So I got an internship at pic related this summer. This means access to great gyms and unlimited food from 5 star cooks...

So I got an internship at pic related this summer. This means access to great gyms and unlimited food from 5 star cooks. I plan on gaining 20 pounds over this summer by aiming for 4k calories and working out 5 days a week. What work out plan should I use Veeky Forums?
I have three months of unlimited food and gym time and don't want to waste it.

nice my nigger make sure you got tons of contacts while youre there

Destroy it from the inside OP

Since I'm still at a beginner lifting level I want to do low rep for strength and high rep for the looks. With a great diet I want do possibly a PPL with lots of accessories?

zucc the shit out of minion pages when you can on my behalf pham

software engineer intern. us nerds don't believe in contacts

>software engineer intern. us nerds don't believe in contacts
oh yeah, forgot that half of an internship isn't about networking

At first focus on strength w/ heavy compound barbell lifts

too much accesories afterwards will overwhelm you and tire you

do something for example like on chest/triceps day:

Bench 1x5 (Warmup), 4x5 (Intensity)
Dips 4x8
Flyes 4x8
Tricep varieties 5x12

nice and simple, hits all necessary muscles

Then once you've built up the strength you can begin to add isolation/hypertrophy necessities such as:

Incline DB Press 4x10
Skullcrushers 4x8
Butterfly pec-deck 4x12
Cable Crossover 4x10

etc

Thanks for the help. That makes a lot of sense. Now what do you think is a benchmark I need to hit before adding those isolation ones. I have a hard time finding routines that aren't too focused on either spectrum but your example of a chest/tricep day was perfect.

I guess I need a way to know whats the min amount of exercises I need to do each day to hit all the muscles I need without doing too much iso work.

how did you get this gig OP

Applied online with resume. Went through two interviews. Got the offer.

So I guess hard work, knowledge, and a little bit of luck.

Generally the main compound barbell lifts will hit all muscles, but it isn't a given.

You could go by a rule of thumb where you do 1 or 2 barbell compounds in a workout with low reps (under 8) for 3 - 5 sets and then add 3 or 4 other exercises (either isolation machines or dumbbell compound movements) that complement the barbell compound, but with high reps/volume to actually grow the muscle/look good.

The Veeky Forums benchmark to start adding isolations solely for hypertrophy is generally 1/2/3/4 but hardly anyone sticks with SS or SL until that level without accessories.

I remember when I started and I didn't care about strength and only wanted to look nice and ripped, and then 8 months down the line I was like "I just want to get big and get strong." That's when I started lifting for myself.

besides cramming the usual CtCI, leetcode shite what was on your resume?

A couple cool projects, I gained access to a database and helped them fix it, gained access and was able to deface a corps site but helped them fix it instead. Also a failed startup I cofounded.

But once you make it past the resume screening they just use your interviews really. They also ask a lot of dynamic programming questions.

> 1/2/3/4

could you explain that? But yeah that's what I typically do now just don't have a program yet I just randomly do different days.

1/2/3/4 refers to how many 20kg or 45lbs plates are equally dispersed on each side of the bar, as well as the exercise being performed

1 = 60kg Overhead Press (2x45lbs plates + 45lbs olympic bar)
2 = 100kg Benchpress (4x45lbs plates + 45lbs olympic bar)
3 = 140kg Squat (6x45lbs plates + 45lbs olympic bar)
4 = 180kg Deadlift (8x45lbs plates + 45lbs olympic bar)

I only know mobile dev FWIW. I applied pretty late and didn't get a response. Not sure if that's because I applied late or because my work isn't impressive. jdimsa

I applied in late February but that is still considered late. When did you apply? I know for a fact the last day to sign for summer interns was a week and three days ago.

If you don't make it past the resume screening they won't even contact you.

>tfw now I know I wasn't good enough
I applied earlier than that. Welp, time to off myself.

make your own facebook or something faggot

don't rat race the other nerds. i bee-lieve in you, user

4k calories is a lot bro. How much do you weigh?
For reference, I'm 6'0" 170lbs, lifting 3 times a week with sports 2 days a week and I'm bulking on 3300

not smart enough and too poor to fall for the be an entrepreneur meme

You're gonna be our insider, steal as many private info of virgin qts as possible.

Fucking hell you're set OP, I am insanely jealous, just pack it on OP, every meal should hurt and you should always be bloated, also lift 7 days a week, are you doing a split?

150 @ 6'1.

Thats the plan!

Also yes I think I'll be doing a 5 day split. Not 7 because I plan on playing sports for 1 day a week at least and at least one day where I can get baked on that cali kush :P

Why does every nerd on Veeky Forums pretend to be a software enginneer/ code monkey? I fell for that meme and went for a degree that involved some coding and fucking hated it. All the kids I met that were good programmers were the most autistic unbearable fags I have ever met who always thought they were the smartest person in the room despite not being able to talk without stuttering and staring at the floor. OP maybe your not one of them and congrats on scoring the internsip, you'll be able to work anywhere now. I've been looking for a systems analyst internship the past month and have probably filled out 40 applications and minus the one interview I am waiting to hear back from I haven't heard shit.

Wrong. Last year I applied around September and got a two line rejection email.

Fast forward 8 months my Uni's recruiter cold contacts me about starting me in the summer 2017 process.

I did the interviews, got lucky on my questions, and got the offer.

Since I'm a naturally good public speaker I wouldn't say I'm autistic haha. Thanks but thats a fact with any STEM field. The best are usually the ones with the most free time to stay in their rooms. Aka these "unbearable fags".

But they will fail very hard to get the best jobs since communication is huge. Those guys usually get mid tier companies because of lack of personality.

Coding isn't for everyone and lots of people are bad at it and just pretend. Clean up your resume and even if you can't find anything look for positions at your school. Guarantee they would hire you for IT work and any experience is better then none.

Good job. Applied last spring and didn't get an email so maybe I just didn't see it.

Menlo Park, CA or are you somewhere else? I wish my school was good enough to have a Uni recruiter from FB haha.

>access to great gyms and unlimited food from 5 star cooks
he fell for the memes hard

>Why does every nerd on Veeky Forums pretend to be a software enginneer/ code monkey?
>All the kids I met that were good programmers were the most autistic unbearable fags I have ever met who always thought they were the smartest person in the room despite not being able to talk without stuttering and staring at the floor.

Sounds like you just answered your own question.
>Because they are!

>ll the kids I met that were good programmers were the most autistic unbearable fags I have ever met who always thought they were the smartest person in the room despite not being able to talk without stuttering and staring at the floor.
Some of you newfags are hilarious. You really are oblivious to the sort of people this site is largely composed of.

oh well then. 24k for 12 weeks should still get me some decent food and a gym then :^)

Since when is Facebook paying an intern that much

There's a good chance that -- get this -- a site like this, inhabited mostly by introverted children of the internet and males in particular, has a higher proportion of software and CSfags

I am an autistic fag who can communicate well enough to get a decent job coding

Since last summer. For software engineer interns its free housing at a hotel (5k a month usually) and 8k a month for twelve weeks at 40 hours a week. So 50$ per hour.

I get free housing at my parents place but I dont include the value in my salary

No need for logic he just wants to rant because he couldn't find a way to be better at coding then those fags. He hates the fact they'll probably have better jobs because they were more dedicated to it.

Bay Area wages are ridiculously bloated, largely thanks to the highest cost of living in the country

I've had friends graduating who are making $130k out of the gate, but half of that is going to go towards living in a cheap box

Yeah you don't understand. This 8k is cash a month. I'm not including the free housing. Free housing is another 5k of value on top of the 8k paycheck.

you win this time, facebook

Yeah comparing those kinda wages to my europoor wages is some crazy shit