Spinal disc herniation

Hello guys
I have a spinal disc herniation, and I'm looking for some exercises to start strengthening my back muscles in order to, eventually, heal the hernia and reabsorb the substance

The hernia is located in my lower back, in the L5-S1 disc

When it comes to the symptoms, I'm fairly ok. I've been living with this for like, 5 months now. Many days I don't have any symptoms at all. Every now and then I get like, tiny nuisance pains. But the thing is, because of this I can't do any physical activity at all, because when I do, that's when it hurts the next day

I went to many doctors. One of 'em almost jumped out of his chair with the "let's go to surgery!" proposal. My pain is far, VERY far to the point to even think about surgery.
Other one suggested I do a few physiotherapy sessions. I did, went to ten, didn't change anything
Another one suggested: "just wait a couple of months, it'll be ok"
Other one told me to do some specific exercises, I think the discipline is called neurodynamics or something like that (at least where I live, I'm from a native spanish speaking country, I'm just translating the word); they didn't work either
The last one told me to try ozone therapy. I don't trust it. I'm not discarding it either, at least not yet, but I don't trust it

I've been reading about the whole spinal disc herniation for a few months by now, and asking a few people about their own experiencies with this issue (people who has been in a similar situation as mine), or about acquaintances of them who also had a similar issue

And I'm fully commited to try with some easy, slow and carefully planned back exercises in order to start strengthening my back muscles in order to, eventually, heal the hernia and reabsorb the substance (just copypasted that from the first paragraph). As far as I learnt, pilates exercises are the way. But I don't know what kind of exercises are the best for this situation

What do you guys say? Anyone can help me with that?

Pic related: it's me.

Other urls found in this thread:

healaherniateddisc.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have this problem. Get a good coach and start taking steroids if you want to make progress. You're gonna be in pain anyway, so you might as well be strong. I also use an inversion table and foam roll daily.

Steroids? How so?

Correct your posture, that has helped my herniated disc immensely

Inject them, swallow them, rub them on your skin. Technically hgh is the best thing to take for your problem.

How old are you and how did you get a herniated disc? In healthy young adults it should heal spontaneously with some time. Some light back exercise can't hurt I suppose.

user, MD

reverse hypers
ghr machine
back extensions
light deadlifts

google dr stuart mcgill's big 3

also, try sleeping on the floor instead of on your mattress

hey OP, pretty sure I have a herniated disc for about 10 months, only gets uncomfortable when I sit in a chair. I've started doing ab exercises (planks x 3, side planks x3 [getting your hip raised high]) and since adding the core exercises (also got a standing desk) my back has been getting a little better. I also sleep on the floor because someone on Veeky Forums said it was better for u (not sure if true or not)

best of luck i know it sucks

It took like 2 years for mine to get better, but my job wasn't exactly helping with the recovery either

I've been on it for a while now, but the symptoms (however minimum they are) won't go.

I'm 24 years old. Doctors aren't sure of how I got a herniatic disc, but it has to do with a bad sitting posture through many years combined with the fact that I was training nonstop for a marathon without any rest, without any training plan, without exercising my back nor legs muscles, I was just running a hell lot without stopping or resting, and the constant impact without any muscle support apparently destroyed my spine. Still, the hernia appeared after a I played a Paddle match.

I'll check these stuff, thanks!

My mattress is pretty stiff I dare to say. But I guess I'll try.

I don't get uncomfortable while sitting, but the thing that brings pain and uncomfortableness is exercise of almost any kind; not at the moment, but at the day after, my legs hurt like hell (because of the sciatic nerv being pressed)

2 years? Oh, fuck. And it got better all by itself, no exercise or treatment at all?

I second the reverse hyper suggestion.

Order the book "Back Mechanic" by Stuart McGill.

It's pretty interesting and should do you well.

I did something to my back 6 weeks ago and it fucked me up pretty good. Doctor didn't even think it was bad enough to get an xray or MRI however. Just told me to give it time.

Now I'm headed into Physical Therapy because while my back seems mostly okay, I've got muscle spams and I'm pretty sure I've developed a major imbalance in the muscles. Hopefully I can get that to fuck off.

The McGill book is worth a read, however, as it teaches you how to properly diagnose your pain triggers and how to avoid and rehabilitate them.

Also
Cat Camel
Curl Up
Side Plank
Birddog

ah I see, I dont have scatia. Bet of luck OP I would see a physical therapist

I found this website. healaherniateddisc.com/

Usually I doubt these kind of websites mainly because of the name, they're usually garbage. But I read a bit and they gained my trust.

Will check this too.

Thanks man.

That website looks pretty good.

I'd just make sure to have a coach for when you start lifting so that your form is 100% perfect. If you're really, really lucky you might even find a PT that will do squats and deadlifts with you. Those are ultra rare however.

>Roiding when you're injured

Brilliant.

Yo guys sorry to hijack thread but I got some fucked up shit going on. I feel some shit bulging out on one side but not the other and hurts a lot sometimes. What do

can it be fucked forever? I pretty much had back pain for like half a year but either ignored it or worked past it. Then it really hit me when I strained it moving furniture and at work.

Go to a fucking doctor and get an MRI/Xray

+1

Don't fuck with back pain man. Go to the doctor, now. Then go to another doctor, then a chiropractor, if you can find an osteopath that's even better. Get a couple opinions and work from there. Try to avoid surgery if at all possible.
This sounds like the sort of thing that turns permanent if you don't deal with it.

Okay ill go tomorrow after work.

Shits pretty fucked up honestly. I can't tell if it's just me or if somethings legit bulging out physically such that I can feel it.

Louie pls go

Louie CK?

Tfw someone comes to a Japanese knitting message board to get advice on his spinal injury

It stopped being a japanese knitting message board a long time ago

One more thread hijacking.

Every morning I wake up due to pain in my mid-lower back.
When I get up and go about my day, the pain quickly dissipates. Then I go to sleep at night and sure enough the friggin pain is there again in the morning without fail.

Basically the simple act of lying flat down for a few hours triggers this shit.

Wtf? How do i fix this?

When did the pain start?
Describe the location of the pain further for me please.
What is the pain like? Does it radiate? Is it in one small location?
How severe is it?

Get an X-Ray/MRI. I very highly recommend you visit your physician user.

My GP said : take ibuprofen for a few days.

I've never done it cause i read ibuprofen may mess with protein synthesis and gains.

Pain is more or less where pic related has its hands:
- mid-low back
- left side only (not center)
- its shape is probably a circle and it doesn't shift around. the area is probably as big as the hand's palm.

i've read symptoms of ankylosing spondylitis but could it be possible to have caught such a rare disease?

The great secret is that mongolian throat singing community probably knows as much about backs as doctors.

That's not because we're knowledgeable, it's because backs are a fucking mystery. Ever since I hurt mine I've done plenty of research and have become more and more convinced of the fact that nobody actually knows anything about them.

That said, always get the doctor's opinion. Hell, get three doctor's opinions. Just be ready for them to be 3 different opinions.