antranik.org/bodyweight-training
globalbodyweighttraining.com
startbodyweight.com
/r/bodyweightfitness
fitloop.co

>Youtube Channels

youtube.com/user/GymnasticBodies

>Safest Static Hold Progression

Steady State Cycles: www.antranik.org/how-to-implement-a-steady-state-training-cycle

>Common Prereqs

www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/3750-prerequisites/?p=93540

>Wrists mobility

Foundation Handstand One

>Bicep Tendon Prep

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaH_HUMooyM

>Scooby teaches you how to do a pull Up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRznU6pzez0

>How to make parallettes out of PVC

library.crossfit.com/free/pdf/13_03_Parallettes.pdf

>Foundation series (4 books + 2 Handstand + Rings)

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

>Overcoming gravity

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:ad0739445c9cc5177e2b48c6f216521e8c8ddff4&dn=Overcoming+Gravity+%28gnv64%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fpublic.popcorn-tracker.org%3A6969

>FAQ

>is my routine good?
if it has no progression, you are just doing cardio and maintaining

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X-G9r-rD8fY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHlTKsWWYjU
youtube.com/watch?v=CxTEXOMDyP4
youtube.com/channel/UCcv13ZJfO0z8LX4MTQQ8wbg
youtube.com/watch?v=spcB4wzG7tM&t=187s
youtube.com/watch?v=uytV8kpFKtU
youtube.com/watch?v=HCBNzXNfaLM
startbodyweight.com/p/some-sample-custom-programs.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kL_NJAkCQBg
youtube.com/watch?v=IODxDxX7oi4
youtube.com/watch?v=entUXhcgt3c&t=446s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Left side is the exercise, right side is the mobility for that exercise, you do mobility between reps

FSAS - Fundamental Straight Arm Strength
FBAS - Fundamental Bent Arm Strength
FLS - Fundamental Leg Strength

the numbers like 5x60s means mastery for the movement, in this case you look at 60s/60rep template and follow that progression, once you hit mastery (can do 5x60s) you move to the next level

for negative movements, 5x5x10s means you descend for 10s each rep

>SL
SL progression seems to be different from PDF's

new addition to op:
youtube.com/watch?v=X-G9r-rD8fY

>bodyweight training doesint get you strong

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aHlTKsWWYjU [Open]

W2C 2nd edition of OG

This routine worth anything?

I saw that in the other thread, do you know the name of the gymnast?

eh I don't find it balanced, desu
it has two push up variations plus dips

I also don't like the progression, going from nothing to a push up is 5 exercises, Foundation is already long ass progress but it only takes one exercise before normal push up to achieve a push up, while pull ups are treated on the same progress level as a push up

A lot of gymnasts do non-calisthenic weightlifting so they body becomes lighter by comparison to their peak work output potential.

youtube.com/watch?v=CxTEXOMDyP4

Avery massey

youtube.com/channel/UCcv13ZJfO0z8LX4MTQQ8wbg

youtube.com/watch?v=spcB4wzG7tM&t=187s

Heres pusssy boi Lachlan doing benchpress aswell.

youtube.com/watch?v=uytV8kpFKtU

gymnast vs powerbodybuilder

Guys I am total noob who wants to get started.
There are a lot of sources in OP and it is hard for inexperienced person to choose one so I'll ask you what program in your opinion is the best choice for beginner?

newbie here, what is bodyweight? what does it mean? is it just exercises without weights?

Yes, using your bodyweight as resistance

I'm Struggling to understand how to put a routine together from all this info.
Could someone give an example of a beginners routine from this.
Is it divided into three different work outs, Bent, Straight and Legs?
Cheers

I can't do a single pull up. What should i do in order to be able to do at least one?

>Avery massey
he is not an olympic athlete, is it? can't find him winning any medals

I'm the Foundations advocate here, AMA

to some extent, yes, but you will hit strength ceiling pretty fast, if you only care about skill work then your strength journey will end there, if you want to get stronger and increase muscle mass, you will have to add weight to your exercises, meaning do things like weighted dips and pull ups, for an idea just watch all the videos in OP

If you can/want download the PDF, it has routines in it. It depends how many times a week you want/can train, I do ABxABxx routine, personally, if you can't download torrent tell me how many days a week you want to train I'll give you screenshot of the program

RC progression from Foundation

pullup negative, inverted rows, assisted pullups

>I'm the Foundations advocate here, AMA
What could be a good routine if I can barely make 10 push ups?
I am posting from the phone so can't really check the files

I couldn't do 15 inclined push ups when I started Foundation, haven't stalled on progression yet, just had delays due to health issues. It's a good place to start.

>tfw can't assume the pike pushup form because lower body is tight as hell

Wish I hadn't been such a sperg during my teen. I've been stretching every day for around 2 week now and I can almost touch my feet but it's going to be a while before I can assume that damn A form.

stretching progress is slow as fuck, user
hang in there

I can do 20 paused solid reps pull ups @ 170lbs body weight.

How good am I?

Beginner level? idk what you are asking, user

>to some extent, yes, but you will hit strength ceiling pretty fast, if you only care about skill work then your strength journey will end there, if you want to get stronger and increase muscle mass, you will have to add weight to your exercises, meaning do things like weighted dips and pull ups, for an idea just watch all the videos in OP

>wow you can post a gify

My main exercise is marathon training, butt i want to keep some decent strength to fight of drunks and streetscum, what would be the best? Used to do a lot of random boddyweight training in the past but never really got into the advanced stuff, just a lot of reps.

i now somewhat follow this on the easy jog days but is this optimal?

Well if you were smart you'd have transitioned to weighted pull-ups by now

if you want to fight, pick up some fighting sport

>is it optimal
not sure what you describe as 'optimal'
If you want to maintain your upper body, just pick some exercises and do them 5x15r or 5x60s for static ones, for 3 weeks, 4th week is deload 5x5 and 5x30s respectively

Why are you such a faggot, OP? where do you get off being wrong in your own general? You clearly have enthusiasm for calisthenics. So why are you so consistently unhelpful?

How much of a meme is convict conditioning? I got the ebook for free and am wondering if it's worth following through on the program

Leg training?
Are pistols enough for maintanig gains through the barbell or?

Do it with elevated feet. It requires more strength, but less flexibility.

It isn't optimal, but it's better than nothing. You can modify it a bit or just download foundation.

I don't think I used the meme wrong

much of a meme, just because you get something for free, doesn't mean it's any good

won't get far with legs with bw SLS, even foundation suggests adding weight

so much of a meme that I shouldn't even use it as a starting point?

You've been given a far superior, non-meme program in Foundation, for free, to follow. Why would you fuck with CC at all?

what do you guys recommend in terms of handstand progression?

right now I'm doing chest to wall for 5x30s with 1-2 minute rest in between each. Working on staying completely hollow and keeping body tension through my whole body. At what point do I start working on pulling my feet away from the wall?

foundation is trash
ive been doing it for around year and had to cheat all the time because mastering progression was required stupidly long holds
anyway i got it around half through but stopped because it was boring and stupid and achieved most of the final stuff fucking around by myself much quickier

because it's 6 simple progressions that look easy to work into my regular weight training routine and is easy to follow.

it's shit tier 'workout bait', like click bait but for working out

Handstand One and Two

>trash program
>I can't follow it so I cheat
>implying and estating

How long have you been doing it? I've only been doing this for about a week but last time I went to get into handstand I realized I could balance on my hands just fine, just wasn't able to do push up. I think, don't do chest to wall. That is not conducive to feeling out your balance. Do back/butt to wall and see how far from the wall you can take it. Use you intuition and experiment. This should be fun not intellectual.

Will I be able to do more normal pushups, like say 80 in a row, if I do push up progressions? I need to do a lot of push-ups for military or tests

try follow the 60rep progression from Foundation

Yeah man coach sommer loves his cookie cutter programs, that pretentious prick cant train gold metal gymnast.

satan

youtube.com/watch?v=HCBNzXNfaLM

based tyson edwards

bump

But can it maintain gains? Not always having access to weights (also the reason i'm doing bw training)

It's been five weeks since I started Foundation. Side Lever is hard.

Here is a template if somebody wants to share their progress. I'd love to check out how far you guys have reached.

I couldn't make the bucket in paint work so you have to use the brush

it will slow down the lose of muscle, at least

you are clearly weak in your back, and for some reason can do 5x60s planks but not vsit ups? weird

level 3 myself, not skipping anything, not like I could, anyway, clearly you didn't start at 0

Do you do any other work besides foundation?

I had a hard time with Straddle up,because of tight hamstrings. But hamstrings are stretched now. I am confident I can achieve mastery in Straddle up this week, but because of mobility reasons I started it at 4x6r( fifth week) and tomorrow I should deload to 5x5r (eighth week). Do you think I should skip to 5x15 r now that tight hamstrings aren't a problem?

What do you mean by level 3? PE3?
I don't know if this is 0 or not but I lifted weights for a year, than a couple of years of nothing and now Foundation.

I'm doing the Start Bodyweight complete beginner routine from
startbodyweight.com/p/some-sample-custom-programs.html
and I have some questions:

1) Can/should I do side planks and regular planks alongside each other, or should I be progressing strictly by the numbers? It seems like I should be doing both a regular plank and then one sideplank for either side.

2) I hold the plank until failure, but my abs don't feel sore afterwards. Am I doing it wrong?

Yeah you need to have a hollow back during plank or else your abs are doing almost no work.
youtube.com/watch?v=kL_NJAkCQBg
This video explains it. If you don't get something ask here or look for other plank proper form videos. As for your first question, you only need to do one variation of the plank per workout.

I also recommend you to check out push up proper form since it also requires you to have a hollow back and the majority of people get it wrong youtube.com/watch?v=IODxDxX7oi4

i like planks and side planks as separate progressions

>almost touch my feet
Focus on your shoulder. Not back. Just let it drop.

Ah, I think I have been letting my back arch a little bit. Thanks!

yeah planks are hard when you squeeze your abs. btw how long did you hold them until now. How long is until failure for you?

I could hold a normal plank for 50 seconds today and a side plank for about 45 on either side. Which makes me think: do you have a good form video for side planks?

Nah I haven't searched for one.

yes, rows and curls with weights

I use the levels as it's more convenient, if you use the template they are numbered, after PE there's SE and that is a bit confusing to me, I started from nothing so I had to work my way up, not sure what exercise you are refering to as 'straddle up', in general as it is said in Foundation, even if you have the strength for exercise, doesn't mean you have the mobility to do it in good form, but it's up to you, really.

ABS DOMS are hard to get, desu, try Manna progression from Foundation for abs

there is one in Foundation book three and four PDF

He says its his first time trying it out

How easy is it to hurt your wrists? I'm following the recommended routine, so I'm doing HS and support training everyday, and my wrist are usually my limiting factor and feel sore for a little bit afterwards. If possible I want to do the workouts more often, but I am afraid of hurting my wrists.

warm up your wrists before if you dont already

I'm a beginner looking for a knuckles push up progression, anybody can help?

>level 1: pushups
>level 2: knuckle pushups

???

realy easy, do your warm ups and don't skip progression of wrist work

wrist work in Foundation

Anyone tried using a weight belt for chin ups and pull ups? Both are too easy for me now, looking for a way to add some more resistance

That's how people add weight to BW exercises, in general.

>not bulking 50lbs to add 50lbs to ALL your lifts

Foundations nooblet here with a question:

The "tempo" is referred to in the context of "maintaining good form and tempo" but I can't see any indicator of what good tempo should be for these exercises.

FYI I am starting close to but not at the absolute bottom (Week 1/PE1 level) so any help is hugely appreciated.

Tempo is just refered to time needed to do one rep, for example if you are doing a push up, and you are starting to pause longer and longer while your arms are straight, that's a 'bad tempo'

As an example of good tempo, each rep in a set takes you two seconds, one second to bend your arm and one second to straigthen the arm, so doing a set of 15 reps for push ups with that tempo would take you 30 seconds total.

I started at the very bottom of Foundation.

I am also doing this shit. I injured my wrists because I worked through the pain on the first exercise - the wrist pushup. For the last week I've been doing all the other wrist exercises except for the wrist pushup and I feel it is almost completely healed. So you don't have to stop altogether- just the exercise in which you feel pain. As to how to prevent hurting your wrist, I think you have to be able to perform an exercise really slow (around 3-4 seconds of controlled movement) before advancing to the next progression.

I think it's possible to do the workouts every day, although not necessary. How often are you doing them now and how often do you want to do them?

Thanks user, this is makes perfect sense. Much appreciated.

Any of you fags do cardio? Like running and shit? It is recommendable?
Any routine or something I should be aware of?
I've been considering it, since my muscle seem to need more time to recover and I absolutely have to exercise otherwise my physical (diabetes) and mental conditions (depression) fuck my shit up extra hard, so on 'rest days' I at least work up a sweat or whatever.

you could also try to asymmetric pull/chin ups. or archer pull ups. or deep pull ups.

Would it be dum is i worked my false grip pull-ups till 3x10?

no, cardio kills gains, faggot

not sure why, better go for 5x15

lmao, you're trolling is not appreciated, can you even do 5 false grip pull-ups?

can someone post the progressions for rings 1?

I am doing skill work once a day, I do the flexibility stretch's twice a day.

Another question, besides the flexibility stretches, what are other way to speed up sore wrist recivery the day after? Should I ice/heat pack them? Just looking to improve my wrist strength a little faster if possible.

Recovery*

wat

it's in torrent, I believe

>speed up recovery
only to use drugs

You should be aware of this if you want to be able to walk without pain after you get over 50. Should help with speed too
youtube.com/watch?v=entUXhcgt3c&t=446s

You are doing foundation right? Do your wrists hurt when you do wrists exercises in easier variations. Go into pic related position and try to do the different wrist exercises against your hand. (White hand is a wall, black hand does the exercises) Press hard when you do them. If you feel any pain from this super light variation your wrist is inflamed. If inflammation is bad you will feel pain even if you don't press hard your hands together.

It's highly advisable to rest longer if you really have an inflammation. But if you want to go hard anyway you could take some anti-inflammatory drugs like an aspirin. The least this can do is confirm the diagnosis - if the pain goes away. I hope you don't fuck your shit up.

Anyone else ignore the foundation mobility? I've found more progress with 2 hour-long dedicated mobility days that follow Emmet Louis and Kit Laughlin.

Yea, to some extent I do ignore it.

I want to give this 2 hour long mobility a try. Can you share it? Btw how long have you been doing foundation?

Nothing special. It's about an hour mobility series does twice a week.

Lower:
2-5 mins each:
Calf stretch
Pike stretch
Middle split stretch
Side pancake stretch
Pancake stretch
3 rounds of this active mobility circuit:
5-10 reps, 10s hold at end
Pike compression leg lifts
Jeff curl, Increase by 5 lbs 4-6 weeks
straddle compression leg lifts
Straddle up

Upper + Bridge:
2-5 mins of each:
Hip flexor
Some type of shoulder hang
thoracic extension over a bench/foam roller
Shoulder extension

3 rounds of active mobility circuit:
5-10 reps, 10s active hold at end
box bridge pushup
Wall slides
weighted dislocate
weighted shoulder extension
rotator cuff exercise
facepulls

Been on foundation for about 6 months. Working tuck planche, l-sit, L-pullups, HeSPU, pistol squat, harop curl, side lever block, front pulls.

How exactly do I open the torrent to download Foundation? I'm apparently a retard-tier pirate.

Is there a book or a site where I can see stuff like tips on execution, proper form and things I should be careful about.

ay man you have advanced quite a bit. Can I ask you some noob questions. Were there exercises that you couldn't do. I haven't figured out where I can do Arch up and Curl up from SL. That's all. Btw did you gain muscle/mass these 6 months?

Open uTorrent. Top left should be File. Click on Add torrent from URL. A window opens. Paste the whole thing there

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:39d3d785f7c6df583af2fa846646a74b3d256cac&dn=Coach Christopher Sommer Mastering Gymnastic Strength Training 2014&tr=udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.mg64.net:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.sktorrent.net:6969/announce

May have to get a new link for the download, said it's not a valid URL.

>Aday
HSPU

False grip Curls

DB Row

one arm Pull down

front squat

hollow hold

compression

face pulls

glute pulls

>Bday
False grip pull-ups

Bench press

Handstand

Power clean

rear delt rows

back extension

plank

weighted decline crunches

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx
Thoughts on my routine outline

Just tried it - it works. You have to copy the whole thing including magnet: ? ....

Thanks, got it to work.