Protein Bar Thread

Still trying to find the best protein bar. Tried clif but there was too much sugar. Tried quest but they're expensive. Opinions on Pure Protein?

They're pretty good for the price, it feels like I'm eating a candy bar though.

I mean I looked at calories and sugar and it seemed pretty alright so if it tastes good that's a bonus,

Listen kid........

If you want a high protein, low sugar bar, then you're literally not gonna be able to find a bar that doesnt taste like shit.

Just how it is desu.

Man, I remember having to worry about money. Those days sucked.

I just take an extra scoop much cheaper

Let's get even cheaper. How about a roast chicken?

supreme peanut butter and jelly. best candy bar-errr.... protein bar out there. delicious.

The Kirkland ones from Cosco are pretty good. 21g protein (whey and milk protein isolate) 15g fibre 120cal.

These are GOAT.

> 20 grams of protein
> 230 calories
> 0 sugar
> $5.98 for a 5-pack box at Walmart
> one of the best tasting
Think Thin is probably the best.

Try Grenade Carb Killa's

The s'mores ones are awesome

why doesnt anyone mention kirkland protein bars in these threads?

tastes amazing and no sugar

Quest brownie or peanut butter cup for me. They have like 20g of protein, 15g of fiber, and 170 calories.

pretty much just candy bars

Oh Yea bars are literally fucking amazing man. I guarantee you won't find a better protein bar. Low sugar, good fiber and protein, tastes really fucking good and actually looks and feels like you're eating some sort of candy bar. Chocolate coconut is GOAT

This. I was eating quest bars but they're too expensive. At publix it's $2.50 a bar, I was getting them on prime and it was about $2 a bar but now I switched to kirkland bars and I get them off prime since I don't have a Costco membership. They're about $1.30 a bar when I got a pack of 20. Taste is okay too.

Best Protein Bars i had...

OhYeah! Bar
OhYeah! One Bar
Quest Bar
MyProtein HighProtein Bar
Cliff Builders Protein Bar

Absolute GOAT price and nutrition wise

Fuckin' delicious

Second this. Fucking tasty.

Have fun with your diabeetus

Nutrition are good on these but I found the flavour on the peanut butter cup ones pretty bland

Gatorade ones are actually delicious but idk how they compare to others
On sale at kroger for $1 each all the time

+1 to these

Great macros, very little sugar, made with real chocolate. They're very chewy too, which means it takes longer to eat one.

also just 90 cents per if you've got a Costco membership.

>tfw bought 5 six lb bags of ON whey when it was on sale for 45 bucks per bag.

PROTEIN BARS.

Whoah boy. Okay OP, you asked for it my buddy my guy. I am all about fucking bars. At this point I'm almost replacing a meal a day with one all week long. I love these fuckers. I'm obsessed. My SO is worried for my health or that I'll at one point stop eating real food entirely and subsist on Protein Bars alone. Who the he'll knows, maybe one day I might. Who gives a fuck.

Anyway, because I have a LOT of fucking bars to reccomend and talk about this is gonna take more than one post. Sit tight friend, and I'll tell you everything I know.

Make them yourself.

First let me establish that I live in Canada, not the US. This kind of matters (a little bit) just because some products are or aren't available in all regions and countries.

Now on to the good shit.

> QUEST BARS
Everyone knows these things including you, OP. They taste awesome. They are generally low cal. Their ingredients are solid enough and they have like 18595100 flavours now so I'm positive anyone in the world can find ones they like.
They have a dense, chewy, almost tardy-like consistency. A lot of them also have "chunks" of other goodies like chocolate or cookies or nuts. So if you're into texture Quest has you there too.
Their biggest drawback is the price. You got it OP. They're expensive.
Best flavours? In my utterly subjective opinion?
Double Chocolate Chunk. S'mores. Cookies and Cream. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. The now discontinued Pumpkin Pie. Peanut Butter Chocolate.

> COMBAT CRUNCH
Muscle Pharm makes fucking fantastic protein bars and the Combat Crunch Bar is my god damn jam.
They are a chewy bar as well, but have a thick 'chocolate' coating studded with crispy bits. They fill you up like a trucker and taste awesome.
They're also pretty pricey though. Up here they run the same as Quest Bars at places like GNC.
Birthday Cake is the undisputed champ best flavour. Cinnamon Twist, S'mores, Cookies and Cream, and Peanut Butter Cup are serious runners up.

>they fill you up like a trucker

a big cocked trucker innit ;)

> OH YEAH! ONE
These things blew my mind when I first tried them and I never looked back. They use real sugar and things like confectioners glaze so if that matters to you maybe skip them but it just makes them taste absolutely stellar.
They have a softer, more buttery/airy texture and consistency than other bars but they are still solid as hell. And that sweet coating is the shit. Plus sprinkles, motherfucker. Sprinkles.
Once again Birthday Cake is my personal favourite. We don't have nearly all the flavours at the US does which sucks so I haven't tried all of them yet. Chocolate Cake and Lemon Cake were also delicious. I have not had but REALLY want to try Cookie Dough and Maple Glazed Donut. It's fucking donuts.

> B-UP BARS
Impossible to find in Canada but on the rare occasion I've stumbled across one I inhaled it like a vacuum.
Soft, chewy, cookie-dough texture and super sweet. No coating at all, just like Quest.
Sugar Cookie flavour is bombastic. Try it out. I want to also try Red Velvet Cupcake, Peanut Butter, and pretty much all the others if I can ever find them.

> GRENADE CARB KILLA BARS
I've only had one in my life. White Chocolate Cookie. I wanted to marry it. I wanted to have it's babies. I'm going to order 50 boxes of it from their website. I don't give a fuck at all.
Crunchier than the other bars but they have a 'caramel' ribbon in the center that is just insane.

> Extra pro tip
If you are at home, Quest Bars and B-UP Bars really benefit from about 10-13 seconds in the microwave. It makes them soft and gooey and warm and just knocks those sweet flavours up a ton of notches. It's some indulgent shit.

Don't try it with the coated kinds like Combat Crunch though. All the chocolate just liquefied and melts away and you lose out on half the goodness.

Okay, sorry to /blog/ but I am obviously crazy enthusiastic about fucking bars.

I cannot believe autocorrect on my fucking phone. I apologize.

Taffy-like consistency.
Taffy.
Not tardy.
Taffy.

Don't apologize dude, it's good information. Thanks for your input!

S U G A R A L C H O H O L

It's what I eat.

My go-to.

They taste damn good.

I can get 30 protein bars (20g protein each) for $14.60 - should I do it?

Blue berry muffin quest bar is best bat

They taste like shit to me. I choke them down because they're cheap.

I can't seem to find ones that are cheaper than $1.60 per bar,is it impossible to do so,Veeky Forums ?

Do i have to bite the bullet and buy 15 for 40 bucks ?

Skeletons ITT what bar do you eat
These are a nice add-on to lunch

Average deal at best, they better be gud

Their bars are full of sugar alcohol and you'll fart every 3 seconds.

Pure protein is what I use. They're good let alone they come super cheap at Costco.

It's between $12-16...I can't really remember.

This. Gives you great jawgains
>inb4 microwaving them and jawlet tears

All protein bars taste like shit to me

They have have awful whey powder taste