/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Why does nobody make new threads until 400 posts edition

Last thread exceeded 300 lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17890496
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26138004
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697260/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10479226
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3414590
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19039316
youtube.com/watch?v=BOyebcrVWb4
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fish/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why are you giving bad advice for fat loss in the OP?

>it's another weekend edition where everybody discusses how much they cheated
does anyone else actually just save up 800cals for the day and have a couple beers and then go home without stuffing their face? Weak willed fucks

>replying to yourself

post your goal physique /fat/

Confess your cheat meals.

Do females really lose weight slower than males? I'm not even losing a pound a week. I've lost 40 pounds in the past stretched over the course of 8 months. Maybe I'm overthinking it
5'6
TDEE is 2015 and I'm averaging 1400 calories a day. Been lifting 3 days a week and cardio 2 days

females burn les calories dumbass

Chorizo and eggs w/ rice, beans, carrots, and flour tortillas from a taco shop.

Only eat one large sub-TDEE meal and a couple pieces of fruit on cheat days.

9 months ago I had a 6 pack. I also broke up with my girlfriend and started being a sad cunt, not working out just eating to try to maintain muscle mass. Now I'm sitting around 30% bf and my old clothes don't even fit anymore. My 2-4dnp arrives in about a week so I'll probably just do a suicide cut with mass stimulants and psmf. I just want to be able to go to the beach shirtless without feeling ashamed. It's the only thing I've been looking forward to in a while.

Thanks, baka

>Hate myself for being a fat slob
>Comfort eat the pain away
>No motivation to change, because I am an unloved fat waste of space so why bother
Feels bad man.

I miss sweets so fucking bad.

Hating myself was my primary motivation for starting. Gets really easy a month in.

pic related

The thing is I can never stop once I start eating sweets. I'd finish that whole thing

It's 240 calories a pint

that's less than an average protein bar and with more protein

also stop being a child

>Hating myself was my primary motivation for starting. Gets really easy a month in.
I've hated myself for over 10 years, if it was motivation it would have already helped.

I spent around the same amount of time hating myself, always thinking I would just spend a couple months some time in the future to get healthier and just be done with it and show everyone that I wasn't always going to be that fatass. But I never did.

Then one day I was thinking about it and I realized that every single day I waited would be another day I had to make up for and the harder it would become, so I just started that day.

You don't need to be motivated, you just need to do it. And if you choose not to then you are choosing to be a fat slob.

I might try one of these out. What's the best flavor? Or do these just taste like a protein bar in ice cream format?

They taste like ice cream, my favorite so far is the salted caramel.

Gotta eat them slowly and while they are a bit melted. The texture while frozen solid is flaky.

>cosplaying
fucking disgusting

>replying anything but this

we did it, reddit
6.2lb from not being obese for the first time since high school

i messed up my back. from doing cardio, of all things.

how accurate is the tdee calculator in the op? i strictly monitored my calories this week, stayed 1000 calories under maintenance, and didn't lose any weight.

probably water weight. You can vary by like 5 pounds day to day. So you can be consistently losing weight for 3 weeks and just not see anything on the scale

Just gotta stick to it

What stats are you and how many calories are you eating? Be precise if you actually want help.

>5'7"
>207 lbs
>29 y/o
>recommended tdee based on light exercise, 2561 calories/day
>i ate 1500 calories a day every day this week

Always go off of sedentary, and don't calculate exercise into your calories. Regardless it's probably still just water weight/shit.

>how accurate is the tdee calculator in the op

Very inaccurate as all of them are. You can't possibly accurately estimate a person's energy expenditure from just their body measurements and a vague description of activity level. The variance between individuals is very large due to different daily activities whose effects on energy use are very hard to predict.

Your real TDEE is the amount of calories you ate when you observed your weight being maintained.

But do also consider that you need to be accurate in your weight measurements. You can't draw the conclusion that you haven't lost weight from two weighings a week apart because weight varies randomly. You should measure daily right after waking up and draw your conclusions by comparing weekly averages only.

First for "A vegan diet was associated with significantly greater weight loss than the NCEP diet at 1 and 2 years." ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17890496

>Overall, individuals assigned to the vegetarian diet groups lost significantly more weight than those assigned to the non-vegetarian diet groups
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26138004

>Meat consumption is associated with obesity and central obesity among US adults
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697260/

>vegans had lower total- and LDL-cholesterol concentrations than did meat eaters
>Mortality from ischemic heart disease was also positively associated with estimated intakes of total animal fat, saturated animal fat, and dietary cholesterol.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10479226

>Mortality from ischemic heart disease (IHD) was significantly lower in the vegetarians than in the nonvegetarians; the difference was especially marked among the men.
>serum cholesterol and body mass index were lower in the vegetarians than in the nonvegetarians
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3414590

Fuck off with your vegan shit. So that nobody is fooled by this:

The reason vegans lose more weight, is because animal products are more calorie-dense -> people on diet eat too much of them easier. It's harder to overeat your diet as a vegan.

Only thing that matters is calories in/out.

>it's harder for vegans to eat cheat meals therefore vegan diets are inherently better
you can stop posting this now

I haven't lost a single kilo in 3 weeks. It's like I'm stuck at 112kg permanently. I run 4km every day, count calories and restrict myself to about 1800. What should I do? When will I start losing again?

sounds like you aren't counting properly
or

You realize you how flawed these studies are? You can compare a super unhealthy vegan diet (nothing but oreos, cake, sugar, etc.) and compare it to a very healthy normal diet (oats, lots of veggies, lean cut meats, etc.) and say "wow vegans are super unhealthy compared to meat eaters"

Vegans are usually healthier than non vegans because they are usually more health conscience than their average meat eater counter parts. You are on a fitness board though, most people here (ironic in /fat) aren't eating KFC every day.

Think the country with the highest number of centenarians (100+ years old) is japan and their diet is definitely not vegan.

>Why does nobody make new threads until 400 posts edition

At 3 am last night it was at 330. Nobody is going make a new thread at 3 am

Wine

Cut at 1500, run longer, and see if anything changes. You're probably not using a food scale to weigh food, are you

Yo I am legit craving fries so fuckin' bad. I don't even know why. Gonna be a few hours until I can eat something too. Kill me.

There's no chance I'mma eat fries but I can feel my brain trying to come up with reasons for it. "Bruh you're not actually fat you're just trying to get to a proper flat stomach so it's not even bad if you delay your progress by a day so why not" Fuck you brain. The squishy mental jew won't get me.

You're probably eating more than 1800 and you're forgetting to add in oils and stuff.

Try lowering what you think your TDEE is by 200. If you're eating the same amount and nothing ever changes you're eating at maintenance. Have you been lowering it as you lose weight?

Would also suggest IF to get the calories lower. Or even go for a day or two of water fasting for fun.

gross legs

You can do it user!

>Only thing that matters is calories in/out.

>Switching to a normal diet after being on low-carb, rats gained more weight with the same amount of calorie intake compared to controls. Low-carb diets causes weight cycling (yo-yo dieting). ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19039316

You seem to not understand how these studies are performed on any level. I urge you to read the Methods section of one of them. Some of the studies compared specifically health conscious populations. Take a look at this one: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3414590

Japan's diet is much closer to vegan than ours. They consume vastly more amounts of plant-based foods than we do, and far, far less meat, dairy, and eggs (or at least they did before our diet has begun invading them).

That feel when Icecream and unlimited access to a computer during adolescence was the cause of my obesity. Only at early 30s do I realize the benefit of being fit.

none, u punk bitch

>tfw 25.1 BMI
>still considered overweight

fuck fuck fuck

I think I am going to buy one of those as well. I need to have something healthy that's sweet so I don't end up eating something that sweet but fattenining

i was like this, then i woke up one morning and decided to stop being like this, then, most importantly, i made a plan

make a fucking plan nigger, even if youre not gonna start it for a month, use this month to work out a plan

What do you guys think about homemade protein bar recepies?

half a box of stuffing

they're really good, i've tried literally every flavor.

there's a big discrepancy in the flavor of them though. the birthday cake flavor, for instance, tastes really chemical-like and weird.

best ones i've tried are the red velvet flavor, peanut butter, and cookie dough. they all taste just like "real" ice cream. of course these are all the highest calorie ones, but none of them exceed 400 calories. compare to ben and jerry's at 1200+ calories a pint.

user I had the same problem last night. My brain fucks me every time. I start rationalizing eating badly or binging. What did my brain mean by this?

You sound like a prime example of confirmation bias.

Rat studies should only be considered as guides for researchers to pick things to study in humans. You don't draw conclusions to humans from rat studies. Observational studies are always confounded by a million things. You can never completely adjust for confounders. Furthermore, nutritional science is in as bad shape as social sciences in terms of the quality of studies. Who knows how many Brian Wansinks there are among the researchers of the studies you posted. I'd wait 20 years for new studies to be done with improved assurances of research quality before believing any new major nutritional discoveries.

Nah it's not a problem. The fries I'm craving aren't even available. I used to occasionally order chicken from this place that came with fries of course. And the fries were meidocre as fuck. But reheated the next day in the oven they were great. That's hella specific and not impulse-obtainable. Thankfully.

>Low-carb diets causes weight cycling

Is this true bros? Should I start eating pasta and rice again?

This study is still terrible, it is easy as hell to eat shitty foods at a "health food" store..they would need to actually track each individuals entire eating habits to compare them. This just goes back to the last point that a vegan will make more health conscience choices than a meat eater as well as having a lot fewer shitty foods to even possibly eat.

I've already dropped red meat from my diet and stick to chicken/fish for my meat sources. If you try and tell me those are bad for you, then you are dunce.

I can see preaching Flexitarianism (meat in moderation), but full veganism for HEALTH reasons is retarded.

Gotta eat big so you survive the coming winter when the crops dont grow and hunting is scarce.

It's fucking criminal how cheap ice cream is

>ben and jerry's at 1200+ calories a pint.

tfw i used to eat a pint of ben and jerrys and not think its a big deal

god i really didn't care did i?

i ate a small piece of cake and a jar of salsa.

i feel dirty

anyone else get headaches when losing a lotta weight?

>used to be legit addicted to half baked
>mfw i found out the owners of ben and jerry's are worthless sjw communists
>mfw i no longer crave ben and jerry's since i don't want to give them money

Try eating 2 pints every other day for a month.

t.gained 8kg (18lbs) in 1 month.

>Gotta eat big so you survive the coming winter when the crops dont grow and hunting is scarce.

Doesn't my brain know that I am already fat and can handle the harsh winter?

>Tubs of Reece's and Snickers ice cream

I'm glad I'm not American as I'd be on 600lb life if i had access to them.

I love Snickers ice cream

salsa is usually like 100-200 calories for the entire jar dude.

It's literally just crushed tomatoes and veg

Post your trigger anons

pic fucking related, I can literally eat 1.5 kg of this shit easily.

>a jar of salsa.

bruh why?

The pint of ice cream is inherently designed to trick you. most people do not eat exactly 25% of the container. most people eat all of it. it's like individual soda bottles that say "2.5 servings per container"

We've known animal fats contribute to heart disease since 1913. The scientific community is as sure of it as they are that smoking causes lung cancer. You can keep waiting for the one amazing study that finally proves butter isn't a health food, but I'll just assume that given the vast amount of evidence pointing toward that conclusion that it's true.

Brown rice, oatmeal, and whole grains lower your cholesterol and reduce your risk of getting diabetes, cancer, and heart disease. Unless you have a medical reason, you should consume multiple servings of whole grains every day.

youtube.com/watch?v=BOyebcrVWb4

Either you are running too big a calorie deficit or not drinking enough water.

Everyone post your daily food log. let's see em.

drink more water

i honestly feel dirty anytime i eat, and i haven't lost any weight despite being 1k under my tdee

i like salsa

WTF are those sizes?! No wonders Americans are lardasses.

>stick to chicken/fish for my meat sources. If you try and tell me those are bad for you, then you are dunce.

Fish are filled with dioxins, PCBs, and mercury. Chicken contains high amounts of saturated fat and cholesterol. Replacing them with plant-based protein improves your health.

Do you still eat eggs, milk, and milk-products?

OMGGGG my family loves that shit. Luckily its not easy to get good ones so I only have it like once every six months

Yesterday I ate a kebab. It was within calorie budget and only because I was emergency called into work and couldn't prep anything (I was there from 5PM to 5AM). It's also literally the only thing I ate so had my deficit.

Still....fuckin' garbage way to lose cut.

I wish whoever is posting these every thread would stop, there is really no value in glorifying the anons that will never make it.

>tfw turkish
>tfw can easily access the best quality ones with a 5 minute walk
>tfw I have to physically stop myself from doing so

It's even worse when I go visit my parents and my mom makes a whole bunch of them and guilts me into eating them

fuck i hate those soda bottles. they also do it with ramen, as if you're going to only eat half a pack of ramen

Imperfection =/= failure

That mindset leads to giving up. You fuck up then do better tomorrow. Instead of saying "If you fuck up once you'll never make it. Oo I fucked up I guess I might as well just give up and gorge myself on shit"

You've got the bad mindset here bro.

It's 10 am and I haven't eaten anything

I assume you are American? Here in Europe we have smaller packages. The American versions are also available but they are usually called "Jumbo"-sized or some other shit.

I rather the anons on /fat/ be honest with themselves and feel shitty about it than just never mention their fuck ups and keep making them

I eat this almost daily. I pop in oil so it's not near as healthy as it could be, but there's tons of ways to mix it up.

Pan frying a bunch of garlic in the oil first and saving the garlic chips to add on top is an easy and fast way to improve it.

Mixing a little butter with a hot sauce, something real hot like ghost pepper, then tossing the popcorn in that and baking it for a few minutes after to dry it back out is delicious.

Even tried making a caramel glaze with butter and brown sugar to make caramel corn. Took an hour to bake but came out really tasty. This one isn't healthy at all though and I'm pretty ashamed how easily I chomped down.

Anyone got any ideas to try with popcorn?

>le mercury in fish is bad

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/fish/

Don't eat eggs and whey is pretty much my only daily dairy source.

Today's main meal:

500g chicken breast
2 peppers
1 onion
1 big stalk of broccoli
100g uncooked rice
Teriyaki sauce.

~1050 calories (550 chicken + 320 rice = 870. 130 is reasonable for the veggies. Depends on how big the peppers and onions I buy are I guess. Add an extra 50 or so for Teriyaki sauce)

This will fill a big ass frying pan + smallish bowl of rice, and will be all I need to eat today. It will also be absolutely delicious. I may have a protein shake later at night or something but probably I won't be hungry since I basically do IF and after eating this I'm unlikely to need anything else. Also might spread it out over the 8 hours.

Is it ok to feel hungry?

Should i wait untill next sheduled meal, or just eat a little?

Sounds really fucking good user

It's okay to feel hungry as long as its not the "I am going to throw up" kind of hungry.

I have lost over 100lbs in part thanks to Veeky Forums
Threads like this & fat hate threads have kept me motivated & every now and then I get a different idea on how to meet my goals...
Reading the sticky is only part of the equation... people need motivation and the chance to share ideas that they have had success with.

just drink some coffee or tea

tough it out, look forward to the next planned meal

i have already reached a normal weight after 9 months of not exceeding my calorie goal even once.

i wish my family wasnt terrible at being a support team, probably why i come here so much