Explain again how fruit is good but soda isn't

Explain again how fruit is good but soda isn't

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3m5FFFw_otA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fruits have vitamins and minerals, soda doesn't.

damn it's been like 3 years since this was a meme

except it was an apple the first time not an orange

If you really ask this , you literally don't lift and have zero knowledge of nutrition.

>110%

fiber, nutrients, not all sugars are equal etc.

> dumb nigger doesn't know about fiber

You need to explain which, in the plethora of sugar types, each one has. Dang, I just got trolled. Epic, OP. Simply epic.

What if I take a vitamin pill with my soda? Checkmate atheist

Coca Cola 12oz
>140 calories
>45mg sodium
>39g sugar
>0g protein
>not a significant source of any vitamins or minerals

Large orange
>about 90 calories
>no cholesterol
>no sodium
>333mg potassium
>22g carbohydrates
>4.5g fiber
>17g sugar
>vitamins A, C, B-6, magnesium and iron

vitamins and shiiiit

literally fiber yah

>no sodium
Enjoy your water poisoning

>potassium

>110%

sucrose breaks down into fructose and glucose, it doesn't make any real difference, you just put into your thick head that coke is fundamentally bad and will try to make any shit up on the spot to justify it.

fiber.

Fructose is simple sugar

Fiber slows down sugar absorption. Blood sugar spikes are the main problem with soda and candy.

no, user, the problem is the amount people consume

no one drinks 2L of orange juice a day that's why no one is demonizing oranges, but if they did they'd get about as fat all the same.

Coca Cola should just add some fiber and vitamins to their beverage. Problem solved.

That over produced fruit juice like MinuteMaid and Tropicana is just as bad as soda though. They both have a ton of added sugar.

Eating a fruit is different because it has fiber and it's not the same amount of sugar anyway.

The main issue with soda is the insane amount of sugar.

>orange has a nearly identical amount

An orange doesn't have nearly as much though.

soda contains alot of toxic shite like aspertame for example

see
You'd have to eat a few large oranges to consume the same amount of sugar. You'd also be consuming about 10g of fiber in the process though, reducing its absorption rate

>aspertame
>toxic

No

just google "orange juice nutritional facts" you retard

I just did. A large orange as 17g, a can of coke has 39 retard.

fibre offsets the insulin spike created by sucrose. HFCS in soda is just pure poison.
minerals and vitamins too.

We aren't talking about orange JUICE you tard, the OP clearly depicts an actual orange

Orange juice like Tropicana is just as bad. The actual fruit isn't though. Natural OJ is also better than coke. Obviously overprocessed Tropicana with 40g of added sugar is the same thing basically, but you can't even call that real OJ.

Fibre....this is either bait or u dont know fuck all about nutrition

yes it is

use the same scale, imbecile, per 100g or whatever

It's still less sugar. You'd feel fuller eating a large orange than drinking a can of come obviously.

Coke*

I'd still pick the can of cume

enjoy your over bloated face

What I've gathered from this thread is that if I take some fiber pills and a multi vitamin with my coca cola, I'm good to go

there's nothing inherently bad about soda, the fit community is dumb af
IIFYM all the way

>not feeling full from a whole can of cum
How gay can you be

Enjoy your gut and face fat you fucking faggot

>coke zero
>no sugar
So, is it better than orange?

I'll enjoy the fact that I have never been above 16%bf despite eating anything I want.

Right, if I wanted a good laugh I would've asked you your one rep max

>coca cola
>from the coca plant
>PLANT

soda and fruit are both healthy

Maybe you could do basic mathematics if you would just eat some more fruit

Well, on top of what all the other anons said, keep in mind that coke has enough acidity to serve as a derusting agent while an orange has nowhere near that amount.

FIBER
I
B
E
R

>not a significant source of any vitamins or minerals

What is caffeine then dumbass?

the broscience in me thinks that might be good like once a month to clean your insides

>8/100g vs 10/100g
wew lad

you may be on to something

saying "yes it is" is not an arguement.
aspertame is bad for you yes, but only in sufficient quantities, you would have to drink over 20 cans of soda a day for aspertame to be present enough in your body to have any effect.

All I'd say is if you really think drinking soda is the same as eating fruit, then hey, drink up! I'll be over here with my fruit and not drinking soda like an idiot.

low quality bait

>Orange juice like Tropicana is just as bad.
It's owned by Pesico. Innocent used to be good but it's owned by coca cola now. Quality has seriously declined.

Tropicana go to a lot of trouble to say it's pure orange. The refine a bunch of raw materials out of oranges, like colouring and fragrances, and then recombine them like a soft drink. Weird.

>ph of coca cola is 2.52
>ph of orange is 3
it's literally just half a ph in difference

pH is a log scale measurement so that's a bigger difference than it looks like

Fruit is not good. It's a lie from the same people who told you that grains are the foundation of the human diet.

Not a vitamin or mineral, dumbass.

No it's not

>sugar is all that matters

THIS.

Fiber is such a fucking meme I swear to God

Neither a vitamin nor a mineral...
Am I being baited?

>Dietary potassium is a good thing

It actually is... I ate a diet consisting of only meat (no vegetables or fruits) and I didn't get constipated...

Jesus fuck, these replies.

Only on Veeky Forums will you hear cola is better for you than fruit.

Neither are good for you.

Vitamins, (Phyto) Minerals

You truly are a fucking degenerate.

F I B E R
I
B
E
R

high fructose corn syrup

There's mercury in high fructose corn syrup. The potassium in an orange, for example, acts like insulin so the sugars go where they need to. Believe it or not you need carbs to keep from relying on cortisol and adrenaline in order to maintain blood sugar levels.

It's a simple concept with a lot of complexities

youtube.com/watch?v=3m5FFFw_otA

fruit has a ton of fiber, soda doesn't.

Pythochemicals are a meme existing only because media has to exaggerate every scientific study

That would be a 25% increase in sugar.

>2017
>people on Veeky Forums still argue while Coca cola is worse then an orange

Seriously this place would probably be a good board if 90% of the Americans would stop visiting this site

Smart people are demonizing juice. It's just as bad as soda. Eat your fruit, avoid juice.

>reality is just one big meme and I'm too red pilled to believe anything

This thread gave me cancer. Killing myself now

Good b8 m8

you all obsessed with healthy coke har a really small amount of toxic same as orange has pesticides but our body is made to get rid of that shit with no problem and if you are active orange isn t much better than coke

COCOLA HAS FUCKING FOSOL YOUR FUCKING LUNATICS. THIS IS MAIN PROBLEM. IT'S PHOSPHORIC ACID FOR DERUSTING.

Coke (sugar) isn't particularly bad for you. Fruit is much better because of the billion reasons mentioned ITT.

FRUIT HAS CELLULOSE WHICH GREATLY SLOWS DOWN SUGAR ABSORBTION

You deserve a (you)

A 1g to 2g increase would be a 100% increase, wow user u so smart

Because they usually add sugar and other shit to juice. If you squeezed oranges at home and only drank that you'd be fine.

Alright, so:

You got your natural sugars:

Glucose – refers to “simple” sugars, found in all foods that have carbohydrates. Glucose can be found in mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, etc. Glucose is vital to life and is in every single living molecule. It is also produced by your body and easily broken down by every cell in your body.

Fructose – another “simple” sugar, it’s also referred to as fruit sugar, because its main source is fruits (and also honey). Fructose is a bit harder to break down, as only your liver breaks down significant portions of it.

And refined sugars:

Sucrose – combines (half) glucose and (half) fructose to become a “complex” sugar. Typically it’s extracted from sugar-beet plans or sugar cane to make your typical “table sugar”.

Other Types – High fructose corn syrup, agave syrup, molasses etc.

The main difference between natural and processed sugars is how each one delivers glucose and fructose. For example, fruits are not just fructose in different shapes. They also contain a pile of nutrients, vitamins, antioxidants and fiber. Whereas your typical table sugar doesn’t.

pH buffer systems. Go read about those.

Orange peels are flammable like bombs and bombs are used by bad people.

That's how stupid you sound.

>free radicals cause oxidation (rust)
>cola removes rust so it doesn't cause problem by e.g. blocking your blood vessels
How exactly is that a problem?

Enjoy the fact that you're 16 with the highest metabolic rate you'll have in your life. That'll change in a few short years.

t. 29 year old who used to be able to eat whatever he wanted and weighed 145 lbs at 5'11" now floats up to 180 if I eat like I used to