Do you ruck or are you a cuck?

Do you ruck or are you a cuck?

How much does a ruck weigh?

No, it's fucking boring.
Easily the worst thing the army, long ass ruck marches.

I have a 60 lbs weighted vest I use for walking and light hikes.

I'm not military so why would I?

Fuck that shit I wore like 40kg of gear in Afghanistan. fuck that shiiiiiit

i carry a 55lb bag of sand in my arms across a field and back for time instead

It fucks your knees long term too.

I believe it's called tabbing my friend

Ruck marches fucked up my lower back/leg flexibility

Yeah especilly when you're tumbling around in rough terrain and jumping down hills with shitty knee pads that keeps sliding down while getting sand in your ass crack

>Do you ruin your knees for life doing an exercise that tries to blend cardio with strength training and is inferior to both or are you a cuck?
I guess, in this particular false dilemma, I'm a cuck, but I'll be walking comfortably in my old age so I'm at peace with it.

You mean cuck ruck?

Rip joints

No I can't even carry 18lbs on my back anymore.

>do it wrong
>hurt yourself
>WOW THIS SUX

>being in the military
>calling someone else a cuck

i don't know but it's been done, pick one faggot and only one

Nevermind that shit, my happy ass ETSed.

>being a man
>not having served in the military
Pick one nu-male beta cuck

I've been in the military for 3 years and I don't feel like a man yet. What am I doing wrong?

You've received the potential to be a man

>Load 60lbs on your back with a piece of shit issued ruck sack
>Go walk 10k at an uncomfortable pace in a big shitty line where you have to alternate between a shuffling walk and light jog because people can't maintain pace
>somehow not destroy your back and knees.

Tell me why it is that I know so many people with medical problems from ruck marching if it isn't a really shitty idea?

No, I enjoy my joints functioning properly

You're response should have been that I'm probably in the wrong trade

W E L F A R E

Q U E E N

>there's a "right way" to ruck that won't fuck your shit up
Stop being underage around me. Get some life experience.

Yes you can you moron.

- use a backpack that properly distributes the weight
- fill the backpack properly so the weights don't move around inside
- use stable boots for ankle protection
- walk on soft ground, don't prance around like a faggot
- don't pack 900000000 pounds

>WOW I'M STUPID BUT OLD SO NOBODY CAN TELL ME ANYTHING

stupid ass tabbed psg that we got likes to run during rucks, its not even an airborne shuffle, its literally like 8 or 9 minute pace run for like a quarter of a mile or two then we go back to rucking a 13:45 pace, shit pisses me off

Let's try this in real life
>use a backpack that properly distributes weight
I guess my issued pack does that okay
>Fill a backpack properly
Erm, I'll try
>use stable boots
sure
>walk on soft ground
I'll ask the CO if we can avoid all paved roads next time
>don't pack 900000000000 pounds
sure, no one will notice or care that I didnt bring the machine gun, right?
I'm actually pretty good at ruck running, but fuck me its like, well, running with 90-100 pounds strapped to me
>RIP joints

Yeah I ruck

ive never had a problem with rucking either, if i am rucking for time i can keep a 15 minute pace just striding it out, but when people want to run to be hooah its like knee and hip suicide

standard is around 35lbs, can be more if going slower, sf is usually around 60-80

For me its always been more of a
>this hurts worse than a vasectomy with out anesthesia but fuck being a fallout cuck

I also have some knee and hip problems

>OP asks if people on a fitness board do rucking as training
>military meatheads go apeshit because they've been forced to jog around with 300 pounds in shitty gear on concrete roads for hours

sounds about right for me

i didn't sign a waiver to my human rights, so no one can force me to erode my knee cartilage

>You're response
It's because you're fucking retarded.

La di da di da
Its the mother fuckin P O DOUBLE G

Hiking you cuck
Where the /out/ fags at

What does the second G stand for?

You did the second you signed. If you think the command structure gives a fuck about you, you're in for a very bad time.

I'm not dissing you for being .mil, but you're just one cog in a very large machine. If you fail - maimed, killed, other otherwise - you'll be replaced.

military is chain of cuckmanned, you're never going to be a man until you make the decisions for what you're going to do, how you do it, and actually getting it done.

for all aspects of your life and work.

>use a backpack that properly distributes the weight
Backpacks never properly distribute the weight. Tump or go home.

Running up a hill? Waist Strap?

P O G U E
O
G
U
E

I think he means he didn't sign up at all.

The American military do need to clean up their act on this though, they only get away with being vague shits about your position as an actual functioning human because of US style patriotism and being fucking huge.

I would also.say that there is benefit to SOME military style training, but I find the US dudes surprisingly lacklustre.

Rucking blew my knees out inthe Army. 3.5 years at campbell doing 12-24 miles for AA ruined running for life, don't ruck too much.

>please try this overly complicated, boring, quantity-over-quality form of exercise I'm arbitrarily fond of
No

>guys do this one form of exercise that people who are forced to so they can get used to carrying around heavy shit all day with no one having foresight or giving a shit because the majority will only do it for a few years and then will be someone else's medical problem

It doesn't matter if you evenly distribute, use a proper backpack, etc. Long term rucking is awful for you.

Fucked up my lower back

So angry

I do it once or twice a week, I briskly walk around the park here and toss bread at various feathery fiends. If possible I always walk on the grass. Packing 30 kilo and won't go over that.

I found it's excellent for stamina and posture, if you walk properly (don't hunch over). Also feels fucking awesome when you take the weight off.

I avoid it at every opportunity. I don't honestly believe training for it does any amount of good. Every time I've loaded up, whether I was going on a march in Basic, or I was going on patrol in Iraq, it has sucked the exact same amount. If it is possible to get better at it, it's only after the point it starts to do harm to you in other ways.

Sfs like 50 - 60

>Poofter footy team

>putting heavy things on your back and being made to walk with it for miles, destroying your body in the process in the military

youre a cuck

Nah

Fucking truth. Rucking as recreation is unheard of by anyone that actually has to do it.

What you call rucking is what I call hiking. I do that shit every weekend in Colorado and have gone on 2 week long hiking trips in the Appalachian mountains for the past 5 years. Love that shit.

Nigger - I hike. Hiking is not rucking. Real rucking (Iraq, Aghan., et al.) is running/sliding/falling at a ridiculous pace while wearing too much shit with your hands full while waiting to be ambushed.

Don't ever compare the two. They are not even vaguely similar.

I did ruck often back when I was training for SARC back in field med school. Did a 6 mile ruck run with 50lbs and ran a 1:02::26.
But I got fucked. Now I sit inside a BAS waiting for shit to happen.

Don't ruck recreationally unless you hike, even then avoid hard surface roads and shit. Shit's stupid.

Rucking more doesn't make you a better rucker. Strength and good cardio does.

I value my joints and time too much to ruck

>implying civilians aren't insecure as fuck and then try to make themselves feel better by comparing reddit-tier "manly" shit with military
I'm not even military, but this is the most obvious thing I've got from working with milfags.

My experience of milfags is drunken assholes fucking with me in bars or sullen old men with no money. Am British though

Infantryfag here, most I did was a 25 miler with 35 lbs of shit
Rucks suck fucking cock and destroy your knees slowly

This, waist strap just hurts your hips more and running up hill is a dumb fucking idea

I'm in Campbell, 2/327 here. I feel you man. Air Assault used to do 24 milers? They only do 12s now

>hurr
Look I've found a retard!

>implying this is at all, in any way, good for you

Being in the Army myself it is pretty much a part of our job. Luckily I was blessed with lanklet genes so it comes easy.

I'm PCSing to Campbell next month. How much dick is this gonna suck?

Do you know what unit you're going to be in?
Are you Air Assault qualified?
What's your MOS?

lmfao

it's like the military higher ups are willfully TRYING to destroy their soldiers knees and backs

The military is like another world, it's plain weird.

It was 12 miles in '04. When did it change?

There's really no other suitable approach for foot patrol. There's just no other viable option.

Pretty sure I'm going to HQ, No I'm not and I'm MI

It's not really so much the comparison that bothers me. I've carried a lot of shit over a lot of miles both as a .mil and a civilian.

Hiking is a pleasant activity with good food, great technology, whatever fuckall pace you want to set, etc.

Rucking, as it pertains to an actual ruck march is done:

1. Carrying too much shit in the least efficient way possible.
2. Carrying an (often) bulky ass weapon.
3. While wearing fucking sapi/plates and a fucking helmet.
4. Carrying other people's shit - medics, SAW ammo, mortars, etc.
5. Up the side of a mountain made of marbles and insurgents or in ankle deep fucking moondust
6. With cold shitty food
7. At a pace that ensures you reach certain points (phase lines, etc.) by a certain time. Usually way fucking faster that the weather, topography, or enemy allows.

After a few years - the shit tears you down.

Squint or CI?

Headquarters has a good time, I have a JAG friend that works up there. Post is boring as hell, but going to Nashville is fun, there's a lot of outdoors stuff to do. All the gyms are nice, 2BCT has a sauna in theirs too

Air Assault school is pretty easy, just pay attention to what they tell you and you'll be set, the hardest thing is a 4 mile run (on paper, in practice it's 6) physically and that's piss easy.

Morale around post is absolutely fucking wrecked in most units, the deployments are awful for all the line units, the old CG was a turd and we're still recovering from his antics

Be prepared to get bitched at for not being Air Assault until you go

I think I misread your post, I got the vibe that it was a 24 miler at some point. It's still a 12.

neither son

bye bye knees

Because that shit isn't for Special Branch soldiers.

due to australian army shitty logistically chain, we wear 50kg+ for any exercise, thnx army.

>poofter
Mfw rugby players literally finger each others assholes as a strategy to win

I was airborne for 3 years lol no thx

No wonder you are such a fucking manlets

Just because you got dominated doesn't mean rugby is GhEy

Only because I have to, can feel my knees dying

THANKS ADF PESA!!!!!

>in the military
>not a cuck
lol

mfw gayfl players literally mainline crystal meth as a strategy to win brownlow medals

I mean joining the military seems more like the cuck movet.

Doing whatever government daddy tells you.
>Go kill these guys because we need their oil.. I-I-I mean they are terrorists

>Leave your family / girlfriend / who ever to go to a different part of the world

>To stupid to find your own way in life, need someone else to tell you what to do 24/7

Joining military is for simple minds.

"War is rich people telling stupid people to kill poor people"

We're no longer in a shooting war, and you're probably not infantry. Also, maturity is not just what happens to you, it's how you respond to it that makes you a man.

t. a former DICK with two tours under his belt

>being this mad that soldiers fucked your girl

ruck marches are not trained because they're good for the health, but because the troops need to be accustomed to carrying equipment in case it needs to be done on foot.

Never happened.

Disappointed government slaves are still respected in this age. FYI I'm not against having the military to defend your country, USA however uses that as a guise to invade other countries for oil.

Knowing how the 'war in iraq' was handled why would someone join the military today except for the fact they are too stupid or ignorant to find something else to do with their life.

>It's not really so much the comparison that bothers me.
It shouldn't do unless you want your manliness measure to be shit farmers in Afghanistan have to do on a semi regular basis but with more cushy shit and way less regular.

I just think of it as another job. The end goal being college without debt. Really if you are just out of highschool with no real direction, no kids, and no bills its not a bad choice.

>To stupid to find your own way in life, need someone else to tell you what to do 24/7

This part always gets me about you guys. For some reason everyone thinks the intro of Full Metal Jacket is your everyday life. Like I said its a job. Unless you're a NEET I don't quite get your angle. At your job do you do whatever the fuck you want when you want? Even if you run your own business that's not true. The structure of it is more regimented than civilian life but no one is hovering over me telling me to do anything.

It also depends on what you do and where you are. Overseas is a different beast completely, but in america its pretty much a 5 day a week job. Once I get off work i'm done unless we go to the field.

Whenever I'm in a shitty situation I always think to myself "at least I'm not in the army anymore ruck marching and crawling in mud while sleep deprived"

Yup and everyone gets major long term health problems
Costs hundreds of billions of dollars in gibs to these people afterwards

What a joke

Well you joined the air force, for starters

>for oil
Invading Iraq was done for a lot of reasons and while oil makes the Middle East important, we didn't grab the oil as much as we should have.

Turning it over to the Shia and creating a whole Shia crescent from Iran to Lebanon was the most destabilizing thing we could do from the point of view of oil extraction and, really, the balance of the whole region.