Hypothetically, if it was possible for a person consume a large amount of calories (say, 10...

Hypothetically, if it was possible for a person consume a large amount of calories (say, 10,000) without any physical food or substance of any kind (thus removing "water weight" all together), how much of that caloric intake would be turned into fat, and how quickly would this occur?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FdaM3f_odqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So fats have 9 cals per gram so youd need a little over a kilo of material to get 10000 calories with the most calorie dense molecules we can deal with

That's not really the question, though.

Let's phrase it a little differently:

You weigh 150lbs. You need ~2500 calories per day to maintain your weight. Today, you wake up and magically intake 10,000 calories without adding any water weight (no weight of food, water, poop, etc to worry about). When you wake up tomorrow, how much will you weigh?

If i'm not mistaken there is a limit at which you can add or remove fat from your adipose tissues , Idk how much it is .

Ask Mike Phelps,,, the swimmer.
You can find his training diet out there somewhere.
He was packing in a lot of food.

>he's a tall guy

What do you think calories are? Magic? Its energy stored in chemical bonds that we can harness to form and break other bonds through chemical processes. There is no way to get calories without mass

it's a hypothetical question you dense fuck.

Usually hypothetical questions are to illustrate some kind of point. What the fuck is the point of this question?

But ill answer it anyway. Say you could magically go into all your cells and phosphorylate 10000 Cals worth of ADP to ATP. You would store 10000 worth of calories as glycogen and fat but your body couldnt do this until you consumed a molecule it could modify for storage of energy

For you

>You weigh 150lbs. You need ~2500 to maintain this

Jesus christ is this fucking true?? I plan to lose 3 stones in 3-4 months by working out on a calorie diet of 1300- 1500 kal a day, suddenly that aounds like it wont make the sent i think it will.

> Hypothetically

this is still the asnwer you say you consume 2500 to keep the body running, that means you have 7500 left over

7500/9000 is the amount of kg you gain.

Is my plan dumb tho? Im 200lb

Day consists of:

60g of almonds
Apple
Banana
Half a tin of beans (145 kal)

Dinner:
2 salmon fillets
Full tin of beans
Mixed veggies

Aparently all this is around 1500 cals a day

200lb and how tall?

you're gonna be hungry a lot but you won't starve

intermittent fasting is your best bet; I eat at most 1000 a day and I've lost an average of 2 pounds a week. Just eat one meal a day for a few weeks and your appetite will adjust

1800 lbs?

6ft 1

I was skinny, got a gf, got FAT. Like weighed less than i do now, went to the gym and lifted and am slimmed down but weigh more (!)

Now i plan to get down to about 170lb

Woah woah woah hol up.

1000 calories a day and you are only burning through 2lbs a week??

week days I strictly adhere to that; weekends with drinking and dinner its usually a little higher than 1000

Still not bad i guess if you might cheat on the weekends. There is 14lbs to a stone after all, and i plan to lose 3 stone.

You don't burn pure fat when ur deficit is that big. Your body is taking from other bits like muscle to make up for it. Your body requires fat to function, it's not going to burn that much excess in pure fat, we wouldn't have survived as humans if it did.

Surprised no1 linked this

youtube.com/watch?v=FdaM3f_odqI

And we minimize the amount of muscle lost by intaking protien and lifting right?

It depends if you are eating fats, carbs or proteons

100% That's what calorie means

>without any physical food or substance of any kind (thus removing "water weight" all together)
This is retarded and belies further non understanding of nutrition. The weight and matter is where the calories and nutrients are. Water content in food is also extremely easy to manage so long as you adjust your salt and routine so is a non issue. Fibre is the only other thing and you typically shit that right out unless it's marked wrongly on the label as fibre.

>Today, you wake up and magically intake 10,000 calories without adding any water weight (no weight of food, water, poop, etc to worry about). When you wake up tomorrow, how much will you weigh?
Exactly the same as you did yesterday since these calories are magic and weigh nothing.

It's a stupid question.

0,833 kg you mong

why the fuck do you spoonfeed him with answers when he can't even be fucking polite

First, your body still makes water. Regular glucose oxidation makes water as a byproduct. A lot of other processes make water, but they generally cancel out with the other ones that require water. But glucose oxidation has a net increase in water. So you'll still have a lot of water weight regardless.

The amount that turns into fat is purely determined by your genetics and how much insulin you produce, how much T3/T4 you produce, your resting body temperature, your cortisol levels, FFA levels, insulin receptors on cells, etc. So there is no way you could ever calculate this unless you had every single level in the calculated. It's also why BMR and TDEE formulas and calculators are off and are just estimates. How long it'll take is entirely related to a long list of hormones just like the percentage that will be converted to fat.

Body is pretty efficient at storing excess energy. I've read estimates between 3300-3600 kcal/pound of fat. Assuming you aren't starting in a fasted state, in which you need to replenish glycogen, all of it pretty much will turn to fat. Would be surprised if you gained like 2 lbs. Not a perfect system tho, and it gets less efficient when to system is overloaded. You may end up shitting out a lot of the calories unprocessed.