QTDDTOT - hot chicks bullshit lifts edition

Why do powerlifters arch their back so damn much and have such a small ROM?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=enRx1X7dQRI
youtube.com/watch?v=Db6tIH35-R8
youtube.com/watch?v=Vur8zwc1EaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

because it's legal and they can lift more weight

Here you go fucboi
youtube.com/watch?v=enRx1X7dQRI

how do you brehs manage your personal belongings in the gym? e.g. water bottle, towel, phone, fractional plates

do you take a small bag around?

How the FUCK do I fix my butt wink when I squat? I've tried box squats for weeks but I always end up doing it when I have nothing under me

butt wink isn't necessarily a bad thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=Db6tIH35-R8

I have a duffle bag that I just carry around with me

stop worrying about it.

Are there any bicep exercises that benefit from having good shoulders?

Basically swam all throughout high school, so have ok-ish shoulders but absolute dogshit biceps.

Do I just stick with curls?

Is intermittent fasting legit or am I about to be memed? Going to test it out for 3 months starting today and see how I go.

6'2"
Maybe around 23% bodyfat
I've tried to "cut" since january but I've made no real progress. I'm seriously doing it now since last week. I started taking 400 mg of caffeing with 500 mg of green tea and 20 mg of yohimbine. Do they actually work? My cut is at 2300 cal but due to cost and school reasons I only get around 150g of protons a day. Am I going to lose a signifigant amout of muscle if I'm aiming to go down to 205 lbs?
Lifting stats:
OHP: 95 x 3 reps
Bench: 215 x 1 reps
Squat: 275 x 3 reps
Deadlift: 405 x 1 rep
I also feel like my lifts are all over the place.

Just use a bookbag. I've had mine for years.

I keep my clothes, water bottle, protein shaker, headphones band, wraps, straps, chalk, fat grips and a lock in it. Take what you need out, chuck the rest in a locker.

> Am I going to lose a signifigant amout of muscle if I'm aiming to go down to 205 lbs?
> those stats

Chances are good that you barely have muscle.

Lower your calories and/or add cardio before going for the stims. Keep those for when you actuallyneed them.

PS: That's a lot of fucking caffeine.

You should always have an arch in your back when you bench so you can raise your scapula and better protect your shoulders

>1,800 calorie diet
>Cheat day every Sunday
>Consume 3-4,000 calories on cheat day

How many of these over-TDEE cheat calories does my body store as fat? I'm assuming nearly every last one as a natural survival technique?

Yes it is you idiot. Buttwink is your hamstrings pulling your glutes down to get into position. This takes tension out of the hamstrings and glutes and puts pressure on the lower back. Basically if you have buttwink it's because your hamstrings are way too tight and you need to stretch them and do more mobility work.

no shit. watch that video

Newbie gains. If I train hard as I can and eat best as I can, they will stop one day. Question is, if I don't train/eat to the maximum, will they stop at the same time as former? Or does everybody has his "newbie gainz" limit which he will meet not depending on time spent lifting, but rather than lifting and eating well?

can i use a machine caliper to measure my skin fold instead of having to buy an exclusive plastic shitter?

Technically no biceps exercises should involve shoulder engagement so no

idk, but for maximal accuracy it should be done by a doctor

Can someone give me that picture of 'hardgainer' with what he think he eats and what he actually eats?

Do your pants have pockets?

>95 OHP
>215 Bench

Confirmed i got some shitty bench form ;_;

>tfw 135 lbs OHP
>tfw 176 lbs bench...

I think I have a cold. I'm only on my warmup, up to 80% of my intended work set, and I'm fucking dying.
Permission to have a pussy 80% workout, sir?

Hey, I'm currently doing 1200kcal a day because I'm retarded and want to be skinny for summer, just wondering if it would be better to up my calorie intake since I am overweight and have worked out less than a month (lose fat/gain muscle at the same time a possibility?).

My current plan is to lose weight (currently 88.6kg from 106kg at New Years) until I'm in the 75-85kg range (1200kcal daily) and then eat a 500kcal surplus while continuing going to the gym 3 times a week (phrak gslp which I will be doing either way, upgrading to 5d/wk split when I plateu). At 1200kcal I will end up around the 75kg range when summer starts so the choice is either lose most weight now (current plan) and be a dyel skelly when summer starts or up my calorie intake to a -500 deficit and make slow fat loss progress (safe tho) but maybe gain some muscle (gonna end up around 85kg around summer time if I do this, not taking into account muscle gain).

So, 75kg dyel skelly or ~85kg "chubby" slightly more muscular, any thoughts?

can't compromise my form breh

187cm btw

>Chad Wesley Smith so thirsty for her he actually made this drivel.

Anyway who cares if girls arch, its boring seeing a 1rm of 180lbs even with it.

Scratch that, no permission needed, I just fucking can't.
God damn it. It's the weekend too, this is supposed to be my time to kill it when I'm free of sleep deprivation.

What can I seriously do at 5'6"? Is there any point?

I have steady weight gains for some month now.
However I have the feeling that the only bodypart that gains is my belly.
Shit genetics or is there something in my diet I can optimize?

You can either stay at home crying about it or just rock your height (which you had no say in).

Choice is pretty obvious cunt.

Don't watch it then

Can a bulged disc be healee through swimming its been hurting since November and pt isn't helping

Got fucking damnit, scratch even 80%, tried lifting the bar again and noped the fuck out before I'd even stepped it out of the rack and then had to sit down, I can't do shit. Fuck this shit. I haven't been sick since I started lifting, this sucks so much ass. What a shitty fucking way to round off the weekend.

>rock your height
Did you read my post correctly? I'm starting to see little point because the more muscle mass I am building doesn't look attractive, it looks silly.

Seriously, get off Veeky Forums. No one gives as much of a shit about height as these autists.

A girl will date you if you're taller, or if you're equal. It'll be harder, but it's far from impossible.

Too bad none of those will make your brain work better. Cheat days are retarded in and of themselves, but eating 4000kcal when you're cutting at 1800 is double digit IQ tier

>the more muscle mass I am building doesn't look attractive, it looks silly.

If you're gonna make those claims, post a photo or at the very least your stats.

What kind of scenario is that? Anyway yes

You only look stupid if you roid at 5'6 and even then most roiders won't even hit a 1200 total which looks fine at that height.

What does this even have to do with anything? I will either look unimpressive with normie gains and anything after looks excessive and unproportional.

So from what I gather you think you've reached your peak attractiveness possible for your height?

I can give you a hundred reasons why you will never be done improving, but you're just gonna shut it down, you need to legitimately work on your mental health just the same way you work you body, your mindset is shit.

Stats?

From 190lbs (86kg) in December to 202lbs (92kg) today. Height 6'5". Still skinny ass

>you think you've reached peak attractiveness for 5'6"
That's correct, albeit not much to be proud of. I'm being difficult to work with so I'm not going to bother anyone any further on this topic

Hit some PRs this past week.

BP-30lbs
SP-15lbs
Curl-15lbs
Squat-0lbs
DL-0lbs

If I keep going at this rate, I might be lifting what normal untrained people lift by the end of the year.

75kg @187cm is spoopy skeleton land. If you weigh 88 now you're probably not fat by normies standard so (bf%?). Cut less so maybe you won't look like shit when you're done, honestly I would just recomp and trade a bit more of fat with more lean mass

STRETCH FAGGOT

I have a set of dumbbells. Is there any reason to do a couple of sets of biceps/triceps every day before bed in addition to gym sessions? I want big arms.

>Thoes stats
>That weight
>That body fat
Try again

Caffeine and green tea won't do much, yohimbine will do basically nothing at your bf%. Eat less and stop looking for shortcuts you fucking failure, you already wasted 3 months

Calisthenics since your FRAME and HEIGHT will allow you to be bretty good at it (theoretically) and people are always impressed by muscle ups and the sort. Also leave Veeky Forums or the inferiority complex will haunt you forever

What are some good cheap sources of protein?

I eat lentils, but that's like 10g protein per 100g. Fish is alright, but I get a bit sick of it. Between eating lentils, fish, and protein powder, I only end up getting about 60-70g a day, which is about what's recommended by the NIH, but not even half of what I should be taking according to lifters.

Not sure if I want to down like 10 shakes a day.

Lifts and routine? 2 kg a month isn't too much IF you're a beginner and train hard enough, but if you think you'ee gaining too much fat too quickly eat at a smaller surplus or recomp

How can we know if we don't even know what you do at the gym?

First off, 0.7g proteins/lb is more than enough; secondly stop being a bitch. If you only eat 60-70g of proteins a day it means you're eating fuckall in general and if you don't eat you don't grow. Try nuts and chicken I guess

>That's correct
Wrong.

Seriously keep the mental health thing in mind though, sounds like your next personal improvement adventure, you're gonna make it.

>normies standard
Yeah I wouldn't consider myself fat but definitely on the larger side (large thighs and flabby midsection, 25.2 BMI). Haven't gotten my bf% properly checked but according to this image I'm probably 25% to 20%.

Full body routine a couple of times a week. Nothing serious.

how can i add more width to my triceps, Veeky Forums?
>tfw work them more carefully than biceps and theyre still smaller

I just bench shoulder width so I don't even have to isolate them.

Doing SS with some adjustments due to Hip issues.
Front Squats: 1pl8
Bench: 110lbs (including bar)
OHP: 70lbs (including bar)
Rows: 88lbs (including bar)

Its not that I gain "too fast" its just the problem that I have the impression that only my quads and belly grow.
Calories ~2800 a day.

Veeky Forums I am confused; is locking out good or bad? when do you do it and when do you dont?

onw hat excercise you idiot

>French press
>overhead tricep extension
Use heavy weight

So you dont fuck up your shoulders? Unless you lift your butt up

any of them desu. i have this friend whos selling my circle the idea you shouldnt lock out anything. I was under the impression you should always lock out

BRRRRRRRAAAAAAP

Could I get a form check?
>youtube.com/watch?v=Vur8zwc1EaU
I feel like the path of the bar is wrong, like it comes forward on the way down then corrects itself on the way up. Not sure though.

Heavy lockouts or just partial bench Press.
So super heavy training and some pump stuff to get a better mind-muscle connection

Locking out is normal.

Good: full range of motion and a bit of rest, also you work your stabilisation muscles.

Bad: for pump work or with tendonitis (gymnasts and pull ups are a great example)

Not an expert, just my opinion:

Looks okay, but you're right your butt comes up first out of the hole.
Chest out and/or elvate your heels.

Also push your knees outwards and think about sitting between your legs but chest out/up.

when I hit a certain (not that high) weight on my squats my hamstrings are killing me the next 2 or 3 days.
like really killing me.
my quads, for example are only a little sore.

is this a mobility issue ?
should I do some hamstring mobility?
is there a particular routine ?

I feel like you're actually doing good mornings and not squats.

not enough potential

Does masturbation lower test levels?

I made it 7 days without fapping. I just fapped to random softcore pictures I have accumulated over the years.

This isn't a question its a confession. Father please forgive me.

nah , I'm breaking paralell.
also I was doing hack squats the last few months because I had a problem with my hip.

I started lifting 2 months ago and I've had diarrhea twice since then. Both times I didn't feel sick otherwise, so it's not food poisoning or some other illness. Last time before that was probably years ago.

Could it be the artificial sweetener in my protein shakes? I only have 1 scoop/day. Would eating more fiber help?

You have been forgiven.

How much weight is a pl8?
And is it counted as x kgs in each side of the bar or x kgs combined?

Pretty sure theyre together senpai

Will a short hiit (10min max) after my strength training hurt precious gains?

1pl8 is about 45lbs ~20kg. And is counted as olympic bar + xpl8 on each side.

Thanks.
So to be completely sure I understand, (olympic) bar + 40kg = 1pl8?

After my workout some of my muscles just so feel tired and heavy, I had trouble sleeping last night because my delts felt tired and achy.

It's not DOMS, they just feel dead and heavy.

Despite me being in a calorie surplus and only training them with 3 sets or DB upright rows and 3 sets of lateral raises.

What can I try to reduce the feeling?

If it is 20kg each side = 40kg then yes.

Olympic bar with 1x 45lb (or 20kg) on each end.

Total weight: 60kg

stretch

>nah , I'm breaking paralell.
That's not what he meant. You may be leaning forward

Stretch those hammies!
I started doing this stretch every time i squat or deadlift a few weeks ago and my form has already improved noticeably.

spine pain, around the level of the bottom of my shoulderblades after rack pulls, did i fuck up a disc?

>a two joint muscle is stretched when it is actively being shortened as much as possible at one end
>this will someone result in it "pulling" your "glutes" "down".

youre a fucking retard bro

If you lift or do cardio that day then your body should use some of those extra Calories as fuel, but you should probably assume any left over will be stored a fat.
Frankly you should probably not eat that much even on a cheat day.

Why do all the fingers (except thumb) on my non-dominant hand go numb when I'm doing high-bar squats?

>0lbs PR
did you somehow lift negative weight before

fuck your question, moar of the grill pls

So how long and how many sets?

spine pain, around the level of the bottom of my shoulderblades after rack pulls, did i fuck up a disc?

What should I train to be able to crush a watermelon with my thighs?
What will my lifts be like by the time I can?