Military Fitness Thread

Anyone have some good pre-bootcamp workouts? I'm shipping off in October and I want to be at the top of my class. What kind of goals should I make for myself to be the very best?

Right now I'm 6'0, 173lbs, 21 y/o, Bench 195x5, squat 245x5, deadlift 325x3. My running is pretty shit, untrained I'm at 7.5 minutes.

Also general military thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody gives a shit about your bench or squats or beach muscles. Ive personally seen some buff dudes fail the PT test to get into Airborne, Air Assault and sniper schools. Run your ass off, push-ups/ sit-ups till you puke. Thats all that matters.

Ok cool. I can do 14 strict pull-ups right now. Since you replied, what are some good professions to get into in the Marines? Assume I know nothing

Don't go marines you daft cunt

Currently in the process of applying to OCC as I graduate in December.

>tfw nearly all officer candidates run a sub 21 min 3 mile
>pic related

If you're prepping for boot camp all you need to do is go for a perfect PFT score. Run a lot, do crunches, pull ups, and find a 35 pound weight to push over your head.

Don't go Marines unless you're a nigger, spic, or white trash from Alabama.

Stop focusing on weights, do running, pushups, situps, and more running.

Stewsmith dot whatever it is is basically all American bootcamp fitness shit and breddy gud.

Just casually jog about and do some light pushups/situps. Unless you're going into a spec ops field fitness requirements for the military are a joke right now.

Why fuckers what would you suggest? I scored pretty high on ASVAB too btw

not OP but will joining special forces kill my gainz?

>tfw no shakes
>tfw no creatine
>tfw less than 5 meals a day
>tfw cardio

I want to be a Muhreen officer. I have two years until I get my degree.

What are some routines to make me a fucking beast at running?

Soldier here;

Focus on running, building up your legs and get really good at body weight shit like push ups and sit ups. The British army actually has a handy app called "Army fit" or something like that. Its designed to get you ready for training.

Other than that its mostly mental. Don't make a "Monday Morning Decision"

>Don't go Marines unless you're a nigger, spic, or white trash from Alabama

Army or chair force faggot detected
>calm down son THE MEN are talking

youtube.com/watch?v=zy41a_RtzNo

It's Maren btw

There is no secret to running friend, just log miles and work in interval repeats and enjoy the pain

run, push ups, run, pull ups, run, flutter kicks, run, sit ups.

Why recommend against Marines?

You spend all your time picking up cigarette butts or other meaningless bullshit all day. Also all non whites avoid the infantry like the plague because they are cowards

So what would user pick for a God fearing white man? Living on a boat for 4 years?

Former enlisted Marine and current Navy OCS hopeful here.

Tactical Barbell is a pretty good program. Run the base building template and follow it up with Green Protocol when you're done.

If you don't want to spend any money I'd recommend the Marsoc Fitness App developed by the Marine Corps. It's free and a lot of my buddies who graduated Marine OCS swear by it.

I'm training for Airforce CCT

Depends on your goals. The Marines isn't all it's cracked up to be. The other branches have more opportunity with a lot less bullshit.

With a high ASVAB I would look to the Navy or Air Force. Better living conditions, schools and faster promotion. If you are set on doing Marine shit then look into Green Side Corpsman for the Navy. You'll be stationed with Marines as their medical support and you can observe their bullshit from an outsider perspective.

I recognise that pic, it's from the Easter rising celebration.
Are you in the Irish army?
Was thinking about joining but I'm not really set on it

Army if you want hooah shit. Otherwise aiforce or navy. Marines is literally the most retarded choice

>Chair Force fag calling Marines cowards
Fuck. Ing. Kek. You have to be baiting.

Also army airborne infantry here

If your scores are high enough do yourself a favor and join the navy or Air Force. Nobody will think you're a pussy and you're a lot more likely to learn actual life skills. The army and marines are only 'cooler' to clueless civilians. No matter branch you join you won't be a swashbuckling adventurer and there's not even a war going on.

If you get a high enough ASVAB, do Navy and go nuke. You'll have to be in for 6 years, but once you get out, you can work in nuclear power and make stupid money

Stop lifting, do bodyweight until the cows come home, get to a point where youre running every day.
Do pushups until you get to a point where you can bang out sets of 10 with a couple minutes rest in between for 10+ sets. Then go for 20 per set. Then 30, and so on.

With running, aim for at least 1 long slow jog, 1 medium run and 1 quick run/sprints per week to begin with. As you get used to running, start incorporating hill runs, cross country running and Fartlek. Ideally you want to be able to run a 6 minute mile for at least 1.5 miles, and maintain a 7 minute mile for at least 3-5 miles.

>joined Army reserve literally just for the free gym
>deployment orders to Syria just came down

Interesting, I'll look into these two branches further.

Hypothetically with a high ASVAB what do Marines even offer that's worthwhile? Or is it all looking cool and prestige?

I took ASVAB back in high school, and have only recently talked to a Marines and Army recruiter. I'm determined to ship myself out by October regardless of what I go with.

I had a pretty average score of 76 for my ASVAB and while I was in the Marines I met maybe 3 people with a score higher than mine. Most people were mouth breathing retards. Especially my SNCOs.

A high ASVAB in the Marines could get you into some intel fields, although other branches tend to do it a bit better but I met some CI type guys while I was in and they were pretty cool. Marsoc is another good choice but that's after your first enlistment, same with EOD.

Honestly, the Marine Corps expects you to be some sort of half assed infantry Marine even when it's not in your MOS description. All the extra duties and PT tests absolutely suck. And then there's field day......

If I could do it again, I would get in great shape in high school and sign up for the Air Force or Navy and apply to one of their more specialized roles, like Combat Diver, aircrew or SARC Corpsman.

I never called the Marines cowards. Can you look up what CCT does and then respond?

I've heard about Tactical Barbell, isn't it a strength program? Does it have enough (or any) cardio to prepare me for the military or do you have to supplement with running and shit?

Don't be a retard. The Marines and the military as a whole will continue existing with or without you. Literally nothing in basic matters once you're out of it.

Decide what you really want to do in the military, because it's what you're gonna learn to hate over the next four or so years. No sense starting yourself at a handicap.

>CCT
>chair force

Leave it to a Marine to be this retarded lmao

You keep talking about this "high ASVAB" score. What is high to you?
I got a 90

have fun dying in some shithole for the kikes. your 3,000 push ups won't matter when some Durka Durka in dumbfuckistan shoots a bullet into your dumb fucking skull

There are two books. TB1 focuses on several types of strength circuits while TB2 focuses on conditioning and various continuation programs. They're both like 8 bucks. There's a ton of good info in both of them. You can check around on various message boards and whatnot to see the results people have gotten.

Military Athlete Marine OCS packet is pretty good too, so I've heard. It's really fucking expensive though.

>I'm too much of a yellow bellied faggot to serve because of the extremely slim possibility I might die

I do agree about the Jews though.

>still can't do a single pushup
>they just made my ship date 2 weeks earlier
JUST

>average score
>76
when i was thinking of enlisting i took the asvab with 3 other guys
their scores were 6,7, and 12

>tfw got a 95 on the ASVAB but got some shit job anyway
Asvaab is a joke scam and lie
nobody fucking cares

Oh okay. 91 btw.

I appreciate the insight so far I'll keep running

I joined the chair force too what are the fucking odds
scumbags

Do you guys even know how the fuck the ASVAB works? 10 seconds of google will tell you your AFQT score doesn't reflect how well you did on the actual test.

I took practice tests for Asvab online scores 90s
I too AFQT scores 91
I took Asvab and scored 95

Yeah the only thing it reflected was how it sucked my dick all 3 times

Don't fucking worry about it man, you can't fail unless you're one fucked up retard motherfucker, and literally NO job goes beyond the requirement of 75 Asvab score

So fucking pointless

maybe its changed now but i took it almost 10 years ago
the guy told us it was the general score

>calling cct pussies.

Gtfo

Check out the 90 day ranger school plan if you want to go into basic like fucking monster

Current ARNG here, shipping in July.
I've been told by multiple friends inside of it to just practice maxing pushups and sit ups and being able to get the base score on your 2 mile.
So I'd say since you're Marines, try maxing out your pull ups as well.
But, I digress. I'm just going into it with an open mind and just training like would regularly but just adding cardio every day I lift.

>this argument again
First off, I didn't join because of ideals or my country or any of that stupid shit that kikes try to sell. I joined because I wanted to be in a pure environment of all men where we can engage in violence. I want to do battle just for the sake of doing battle.
>b-b-but you can die! w-what if a bullet hits your skull?
I don't ever think about getting shot because I'm not a numale pussy. Does the anxiety of a car crash prevent you from ever driving or riding in a vehicle? Do you avoid eating chicken because m-maybe it will have salmonella, r-right? Nothing will matter if ou get shot in the head, because you'll be dead. Who fucking cares.
Grow up, cuck

The Marines offer you a chance to be a United States Marine dipshit. You won't understand the bond with other Marines and the honor of the title until you are one. Go Navy or Airforce and get some technical job if you want dank job offers when you get out or join the Army if you want to get cheated on by your fat wife but there is no feeling in the world like earning the title Marine I promise you that. It's gonna suck but like, real Marines kinda like that.

I thought the only dudes getting action in Syria were SF and Seals.

Was 0331 for 4 years, have been an 11B for the last 6.
I respectfully disagree. In the Marines we try to create an artificial sense of superiority and camaraderie, when the achievements, training, group dynamics, bonding, camaraderie; it's all exactly the same in the Army, and probably the same for any modern combat arms group in the world.
I can't say much about the differences between boot and army basic, I didn't have to go to BCT, but I find it comical when Marines use initial training as a point to talk shit. It's literally initial training, anyone not a POG knows that your real training comes from your unit.
The few differences I can see between the two branches: Soldiers aren't as retarded (still retarded in the infantry though), more/better opportunities and career advancements in the Army, better funding and equipment overall, most importantly, less Hispanics

That's what you get for joining the POG branch instead of the ARNG

Well, I decided to become a Marine because I wanted to be the first person in my family who was a Marine.

For me, that was important. For others, that isn't worth the sacrifice. Marines by and large have the best community and are seen as the most prestigious and disciplined of all the branches (barring special forces units).

A lot of people place emphasis on using the military as a platform, but what they fail to realize is that your branch, for the most part, has almost no bearing on your jobs in the civilian world. It's all about what you want to do. I know Marines who run companies and Airmen who are on food stamps.

Any branch is a GOOD option.

Do not fall for that pride shit, its a waste of time. Go to the airforce and choose a technical job do your research

>Marines are seen as the most prestigious and disciplined of all the branches
literally no one says this except Marines

oh damn

Marines spend the most on advertising out of any branch. You bet your ass civvies think they're the roughest and toughest around.

Hmm, what if I just don't want to be a bitch though?

>they fail to realize is that your branch, for the most part, has almost no bearing on your jobs in the civilian world. It's all about what you want to do
Could you extrapolate?

People spend so much time thinking "I want a good job after I get out" but by and large, that really doesn't matter unless you choose something like Infantry. They choose a branch that they fucking hate because of the possibility that they MIGHT be making 6 figures once their contract ends, and the key word there is "might." College is, and always will be the greatest of equalizers in this country.

So don't worry too much about branches because of what they can offer you. Do your time, get out, and get on.

>that really doesn't matter unless you choose something like Infantry

What I mean by that is FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT CHOOSE INFANTRY DURING PEACE TIME YOU WILL NOT LEARN SHIT!

Ya know some people don't join the service for the sole purpose of furthering their careers. I'm joining to serve my country, there is not very many men willing to die for America but someone has to get the fuck out there and do it m8.

I'm not going enlisted, I'll be attending OCC. I graduated university, I'm smart but I'm also a patriot. I have the confidence and competency to keep people alive. My train of thought right now is essentially that if I don't get out there and lead these young men, some other fuck job is going to go out there and get them killed.

>iirc I have a degree in business management so I can use the leadership experience later in life

Fuck yeah.

>good military thread gets derailed by assmad civilians shitposting about which branch is the best

every time...

Boot camp is fucking easy. Hard to get dropped unless you really really suck. Get fatter before you go that way you can maintain a healthy weight throughout. Run more. Congrats, you win. Also, dont join the air force or navy. You will hate yourself and your life 99% of the time. Marines is around 94% army probably around 85%. All in all. Dont be a fag.

What do you do in the Army?

Lmao 99 here
I-level AT

"camaraderie". "Brotherhood". Lol. The marines have as much camaraderie and Brotherhood as any college fraternity. The first people to sell you out and under the bus are other marines. There's a reason marines never loan money to other marines lol

someone pls respond

u gon die nigga

If you want to see action/fight then I recommend becoming an Army Ranger. All you have to do is ask your recruiter for an optional 40. It basically gives you a chance to compete in R.A.S.P before graduating into a ranger.

However, People usual get the Ranger school and Ranger air borne. People who go to ranger school usually do paper work and never see action(don't quote me on this). People in Ranger Airborne are part of the 101st 75 ranger regiment.

The way I see it its more to just cherry pick the dumbasses out of the bunch

I got a 99 ASVAB and spent 5 years as a conventional MM (navy) ha ha ha ... being colorblind sucks

This. it is a very prevalent sentiment with the public.

First people to steal anything you don't lock well out of sight, too

What do you guys think of the Royal Marines?

You didn't mention the branch, which means you didn't join the Marines... So you'll be fine. But assuming you had, I'd switch to a higher volume, lower weight lifting plan that focuses on endurance. Flexibility will be an asset, so work on that. Look up the "Kneeling Position" for firing the M16... I pissed someone off and got to be in that position for about half an hour once. My leg was numb until that night.

You'll want your body weight to be fairly low percentage wise, so you can do monkey bars and similar things. The best advise I can give you is to condition your feet. You will be on your feet a great deal. It is not just about marching, there is a lot of standing around. My feet were fine, but some people bitched about it.

Last thought, For the love of fucking hell, make sure you can swim before you go there. How can anyone possibly think that is a good place to learn how to swim. Do that before you go.

If you want to be a pog ass bitch rear echelon faggot go ahead and join the navy or the Air Force or join the army/marines as a pog. If you want to join the military and actually do the badass stuff that the military offers go infantry. And don't fall for the recruiters saying "oh well this is a lot like infantry..." they're wrong as fuck and probably pogs themselves. It all depends what you want bro. If you want to sit behind a desk or fix trucks that's fine, just don't be that faggot who goes home and tells his friends what a badass marine he is (even though all pogs will do this anyway)

As for workouts literally stop lifting right now and start running and doing pull ups every day. Be able to do 20 pull ups by the time you ship and your mile time should be in the 6s otherwise you will definitely not be even close to the best in your platoon. You can go back to lifting after boot, you'll lose all your gains there anyway.

I can answer pretty much any questions about being a grunt in the marines. Been in since 2011

>training for CCT
>Air Force
>calling marine infantry cowards

Wow you are a tier 1 boot faggot. For anyone who's interested CCT is basically a glorified forward observer, something literally every marine infantry sergeant can do. I'm not sure how you're "training" for CCT chances are you're just doing your normal softer than baby shit job in the Air Force every day while telling everyone your going to be a faux special operator. You are the typical pog ass boot telling everyone he's putting in his MARSOC/BUDS package when in reality you don't have the testicular fortitude to make the cut.

This is why I hate the Air Force

Don't listen to this guy. Infantry is exclusively for dumbasses. They're too dumb to do anything else and just dumb enough to swallow all the propaganda that they're the only real cool kids in school. Don't subject yourself to that shit just because you think it's the only "real" military experience lmao

Why so much disdain for pogs? Matter of fact, I'm noticing that most people I ask about the military recommend mostly recommend the branch that THEY went into and sometimes only the mos that they picked, but mostly shitting on every other branch.

I just started training and I can do 14 pull ups and have a 7.5 minute mile. I have 6 months.

Why the fuck would I go infantry my dude? I literally don't understand because I haven't been there.

>joining the military during peacetime

I hope you handle boredom well man..

>fixing airplane engines is the real military experience
>working in a supply warehouse is the real military experience
>being a cook is the real military experience

From reading this thread it sounds like OP wants to join the military to shoot guns with his bros which is what the infantry is.

>but it sucks more than all the other jobs!!

Yeah no fucking shit. That's why we consider ourselves the "cool kids". Because our job is physically and mentally demanding and most people choose not to do it. Meanwhile I'm at the rifle range this week and I see wooks wearing beanies and goretex when it's 60 degrees outside.

And yeah sure there are pogs that aren't really pogs (tankers, AAV crewmen, arty etc) but most pogs just have gay as fuck jobs. Why would you join be the military to NOT shoot big guns and blow shit up?

>durr cuz I want a job when I get out!!!

Yeah bitch well I got a 96 on the asvab and already got into multiple highly respectable universities that I can choose from when I get out, I also went to and passed some of the hardest schools in the military so I think I'll do fine finding a job. This is the worst pog argument there is

what a fag. coming from someone who's been in longer. Lot of good people managed to get stuck in infantry, but 10:1 there's the shitbags who act like this boot. Go get a MOS that actually transfers into the real world and laugh at the 03/11b's who are greeting you at home depot.

Sorry man just hating on pogs because I'm at the rifle range with them this week and they're pathetic as fuck. You'll understand once you join.

Whether or not you go infantry is up to you man just depends what you want. Infantry life sucks but there's no closer bond between you and your bros when you're hating life freezing your ass off in the field or, if you get the chance, hating life in the desert on a combat deployment. Wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

gotta love it when someone thinks they can call you a boot because they've got more time in than you when they could do pull ups off your stack

I feel you man, I'm colorblind, scored 93, and I'm YN.

You must be so excited to have finally have enough ribbons to have a second row. Nice damage control. You're just proving everyone else right in that marine infantry are just a bunch of dumbasses.

What's your branch, time in, and rank?
>USCG
>3 years
>E-4

>second row
Yeah maybe after my first deployment.

OP you can be like this guy and get a "sensible" MOS and never deploy and see the world during your enlistment or you could get a real military job. Up to you

Anybody here ever get some?

>scored pretty high on ASVAB

You've already disqualified for the marines

I chose Air Force over Army, pretty happy with my decision. Got an overseas assignment and I build bombs for fighters, hopefully bombers in the future. Excited for the opportunity to hit the desert and watch what I make decimate shit.

Join whatever branch and go for whatever job you want. Anyone who shits on other branches or other afsc's, mos, or rate or whichever because "hurrr mines cooler" is retarded

>being this retarded
Marines will take anyone.