My old gym is trying to jew me out of $250 after they failed to actually close my account

My old gym is trying to jew me out of $250 after they failed to actually close my account.

Do I have any hope of convincing the manager to drop it or do I have to take this shit to small claims?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OCCS9VmsVeg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Most likely it would cost morr to go to court that why guns do fucked tucked up shit like this they know I don't have time to fight it and 90% of ppl just pay I say pay it then next week cause them over that amount worth in damages hell burn the fucking building down

>not paying cash or cheque
Should listened to Big Richard

don't pay. it's not your fault they didn't close your account

I got a call on Friday saying "your bill has been sent to collections". It was the first I'd heard there was even a problem, and the manager doesn't come back in until Monday.

I just moved to a new city and spent most of my reserve cash on moving in, so a 250 dollar cut would hurt pretty bad right now.

How did you close it?

I always ask for written confirmation of closure as gyms where it's pay by the month are usual always up to this kikery. My old gym out up the prices by 10% without informing anyone. They said it was in their monthly newsletter. I finally got a copy of it and there was notice.. in a tiny box hidden among third party ads.

it would absolutely cost more than 250 to go to court, but threatening to go to court is free, and most businesses dont like to hear that theyre getting sued

this
hopefully they don't call your bluff

It's a $50 fine in Virginia, and I have the time on my hands to get some papers together. I just didn't get written conformation like said and I'm kicking myself over it.

What?

yea otherwise youre either a beta or you gotta sue them

>they didnt close my account
Wot? You are clients to them as long as you pay the subscription. Once you stop paying they dont consider you a client. At least thats how it works here

>hello I'd like to close my account
>alright fill out these forms, you will have to pay one months' extra dues as part of the cancellation
>that is fair

Apparently they just never filed the form or something. I didn't follow up because I trust people to do their jobs.

Download bad paper, it's got an audiobook and has some good outlines and info on this shit.

P much demand them to prove you owe that money, and tell him straight you'll happily go to small claims. Make sure you got your story straight. I don't foresee it'll be an issue if you never used the facilities after, you never intended to pay the gym and that you told them such.

Anyone who uses "Jew" as a verb deserves what he gets.

Sage in all fields.

Do a charge back.

Just using the language of the region, guy. Don't take it personally.

A lot of gyms do this. Specifically it is one billing company that a LOT of gyms in the world use. It's called ABC billing. You are probably getting jewed by them. The thing is they stipulate you need to close your contract by mail notice. You can't call over the phone, you can't e-mail. It has to be an actual letter. A lot more companies than ABC do this too.

So small claims court is free, essentially. There are no lawyers, it will just cost you your time. This is the same practically everywhere in the world (but I assume US or Canada). You might lose if you are retarded but you will probably win. It depends what your contract said when you signed up and whether or not it was reasonable. If it is ABC and you cancelled over the phone it will be really gay to fight, but you will probably win.

Other options are going after the collection agency. The thing is a lot of the time the collection agency they use isn't exactly doing it legally, so you sometimes have a way out there.

If you don't know anything about what I am talking about you better get reading or cough up 250$.

Yeah, that was the name on the voicemail I got. I can easily show that I left the city, started a new gym and never use the old one again, but I have no documents saying that I ever officially cancelled. Looking through my bank history, it looks like they never took the cancellation fee I agreed to either.

I'm gonna listen to the audiobook recommended. I went to this gym for years so hopefully they at least understand where I'm coming from.

a u t i s m

Fucking capped

Read your contract in its entirety. If it says they can do that, deal with it and pay up. If it doesn't say anything about that, show the manager and ask why they're violating the contract. Contracts exist for a reason.

Went to a Golds for 2 months in between transferring schools. I ended up closing my account to just attend my school gym and then 3 weeks later they refunded me all the money I had spent there for the new account + 2 months. What did they mean by that?

I severed the contract, though. At least I filled out the form to. They're trying to fine me for dues I shouldn't owe anymore.

these bots still need a lot of work, famalam.

Translation, gyms do this all the time and they do it because most people just pay the money instead of going to the trouble of fighting it.

youtu.be/OCCS9VmsVeg

Lol the effects of natty

Sensitive kike detected