How do you fix Anterior Pelvic Tilt?

Chiropractor said I can't deadlift until I fix this.

I know it's because you have a tight lower back, weak abs, tight hip flexors, and weak hamstrings.

What exercises can I do to cure this?

Veeky Forums help me swallow the APT redpill I JUST WANT TO DEADLIFT

stretch lower back, stretch hip flexors, strengthen core, strengthen hamstrings.

What core exercises can I do that don't engage my hip flexors though?

deadlifts are the cure tho

deadlifts engages the lower back which is already tight af. I don't see how deadlifts would help?

ab-wheel, and planks mostly. cable crunch works too

I've been doing the stretches for the hips, stretching my back. trained hammies, and abs.

I actually think my APT is getting worse though. I don't get it

How long have you been trying to rehab them since you got it?

I've been at it close to 7 months. I haven't gotten better ,and I've taken pics to keep progress.

my life is very sedentary though, so I've been thinking that could be a major factor as to why it's not getting better.

I'm at 10% bf and I'm in great physical health, but I think sitting at a chair all day is fucking me.

Since APT is caused by sitting around too much. Would running help in fixing the problem? pls halp

I had APT and it made my lower back cramp all the time, because everything just pushes way more into the arch than it is supposed to.

I started stretching my hip flexors via couch stretch, which is probably the most important part of fixing it.
Then obviously ab wheel rollouts, they are insane for core strength.

And yes, I deadlift. I don't see why one can't deadlift with it.
See, my lower back was basically hurting 24/7, but deadlifting was still possible and even made it feel better.

You can keep your lower back straight even with APT - just set up correctly and maybe pull sumo. Setting up conventional with APT might be hard on your mobility.

Try to do regular situps or crunches but at the same time tighten your glutes and hamstrings. That will cause the hip flexors to relax. Its takes some getting used to do right though.

Is it a good idea to use back extension machine for a lower back with APT?

step 1 is to learn to become aware of your pelvis's position. you need to learn to squeeze your glutes (and abs a bit) throughout the day to keep your pelvis neutral. when walking, when sitting (tho it's not fully possible, but try to), when squatting. look at a mirror and try to make the "upper line" or the stretch band of your underwear parallel to the ground.

step 2 is to stretch your tight muscles which most notably are your hip flexors and quads, especially the rectus femoris of your quads. look up the "couch stretch" in youtube, it's awesome for it. also do regular hip flexor stretches which can be found with googling. your back erectors might be tight, but they are almost never tight enough to actually affect your APT. dont worry about them.

step 3 is to strengthen your weak muscles, which mostly are your glutes and abs. hamstrings do not (consciously) tilt your pelvis at the end of the rom, so training them won't really help with your pelvis tilt issue. they might even be "hyperactive". so focus on glute strengthening with exercises like the american deadlift (youtube is your friend) and glute bridges. and remember to squeeze your glutes hard as fuck and tilt your pelvis in every exercise that utilizes the hip - ohp, squats, deadlifts, even chins. when it comes to abs, try (decline) crunches or anything where you can round your lower back against resistance and you do not do mostly hip flexion, aka raising your knees closer to your head. dragon flags and ab wheel rollouts are good if you can do them. situps are bad.

>Chiropractor said I can't deadlift until I fix this.
>weak hamstrings

You know that deadlift targets the hamstrings, right? Chiropractors are idiots.

Don't do this. situps and crunches will fuck your hip flexors and lower back even more.

>tfw ass is so big I can't tell if I have a tilt

This.
I'm not fat but years of being a neet means I have a thicc ass

bump

Squeeze your ass I guess.

Just deadlift.
And yes it is possible.

i have scheuermann's kyphosis and scholiosis, step1 go to doctor get an xray to see if it's your bones giving you that posture, if it is then there is minimal you can do about it but pilates and physio helps me maintain some level of descent posture.

if you don't have scheuermann's then take the advice of all da spergs on this board plus see a physio.

Spend some time sitting on your knees with hips extended instead.

Do lying leg raises with your lower back touching the ground throughout the entire movement x10 a couple of times a day.

Train your hamstrings (dont forget knee flexion) and glutes plenty.

Also ab wheels are goat, just keep your ribcage down the whole time.

The only problem with this is that chiropractors aren't real doctors. You've probably fallen for the 'no direct ab work' meme. Start doing heavy weighted crunches at the end of each workout and this will fix itself. Really doesn't matter in the time being.

Glute bridges and deadlifts

Romanian deadlifts for hamstrings and squats for hamstrings, hanging leg raise for abs. Stretch for hips and low back.