Over coming the odds

I want to hear victory stories and how you over came all odds...like medical or gym or whatever.
For me
Was a fool with stock market winnings
Instead of paying debt I lost it to another stock
So I work 2 jobs sold my truck ..I now walk or bus
I gym on lunch time..it's my only time.
I study at night coding and day trading to give myself a better life one day
My first app made 13 bucks but it's a start. So let's hear it user.

>and day trading to give myself a better life

i ate breakfast

Toast or cereal.

>diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder at an early age
>Actually had TRUE depression, as in, (I didn't know until I pulled myself out of it) everything I was seeing was apparently greyish and lacked saturation.
>Go through all of highschool with depression
>chemically incapable of feeling happiness
>Drop out of college after my first semester because I put a rope around my neck and was standing on a stool, then I freaked out and ran out of the room
>check myself into a mental hospital because I'm literally going to fucking die
>inpatient for 6 months, they try every medication under the sun
>eventually they intentionally give me serotonin poisioning to jump start my system
>works
>"holy fuck this is the greenest green I've ever seen, this is the bluest blue, what the fuck is this what food tastes like? Holy shit is that a woman? She's fucking beautiful
>I do outpatient and monitor myself carefully and try so hard, so hard for a few years to battle myself and my nature
>Haven't been truly depressed in a few years now
>start college again as a physics major with a focus in optics (I always had potential, both of my parents are MIT educated scientists)
>suck at studying lol but I get by
>randomly become friends with my foreign exchange masters student roommate
>goes on for a year then we fuck
>for the sake of this is a long greentext we decide to marry so she can stay with me
>I'm fucking married
>I'm set to finish my degree in a year now with average starting pay of 60k-ish
>She makes $90,000
>I'm fucking doing it
>I didn't die
>Oh God please oh Lord thank you

Whooooa that's intense man...very good. Can I ask do u beleive in a bigger power ?

I haven't killed myself yet

Why would u kill yourself ?

>flunked my first semester at a "real" university too.
>Been taking gen-eds at a local community college for the past two years.
>finally transferred to a tech school to study robotics
I still live at home and that sucks but I feel things are not too bad. My foreign gf dumped me a month ago so that's been hard.

My gf left me a month ago. I honestly won't kms cuz that's retarded, but it still hurts from time to time. All I do is go the the gym and study. I wrote this up in a greentext in another post.

When a girl you like or love dumps you it feels like you lost an arm at times haha..but think of this. Like a video game upgrade yourself so you will attract an upgraded woman. Think of her as a level 2 chick and your aiming for level 5.

>depressed and overweight most of my life
>studying engineering
>barely scraping by
>fail a test
>teacher writes "You will NEVER be an engineer, please save us both time and drop out"
>girl I've always been in love with decides to start talking to me again
>flirts, tells me she's always found me attractive, etc.
>next day tells me she was just bored and I shouldn't read into it
>make plans to kill myself
>bought helium (actual helium, not the mixed stuff they sell most places) and a handgun if helium failed

>fast forward to day before I was going to go through with it
>get a steam message from an user I talk to every once in a while
>he knew I was suicidal
>he thought I cancelled it
>"I'm really glad you didn't do it - you're a good person"
>instantly realize how far I've fallen
>fuck this
>throw away the helium and gun ammo
>get gym membership
>lock down on school
>get eating in check and get rid of all the toxic people in my life

3 years later
>fit
>qt gf
>graduated with my BS (finished last two years with a 4.0 gpa)
>working as a systems engineer making 70k+

If only he knew how much that user did for me

Well tell him you ass don't you still have the same steam account?

This is incredible...you guys are like God's to me haha...can I ask. How do you face hardships now ?

>systems "engineer"

Damn son

>move 800 miles to medical school
>feel so alone and the stress triggers my depression
>get extremely depressed, can hardly eat, the time I spend in the gym is the only time I look forward to

>fast forward to today
>top of the class
>lost 35 lbs
>managed to get a gf
Things are looking up

When do u graduate

that picture looks very heroic, until you realize that pawn has absolutely no chance or is just getting used for its betters to finish the job.

what the fuck? congrats user but how the fuck do you just see a girl and go like "damn shes beautiful let me talk to her" ??

My autism blocks me off from having any meaningful discussion with women, howd you do it?

Funny thing about life...it's how it goes sometimes you win other times you lose

I can see why most people see others who are on top...blessed.

Yeah, there's a void there. She was really amazing and had a good head on her shoulders. She texted me last night and I got extremely drunk and depressed but I didn't answer though. Been looking up MGTOW videos lately. It's bullshit and claims to be about men improving themselves without women but it's just whining in reality. Don't need that type of negativity

>get strep throat when I'm 19
>Literally the most sick I had ever been
>Go to doctor (hoping he'll just euthenize me)
>"Well user, looks like your symptoms are fading, so you'll be fine in a week. When you're better, come back. It looks like you've got a cyst in your neck."
>Yeakthx medicine pls doc.
>Get better, don't follow up.
>Three weeks later I get a call "user, come in so I can examine your neck"
>Ugh fine.
>"Looks like a fluid filled cyst. Go get a sonogram and a biopsy."
>Sonogram girl: "looks kinda dense on my screen, but I'm sure you'll be fine."
>Biopsy guy: "I do a hundred of these a week, maybe one of them is actually something to worry about. Brb let me give sample to pathologist"
>"Pathologist wants another sample to be sure"
>Sure of what?
>"You're gonna be fine"
>Two days later, driving home from school I get a call from doc
>"You've tested positive for thyroid cancer. We don't know the extent of the disease so we have to work fast."
>Uh oh
>Begin bottling up anger and frustration
>Turns out my condition is very rare. Get thyroid removed two weeks later.
>Body rejects the synthetic hormone for two months
>Radiation therapy the next month, cancer has spread to lymph system
>Bottle more
>Start uni six months after surgery, body still not recovered.
>Painful realization that after facing death, connecting with peers is extremely difficult
>Take life one step at a time.
>Begin to recover.
>Start addressing my feelings
>Second surgery scheduled a year to the day from the first, more cancer has appeared
>Start recovery process again
>School is hard. My body and brain are not in a good way. I'm burned out
>Maintain a Bish average.
>A year passes
>Body is stronger every, begin seriously exercising
>Meet this girl who gets me.
>Rediscover the sport that cancer took from me
>Graduate.
>Treatment still a factor in my life, but I accept it
>Girl thinks I'm the one
>About to take the first steps to one day landing my dream job
>Nothing can stop me now.

Fuckin congrats man.

Always good to read a hopeful story on a board full of autists

Jesus I'm speak less...but it also pisses me off. Why should you have to go through this when others don't have a single health condition and have a big bank account. How do you mentally deal with this.

3.5 years haha. I'm a 1st year

Is this in the states?

Yessir

So going through what you went through...do you ever wonder why others seem so lucky to not have that conditions or never worry about money

Nice fitness related thread, OP

I don't think about it that way. I learned that getting bogged down with the "why me?" thoughts is a fasttrack to being miserable. It was just bad luck.

But I try and look at things as a trade off. What did I gain from this? What did it teach me? I went through a thing that got me thinking about life in a way that most people don't until they're old and dying, if ever. It matters. This whole cancer thing honestly wasn't even the hardest thing in my life so far. I suffered from chronic migraine from the age of 9 to 19. I spent 1/3rd of my waking time incapacitated by pain. This isn't meant to be a woe-is-me, but when paired with the cancer, it really kind of made me pretty stalwart. I'm not unflappable, but I understand that everything only lasts for a while, nothing is forever. "this too shall pass" felt like a worthless platitude until I became experienced enough to grasp its true form.

I work as a satellite communications engineer specializing in high frequency modulation but yes please get hung up over a job title.

I do but we've maintained a casual relationship. I don't want to throw too much at him

Really you get to a point where you realize that any hardships you face can be overcome. When you win enough battles you start seeing hardships as just that - battles.

Not really. I don't need much money in order to be happy, I mostly did it for personal reasons. I don't think I'd be happy just from being born rich

Jesus how do u do it...that kinda constant suffering I don't know if I could do it...for example

If I meet a qt girl and fall in love then plan to get married ..then other good things happen like solid job or great return on an investment. I would think like...ok when is shit gonna hit the fan. It's odd we see people like Chris Pratt or tom cruise and think...wow how are they able to escape health problems or a huge hurdle that almost stops them.