/fat/ - Weight Loss General

Done your cardio today, user?

Last thread exceeded 300 lbs Who is /fat/ for? Fat members of Veeky Forums who want to learn how to eat right, lift weights, and lose fat. Here we ask others for advice and give moral support to one another. We all know how hard it first is and we all have to get through it to better ourselves. At the end of the day this is a support general whose goal is to help and motivate the chubby channers who need it. Please be warned that there are some chronic idiots who post in this general giving horrible advice that doesn't work for them or anybody. If you see something that contradicts what the sticky says, ignore it.

>THE STICKY (READ IT AGAIN)
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500 calories or less than it daily to steadily lose weight
tdeecalculator.net/
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G9Z-gKAvzOY&list=PL5TLzNi5fYd8JyYNv0MzunIqXL1nAY0dM
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27914771
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25302452
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4330977/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for almond milk

Anyone else here on a fat-only diet?

second for James, the hero we don't deserve

First for vegan diets are better for weight loss than non-vegan diets, and they help prevent heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, and cancer.

youtube.com/watch?v=G9Z-gKAvzOY&list=PL5TLzNi5fYd8JyYNv0MzunIqXL1nAY0dM

Did he ever lose weight?

I never understand the bed bound people. Their enablers are unbelievable.

Xth for cardio

what else can make you feel like dying one minute and half an hour later feel incredible?

It's like reverse fapping

He gained weight. He actually got more fat during the show, because he stuffed himself with food after he got a heart attack.

>did he ever lose weight
hahahaha, he gained 150lbs and is still alive somehow, ruining his daughters life and letting his wife play out some abused partner fantasy

>stuffed himself with food after he got a heart attack.

How do I stop sleeping 14 to 16 hours a day?

The most infuriating part of that episode for me was when his wife asks him what he wants and lists all these foods and he literally says "I don't want that shit...order me Chinese" and his voiceover says "life is meant to be enjoyed."

do you suffer from depression?

Set an alarm, stop masturbating so much, especially before bed. Once every 3 days. Don't use your laptop/phone in bed. At all.

Sip dis.

>cucks neighbor out of his 50 year old wife abused
>gets his neighbor to raise his kids for who knows how long
>emotionally abuses wife to the point she cannot say no to him no matter how physically and mentally broken down she is
>pulls daughter out of school (High school?) to help take care of him while being over weight
>requires every friend, family member, and neighbor to come over to clean him
>dad has a stroke just from looking at him and he can't do anything about it
>creates gofundme for 15k for transport, gets nothing
>dad then refinances his house to pay for transport to a fat doctor
>forces his family to move to a new city to be near Dr. Now
>is told to lose 200 pounds to get surgery
>gains 150 instead
>begs for a second chance
>gets second chance
>gains 6 pounds instead of losing the 200
>doesn't believe the scale, blames nurse/doctors
>at some point ups the gofundme to 50k, gets nothing

any other sins of James K?

I have depression, but this sleeping feels different from depression sleeping. I'm sure it isn't helping, at the very least.

I'll unplug alarms in my sleep. I've done the no phone/laptop in bed rule, and I still sleep the same amount.

Honestly, the dad and daughter you should feel sorry for, but the wife really did deserve her fate, she's just as bad as he is.

Put the alarm on the other side of the room/hide it and turn it waaaay up. Have more willpower in the morning

I've already done those. I don't remember doing the unplugging. I literally do it in my sleep.

Not trying to make excuses for an enabler, but there is no way she isn't just mentally and physically broken down from years of physical and mental abuse from both of them.
She needs psych help as much as James needs to stop eating. But neither of them are ever going to actually get the help or change at this point.

Put your alarm/ phone to the other side of the room, set up multiple alarms with different sounds so you can't just phase them out.

he's a foil through which the viewer can reflect upon himself
a true hero, james king
by embodying the worst characteristics of man,
the ostensible glutton with no regard for anyone else's happiness
he obviates the viewer from being burdened by his own sins
instead deflecting onto the hideous pig-beast that James has become
in that sense, he is very much like Jesus Christ of Nazareth

Should I really be drinking protein shakes on a cut? To me its protein/calories from non junk food compared to eating chips or something in place

If they don't fill you up, don't drink them. Just a waste of calories otherwise that you could fill with tuna/eggs/quark/whatever protein food you like

What are some good foods to help me reach macros while eating 1200 calories a day?

Can I blogpost?

Started the Monday feeling good but the boss is being a bit of a dick and the heap of work isn't helping. I had to stay back for 1.5 hours past the 2-hour OT limit just to get my work done because a dumbass client is holding off my workload schedule. The longer I stayed the more I felt like slamming my fist on the keyboard and monitor.

On the way home from work I felt like punching someone so fucking hard.

Planned to skip workout this week because I spent all my cash on fuel that's just enough for work commute until payday, and I don't think whatever is left in the fridge would be enough to sustain me working out, even on a massive deficit.

But what the hell, banged out some reps on the db, introduced myself to a qt 3.14 chinese grill named Joey and busted out like 7 laps in the pool.

Never felt better

/blog

I'm new on /fat/ btw. Weighed in today at 89.1kg, standing at 172cm (5' 8" I think).

Either sprinting to near death or busting out speed-reps, the runner's high is unbelievable. I've never tried intoxicants (not even liquor or weed) but goddamn this feels good.

Are you the social worker? You really need to sort out your temper problems if you're going to continue that job long term. And food isn't the answer.

Also yes, blogposters are always welcome on /fat/

1200kcal/day? Are you a 90lbs girl living sedentary? That's crazy dude

Basically what I do but with jump rope.

Also you all should try jumping rope some time.

>social worker
No. That was my 1st ever post here. This is also my first time on /fat/. Haven't been on Veeky Forums in a while an d had to lurk to figure out what the hell is this new sips maymay.

I work tech support for Dell. Temper is never a big deal for me, but fucking today man.

>7 laps
I hope that was at least an olympic 100m pool, lad

No just a condo pool. Read my stats. I'm fat slob and shit at LISS. I also hate it and prefer high intensity. But I'm working on it

Scared for my knees desu. I've like 30+% bf. How are you doing with it though?

For all of you not doing IF, what did you have for breakfast today /fat/?

>1 cup greek yogurt
>1/2 cup Fiber One cereal
>On my first of many cups of black coffee
>Cigarette

Also, any other smokers on /fat/? Any ex smokers? If you managed to quit, has it helped or hurt your weightloss?

Some smoked salmon, boiled eggs, slices of whatever low cal vegetables/fruits I have around. Lots of coffee so I can easily skip lunch.

2 scrambled eggs, a rye bread slice and coffee.

can't be any worse for your knees than running. I've been doing it 3 days week plus at least 3 miles of walking 5 days a week since like November and I haven't had a real problem other than the soles of my feet getting sore and whipping the shit out of my back from messing up (solved by wearing a hoodie)

I was 220-230lbs 6' when I added it for what it's worth. I love it because it's pushing the shit out of me and It's really easy to track your progress through counting jumps, work times, and rest times.

I joined a gym 2 weeks ago and have done nothing but cardio, I'm scared to go to the weights because I have no clue how to use them and am scared I'm going to hurt myself or embaeras myself.

I ready the sticky but idk if I get the gist of it

Can somebody give me a link to pic related?

Plain yogurt mixed with a bit of my diabetic flatmate's artificial sweetener and some mixed berries.

anaface

read it again then until you do. Make sure you download MyFitnessPal to check your calories, it's the easiest rookie error. And hire a personal training for one (1) hour and say explicitly you don't want a program or whatever, you just want someone to teach you the basic freeweight exercises.

i read an after report and apparently ol james regrets looking so disgusting on camera, and that was trying another program to lose weight and said he was dedicated to it

im assuming that means he'll try for 2 days and then get wendys

i cant sleep for more than 4 or 5 hours cause of sleep apnea and acid reflux

maybe you should get some sleep apnea and acid reflux

you can ignore the memes and start on machines no problem

>Tfw binged last night and ate 1500 calories

It's okay I just won't eat today

What else had you eaten yesterday? What was your TDEE and cut goal?

Im on a low carb , high fat diet.and im a hamplanet started at 350 . almost every day the scale goes down.especialy now that i have been including more fat and reading nutrtional labels correctly.its sucks having no bread =staying under 20 carbs a day.but greenbeans and brocolli cooked w bacon is the shit.

>McDonalds restarted selling big tastys with bacon and also cadbury creme egg mcflurrys

You guys go on without me. I'll start eating healthily tomorrow

Good call on not getting your dumbass on the weights before doing research. Actually the same precaution should be applied with cardio. Everything you do should be done with knowledge, so you can ensure proper technique. Don't be intimidated. We all start somewhere, even Bruce Lee and Ahnuld

Went to the doctor yesterday because of bad shin splints, turns out it's fucking stress fractures. It'll be 1-2 months before I can run again without fucking my shit up more. Fuck this world, I finally found the discipline to run on a daily basis and now the method I've used to lose weight is gone.

I guess it's strictly dietary weight loss for a while now or doing some other cardio like swimming or biking.

I probably have about ten pounds of water weight. How do I get rid of that fast? Any pills do the trick?

Stay strong user. I know the struggle. I've been craving a Grand Mac and Carmel Frappe for days man. Just resist, or make a plan to fit it into your calories

Lower salt intake, get more sleep, and drink more water. Drinking more water on daily basis will reduce your water retention as your body naturally retains more water the less you drink.

Pills are short term shitty solutions and aren't guaranteed to fix shit.

cant you just sweat a shitton? i thought thats how it worked

Whats your height/weight?

TDEE is 2500, trying to cut 1000 kcal to lose 2lbs a week. I ate 1000 other calories yesterday.

A meme is better looking than me

Egg whites, chicken breast, white fish, vegetables.

6' 260lbs

Vit c tablets. 5g in water and keep drinking water afterwards.

Reduce your calories by 100 extra for 2 weeks is better than starving yourself for a day.

I do IF on all rest days but I eat a pre-workout banana and post-workout meal on lifting days. Today is a rest day so no breakfast except coffee, yesterday was a lifting day so I ate my banana, and then made two breakfast sandwiches (one egg, half slice of cheese, once slice bacon, toasted bread = 250 cals per sandwich).

I was a smoker for 8 years which made it impossible to do anything physical, walking for 5 minutes would make me want to die. I switched to vaping and have been reducing the amount of nicotine I use slowly, but I'm not in any big rush since I can exercise like crazy and the vaping doesn't seem to hinder that. Fuck nicotine, it feels so good. At least I'm well aware that it doesn't look cool, I only do it shamefully in my car or at home by myself, I don't blow sikk cloudz in public.

I've lost 56 pounds so far, 230 -> 174.

If you are obese you shouldn't run, you are kinda lucky that its "only" a stress fracture. If you also used to drink alcohol every week and were mostly sedentary before you started running every day you had pretty much all risk factors for injury checked.

How do you get rid of muffintop or fatroll? Side gut? I can't explain it but it's annoying when I turn to my side to wipe my ass in the shower or when I take a dump and I just feel her fat roll, it's annoying.

More cardio or any exercise routine? I definitely need to drink more water for sure.

The only way to lose fat is to eat less. Exercise can help but it's far in second place. And belly/midsection fat is often the last to go.

Currently coming up on hour 41 of my coffee/tea/water fast and feeling fine. Gonna go to 48 hours and see how I feel, this is the longest I've gone. Wish me luck, anons!

Freeweights aren't a fucking meme just fucking tense your core and lift the weight along the movement arm

cooking up my 500kcal lunch of chicken and potatoes

its quite fortunate that i absolutely love this stuff

>I switched to vaping and have been reducing the amount of nicotine I use slowly
Most of the health negatives of smoking are from smoking the plant, not the nicotine. Switching to vaping is a huge improvement for your health.

What vape pens/juice do you use?

Now if only I could get my sister to stop smoking... I bought her some vape kits and juice, but they made her cough a lot and she went back to smoking.

You can't use only exercise to lose weight. You have to do diet or diet + exercise.

>purposely starving yourself
>wants us to encourage it
Fuck off retard.

>Hasn't actually done any research into it
>Thinks going without food for a couple days is "starving yourself"
Grow a pair, faggot. Tell me next about how eggs are bad and humans weren't meant to consume cow's milk.

>Starving
>Using bodyfat to meet your energy needs
Damn gets the noggin joggin

Any other fatties considered keto or tried it? Seems really hard and expensive and also I'm very afraid of seriously shitting my pants at work

>If you are obese you shouldn't run
Maybe your right and I should have waited until I weighed less to start running but I would tell someone who is obese and considering running to use moderation and ease themselves into it, not to discredit running altogether. Doctor said this shit is caused by overexertion and running too frequently, which it was in my case.

You're right, though I never said it was my only source of weight loss, just the thing that's helped me get a good caloric deficit going.

I tried it for a little while, pretty good if you're lazy for a kick start to weight loss, not for long term weight loss though. the food possibilities get rather limited if you don't like spending lots of money and dislike eating a surplus of eggs [spoiler]which would avoid the pants shitting thing, barely able to go to the toilet while on that diet[/spoiler]

I also switched to vaping, although I still enjoy the occasional cigarette, just because I like it. I use the Eleaf iStick 80 watt and I love it. I use different juice every time to keep it interesting. I currently have some that tastes like a pb&j sandwich, it's pretty decent.

Everyone coughs a lot when they first start vaping, you have to learn how to hit them. If you hit it like a cigarette, you're gonna have a bad time. You gotta take strong deep hits, straight to the lungs. It keeps the coil from getting too hot, and stops the vapor from tickling your throat.

Considering I regain almost 30 lbs back, I have determination to lose weight since it is easy for me, I'm not even obese fat, well considering I'm a kys manlet 5"6, i felt disappointed that I was 181 lb in 2013 and now I'm 208 lb

Doc said that 160-180 lb is a good weight for me so I'm quite determined, and young to lose all that weight

As a non-smoker, when I tried vaping I didn't cough at all. I could inhale as much as I wanted and even make big vape plumes and it didn't bother me. Maybe without having smoked cigarettes I just intuitively don't mess up vaping. Thank you for the tips and the Eleaf suggestion. I will try to talk her into quitting again.

i wanna start vaping but i read some article about it creating air bubbles around your lungs, im assuming thats just bullshit? rumors created by smoking companies maybe? it kinda scared me anyway

Being a non-smoker may have definitely helped. Being a smoker, you inhale a certain way. If you try to inhale from a vape the same as a cigarette, it'll make you cough your head off. Going for the big clouds is the proper inhalation technique

>scared away from a healthier alternative by some random myth
>continues smoking despite knowing beyond a doubt it is giving him lung cancer and killing him every day

I'll let you do the risk analysis on that one.

hurr durr I herd that losing weight might release toxins into my system so I decided to continue on my garbage diet that I know is killing me.

If you don't smoke, I wouldn't recommend vaping. No need to start a new habit that is -potentially- dangerous. The nicotine isn't really what they claim is bad, although it can cause vasoconstriction and elevated blood pressure. There's no proof that vaping is hazardous, but there's no proof that it's not. However it is generally considered to be less dangerous than smoking. So if you smoke and are thinking about making the switch go for it user, that's a no brainer.

>There's no proof that vaping is hazardous, but there's no proof that it's not.
Please don't tell people stuff that you aren't sure is true. That is completely false.

>Studies indicate that ENDS ... pose substantially less harm to smokers than cigarettes
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27914771

>Based on the comparison of the chemical analysis of EC and TC carcinogenic profiles and association with health-indicating parameters, ECs impart a lower potential disease burden than conventional TCs.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25302452

>e-cigarettes and vaporizers are already much safer than combustible cigarettes
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4330977/

If we compare smoking to soda, vaping w/nicotine is diet soda. It gets you away from all of the calories, but it keeps you addicted to the soda, and the aryificial sweetner is potentially dangerous. Vaping without nicotine is like going to flavored water, doing a little better, but you're still hooked on that artificial flavor and some of the artificial sweetner is still there. Then quitting all together is like making the switch to water. You're away from all of the toxins except the ones found in the environment that you can't get away from.

>i fucked up 3 months of progress in two weeks
Currently in fatty ICU trying to recover

>Not obese fat
>5'6''
>200lb
Lmao I was fat as fuck at 200lb and I'm 6'6''

Thank God I got reduced fat Oreos.

I never said that vaping is equal to smoking. It's obviously less dangerous than smoking tobacco. That doesn't make it 100% risk free. If you read my post, I said, if you don't smoke don't start vaping. If you do smoke, make the switch.

Yes, it is less dangerous. That doesn't mean there's no danger. It hasn't even existed long enough to do long term studies. Therefore, there is no way to know exactly how safe it is. Once again, it is safER than smoking. Stop angrily agreeing with me lol.

>80 calories per cookie
>150 calories for 3 cookies

the things I used to do to myself

Poster you replied to here

I use MVP iTazte 3.0 because it has an insane battery life, can be 3 full days without a recharge. I use Aspire K1 tanks and Mitten Vapor juice. My gear is several years old so there might be better alternatives out, this tech advances pretty rapidly, but this stuff works great for me and I had to try several setups before I found one that tasted good/felt good/lasted long enough.

As for you other folks discussing health hazards I think got it right, it's basically diet soda. It's probably worse than doing nothing, but it's certainly better than doing the full strength thing. Diet soda removes the main drawback (calories) but keeps you addicted to caffeine. Vaping removes the main drawback (carbon monoxide, tar, etc.) but keeps you addicted to nicotine.

I would never recommend it to a non-smoker, you don't need the habit, but I would wholeheartedly recommend it to current smokers because it solves many (but not all) of the problems with cigarettes.

Skim milk and nonfat greek yogurt help too. Cold cuts for sandwiches are okay - the wal-mart ham you can buy is like 4 slices for 60 calories.

I read through your articles, and they seem to indicate that vaping is only safer than smoking. How is "go vape" good advice for someone that does neither?

160-180 a good weight and you're 5'6"??? Are you really muscular? I'm 5'8" and I felt fat as shit at 180. Down to around 138 now and finally getting a flat stomach.

Does your doctor know 160-180lbs at 5'6" is literally the overweight category for your BMI?
>hurr durr BMI meme
If you aren't very muscular it's a useful tool to figure out a goal weight. Most people are not this muscular. Most people use this excuse because they heard it once and it validates their opinions.

You should be aiming for 120-150lbs.

741 calories consumed so far, nice and full

gonna be a good day

Your diet soda metaphor is interesting. Would you recommend diet soda to a fatty or tell them to just give up soda altogether? In my experience, offering crutches like diet soda make it actually easier to go back to the real thing (or encourage other bad practices, like snacking and cravings for sugary foods and thinking it's okay because "well the soda was diet").

Same with smoking. Smoked a pack a day for around 6 years, and I'm now a year and a half clean. When I tried vaping to quit I made it six months before I went back to cigarettes. It just reminds you of smoking, keeps you in the physical practice of smoking (smoke breaks, in the car, after meals) and reinforces the behavior. Quitting cold turkey was way easier for me.

Just throwing that out there. Maybe it's just my personality that works that way but I'll always suggest straight quitting if and when someone says they're ready (and not before, people that quit for others instead of themselves always fail).

Have you looked into the actual calories in vegetables? It's insane how low they are, even when you take into account what you cook them in.

One medium yellow squash is like 30-50 calories. You can pan cook it in a tablespoon of butter (100kcal, for say 150kcal total) and just salt and pepper it and it's great. Look into roasting stuff as well, like broccoli and asparagus.

Check out sesame seed roasted broccoli. Fucking delicious.

asparagus is like 4 kcal a piece. they're yummy in my tummy senpai

I agree with you, I'm a fan of quitting things cold turkey. It's not for everybody though. I gave up soda cold turkey. It sucked for a couple months, but now that I'm over it, I don't even consider drinking it anymore. I have a friend who quit smoking by vaping. He made the switch, then gradually reduced nicotine levels, then quit all together. He has now been smoke and vape free for over two years. I'm not ready to quit smoking, I picked up vaping to reduce the number of cigarettes I smoke. I'm down from 3 packs a day to 1 pack every 2-3 days. Cigarettes are also starting to seem less desirable to me. Sometimes I'll light one up and put it out immediately just because I'd rather vape.

If you really want bread, make fathead dough. It works for any bread like purpose. Great for the occasional sandwhich.