Lean Recipes

Lots of food threads, but no recipe threads. How do you cook your chicken? Are you a breast man or a master shredder? What about salmon and other sea chicken? And how do you cook your broccoli? Any favorite spinach based salads?

Other urls found in this thread:

traegergrills.com/
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141848361
imgur.com/a/5nbmA
fitfood.imgur.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I boil all of my food and blend it into a slurry.

Basic ass chicken:

>preheat oven to 400
>Butterfly your fresh chicken breasts and let sit for a while to reach room temp
>brush a casserole dish or pan, then your chicken, with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with
>sprinkle salt and pepper*
>bake at 400 for 30min

*bonus points for garlic powder, smoked paprika, and/or onion powder

Basic ass broccoli:

>break up a big fresh broccoli tree into florets and spears
put about an inch of water in a pot and bring to a slight boil.
>dump your broccoli in and let it ride for about 10 minutes.

Bump

This thread is important and there should be many more like it. My boss is a really fit dude who used to compete. He's been lifting for 20+ years. He basically hates seasoned food. His reasoning is that food with a lot of flavor triggers something in the brain that food is something more than fuel for gains. I disagree completely. Food is one of those things that all humans have in common. We all have to eat. It's entirely possible to eat great, healthy food that tastes fucking awesome. Not to mention a lot of spices have some health benefits. These fucking dudes who eat boiled chicken and plain ass sweet potatoes and fucking plain oats are ridiculous.

Season your goddamn food. You'll enjoy it more. The more you do it the more you'll learn and better you'll get at cooking. In the off chance that you actually have a grill at your home you can impress her with your cooking skills because bitches -love- that shit. It also helps you avoid that awkward question of why you have no goddamn seasonings in your kitchen.

Keep this thread alive.

Chicken: Legs and thighs in slow cooker with an onion and some carrots.
Broccoli: Boil 8-10 minutes.
Fish: Only canned tuna and fish and chips as a treat on a Friday.

I made this two days ago

It was delicious, but don't use a whole onion unless you want diarrhea!

I like to cut up chicken breasts or tenders into smaller pieces and cook them on the stove

>spray and season pan w/salt, pepper, garlic and herbs, cayenne (use whatever you want)
>start stove on medium-high and throw chicken on
>apply seasoning mix to raw/bare side of chicken while it cooks
>flip chicken over and cook it all thoroughly to your liking
>eat right away or store for meal prep

quick, easy, and tasty af

Thank you autism

>awkward question of why you have no goddamn seasonings in your kitchen
found the coal burner

Chicken thighs are better than breast, so fucking tasty. Plus you get all the bones to make soup

>whole chicken master race
>two chickens a week and then soup or something for the next week

Nice

I agree with this

Will make this when I finish work. Thanks.

>season the pan

are all u lift fags retarded? im a chef and you would never season the pan you fucking retard

I tried this the other day and the patties were falling apart.

Slice up the tuna finely if you have tuna chunks and avoid my mistake.

Gets some tips then Sifu

made these the other day, can confirm they are fucking delicious

>Im a cook
>never season the pan
no you aren't

>there's a noticeable difference between putting seasoning into the pan, placing protein on top, and then seasoning the top compared to seasoning it completely separate and then adding it to the pan

you're the kinda person i make deseed strawberries

Don't antagonize him bretheten.Let him elaborate, preferably by posting step by step recipes of meaty goodness.

the triple dubs calling you an idiot can't be ignored

low carb turkey meatballs
2lb ground turkey
2 egg
3tsp dried oregano
3TBL dried parsley
2tsp dried garlic
2tsp dried onion
2 tsp red pepper
.5 cup almond meal
1tsp kosher salt
.5 tsp black pepper

makes 30 balls, bake 425 till done ~18 minutes

roughly 80cal 4.5g fat .7g carb 9.3g protons per ball

if you want you a crisper ball you can roll it in a bit of almond meal

Holy shit, that looks awesome. Keep em comin please.

I cook my brocoli (and many other vegetables) in the microwave, instead of boiling. The flavour stay in the brocoli instead of going into the water, so the result is much more flavorful. I add olive oil and lemon.

Just add a little bit of water before cooking so that the brocolis aren't burned by the microwaves but instead cook in the steam. And of course don't overcook, it should stay firm.

>How do you cook your chicken?
Pic related.

Chicken and rice with asian seasoning is my go-to lean protein meal.

>Strips of chicken breast sauteed in a pan with low-Na soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and pepper
>over white/brown rice (brown rice has more vitamins and minerals, as well as calories)
>broccoli steamed on the side (boil a pot of water with a strainer full of broccoli on top)

Kind of boring but the protein makes my brain fire off some dopamine, so I'm happy.

Beautiful work. Make us a graphic for master chef's turkeyballs

Basic shredded chicken. Empty boneless skinless chicken breast meat into a crockpot with half a cup of water. Cook on high for 5-6 hours then shred.

Can ya be more specific with the amount of garlic and shit?

No seasoning? Oh and sorry in advance for this.

>rain drops
>drop top
>gains bird cookin' in the crock pot

i im im working right now faggots

don't add the lemon, way too tangy at least for my taste
do add brown a bit of brown mustard. if not to the mix than too w/e you eat it with.

Just wanna say that I support you. I've never heard of throwing your seasonings in your pan before your meat. There are many reasons why that is inferior/wouldn't work.

>steel chopsticks

either you're a fedora wearing faggot, or you're a handsome motherfucker with some spare cash.

what is it?

get back to the dish wash area, juan. we don't pay you to be in the kitchen longer than it takes to grab our pans.

yes all your doing is burning the fucking "seasoning or powder" it doesnt get cooked into the meat at all. epecially if you just place chili flakes into a pan its just gonna burn by the time you flip the meat and taste bitter or shitty. what kind of recipies do u robots want. ill red pill you all. i also hate meal preppers i only eat fresh

I just eyeball it mang. Try these and if it's too much or too little adjust accordingly next time. If it's just a single serving it would be:

.5 lb chiken (one breast) I used less in the picture
>2.5 Tb of soy sauce
>~1.75 Tb of sesame oil
>1-1.25 tsp garlic powder or minced fresh (fresh is obv better)
>sprigs of garnish on top (cilantro pictured, but green onion would be better)
>half cup of rice, i use the 555 method, put rice in until boiling, turn down to med for 5 min, 5 min on low, 5 min on off to absorb excess water

I'm half asian and half the first.

Kek

I do this quite a bit, only I just use the egg white and I add in mustard and other dry spices. Good stuff.

Enlighten us dougie fresh. Seriously halp

Buy a smoker to cook your chicken and never look back!

traegergrills.com/

Who knew the kitchen at Applebee's was so clean?

We're poor and live in apartments. Don't you have drill at 6am?

These are good but cut the salt in half imo

I like playing around with combining the chicken with different sauces in the crock pot. Cream of mushroom soup works well, as does spaghetti sauce. Soy + teriyaki is tasty too.

This one is great, but I make some adjustments.
Use 1/4 of the onion.
Add some dill or relish to taste.
Add either some lemon zest or squeeze some juice over the finished product.

One of my easy go to meals is chicken salad. Not that sweet crap with apples and raisins and all that other bullshit.

>Boil 3lb (cheap) chicken breasts in heavily salted and peppered water.
>Finely chop 1/4 to 1/3 large red onion
>Do the same to celery to make an equal sized pile
>Finely dice or mildly blend some dill pickles to taste
>Cube the chicken once cooked (size is up to preference, you could also shred it)
>Bind it all together with a half and half mixture of mayo and unflavored Greek yogurt. Make it as wet or dry as you want.
>Slap in some salt and pepper, and voila an adaptable and not too unhealthy meal.
Optionally, roast and dice some peppers for added vitamin c and flavor. I like poblanos or jalepeƱos from time to time.

Throw it on a pile of spinach for a salad, on some bread for a sandwich, in a tortilla with some veggies for a wrap, or just eat as is.

Basic egg n cheese wrap
1 large tortilla
2-3 eggs
2 slices of bacon
1-2 slice of cheese
BBQ sauce for liking

Make bacon first and then eggs ( scrambled )
Mix cheese w/ egg
Cook tortilla
Cut bacon up and put e+b in tortilla

Can't cook for shit so make the most basic things possible plus 0 good Ingredients to work with

i work at palermos pizza on 95th in chicago faggot we do more than 1.2 million in sales a year

gourmete italian food

Goat cheesecake recipe:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141848361

I like to season my salmon the way my mom did when I was a kid.

In a bowl combine soy sauce, brown sugar, a shake of red pepper flakes, a little bit of oyster sauce or fish sauce, pepper, and sesame oil. Throw in your fillet and then wrap your fish in tinfoil.

Throw it in the oven at 350-360F for 30 minutes.

It's fucking delicious.

For frozen Mahi-Mahi fillets, throw the ice chunk of fish in a baking dish, and spritz with soy sauce and pepper, then pour a sweet salsa (I like pineapple salsa) on top. Put tinfoil over the top, and cook at 365F for 25 minutes, then pull the tinfoil off and let it finish cooking for five more minutes.

I normally have rice with most of meals as I'm one of those celiacs fucks. I like to make "spanish" rice by adding a tspn of cumin, chili powder, cilantro, paprika, and a little salt while it's cooking. When it's done, add a little lime juice and a tbspn of olive oil if you're feeling frisky.

I've found out that I can't live off of broccoli and sweet potatoes, so I like to peel, cube, and bake butternut squash for a side. It microwaves well, and is even okay cold.

Kabocha is probably the bomb cold, though, but cooking it is a huge pain. If anyone has any tips/pointers on how to cut it without just throwing it onto the pavement and hoping for it to bust open, I'd appreciate it.

Place frozen broccoli florets in the microwave for 2 minutes.

Easy there Parmesan bae, I'm just trolling. The quality of your recipe speaks to your credentials. Thanks for the contribution.

>not building your manly smoke yourself using an old oil barrel

cuck

barely dodged some cement shoes there buddy

If I buy a load of veggies and steam them, can I keep them in a container for the next couple of days and just add them to my meals?

I'm worried I'm wasting the nutrients when boiling them and not eating them straight away.

Fuck yeah, I've been on the thigh grind for a month. Just put a bit of coconut oil in a pan and fry them for 15 minutes or whatever. The skin is like crack, and they don't need any more seasoning than a sprinkle of salt before cooking. Delicious. I just had 3 right now and I want more.

>400

thats way too fucking hot

350 is plenty and you can even do 325 if your oven has a fan

robitussin
sprite
jolly ranchers

>cast iron skillet
>high heat
>slice potatoes and cook them in 1 tsp of oil with salt and pepper
>plate
>place 2 chicken thighs into pan, salt and pepper and spice mix
>flip once
>plate

~700 calories with 60g protein. Chicken thighs are tastier than breasts and will keep you fuller longer due to the fat content.

My mom unironically cooks all my food. I'm 24.

Tuna is way too fucking expensive desu. Chicken thighs and breasts are where it's at.

a meal prep some chicken tenderloins in the beginning of the week. usually in a pot with sauce to make it moist. I've done enchiladas, teriyaki, butter chicken, alfredo etc you get the point.

wa la!

lol no

i cook 425 for 20-25 depending on size. juiciest fuckin chicken man

>not cooking chicken first
>not using chicken fat to cook potatoes
never gonna make it

bro no

25 minutes at 325 after you've pan seared it and marinated it is the way to go

350 if your oven has no fan

imgur.com/a/5nbmA

fitfood.imgur.com/

please excuse some duplicates

>canned tuna
>expensive
Where the fuck do you live? Mars?

>"chef"
>works at a coney island

I'll just leave this here, great dessert!

Btw, does anyone know where to find high-protein oats that cost as much as normal ones?