Veeky Forums, I fucking hate university

What the hell do I do with myself Veeky Forums. I'm not struggling in school at all, I just don't enjoy anything about it anymore. In fact, I hate it. The gym is the only thing that makes me happy anymore.

The ONLY reason I want to stay is to have a chance at getting an officer's commission after I graduate. Talk me out of dropping everything and enlisting.

To keep this Veeky Forums related, what's your favorite lift? DL here.

>what's your favorite lift
Clean and press

Squat

>what's your favorite lift
I've recently started doing Hang Clean to Deep Front Squat to Push Presses, and I think its my new favorite lift

life sucks, everyone knows this faggot.

unless you're pursuing anything in STEM, get the fuck out while you can. if you don't enjoy what you're learning/doing now, you're going to hate it even more with a degree and no job in the future.

Incline bench presses

>I'm not struggling in school at all, I just don't enjoy anything about it anymore.
Better than struggling in school and not enjoying it.

If you've got any chance of getting a commission DO. NOT. ENLIST.

Much about the military blows ass, no matter if you're enlisted or officer, but being an officer means you're giving at least a few orders as opposed to doing nothing but taking them. Plus, better pay and slightly more control over your life.

holy fuck are you me?

>currently Electrical Engineering
>Hate it, miss more class than I should
>Do poorly, hate it more
rinse and repeat

also looking for a commission after, what branch? what year are you in school?

my favorite lift is either incline bench or deadlift

Deadlift or clean&jerk. I like Squats but they hurt my neck.

Shit man, I go into Uni in a couple of weeks... What are you studying into?

Marine Corps, 2nd year

Try to enlist while you're still in school.

You'd be surprised the amount of times people try this, and find out that they're not qualified to join the military. If you find out you can't join the services, you'll have to buck up and finish your degree.

I went military right out of High school as I had no clue what I wanted to do, and no money for school. My experience was a ratio of 50:50 cool stuff to shitty stuff, and when I got out I had intense motivation to go to school and get a useful degree.

Also, nursing reasonably well and you're surrounded by semi-attractive girls in every class.

turning 23 this semester. major makes me want to die. nnly going part time and still getting rekt by classes. can probably graduate within a year if I don't fail/die.

Dead lift and Bench are fun.

nothing's challenging you in life. try to find something to strive for. feel the white man's greed within you.

Sell drugs and don't ever do them that's what I did

I guess you're right about me not feeling challenged. That's part of the reason why I want to join the military, I don't really feel any particular direction in my life and want a life that's a little faster paced. The days feel like they are dragging on and I'm getting sick of it, plus I want a little bit of a challenge since most of my life growing up I was a fat lazy fuck. I've been getting fit and I've never been in such good shape before.

i suggest trying to find something that's both challenging and rewarding. Personally the things I enjoy are the ones where you can see progression happen in little bits - such as getting good on a musical instrument or a combat sport.

Perhaps try to find something you find meaningful, and want to dedicate your time to.

The first part of what you said is exactly why I started lifting.

I had it in mind to join the military anyway, but my family was so against the idea of me enlisting and instead pushed me to go through college so I could get a commission. I wish I would have enlisted, I feel so out of place here and am absolutely not happy with being in college. Sure I'm still with all my high school friends save for the ones that enlisted, but it just doesn't fulfill me. Not only that, but I'm in debt because le go to college it'll be rewarding and you'll love it le best years of your life

I feel. I joined a frat that I hate now and am leaving. Whenever I go out I don't know anyone, and it's me and my friends all drinking together with no girls(and what's the point since people only go out to get laid). It doesn't help that I'm autistic either.

I like flyes a lot.

Huge mistake

Drop ouof and enlist. After your 4 you can go back to school if you choose with the gi bill

I'm not sure honestly, either skullcrushers or triceps extensions.

And also uni fag. Fucking hate it as well, I dropped a class so the rest of the semester will be easy shit but I'm fucked for my last 2 years
>want to drop out and wage slave before I accumulate serious debt cause I know I'm too autistic to get a job in my field

Major?

>tfw home exam due in less than 4 days and haven't started yet

Why? I want to carry on the family tradition

Aerospace engineering, it's cool and I love my major specific classes but its some other shit that gives me cancer

I'm thinking of dropping out of school. I have two exams this week and I'm not ready for either of them. I'm already doing poorly in all my classes and I haven't really made any friends.

I got a job as a server in a nice area. I make good tips, but its not enough to where I can make a good living.

I though about going back to Community college and get a cert in HR or something business related. Maybe even something in IT because from what I heard, you don't need a degree to be in IT (depending on the area).

Idk guys I'm 23 now and yet I feel like I'm in my fucking 30's. All my high school friends have their degrees, are getting married, having kids, and buying houses. While I'm just sitting here shit posting on a south Indian cotton picking board.

fuck me

Listen you sheep. Some traditions are good and some are bad. Intentionally fucking your self over is not a good tradition and if your father is a reasonable guy than he'll agree right? Choose another branch.
Like? You mean non major classes?

Bottom
Part was meant for

It only gets worse my man.
I'm in the same exact position as you except I'm 28, my job is AT the university so if I drop out I lose my comfy job, and I haven't passed a class in 2 years and have no financial aid.

I do have financial aid. I think will have to pay back a percenage of my finaid if I fail or drop out. Since I went to community college for a long time, I didn't really have to take out loans. Once I went to a 4 year school, I had to take a few loans out.

I currently owe $3500 in loan, so I guess its not too bad.

How is that even possible?

Yeah like some core classe. I understand there importance but I don't get the physics sometimes, as we learn such a broad spectrum that I feel I won't need but I get they are just trying to prepare us for everything

My nigger
Chances are enlisting is nothing like you expect. The job you want, if it's even available might have a 6 month wait to
Ship. You if you drop out to early you'll be sitting around with your thumb up your ass for 6 months.

I wish I had enlisted while I was young. Now I'm 28 and I don't to be bossed around by bunch of kids.

Everyone says that. Just join a specific tough Just with fast advancement where it won't matter.
Word

University is almost literally a meme now. The only reason to go is to network, and you can do that just by attending without paying.

dude stay in school if your job has prospects or transition to something you'd enjoy/with good prospects.

pretty much everything outside of engineer/cs/majors with skills and is entry level is mind numbing slavery.

t. degree in physics, spend all day getting coffee and correcting typos for dumb fuck boss and get bullied by the engineers at a consulting firm

>making friends with a bunch of clueless acne ridden millenials in class will land you a job

this is topkek shit. the people who hire you are babyboomers who coasted their way into a position and think you're all a bunch of lazy spoiled cunts because you know how to use the internet.

the bar shouldn't be on your neck dude

Yeah idk man I've just been wondering if school is for me. I've been in school for 5 years and I'm still a fucking junior. I hate my major ( accounting) and I've already switched twice. The reason why I picked accounting was because it pays well and their are a lot of job openings. I can't see myself doing it though. Also I'm failing so hard in all my classes. I don't think I have a chance to pass.

I'm a fucking mess. I really don't want to work in the restaurant forever, but I really don'r think there is anything else out there for me.

I know this, but the other option still involving education is to go into massive debt and stress to do the same damn thing.

Don't be an officer, everyone will make fun of you when you're not around.

I don't want to choose another branch, this means a lot to me personally

I'm near halfway through my first semester of first year, all the intro courses are either really vague or boring since they have to appeal to people who didn't learn this stuff in highschool.
I'm just doing it because I have nothing else to do at the moment. I don't feel like there's any danger of not passing either, it's all so simple.

On the bright side I have an assessment day for Army Reserves tomorrow which I've been wanting to do for a long time and finally made the effort to apply. That should be more enjoyable than just Uni alone.

honestly my man, try to ask your registrar or whoever at the university to take a semester deferral and use that time to sort yourself. you can also ask/consult with a school psychiatrist for this. dropping out and wasting your credits is the dumber option but a semester deferral might not seem too bad.

i wish i did that in my final year instead of crashing down and having a complete apathy for life and fuck up my post-graduate plans.
i'm slowly recovering and have found the motivation to do what i want and get back into lifting/running after a year hiatus.

university sucks ass, it's terrible, boring torture. mindless people. mindless teachers.

but the job after uni sucks even more. the 9to5 grind.

just skip both if you are aiming for a happy and succesful life

and do what exactly?

start a company. or buy into a small company as owner. or start freelancing whatever you are good at, you are your own boss then

you understand all this requires capital and high risk right?

we're not all born with the ability to get a small loan of a million dollars user.

Bro please reconsider. Did you read what I said? You are choosing the worst option on purpose just to enjoy fucking yourself over.

>school psychiatrist

Yeah the guy at my school said I had server depression and so he wrote me a note for Wellburtrin. I didn't take it because a lot of people on here and on /r9k/ said it fucked them up even more. Tbh working out is a better anti depressant.

yeah idk maybe I'll take a break. The problem is that I need to finish up and get a better paying job so that I can help my mom with the bills. I'm trying really hard to get a simple desk job, in some tech firm or a hospital. I feel like a desk job will open up more doors than just working in a restaurant.

I've been NEET since leaving high school because I was of the opinion uni is cucking yourself financially and some other factors. Honestly it would be amazing if I had other friends who didn't work 9-5 and I had enough passive income to do what I wanted. I have a decent lump sum currently but i hate spending because i dont have an income. Kinda sucks atm cause I don't know what to do from here. Lifting keeps me sane and healthy but overall life is getting lame. Seriously though I've spent so long looking for answers long term but short of hitting a home run with a business start up there's nothing to stop me getting sucked up by the 9-5 machine soon enough.
I'll probably just kms
Heck who am I kidding I don't have the balls
This life can't make sense. Apocalyptic/extinction event when?

honestly, simple desk jobs will not get you promoted, people will still view you as shit if you don't have professional qualifications/certs.

big organizations have no way to sort people on merit/ability alone so they just look at sheets of paper and rubber stamp it.

You will literally never again in your life meet more educated and intelligent people than lecturers at uni.

Unless your university sucks, your major sucks, your life sucks and you are shit at every class, so...

m8 we weren't built for this life, we were supposed to be savages and shit relying on our wits and abilities to survive and roaming the world freely.

modern civilization is an absolute meme, humans need to go back to their roots and just eat what you catch/hunt and kill or be killed. it turned apes into thinking men after all.

Yeah that why I'm thinking about getting some kind of cert at a CC, but I just don't know what kind of cert I should get. I know I'm still somewhat young, but for some reason, I feel like an old man.

I just want a better job. I fucking hate working at the restaurant. As long as I can find a good job where I'll make enough money to help my mom, I'm happy.

It's some fedora shit but yeah it's 100% true. Modern life is basically a foreign environment for the human brain/body due to the rapid advancement in pretty much everything from technology to medicine to industry. Evolution didn't even get a minute to catch up and trying to make sense of it all right now is like trying to stick a triangle in a rectangular hole.

I sometimes wonder if I ahould even go back to uni. I had a full-ride to any college, got in, but had the post travel blues when i came back from studying abroad (Paris). Smoked about 3Gs a day for a full week before uni started. That shit really fucked my semester. I wasn't as social as I was, didn't go to class. Just stayed in my dorm playing Overwatch all fucking day.
I was considering joining the Airforce or some bullshit but i don't even know at this point. I still have a chance to get my full ride back, but idk
/blog

/shitty blog*

>a few years of college you don't enjoy vs being a bottom feeding grunt for the rest of your life

Are you serious? How is this even a decision?
Protip: most people who studied a respectable course at best tolerated it, most didn't particularly enjoy it. I did engineering and it fucking sucked. Sure I like working as an engineer but the course was mostly bullshit

Age?
Air Force is for women and faggots and im not joking so join another branch.

Evolution is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing and you are being selected against.

>implying killing people makes you a man

>muh reens

I didn't say or imply that. I'm telling you the af is a joke and the advancement is amazingly slow because it's so easy that no one ever gets out. Look it up fag.
No. Never join them either. The only 2 choices are army or navy.

Pros and cons for army and navy? I have a friend in the Navy and an ex in the army kek. I would rather go to the Navy so I won't have to see her bitchass

Is this a joke? The army is like 400000 people there's zero chance you'd ever see her. Anyway the army and navy are the best choices for a lot of reasons. From there it all depends what job you want man. Plus if you really wanna be on a ship then obv navy. If you wanna go fuck around in the desert and woods then probably army. But there's loads of crossover. Again it literally all depends on the job you want.

The only other branch I'd even slightly consider is the Navy. But I've more or less made my mind up about the Marines. I know quality of life is shit, promotions are slow, etc. but I'm being serious when I say that this is important to me personally, and not just to carry on a family tradition. I am doing this because I honestly want to.

School is tearing my mind apart, I just wish I had the balls to quit and enlist. I don't want my parents to think I'm a dropout loser though.

squats

my man

>whaaa I don't like studying because I can't watch chink cartoons and learn how to build super computers at the same time

just do the best you can, be as organised and healthy as you can. You start doing well and it gets easy, real easy. while you're friends are struggling to have everything in on time you'll be having a relaxing day at the gym cause you've finished your work

I prefer to go to the gym before first light just so I can feel more energized throughout the day. I quit engineering just so I'd feel a little less stressed and have more time to enjoy college, but I still feel constantly busy and still am not enjoying myself.

I dunno, maybe I just wasn't mentally ready for college when I enrolled.

Gondola makes me a little bit happier whenever I see him, thanks