Anyone wear contacts here?

Didn't know what board to ask this on so I'm asking you fags since its sorta Heath related.

Like 3 months ago I found an old box of my contacts. I haven't been wearing contacts so I decided that I would try them on to see if the prescription was still good. The contacts themselves were expired a year ago but the prescription itself seemed very close so I left them in for those 3 months. I just took them out and my eyesight seems likes it's gotten x2 worse. I figured it was just because I was used to the contacts but I know I'm seeing much worse than before. Will my eyes go back to normal ?

>left them in for three months

Enjoy being blind, you fucking retard

Like, without taking them out?

I'll pray for you

Haha wow is that you in the pic OP? Shit you're gorgeus. You should give me your Skype?

The only reason I did it was because my friend said he's left his in for way longer than he's supposed to and had no problems, which obviously is a shitty reason to do it but am I seriously fucked?

Yes, go see an eye doctor (srs)

Yea, give it time.

No idea why tf you left them in for 3 months, your corneas are probably damaged. See an eye doc

Could my eyes have just gotten "lazy" since they haven't had to strain to actually see things?

Eyes change all the time. It's possible your eyesight got worse through other reasons but it doesn't give you the excuse to be a fucking retard. People have gone blind for leaving their's in for less than a week.

Go to an optometrist and take out your contacts nightly, you lazy fuck

No, they are damaged

My optometrist gave me a warning when I first got mine. She said if you don't change them or clean them when you're supposed to your shit gets fucked up. She mentioned how this one girl left her contacts in for 6 months and some bacteria developed that started eating away at her eyes.

could be anything from physical abrasion to a bacterial infection from leaving them in that long
youre an absolute fucking retard, though almost certainly a troll
I cant believe a person would do this shit or think it was a good idea

fuuuuaaaa. Alright thanks

Dear POC : don't wear colored lenses, white people can tell from a mile and we think you look stupid

>OP blinds himself episode

get to the eye doctor ASAP OP. anaerobic bacteria could be developing on your eye which can cause blindness.

I knew a girl who did the same thing and the bacteria JUST'd her eyeball. she had to have it removed and is now piratemode for life

You'll be fine, your eyes just got used to it having to strain to see and do when you took out the contacts you weren't used to subconsciously straining your eyes. They'll go back to normal in a few days but you'll probably feel like they're worse for a while.

Seriously though don't leave your contacts in for that long. They get filthy and can really fuck your eyes up if you don't at least take them out to clean them.

Yes you probably did permanent damage

For fuck's sake OP this is literally one of the first things I learned about contact lenses, how have you not fucking heard any horror stories in six months

I got literally blinded by an eye infection while wearing contacts.
Good news was my sight completely came back.
Just get it treated.

Additionally if you want your contacts to actually last a long time and not fuck your eyes up then get some of this and let them soak overnight. They'll feel brand new in the morning.

Unless they are month long contacts you're supposed to take them off every day god damn it.

>tfw i once mistook this for solution in the morning and burned the shit out of eye

literally fell to the ground on my knees in pain

But for the love of god follow the instructions. It's a 3% peroxide solution that neutralizes in the time it soaks so don't fuck off and put them in early or it'll hurt like hell.

I was atleast taking them out weekly and rinsing them. I also never really had any irritation while wearing them only when I would awake just because they were dry. I never really fucked with contacts which is why I listened to my friend whose worn them his entire life.

The ones that last for several months are the best. Since taking them in and out is what causes the risk of infection.

My greatest fear in life is this

I did this once too. Thought i blinded my self for life

Alright well that's not as bad then. Just clean them more often and you'll be fine.

the worst part was my eye lids naturally clenched from the pain and it was hard to get it out, when i did i threw the lens at the wall in anger. at least it's funny to think about now

>taking them in and out is what causes the risk of infection
How? Scratching the cornea?

Sperg

thanks user but I think ill stick to wearing my glasses now. Not tryna fuck up my eyes mane since im apparently blind for life now.

Yes, this is a known phenomenon were your eyes will get worse if you stop using them to their full potential. A lot of people don't know but your eyes are just as much of a muscle as your bicep or calf. You can however get your eyes on a routine to get them to 20/20. Driving is a very good workout for your eyes since they move a lot and have to look at things from different distances. Start with driving for 10 minutes without any prescriptions every day for a week. Then double the time you drive every week until you get 20/20 vision. Around the block is fine, but a freeway will give even greater gains.

Physical damage is different to infection but everytime you handle contacts you are exposing them to the risk of bacteria getting on them.
Thats why the long lasting ones are goat. My experience is you can practically leave them in for twice as long as they are meant to. Since they self clean.

Or maybe just wash your hands before handling them and clean them properly daily? Just spit balling here

Oh and i dont think with modern lens theres any risk of scraching up your eye they are soft.

This, and when you do it, make sure you think logically about it. Cover one eye at a time while driving to really work each eye individually. Just like you cover one eye for vision tests at the optometrist.

Please dont be an idiot. Even if you are being meticulous there is a risk. There is none if you keep them in.
Kys.

You don't need to clean the leave in ones dumbshit.

what kind of contacts were they?
if they were daily ones, yeah you probably fucked up your eyes
if they were the ones that can be left in for like a month, day and night - then you may have still fucked your eyes up, but way less probable than the daily ones

no, i got kik tho :3

>self-cleaning contacts
Lel there's really no such thing since you're suffocating your cornea and trapping that shit in there for as long as you have them in. I make sure to take out the disposable ones in the evening if I don't need them anymore and clean them. If I wore them for less than a full day I'll reuse them.

Contacts are really unnatural and hard on your eyes but it's worlds better than wearing glasses and looking like complete genetic trash.

Welcome to post 2010 idiot. Self cleaning is a thing they breath just as well as your eye.
Read up on it stupid.

xD

I'm an ophthalmic nurse. Seriously we see people like this constantly and yes I have seen people LOSE THEIR SIGHT over this. You need to see an ophthalmologist immediately.

>mfw peoples knowledge of contacts are so poor they still think they are daily and hard only.
>they have no idea about the soft permeable leavein ones that build up no protein.
People and their ignorance is amazing.

is it still a possibility my eyesight will return to normal?

The ignorance in this thread. Ugh I have force myself not to feed the trolls.

I dont fuck with monthly ones, been using dailies for about 5 years now, no problems with them

Monthly are better.

Yes, as long as you don't have an ulcer. Go see your doc, they will do a fluorescence stain to make sure there are no ulcers. Then they will give you a lot of shit for overwearing your CLs and send you on your way. I've seen people who have worn the same pair of trial lenses for over a year so your case isn't even the worse, still, I'd get it checked out.

Dailies are the best thing to happen to soft contact lenses. I have no idea what I did before them seriously.

Why though

Seriously if you are using daily ones you are either poor or a dumbshit.
I don't even think monthly are that more expensive.
Risking your eyes over a few bucks is not worth it.

Is this trolling? Dailies are the old technology monthlies are the new technology.

How is it risking your eyes at all?

Lol? I leave my contacts in for like 5 months at a time. Things are expensive af

Hahaha what...? 1) dailies are much more expensive and 2) safer and 3) more comfortable due to higher water content.

How the FUCK did you even stand this?

My eyes start itching after like, half a day. I'd clawed them out if I had to wear them for a moth...fucking hell, sleeping with them too?

Eiter you have dead nerves in your eyes or you somehow bought the best fucking contacts ever forged on this earthly plane.

Okay, my eyes dont hurt and arent irritated or red. Thanks for your help user

0/10

My friend is almost legally blind and never cleans/takes out contacts for literally like 6 mo at a time. Not saying he isnt putting himself at risk but I think everyone is overstating the risks

holy shit you fucked up, what kind of contacts? dailies? weeklies? monthlies? there is a HUGE difference.

Ok sure, I've only been working in ophthalmology for 8 years but 0/10, you're right ;)

>scientists go to the trouble of making better, safer lens
>spastic dumb fucks insist on using the out of date technology

Does anyone have any experience with Ortho-K lenses? In short, they're a middleground between contacts and lasik, they reshape the eye during the night and you get comparable vision without having lenses in during the day.

I do enjoy wearing my glasses, so I'm not sure if I want to go full lasik. On the other hand, I find contacts to start itching halfway through the day whenever I wear them. Maybe I should just get lasik and get fake glasses like a fag.

-1/10

My grandma chain smoked for 60 years and never got lung cancer I think everyone is overstating the risks of smoking.

Id just stick with glasses. All of them have some risk. Laser shit is a cancer industry run by psychotic cowboys.

I don't know, it's been so long since they were prescribed to me. It doesn't even say on the box. They expired last year tho which prob isn't good .. Kek

I've seen a few patients with ortho k's. Not very common but do produce a good result. I work at one of the top eye centers in the country and we see a lot of "uncommon" cases and still rarely see people in ortho k's.

Also, why hesitant to get lasik? I wish I could get it, I say go for it if you're a candidate.

Kek

Dude those are meant for 2 weeks maximum

>top eye centre
>on Veeky Forums
This is why the world is shit.

jesus fucking christ OP, the longest oasys they make is bi-weekly. go to your doctor ASAP unless you want to go blind.

Better than dailies I guess.

I appreciate your help but I have a lot of tests this week so in reality I will probably put off going and then just not go at all. I'll take my chances, will report back in a month if I become fetty wap

Remember longer duration lens are better.
They self clean
They breath
They don't need to be taken out and put back in diminishing the risk of infection.

if you go blind train yourself to be irl daredevil or none of this was even worth it

Better but the difference is negligible with the time you spent with them in

Not quite but nice try.

I dunno really, I've had glasses for like, 15 years. They're more a part of my image for other than for myself (that glasses guy, etc), but I've always enjoyed the look and getting new frames, etc.

But maybe I'll just get regular uncut lenses, I've "earned" it by now.

As a side note, it is kinda fun how much people focus on the glasses. When I use contacts people get all confused, I've had people not recognizing me when I've greeted them in hallways etc. Changing the frames also throw people off - they know *something* is off, but they can't pinpoint it.

Same. I primarily wear glasses at work and it confuses the fuck out of people when I show up in contacts.

I went to contacts primarily because of peoples prejudice towards glasses.
I was right but in the end i stopped giving a fuck.

And why is that?

I have brown hair and wear round glasses, so I get a shitton of Harry Potter comments. I don't care too much, since they're mostly trying to be friendly/funny, but I always consider them slightly retarded when they do it.

It's kinda...rude, I guess. Like, I don't compare you to a fucking Oompaa Loompa. Anyway, the Waldo comments are far superior.

I think as a female there's much less stigma around wearing glasses. Because having piss poor eyesight and refractive errors is somehow seen as sexy.

Nah,'cause girls in glasses are hot as FUCK, especially this type of frame.

The stigma around glasses has little to do with eyesight itself.
With guys there is an assumption they are physically weaker thanks to years of ameritrash neeerrrrdddds media.
With women there is no stigma whatsoever. People assume a girl is intellectual.

Oh I know, I was only being sarcastic.

Shit is like torture for your eyes

3 months is a long ass time. I have left mine in for long periods of time before but never that long. maybe a month.

I wear an eyepatch. ( ._.)

Does that count?

also I don't do that anymore. I don't really even wear contacts anymore. I just use my glasses.

ever since I heard about those people leaving them in for a long time and going blind I became super paranoid.

>2017
>being a poltard

>implying he isnt right
Well known issue of non-whites using cheap contacts to look white and losing their eyes.

>getting a tan or wearing make up or dyeingnuour hair is ok
>getting coloured contacts means you are a self hating piece of shit

The pol is strong in you trumptard

leave libtard

do you guys really leave your contacts in for weeks, even MONTHS?
the doctor (and every single person i know who wears contacts) who prescribes me mine always told me to take them out every night and put them back in in the morning. Ive fallen asleep in my contacts a few times and my eyes were fucking red and so tired the next morning. I have the kind that last you two weeks
have i just been lied to my whole life or are you all retarded