MOTIVATION / MENTAL HEALTH GENERAL

Let's have a motivation thread

>inb4 blogposter pls go
My motivation levels are at an all time low, despite my non-fitness results being at an all time high:
>research scholarship grant boosted my funds
>joined the homegym masterrace but use it less and less.
>college becomes a bigger and bigger gains goblin
>nutrition turning to shit
>always sleepy
>became legit coffee addict (8+ strong cups/day)

I fell off the horse, Veeky Forums. Lend me the hand to get back on it asap.
>tfw broke through 1pl8 OHP 3 weeks ago but OHP today failed on 3rd rep at 3/4pl8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HU1qarQLMFI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

don't just start a thread with no contributions.

I won't save it for you

Ayy you're right

Meant for:

i have some gay tumblr shit too bcuz i know 95% of chans are depressed

There was one copypasta I recall reading during the early days of Veeky Forums about an old powerlifter who lost everything encouraging this one kid to lift because lifting wasn't shit compared to the stuff that happens in real life, and then this kid has no idea that he's a former champion because he works at this gym and nobody really knows him.

I could really use that copypasta.

only beta jews get depressed

exactly why i post it here for you

This is epic motivation for me somehow. The entire book is great because i'm a historyfag with german heritage.

one of the few i got saved
4u

i don't get it. why is sadness vision of the future? shouldn't it be vision of the past?

Still, anyone caring to share how they bounced back from rock bottom?

Strange isn't it? When you first realise you are headed to the right course, your motivation and will to success tanks. Why is that?

Do we always remind our habits that our goals are still far away?

Best way out of this looks like stop thinking about what you are doing, you are already in the right path, just go hard as you can seems to be only way out of this thinking.

> have you cuddled someone?
> If not, do so
You can tell this was made by a woman. I wish I could just receive cuddles on demand

I ran a marathon, climbed the 3 highest peaks in our country, gotten both a merit and a research grant from college, got to 1pl OHP, banged a qt on new year's, yet I started this thread.
Why are we our greatest enemy?
It's not that I ran out of steam, it's that I tricked myself into thinking either I ran out of steam and deserve a break, OR worse, my subconscious said "yay what a comfy plateau of success, let's stay here for a bit".

Probably being better than people around us trick our brain to "i'm the best". I saw that lots of times.

Find someone who won marathon, climbed more peaks, can 1pl OHP for reps, banged a better qt than yours. And be friend with him.

It's, to me, is the best solution.

Last night I just watched my friend drunk text my ex

I am so conflicted now, I wish she would just stop being in my life.

I miss her bros but I don't do anything because I am a pussy

get a new friend and a new gf
nobody is irreplaceable

supermang pls come back

Holy fucking shit. I feel like committing suicide.

I bought 2 years gym membership.
2 fucking years ago. I just got a call from the gym today to renew my membership as it was going to expire in a few days.

I just realized i fucking wasted 2 years of my life. I'm feeling so shitty to even renew my membership.

Please help me

Failure isn't one unsuccessful attempt.
Failure is one attempt.

There is more merit in getting on the horse again than there is in getting on the horse the first time.

We will all stand for something at some point, but it will never be as impressive as those of us who stand up again everytime we fall until we stand up and fall no longer.

Just try again.

I find these motivations threads cringe.

Whatever happened to supermong? I stopped browsing Veeky Forums around the same time there were supermang threads on Veeky Forums every day (not for that reason). I recently came back and see that he either doesn't post here anymore or he doesn't use his trip anymore. I remember somebody guessed his triocode a couple times and he had to change it, then his information was found out, and he started a fight with Isley talking shit on his diddly. Was there anything I missed?

Anyone else struggling to stay off the drink?

I was able to give up other drugs without much fuss but goddamn if drinking hasn't been a difficult thing to stop. It's absolutely everywhere, most social functions revolve around it, everyone acts as if it isn't a drug, but deep down you know that it's slowing you down in life.

I'm still pretty "successful" in life so it's easy to lie and pretend that the drinking isn't a problem. You end up rationalizing a few drinks to yourself and then you spend the next several nights getting wasted and regretting it all. Your performance at work suffers, your sleep suffers, your lifts definitely suffer... not to mention alcohol directly causes a lot of anxiety and depression.

About a week sober now and trying to keep it that way. Good luck to anyone out there. Even just talking about it with strangers online seems to help.

I will. I just hate looking at myself in the mirror. I can't face myself. I walk past mirrors because i cant stand to look myself in the eyes. I'm really going to start working hard

I managed to stay sober for all of December, casually started drinking again in January (few weekend beers), but I'm back to drinking at least a pint and a couple beers every other day.

It's brutal.

Alcohol is a drink that people consume because they either like the taste, or because of what it does to them.
Also peer pressure.

Alcohol inhibits motor functions and judgements, makes your sense of humor feeble and unrefined. People call it the catalyst of a good time, but really all that means is that those people were boring to begin with and that they know drunk them is more interesting than real them.

That or they drink as an escape because they're too weak to face their problems.

Peer pressure is another obvious weakness.

Remember that unless you're drinking it because it makes your tongue happy, you're only stepping backwards.
Every time you pick up a drink for any reason other than flavour remind yourself of that.

If you ever feel that you should drink because drunk you is better, remember that you can make yourself better than alcohol ever will.

>mang bullied some user that calls himself Veeky Forums dad
>Veeky Forums dad doxed him
>mang didn't post for a year or so
>returned to /plg/
>got bullied
>left or turned of his tripcode

and that's five words

but apparently they do with shitposting on an indonesian baste weaving chatroom?

Addicts have to find peace with their addictions, if every day without is a struggle that would be hell, which it usually is until said peace is found.

>when you're depressed you have to nurse yourself and be extra gentile towards yourself
>nurse yourself and be extra gentiles towards yourself
>extra gentile towards yourself
>extra gentile

Depression confirmed for Jewish plot.

There was this song that went something like:
"get up and try it again" over and over. Sounded like it'd be part of "Hip Hop Best Pump Up Gym Mix 2015" or something similar.
Anyone knows the name?

broooo

gay

I wanted to get fit but I herniated a disc back in August 2016 doctor said it should be hewlee by now and he doesn't want to give me surgery. My life is over I'm so angry

Become a curlbro, use the bicycle for transportation, do pullups till your hands can't do it anymore.
A herniated disc is only the end for squat, DL, row and OHP. Don't let Veeky Forums trick you those are the only exercises you can/must perform.

This strikes me as a very old quote

I now but it effected my job too I cant do my job anymore. I can't even carry milk carton. It's humiliating having my mom carry things for me at 60. I did try pull ups those are good and I do static hanging to decompress it. I also tried doing curls but it put pressure on my lower back oddly. But I'll never do squats or deadlifts never wanted to hurt my back doing it. Thanks for responding.

>have you cuddled a living being in the past 2 days
more like 2 years

go walk dogs at a local shelter

>do you feel unnatractive?
>take a selfie. your friends will tell how great you look
yep it's a woman

>take a god damn selfie
last time I took a selfie I was told to not go outside and kill myself

Hmm I drank for the first time last night with friends. It's was very odd I couldn't even think or control myself it was like being possessed.

These images can only do so much for me desu. I need someone to physically hold me and tell me it's going to be fine. I don't know how much longer I can keep on carrying on ;-;

tfw 22 years

Yesterday you said tomorrow so just do it.

THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER!

GO TO UGANDA AND FIND THE ARC OF THE COVENANT WHILE YOU'RE STILL YOUNG

youtube.com/watch?v=HU1qarQLMFI

I'll hold you, user, I'm already gone.

No bullshit make an imaginary girlfriend. It sounds pathetic but like if it gets you through the day then who cares. I did it and it gets me through hard times

I have a hard time liking just one.

how would i phisically hold an imaginary gf