposed to cure the world hunger crisis. Here we are, 25+years into the GMO era, and those starving children in Africa are still asking for my 35 cents a day.

>cheerios are not part of the paleo diet

You dense motherfucker

im on paleo + grains and dairy
now fuck off

I don't care if you go paleo idiot. It's the best type of diet if you wanna look and feel good in my opinion

Does rabbit and potato + MRE count?

>Maybe it's causing the tomato to also produce some kind of carcinogen or slow acting neurotoxin we've never seen before, making it impossible to identify.

This is so incredibly outside the field of biochemical probability its ridiculous to even bring up; proteins and cellular complexes are far more selective, specific, and regulated than you're giving credit. To produce either of those things, the gene would have to somehow activate an entire biosynthetic pathway or promote the formation of massive biosynthesis complexes. If this shit doesn't happen when plants exchange, insert and delete entire chunks of genome its not going to happen with the insertion of a single gene. Otherwise Viruses would be making all sorts of shit deadly all the time.
A protein involved in frost resistance, for example, is a structural contributor. It does not have the capacity to do small molecule modification nor promote the formation of wholly novel biosynthesis pathways.

How is chicken a "wild meat"

This is what you should be eating, along with wild game and home grown potatoes.

>eat what we've already been eating for 200,000 years: the diet

>bananas are bad for you
is this a new meme?

I would rather live to be old than do paleo.

t. Vegetarian

> b-but it would be healthy if you only ate grassfed beef from tibet!
> buys cheap ground beef from the grocery store like a true caveman

wait do these people think that "tart" fruits arent loaded with sugar? do they actually think lots of vegetables arent loaded with sugar?

hearty chuckle/10

برا ارقد يا طفل

>thinking that is a bad thing

aspie af

>I don't care if you go paleo
>Makes a thread asking why I'm not Paleo
Fuck off, retard

>implying luna bars are bad
the only ingredients are fruits and nuts

youtube.com/watch?v=egqf7k5Lzhk&list=PLCC2CA9893F2503B5&index=1

oh humans ate coconut and olive oil in the paleolithic?

>2017
>not eating dairy and whole wheat breads for gains
You're never going to make it you retarded faggot.

high calorie, high sugar

spinach has more potassium

bananas are shit

I do, generally. Not as many wild meats but I eat less meat and buy organic. Move my protein sources to veggies and beans, organic chicken/fish.

It's pretty good desu. I look forward to a massive salad at lunch every day.

eating chickens, eggs and oil is not paleo you fucking retards, you think cavemen had oil and chickens?
Paleotards also eat way more meat than an actual caveman would

you sound mad dude, u aight