/fat/ - Weight Loss General

/fats at night/ edition

Last thread exceeded 300 lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G9Z-gKAvzOY&list=PL5TLzNi5fYd8JyYNv0MzunIqXL1nAY0dM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response#Timeline
youtube.com/watch?v=BOyebcrVWb4
content.tigerfitness.com/transformation-tyler-fleming/
youtube.com/watch?v=wZaUfBcP1Bk
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-eating-plate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I knew there'd be a curve to my rate of progression as it dragged on, but this seems more like a flat line

I hope there's an image you forgot

Have you redone your TDEE for your current weight to make sure you aren't eating at your new maintenance?

First for vegan diets are one of the healthiest ways to live and have been shown to be better for weight loss than non-vegan diets. If you are worried about heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, or cancer, take note.

youtube.com/watch?v=G9Z-gKAvzOY&list=PL5TLzNi5fYd8JyYNv0MzunIqXL1nAY0dM

anybody overcome binge eating?

im working out well but sometimes cant stop myself eating, not losing weight

IF you oxygen thief.

first identify the conditions under which you want to binge eat, and think up ways to combat that.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

Guy fasted for over a year and lost 125kg in total at a rate of about 1kg every 3 days. It wasn't complete starvation as he received a tiny amount of protein in addition to micronutrient supplementation. If you intend to fast or even lower your calories to very low levels for long periods of time, you have to take micronutrient supplements or you'll get very sick from deficiencies. A small amount of protein is seems to be absolutely necessary also.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starvation_response#Timeline

Depends on what triggers yours.
I had an issue where I would start binging while watching Youtube or other videos and got bored so I just never watch video on my computer for more than 10 minutes at a time.

youtube.com/watch?v=BOyebcrVWb4

I feel rotten /fat/.
I can't concentrate, I'm fatigued, I'm in a horrible mood all the time, I'm using again, and I don't know why.
It just came out of nowhere.
It's just a "what's the point" feeling, constantly, and I hate it.

I don't think it's necessary to use a calculator. If you can be confident that your calorie counting and weight measurement is accurate enough, you can conclude that your eating at maintenance when you aren't losing weight. Two to three weeks of monitoring weight and comparing weekly averages should provide enough data to draw this conclusion.

>I'm using again

Using what? Also, you sound depressed. Get some social support.

Also you can get a roisterer chicken at the grocery store or even Walmart and eat half of it and that's like 600-800 calories. That's very filling and way less than you would probably eat if your binge foods are anything like mine were.

do daily cardio. scientifically proven to improve your mood

stuff

and it's not just mental
I've got the shakes really bad, and I'm unsteady on my feet
I feel ill, in the purest sense of the word

>telling someone that binge eats to eat half of something
:thinking:

This is not the place to get help for that. You need actual irl help

Jesus, get your ass to a doctor.

>telling someone that binge eats to eat half of something
>:thinking:
I used replacement foods like this when I was getting out of it too. Even if he eats the whole chicken that will still probably be less calories and more protein then if he ordered pizza, got huge amounts of fast food, etc.

fair enough

>tfw two more months of cutting
>tfw 41 pounds lost in 5 months

it never ends lads

Lost 198lbs and battled with binge eating the whole way and still do. It's an addiction and something I learned over time to deal with (IE: finding what triggers me, what I crave when I do wanna binge and trying to eat a less calorie dense alternative of that food). Eating the foods you enjoy in moderation instead of completely restricting them to only cheat days/meals also helps a lot. If you want pizza try to fit a slice or two into your dinner (about 600-800 calories) a couple times a week. It's better than having a full blown meltdown and ordering a large pizza and cheese sticks and whatelse. Also if you can't just have a slice or two of pizza because your willpower hasn't been practiced enough yet then don't have pizza until you have practiced willpower. Willpower is something that can be strong or weak depending on how often you practice it.

Are you a manlet with super loose skin, by chance? Not judging, just seeing the certain ways and angles different people take photos and post on Veeky Forums

it will eventually

I'm 6'4 with a little bit of loose skin around my lower stomach and chest. There's still fat for me to lose as well so it can only get better as long as I keep dieting down.

Here's a little bit more about my transformation
content.tigerfitness.com/transformation-tyler-fleming/

Hope I can help anyone who was where I was or is on a journey already to change.

Does dieting turn anyone else into a complete OCD nutcase? Like, I'm just skipping meals now to avoid the hassle of worrying about calories.

tfw you realize decomposition is the final cut to 0% bf

I count binges and just stare at that shit.

Like today I did alright for breakfast. Then killed a bag of chips and sweet onion sour cream dip near lunch. Counted all that binge. Came out to 90 calories left in the day. Too fucking bad for me but that's it for the day.

I also try to think about what caused it. Why did I even have so much dip and chips in front of me with no alternatives around? Was my breakfast too small?

Sometimes. I've relaxed a bit more about it now but yeah in the beginning I was like that.

That's why I just keep it to two meals. That way I only gotta think about it twice a day.

tell me that's a compression artifact and not a fucking nose ring

Yes. Once I started counting calories, eating optimally to me meant not sullying the purity of the data in my custom spreadsheet with estimates based on eyeballing or foods that I couldn't get micronutrient data on. Eating out is annoying because I know I won't be able to input acceptable data for that day. I optimize my eating for health and gains but I really just like collecting data rigorously.

You sound like in state of psyhosis and/or depression. Go see profesional help.

it's not life threatening
and it'll pass eventually
it's just irritating that I don't know what caused it

I did, but the way I got over it real quick was to overestimate the stated calories by 30% or make the serving size 50% larger, depending on who prepared the meal.

It's a refeed day today, bros.

Welp, now that I've lost 20kgs, I can see now that my body is completely disfigured.
Stretch marks fucking everywhere, this shit is never bouncing back.

Also, my fat loss has been uniform across the whole body (as expected), my hands and calves look almost normal now.

But my mantits, sides, stomach are disproportionally fat, and it seems I will lose them last.

Which means it could very well be that I'll have upper abs showing, but still have humongous love handles and mantits.

This sucks.

I wish spot reduction wasn't a myth, I am sorely in need of its magic.

Hey /fat/

First time poster in these threads

>hit my highest weight ever at 305lbs last September
>something in me clicked and I knew it was time for change
>start working out, doing cardio and eating 1200-1500 calories a day until the end of the year
>my gym attendance starts declining through the beginning of the year
>start slacking off on my diet
>still manage to get down to 239 lbs mid September
>down 66 lbs
>looking and feeling better than ever
>diet suddenly goes to shit
>working out maybe once a week only because I feel too guilty to stop entirely
>every shitty meal is filled with regret
>every night skipped at the gym filled with regret
>break up with my girlfriend of 2 years
>in the last month I've gained weight back up to 255

The fuck is going on /fat/? It was going so well and I'm terrified that it's slipping through the cracks. I'm not even heartbroken over dumping my gf, I honestly feel great about that as it was a shitty relationship

Days that I focus on my diet again I'll eat well until late at night and then I'll wind up caving and ordering pizza or going to Taco Bell or some dumb shit. I'm going to be moving back home again within a month so I'm afraid I'll be even less motivated to cook my meals

Fuck, I was so close to beginning to make it..

>mid September 239
Fuck I meant mid February

Did you know that toxic substances such as drugs are absorbed into fat, and when you lose weight, they are reintroduced into the body when the lipids melt?

Damn dude, that is impressive. In a little less than that time span, I've lost about 45-50 and had a really bad February as well. Thankfully, I didn't gain weight, but am having trouble getting to the next level right now.

I'm adding in new exercises as the weather improves and your post is the perfect catalyst to get me off my ass and back out on the court. I was on the fence until right now.

Make sure you are eating legit meals at regular intervals so you don't get too hungry. Identify what emotions or circumstances trigger you (for me it is stress). And keep trigger food out of the house. I also went on anti anxiety medication which helped.

Yep this. For me also I eat carrots or cucumber with hummus, or soup (just broccoli puree), and drink lots of water to feel full.

I was where you were at about a month ago, user. I had a bad January but still managed to drop a couple pounds. If you don't act on it now, if you don't take it seriously you're going to set yourself back 10-15 like me. Make that proactive step

For me it's just a matter of making up lost ground, which is extremely demotivating considering I've already lost this weight and now I've got to lose it again

Your caloric surplus was way too high. I'm guessing your TDEE was like 2800 or so? Take it slower.

Will all the Adderall I took while gobbling multiple pizzas in college me my focus back as I lose weight? Does fat get deposited like tree rings?

No doubt about it. I'm hitting the court everyday it seems. I already worked out this morning and was about to eat a sandwich, but need to burn more for the day. I added DDP Yoga, which has helped and just walking longer distances and even jogging.

Consider this, last September numerous fatties tried to lose weight and out of all of them, us two are still going at it. Think about all of those who gave up and are lost for another 5 or 10 years or forever. I used to be that guy. I like to think I'm part of the last group standing from September of 2016.

With the the frequency and intensity of my workouts it was likely over 3000. I admit I did go a little too hard. Most days I was closer to 1200 calories all while working out 5-6 days a week with about 30 minutes of cardio each day. I'm not surprised I got burnt out at the gym, but I'm a little taken aback that my diet completely went out the window, that wasn't even an effort to me. Or so I thought

I just got addicted to how fast I was losing weight

I've heard theories
I wouldn't think it would matter enough to impact someones mood

I never actually looked at it that way. I kinda owe it to myself and the other anons to keep going. I know 15 pounds is only a minor setback, i think I need to just force myself until I'm back into the groove. I need to accept that it's not going to be as easy as it was now that I'm back out of practice. It's going to be as hard as when I started, maybe even harder

Thanks user, I'll hit the gym tonight in honor of you and the other September fatties

.tfw lost some fat

i hate the feeling when you spend 3 weeks not fucking your diet up, and then one day you binge eat on snacks, then next day your cranky because your dying to get another bite of the amazing chocolate goodness, but you know you can't, so you just sit in your bed all day with a headache and a stomach that is screaming in pain, due to hunger but its all worth in in few months when you lose another 25-40 pounds

>try HFLC diet
>end up eating 300 calories over in cheese

>tfw watch this binge eating video:
youtube.com/watch?v=wZaUfBcP1Bk

>mfw that's about what I eat every day

How important are refeed days? It's just eating at maintenance for a day, right?

3 weeks?
not being funny mate but if you can't go longer than 3 weeks you need to change your strategy

>be 6'2 295lbs
>start working out 10 months ago
>start eating right
>start by simply eating my TDEE
>the start working to a deficit
>currently eating a 600cal deficit a day
>down 71 pounds as of this morning
>only workout program I've done is crossfit

R8 my success or failure. I still want to lose another 30 pounds to get down to 195 so I can say I've lost 100 pounds.

I have no idea how important they are. I've just been eating at a 1,000 calorie deficit for the last 15 days and people mentioned it online so I just did it.

I tried to eat much more carbs and I went like 200 above maintenance.

No idea if it will do anything, but there it is.

I'm starting to think these "refeed days" are just a meme these guys are using to make them feel better about cheating or when they binge. The only use I could see with "refeeding" is to be extra full for a day to keep from getting discouraged.

You're losing muscle mass man do some lifting

loose skin?

I dont think I am, all of my maxes have stayed the same for the past 4 months. as long as I can maintain I am happy, I will worry about building muscle mass back up once I hit my goal weight.

>crosscuck

Never gonna make it

Fucking MFP is giving me shit because I was 27 calories below the minimum I should get.

t.Chad

im guessing you're not fat, or never been fat

even cigarette smokers will fuck up occasionaly

I feel you user. I have had this obsession all day to walk to the gas station and buy and eat an entire bag of M&M. Thankfully I just have to hold out for 15 minutes before they close.

first time here.

i used to lift a lot when i was in high school and got pretty good. i've always been overweight but i was definitely in the best shape of my life then (6', 180, great cardiovascular health and strong lifts) but i have gone to shit lately.

just graduated college. i'm 6', 243lb, and in awful shape. smoker, drink heavily several days a week, and deteriorating depression (but i think a lot of that will be helped by being in better physical health).

i have literally forgotten how to take care of myself. specifically i've forgotten how to correct my diet.

my main issue is calorie tracking. i cook for myself pretty much exclusively -- how the fuck am i supposed to accurately track calories for things that aren't pre-packaged?

thanks y'all, it's good to be back.

Do IF. If you can just stick to your eating window you won't be able to go to Taco Bell late at night. As to not wanting to cook, I'm always in search of solutions like overnight oats.
>throw a few ingredients together, meal the next day, not absolute garbage for you

For some it might be easier to cut out things like candy altogether if you can't handle the cravings. Also, why do you have a headache? Drink more water (a lot more water). As far as your stomach "screaming in pain due to hunger" that's complete horseshit. You did say you ate literally the day before, right? I'm on hour 28 or 29 of a water fast and I'm feeling great.

Not him, but way to project your insecurities. Maybe he was/is fat and just has more willpower than you. Do you think "others fuck up so it's okay" is good excuse if you ever want to actually make a long term change in your life?

I was literally you when I graduated college and for several years after that. Except shorter.

Quitting alcohol entirely was the best move I've ever made--I've been over a year and a half without a single drink and I don't miss it one bit. The smoking was much easier to quit after the drinking. You know you need to stop both these things.

As far as calorie tracking goes, what are you having an issue with if you're cooking for yourself? If you don't want to go by general estimates you could get a food scale and weigh everything.

Get a food scale at walmart or on amazon, and get an app to track calories. The popular one here is My Fitness Pal. You can search for any food on there, and put in how much of it you ate by weight. Makes it super simple. Good luck user, I hope you make it.

well, i love drinking socially but i drink a ridiculously unhealthy amount. i'm thinking about reducing it to once every two weeks just to start out.

in regards to the food, i'll give you an example. lately i've been cooking a ton of indian food, so i'm not sure how to track things like curries, stews, etc.
is there an easier way than weighing all ingredients, weighing the total after it's cooked, and trying to figure out calories per cup or...?

thanks man. i actually already have a food scale and just today i got a bodyweight scale.

bad sleep cycle again

being alone in my bedroom with fuck all to do is dangerous for my weight loss

I'd recommend weighing the individual ingredients as you add them to the cooking vessel to figure out total calories of everything. Then weigh out all the food after cooking and divide it evenly into however many portions. Then divide the total calories from the beginning by the number of portions. That may seem a little too technical for some though. So if you're not looking to autistically count, just weigh before you cook, then estimate your portions and still just divide by number of portions, as it will all break even after you've finished it all.

I hope reducing the amount of times you drink helps, user.

To address the calories, it's really not that hard. I googled "chicken tikka masala" and checked out a recipe since I know Indian food can have quite a few ingredients. You would measure out the large things, like the yogurt, chicken, butter, heavy cream, and tomato sauce. This should be easy, as most of these do come from a package with stated calories. The chicken you can weigh or measure out. The spices don't matter.

After you start looking at calories in each item you're using to cook with you get faster at coming up with a general idea of the content in each dish. Since you're cooking it yourself it will be much easier. Restaurants are completely impossible to measure because they usually use absurd amounts of butter and oil and whatnot to make the food taste so good.

had 1588 good calories today

goodnight Veeky Forums

>currently 450lbs
>spend all day sitting watching youtube for the past six months
>get gym membership and start doing an hour on treadmill at 2.7-3.0
>but the lower back pain is discouraging

what do.

At that point you should really talk to a doctor about what sort of exercise is good for you and what won't crush your body

I'm proud of you thought :)

Nice work bro. I just got back from the court and the store. I had a severe test of willpower when I walked by the deli. I so badly wanted to get some chicken tenders or a corn dog. Ended up getting a small bowl of soup.

I also borrowed my friend's jump rope today. I was able to do about 20 seconds before my legs gave out, but it rocked my body. I'm going to love that soon.

What this user says, go see a doctor! They can help you work through this. Go slow with regards to exercise, and go big with diet. You can lose a lot by watching what you eat and do a calorie deficit. But because you've had a very sedentary lifestyle, your body may not be ready for any sort of intense physical activity. And it would suck if you go too fast with exercise and end up injuring yourself.

>what do.
diet

>I'm using again
Is this about drugs or are you really gay about overeating?

>morbidly obese
>chooses the highest impact exercise he can find

Why are you using a treadmill when you're 450 lbs? Do you hate your knees so much that you want to destroy what's left of them?

jesus fucking christ how are people this stupid?

Use a fucking recumbent bike.

>smoker, drink heavily
>obese
>eats shit all day

You need to go to a doctor ASAP. You're in severely deteriorating health right now. You need to quit smoking and drinking and shoveling garbage in your face.

Here's a link on how to fix your diet: hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-eating-plate/

Eat a candybar then fuck MFP's mother and log it as an exercise.

>crossfit
Does everyone there eat paleo and take 40 minutes for a bowel movement?

>dat post cardio bowel movement

>tfw 1200 kcals bellow tdee and 1 hour til bed

no point in eating now.

if i take stimulants will i lose weight faster?

Yeah but you have to take alot. Triple the serving size usually.

yeah long term that'll probably damage my heart

Try ephedrine

Any tips on getting over binge eating, I was fine up until my gf brought pizza, and I just couldn't stop myself from eating 4 slices. I'm such a fucking swine. All my week of cutting calories for nothing.

>4 slices
>a binge
God I was a disgusting.

Kek. Guess I'll have to have 2 candy bars then.

If 4 pieces of pizza ruin a week's worth of cut you need to cut harder.

No shit, are you autistic or something?

>that mid-cardio bowel movement

thanks for the link. i'm cutting down the drinking starting last night and i'm working on quitting the smoking. diet is #1 priority right now though

any specific reason you suggest the doctor?

I'm kind of new to Veeky Forums. Last week I diagnosed as "pre-diabetes" with a Hemoglobin A1C level of 5.8% (standard non-diabetic is between 4.8 - 5.6%).
I've been kind of stressed out and worried, but thankfully have been implementing a healthier diet. (oatmeal in the mornings, Turkey slice sandwiches on 100% whole wheat bread, and a varying dinner made by my mom usually some meat or chicken with rice and beans).
I've cut out soda entirely.

I know that cardio isn't as effective as weight lifting for weight loss (but still useful), so I wanted some advice for weight lifting workouts for losing weight/losing fat to add to my healty eating and cardio.

I'm currently looking into the fit sticky a bit more, but I would like some anons to post for some guidance and for a more personal touch.