explain

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21167687
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21373871
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15741266
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6298507
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You gotta stay on keto to stay fit.

How the fuck does that work? The burned fat just returns from dimension X?

Sudden influx of carbs made your blood sugar go up.

N...no it comes from z. You regain the carbs.

I still don't understand how it should affect after a few months. It's not like I am devouring 1000 extra cal after changing the diet.

Are you eating carbs again? If you are than you are regaining the weight it gave you.

You were counting your calories or TDEE wrong

>it's literally that simple
>keto is a meme

so you mean to tell me that calories aren't calories, and that carbs are the root of the weight gain?

not op but something isn't adding up here.

So who should I believe here >_>

Maybe get back to keto just to be safe, even if it's a meme.

because calorie counting is a meme

Dude it's simple fucking science.

>matter CANNOT be created nor destroyed
>2000 calories from anything is equal to 2000 calories of anything
>losing weight is calories in vs calories out
>no meme diet will change this fact of life

Your counting wrong

Only reason keto works is because they can keep their cravings in check since you get bacon and shit.

>be on keto for 2 weeks
>lose weight
>my schizo symptoms become less pronounced
>save money on food
>gyno shrinking
feelsgoodman

I've been on keto for about a month now and I've dropped like 15 lbs of fat. feels gr8. haven't even been that tempted to cheat, worse I did was eat a quiche and didn't realize it had crust (I've only had like one other quiche in my life and it didn't have a crust)

but you can eat like 30g carbs a day and u will still be in keto.

nigger just go vegan and eat lentils

>just go vegan and watch as your strength gains fall through the floor and you find yourself winded doing to exercises you used to find easy

do you think begans eat nothing but fucking grapes? do you have any sources to prove your point?

>do you think begans eat nothing but fucking grapes?
No but now I suspect that is all they eat. The visual of it is goddamn hilarious

It's almost like if you deprive your body from a specific thing, it loses adaptation, and goes overboard when you reintroduce that same specific thing.
*insertmindblown.gif*

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21167687
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21373871

So carbs matter, not calories.

Unironically this. Keep in mind that where the calories come from does have an affect on your body composition.

if u went out of keto its normal u gained some weight back, as your body got carbs again, but im sure youre just counting wrong

Keto is the best change I ever made.

No more depression, anxiety and I have gotten lean.

sometimes when u go out u wanna eat something, or u forgot to meal prep and u have to buy something to eat. What do you do it times like that?

Its really easy my dude, just buy burgers and don't eat the buns if your out and can't prep meals, buy pre-made salads from the supermarkets too.

ye that makes sense. or ill buy sausage and eat it like a savage

>dude, a calorie is a calorie, lmao
>dude, calories in calories out, lmao

Higher carb intake = higher blood sugar.
Higher blood sugar = higher insulin levels.

Insulin is the molecule that is responsible for grabbing blood sugar and turning it into body fat.

If you have 0 insulin you literally cannot fat even if you eat 10k calories per day. You would eventually die. This is what happens in Type 1 Diabetes patients. They have to inject insulin so their body can produce body fat to stay alive.

If you have extremely high insulin, you literally cannot burn body fat even if you are in a caloric deficit. The insulin prevents body fat from being burnt, and instead your body just slows down your metabolism.

To maximize weight loss you not only need a caloric deficit, but you should minimize insulin levels by avoiding carbs, especially high glycemic index carbs like processed sugar.

they both matter, 2000 calories of sugar isn't the same as 2000 calories of 40% carbs, 40% fat 30% protein

that broscience

>I did a diet that makes me lose water weight
>I'm surprised when I gain it back

Memes.

>being this retarded
Kek.

you're really fucking retarded.

go build muscle just eating donuts and let us know how you go then
that's not broscience but feel free and eat as much sugar as you want

not all calories are the same, if that were true you wouldn't need protein and there'd be no such thing as sugar highs

I know protein is the only important fuel but should I focus more on carb or fat heavy otherwise?

>i know something that isn't true

Fat is necessary. Carbs are not.

if you don't eat processed food you don't need to count calories

honestly, thats too simple. so you are saying eating 2000kcal of sugar vs healthy food will result in the same body composition, energy levels, muscles gains? if thats not true, its not simply a matter of cal in vs cal out.

Yeah whats up with this? This is retarded.

Were you eating at a deficit, maintenance or surplus? I ask because I'm trying to recomp on keto and wondering if I'm doing the right thing by eating at 25% deficit.

I read that the body that is keto adapted will draw extra energy from body fat to fuel muscle synthesis and everything else it lacks energy for on a deficit, such that eating maintenance on keto is as effective enough as eating on a 800 kcal surplus on non keto for making gains. Again tho, please tell me how you were eating.

You're wasting your time. These people have read the sticky and are now experts on nutrition.

No u.

I personally wouldn't call keto a meme. It's very effective for weight loss because proteins, fats, and high fiber foods are all very effective for satiating appetite.

When doing Keto, most normies eat under their TDEE because they just aren't as hungry, and their blood sugar isn't flying all over the place.

However when the normies start trying to say all carbs are bad simply because they don't eat good carbs in reasonable amounts, that is when it becomes a meme. Carbs are a very effective energy source, and when properly incorporated into a diet more effective for building muscle than eating protein alone.

>Yeah whats up with this? This is retarded.
Both in and after Keto I had around 600 calorie deficit.

this. ultimately it will come to calories in vs calories out (it doesn't matter if you eat only 'clean and healthy food' but consume over 4k calories, you will become fat. Simple as that, though it's hard as fuck to eat 4k cal daily purely from salad and chicken etc.)

but there is soooo many little factors that come into play depending where u get ur calories from. micronutrients, energy levels, satiety, trans fats, blood sugar, insulin resistance etc. the list just goes on and on.

>>Yeah whats up with this? This is retarded.
You mean the diet differences? Basically carbs are the biggest most cancerous meme in the history of all of creation. There is so much literature and YouTube videos on the benefits of keto across the board and the detrimental effects of carb consumption. Google "consider this keto YouTube", "what I've learned" has some good videos on sugar, and videos of lectures by Dr. Stephen Phinney and Dr. Jeff volek together or separately are GOAT. I'm on mobile so I can't link but this is probably better since those are three very vary solid sources.

>Both in and after Keto I had around 600 calorie deficit.
Thanks, OP. Then I'm on the right track. Currently eating a 550 is kcal deficit.

>Basically carbs are the biggest most cancerous meme in the history of all of creation.
Bullshit.

Keto is great for fatties and dyels, but if you ever try getting big on a keto diet you'll be wasting your time.

Carbs are exceptional for replenishing glycogen allowing you to work out harder and more often. They're also a very dense calorie source which helps ensure your body will be using your protein for building muscle rather than fuel.

If you're trying to lose weight then by all means, keto is great, but for those of us who actually want to get big, carbs are a necessity.

Literally all of that is wrong, including and not limited carbs being calorie dense. 1 gear of carbs has 4 calories to fats 9.it is possible and easy to get big on keto. Look at literally any keto bodybuilder. You've been misguided.

>1 gear
1 gram, fuck

And by cancerous I meant that cancer cells metabolize glucose readily but ketones not so much, if at all. So what you will see in someone on a low carb high fat is the shrinking of tumors and cancer cells. This is documented. Which makes carbs literally pro-cancerous.

Except it's not wrong at all. I never said carbs were more calorically dense than fats, and every keto body-builder I've ever seen is blatantly on gear.

I get it you love Keto, but if you ever get skinny and decide to try putting on muscle, don't be surprised when you plateau pretty quickly.

>every keto body-builder I've ever seen is blatantly on gear.
I should specify that some body-builders use the keto diet to cut very effectively, but they sure as hell aren't keto when they're bulking.

I'm talking about the idiots that claim they're big because of the keto diet, but have obvious roid skin.

Joe Rogan said low carb diet raises test levels

fat => test so this makes sense

>Piana Keto
>carb up on exercise days only so your blood sugar level won't get fucked up
>lose fat while staying supple and thicc

WHATEVER IT TAKES

how is this possible? Does he have an enormous layer of fat UNDERNEATH his abdominal muscles?

He is The Tom Platz of abs

you probably started keto calculated your tdee, ate your keto diet at a deficit. lost your fat , switched off of keto and started eating at maintenance without recalculating your tdee. you need to adjust your daily cal intake the more you lose weight.

Even though you are technically correct, the way you framed your reply making it sound like every gram of carbs mean you cannot be lean is why you got bro science replies.

0 carbs is not the only way to lose weight. Also, why would you want to keep insulin levels low for long amounts of time? Insulin isn't only useful for fat loss

>However when the normies start trying to say all carbs are bad simply because they don't eat good carbs in reasonable amounts, that is when it becomes a meme

This. Thank you.

Fat? You think thats fat? Fat Fucking Lenny huh? 330 pounds of solid muscle you cookie cutter

Low carb reduces test production and increases cortisol levels
Tons of sources look it up

50% of Sugar and high glycemic carbs turn directly to fat. I lose twice as much weight per month on keto.

He very well might have tons of fat around his organs especially with the roid abuse.

no

thats only because you eat less on leto

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15741266
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6298507

>One of the side effects of a low-fat diet is significantly reduced testosterone levels, one study showing a reduction of 12% after 8 weeks on a low-fat diet

Keep shilling high carb

>Higher carb intake = higher blood sugar.
>Higher blood sugar = higher insulin levels

It's not that simple.

Penuts are the snack of the gods. High in calories but they will fill you up and give you good fats

Clarence is vegan

Fats give you heart attacks.
Carbs give you fiber, vitamins and over twice the volume for the same caloric value.

These aren't your grapes. They're my grapes. Get your own grapes.

>fats give you heart attacks

You're fucking stupid

You'd be surprised how easy it is to reach the carb limit. Cheese, vegetables, etc still have small amounts of carbs and they build up quickly if you aren't careful. I'm sure the crust on a large quiche is at least 30g. I didn't eat the end part though, only the bottom.

That wasn't even the dumbest part of his post.