Is this guy full of shit?

I went to a personal trainer today because my gym gave me 1 free session for signing up.
I told him I wanted him to show me how to deadlift and squat because I need someone to critique my form. I only learned to do these with youtube videos (ayylmao)

He right away tells me that we are going to burn fat and build muscle. I told him what I learned from online and the sticky here and he told me that it is a lie. >strike 1
Then he tells me that we are going to do a 3 month program with 36 sessions at 60$ USD a session. He tells me that we will spend 2 weeks learning form and then 4 weeks of core and then 2-4 weeks of muscle mass training. I told him that I have been doing a push pull legs rest for about a month and have been seeing great results in strength and muscle mass. (coolcicada's PPL) He laughs at me for using a routine I found on the internet but then refuses to talk about this routine with me and back to his 3 month program. When we talked about cutting I said I was stregnth training for a few months then I will adjust my diet to lower my calories below my TDEE in order to lose weight and he tells me I don't need to do this and that I just need to get in the gym with him because "we" are going to burn that fat right off.

How much of a fucking liar is this guy? I just wanted a few sessions with him to critique my form for lifting.

Find a gym bro who knows enough about form to help, PT just wants your money gains. It already sounds like you know more than him, most PTs just have some shitty cert they got at community college anyways, his 36 sessions is probably what he did in school and that's the only thing he thinks works because that's all he knows.

Sounds like a typical pt. Ignore him

I literally don't understand how "personal trainers" receive the level of autistic bodybuilding broscience they spew out. It's like they are literally making shit up when a simple google search would prove the utterly wrong.

Yeah fuck that guy. You are better off not asking for a trainer's advice and just filming yourself doing these.

That trainer is a shill. Drop that shit.

You may have better luck with a PT at a powerlifting/weightlifting gym.

Personal training is absolutely overrun with fuckwits who have a 4 week """""diploma""""" they did by correspondence.

Yeah I felt like this dude was a complete salesman and a shitty one at that. In our 1 hour I only did 2 sets. 1 on the chest press machine and 1 on the leg curls. Complete waste of time.

Let me tell you something. Being a PT takes no education or real training. Being certified is incredibly easy, like just pass an exam and you're good to go. There's a PT at my gym who has been working with a client for at least 2 years. He's been there as long as I have. He makes him do a bunch of retarded meme shit like goblet squats after 2 years and goes on Grinder on his phone as his client quarter squats on Goblet squats. His client looks like shit and still can't perform a single unassisted pull up. He has been paying this entire time.

You don't need a PT. PT's are useless unless you're paying top dollar for legitimate trainers who train world top athletes which is going to cost you thousands upon thousands. Online videos are fine. The Athlean-X videos are great because he's a licensed Physical Therapist and has trained and coached many world level athletes. For information on squats/lower body, I'd go to Mark Rippetoe.

>questioning the sticky
Should have walked out right there on Strike one.

Yeah, emphatically cancel

That said, I'm not big on PPL either fwiw

>1g/lb of lean body weight
>t-rex legs
there's some shit in the sticky that shouldn't be there

Any suggestions on where to go from PPL? It worked great and I am happy to change soon

Sheiko beginner
SS

Honestly it doesn't matter much, whatever keeps you going back. At some point you should swing in and ask plg for suggestions when you start moving toward intermediate.

What's much more important is form

>skelly with PT watch me while I do Rope pull downs
>PT tells the skelly right in my face that this is not the form I want you to have
>mfw I don't react since I'm taller and bigger than the PT
>skelly comes find me afterwards starts asking me what should he do about getting bigger
>tell him to visit Veeky Forums and eat like a mofo.
He looked happier after two weeks, no PT around anymore.

I'm a trainer.

This dude is just trying to get your money dude. 36 sessions are a shit load. Most of what I sell is between 4 and 12 sessions. I have once client that trains once a week for a year. So he'll do 48 total sessions. His deadlift has also increased close to 100lbs in our first 3.5 months.

Read starting strength.
Record your lifts.
Watch Allen thralls vidyas on youruve4.
Make it.

yeah, most of the time PT are there to be your gym buddies

Yeah I felt like I could learn what I needed to about proper form in about 4 sessions. Thanks for the advice bro

>be at the gym resting between sets
>headphones are broken so I am aware of my surroundings for a change
>see a qt with a PT
>PT advises client to do bulgarian split squats
>mfw she tells her to do sets of 30

>tell him to visit Veeky Forums
You monster. He is becoming autistic right now

>I told him that I have been doing a push pull legs rest for about a month and have been seeing great results

I see why you are paying for a trainer.

Not paying. Read again and get some reading comprehension gains

36 sessions à 60 dollars? That's over 2000 dollars in just 3 months!!! Holy shit, that's scientology tier. What a scumbag. Did you walk in there with wads of cash in hand? Did you give him some reason to believe you were wealthy? Because that's a bold fucking starting offer to make.

The thing is I am an American in the half country Taiwan so this guy assumed I was rich or at least had lots of money. I can't imagine how much more he was charging me than the normal Taiwanese who go there

Hes a lying faggot.

Tell the gym he was masturbating in the locker room so he gets banned. You have a moral obligation to set his other clients free.

Starting off with PPL as a noob may not be "ideal" but it's 100x better than that shitty pt garbage

Is Taiwan a country where you're expected to haggle a lot?

Exercise science graduate here.

If someone tells you they are a personal trainer, ask if they are ACSM certified. Anyone can be a "trainer" and most people have no idea what they're doing or talking about. ACSM certification should be the basic standard

Considering that pt's in America are totally unregulated and basically adhere to no standards I can only imagine how fucking awful the pts in other countries with less developed fitness cultures and economies are. Probably you just pay ten bucks and they sign your name on a cert.

better to be autistic and Veeky Forums than a normie and /fat/

personal trainer ??? don't ever go full retard.

No it isn't like China or other south Asian countries. White people are considered rich but I never have to haggle for anything and its all dirt cheap. I also can speak Chinese so I will listen to what other people are paying or I can read the prices.

Hey it was a free session so i thought I would use it to learn how to fucking squat and deadlift.

Probably already been said throughout the thread but as a personal trainer (who runs his own studio gym, so I don't have to adhere to bullshit corporate gym routines), I'll always be the first person to say that 95% of trainers are clueless/just trying to get your money.

It's a business, they don't actually care.

This made me angry. What did he look like?

This id my routine is

Monday : back with triceps of biceps

Tuesday chest with t or b

Wednesday shoulder with t or b

Thursday back with t or b

Friday chest with t or b

After i gain 30 lbs in upper body i will start doing leg

I dont do dl as i dont see any reason to do

I gaied 6 pounds in 1 week

I was 153 now im 159

He was skinny. He had a stylized haircut and was Taiwanese. He would clock his mouth to the side after saying something in that stupid cocky way fuck boys do. He had gel in his hair and would roll his eyes and was extremely expressive with his eyebrows. He would move his eye brows all over the place when talking and would wink

Anyone who serves me in a business capacity cares about me. It's the driving force of capitalism. It wouldn't work if we all didn't have a lot emotionally invested in each other's success and happiness.

Not really, no. That would apply to southeast Asian countries like Thailand or Burma more. Although there are also valid reasons why a visiting Occidental should be paying more than a national. If the Occidental is living in the country though, these reasons don't apply, and the people there are usually happy to charge the same amount as for a national once they're explained the situation (or are addressed to in their language, which also explains the situation).

He wore a jacket soon couldn't see if he was even toned but he sure as he'll wasn't big

Generally a proper trainer who is also a physiotherapist won't give a free session from my experience. Might be different in other countries due to competition in the marketplace.

The ones that have free sessions just tried the latest bodybuilding.com meme routine.

Kek. And yet they say you can't judge a book by its cover.

>america
>developed fitness cultures

Lold

Yeah it was free session for signing up at this gym for a year. There are like 10 trainers there and I got the fuck idiot

Shit routine. Also you're gaining too fast. That's not 6 lbs of muscle you idiot

Yeah I thought my ppl was a shit routine but fuck

He doesn't care about your progress I meant. He wants you to have to rely on him for months and months so that he can make more money off of you.

Don't be stupid.

>Shit routine.
Lol
Say the slow gainer

That is good routine and show better results that many routines here

And i did gain 6 lbs and no fat, im 6ft so i still skinny

It works for me

Get fucked

Same exact shit happened when I joined my gym. The "free session" is just a sales pitch and the trainer himself was DYEL.

>slow gainer
No. Your routine is shit. I've made good progress

>Your routine is shit. I've made good progress
Weight and height?

How many months do you have in the gym?

Why you say my routine is shit?

Are you a fitness master or something?

Anyone who says you cant gain muscle and lose fat at the same time is lying. I'm down 15 pounds in my cut, and my arms have grown an inch.

lmao dude are you trying to get picked out as the 17 year old who just started lifting and hasn't a clue?

Can you explain?

You dont have any arguments to proof me wrong

A professional trainer gave me that trainer and it works for me very as i have gained 6 pounds in just one week

Im seeing fast results unlike you people that get results in 1 year

Fucking weak bitch bois

>30 reps of squats
that's legit though

>159lbs
>calling other people weak bitch boi
You're basically a fat girl

>fast results

You're getting fat and slightly stronger which is easy for a beginner skelly.

You're not even doing legs. Gtfo manlet.

Because they aren't interested in proper gains, they're there to help uninformed normalos and women lose their tummy fat and get "toned" for summer, which their shitty routine just about does if you pay the extortionate prices.

He is completely full of shit.

>i have gained 6 pounds in just one week

Yeah, four pounds of fat, two pounds of water weight and a pump. Dumbass.

If he is not doing what you are asking and paying for, tell him to fuck off.

Find a gymbro to critique you. Free and you have a gymbro. I'd personally never spend a dime on PTs unless I'm fighting but I'd go with someone that has results.

Im just starting idiot

Your post dont make any sense

Im not, my chest, back, shoulder and arms have got bigger

Read above, retard

Fat and water will make your muscles look bigger. Water in particular as it's actually in your muscles. You basically have a glorified pump. We've all been there. Reality will settle in for you soon.

Im eating heavy food such as potatoes, eggs and plantain and taking a weight gainer

Im lifting heavy so that is why i see fast results

>after i gain 30lbs in upper body i will start doing leg
also, shit routine

Where is your fucking argument?

You are just trolling

Starting to think this is bait or you're 12 years old.

Are you for real man? 3-6lbs of muscle a week is insane even for a heavy roider

Is this your argument?

You dont even explain why you think that is a shit routine

Fuck off

With my routine i can convert that into muscle mass

What is your routine so i can compare

You crazy pl'er pusher. Tell him to do 28 free programs while he's at it.

>You dont even explain why you think that is a shit routine
Because you're not doing legs and you're weight is increasing too fast, so your diet must be shit.

starting strength isnt the only program that the sticky suggests you know there is reg parks which is pretty balanced

>you're not doing legs
I burn many calories doing legs, i will do legs once i gain 20-30 pound on upper body

>so your diet must be shit.
How?

I dont eat fried food, boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, etc

Is that a bad diet?
Its healthy as you dont eat fried food

Why you're retarded:

>not doing legs
>genuinely think you're gaining 6 lbs of muscle every week
>doing arms every single day
>not doing a linear progression routine to utilize beginner strength gains
>not doing deadlifts

kek

*i eat boiled eggs, potatoes, plantain, etc

DYEL

Don't even opine you weak rookie shit

Seriously fuck off

Give me 1 months and i will post results

A professional trainer gave me that routine

Its very good

>a professional trainer

This entire thread is dedicated to talking about how PT's are awful you dumbass.

Im 6ft and i am 159, im just starting retard

I have 1 month and 1 week eating heavy and taking weight gainer

Where did you get your routine?

>gets told he has shit routine
>instead of asking what he should do/ how to improve gets all defensive and acts like a whiny bitch

this is why no one likes newfags

>Just started
>offering up your shitty "routine"
That's the problem.

Anyway it doesn't matter as long as you keep going.

Im asking for arguments and still no one gave me one

Ok, tell me what should i do?

Can you explain why is shit?

What is your routine?

Waiting to do legs is the first red flag. The second is that you gave no indication of your exercises, third is that you gave no indication of your training volume or perceived effort

Why is your form so strange?

>what is your routine
It's a program
Sheiko advanced small load

I was trying grip and rip

My English is not very good so is hard for me to explain myself

I gave you a list of arguments.

Stop arguing with everyone. You're a beginner. You don't know everything and there's nothing wrong with that. Everyone starts everywhere. But stop acting high and mighty.

>acting high and mighty.
But i dont

>You're a beginner
I will post results on april 27th

>gains 6lbs in a week
>worries about burning too many calories

>Its healthy as you dont eat fried food
No it's not you fucking idiot. Your diet isn't healthy if you're eating a shit-tonne of calories.
7lbs in a week + tdee = 5,500kcal/day

not the pic related but i feel like I'm getting baited, literally anything is better. consider
>stronglifts 5x5 + accessory work
>ppl +accessories
youre neglecting your core if you refuse to work compound movements like deads and squats

>A salesman is trying to sell me shit

Don't bother with his program just keep doing what you're doing as long as it's working

You think you're going to go up to 183 pounds and not do legs at fucking all?

That's hilarious. I can't imagine how disproportioned you'd look if your plan worked out.

When i hit 170 lbs i will start doing legs

1 month doing legs and a weight gainer and im good

You have zero idea how working out works

Out of curiosity, where do you live? What ethnicity?

This desu

Hypertrophy is systemic, not local

Don't have to be a fitness master to know that your routine is one of the worst bro splits I've ever seen.

Splits are fine, but you really need to do some research.

Post progress pic then you 16 year old fuck boo.